March 29, 2024, 05:35:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1002603 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2560 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »

Sorry about all my ramblings, but I can't help but feel there is so much more to this.  I guess we'll find some of it out and just when we think it can't get worse, it will.  That's been my experience.  Jerry Sandusky had more than 10 victims and he didn't just start being a pedophile in 1998.  And who else was involved?  Who else knew?  People in high places.  Power and money.  Children pay the price.

My belief exactly, Muffy. For damn sure it goes way back and more involved. Hoping there's a thorough investigation going on...hoping.

I was discussing this with my husband earlier.  His take on it is there will be a lot of noise made, then it will drop off.  There will be a lot covered up.  He said there are too many people with too much money involved, so it gets tolerated.  And he said it's not only PSU. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2561 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57480702/lawyers-shower-abuse-victim-to-sue-penn-state/
Lawyers: Shower abuse victim to sue Penn State
July 26, 2012

(CBS/AP) HARRISBURG, Pa. - For months, the identity of the boy who was sexually assaulted in the locker-room showers by Jerry Sandusky was one of the biggest mysteries of the Penn State scandal. Now, for the first time, a man has come forward publicly to claim he was that boy, and is threatening to sue the university.

The man's lawyers said Thursday they have done an extensive investigation and gathered "overwhelming evidence" on details of the abuse by Sandusky, the former assistant football coach convicted of using his position at Penn State and as head of a youth charity to molest boys over a period of 15 years.

Jurors convicted Sandusky last month of offenses related to so-called Victim 2 largely on the testimony of Mike McQueary, who was a team graduate assistant at the time and described seeing the attack.They did not name their client, and The Associated Press generally does not identify victims of sex crimes without their consent.

The university said it was taking the case seriously but would not comment on pending litigation.

University President Rodney Erickson and the board of trustees, a school spokesman said, "have publicly emphasized that their goal is to find solutions that rest on the principle of justice for the victims."

The statement from the man's attorneys said Victim 2 suffered "extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed."
 ::snipping2::

In a pair of voicemails recorded last year, released with the statement and posted online by the lawyers, a voice that's purportedly Sandusky's expresses his love and says he wants to express his feelings "up front."
More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2562 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57480798-504083/jerry-sandusky-voicemails-to-victim-2-released-by-lawyers-who-plan-to-sue-penn-state/
Jerry Sandusky voicemails to "Victim 2" released by lawyers who plan to sue Penn State
July 26, 2012

Audio of Jerry Sandusky contacting rape victim
CBS News Video (Play at Link)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2563 on: July 26, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/jerry_sandusky_case_lawyers_sa.html
Jerry Sandusky case: Lawyers say they've found Victim 2, the boy Mike McQueary saw being molested
By Sara Ganim, The Patriot-News
July 26, 2012

Victim 2, the boy who was, until now, known to exist only because Mike McQueary saw him being molested by Jerry Sandusky in a Penn State shower in 2001, has come forward to two State College lawyers
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2564 on: July 26, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »

http://twitter.com/MikeDawsonCDT
1h Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Just saw Dottie #Sandusky after having lunch in Bellefonte. Tearing up, she said, "I love my husband" and "he is not who they say he is."

3h Anne Danahy ‏@AnneDanahy
A.G. Wagner says he thinks #PennState #NCAA decision should have been discussed with entire board

Reply  Retweet  Favorite
5h Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Attorneys announce they represent victim 2 from #Sandusky case. Says boy suffered abuse before 2001.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2565 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »

http://twitter.com/jimhamill
4h Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
"#Sandusky was attempting to exert control over our client even as his arrest for child sexual abuse became imminent." http://www.rossfellercasey.com

4h Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill
Attys for #Sandusky Victim 2 (McQueary shower incident) are releasing voicemails from the convicted former #PSU coach to the young man @wnep

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2566 on: July 26, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »

http://twitter.com/MikeDawsonCDT
1h Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Just saw Dottie #Sandusky after having lunch in Bellefonte. Tearing up, she said, "I love my husband" and "he is not who they say he is."

3h Anne Danahy ‏@AnneDanahy
A.G. Wagner says he thinks #PennState #NCAA decision should have been discussed with entire board

Reply  Retweet  Favorite
5h Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Attorneys announce they represent victim 2 from #Sandusky case. Says boy suffered abuse before 2001.

Is she in that much actual denial or is because she does know exactly who he is and she knows she is guilty of, at the very least, covering for him.  I agree with those who have said this is too big to ever be resolved.  As long as PS is continued to operate with virtually the same admin and overseers, there can be no complete justice for any of the victims.  There can also be no certainty that the rape of children has stopped.  IMO, sandusky and paterno were simply 2 blades of grass removed from an entire lawn. I hope these attorneys never give up.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2567 on: July 26, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »

Sorry about all my ramblings, but I can't help but feel there is so much more to this.  I guess we'll find some of it out and just when we think it can't get worse, it will.  That's been my experience.  Jerry Sandusky had more than 10 victims and he didn't just start being a pedophile in 1998.  And who else was involved?  Who else knew?  People in high places.  Power and money.  Children pay the price.

My belief exactly, Muffy. For damn sure it goes way back and more involved. Hoping there's a thorough investigation going on...hoping.

I was discussing this with my husband earlier.  His take on it is there will be a lot of noise made, then it will drop off.  There will be a lot covered up.  He said there are too many people with too much money involved, so it gets tolerated.  And he said it's not only PSU. 

WEB EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Victim Claims Sandusky Sex Scandal Connected to Philadelphia Pedophile Network
July 22 '12

On November 11, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania radio talk show host Mark Madden dropped a bombshell during an appearance on Boston’s WEEI when he told radio talk show hosts John Dennis and Gerry Callahan, “I hear there’s a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the The Second Mile (TSM)—and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross—that Jerry Sandusky and the Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors.”

Now, further evidence that Jerry Sandusky’s TSM was being used to traffic underage boys to wealthy donors took a major step forward via a July 19 interview with Greg Bucceroni, currently employed as a school police officer in the Philadelphia, Pa. school district while also volunteering with the District Attorney’s office.   ::snipping2:: 

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5116

Article is quite lengthy.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2568 on: July 26, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier, accused of covering up sexual abuse allegations in Jerry Sandusky case, lands security job with federal government
July 25 '12

In yet another shocking development in the Penn State story, ousted president Graham Spanier will soon begin working with the federal government on projects related to national security, The Patriot-News of Harrisburg, Pa., first reported.

In an email written to the paper, Spanier said: “For the next several months, as I transition to my post-presidential plans, I will be working on a special project for the U.S. government relating (to) national security. This builds on my prior positions working with federal agencies to foster improved cooperation between our nation’s national security agencies and other entities.”

The harshest critics would argue that Spanier was part of a miserable failure to keep young boys safe right on the Penn State campus.

He was fired on Nov. 9 amid the charges and arrest of convicted serial pedophile, Jerry Sandusky.

The Freeh Report, conducted by former FBI director Louis Freeh, concluded that Spanier, along with vice president Gary Schultz, athletic director Tim Curley and late football coach Joe Paterno, conspired to cover-up the sexual abuse allegations against Sandusky.

Spanier has vehemently denied knowing anything about Sandusky molesting children. Spanier has not been charged with any crimes.

“The report is full of factual errors and jumps to conclusions that are untrue and unwarranted,” Spanier wrote to the Board of Trustees this week.

Earlier this week, Spanier told The Associated Press that he would not have hidden the abuse because he, too, was physically abused with harsh beatings at the hands of his father

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/former_penn_state_president_gr.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2569 on: July 27, 2012, 02:58:31 AM »

What kind of dirt does Spanier have to be given such a job after everything that has come out of his dealings at Penn State????  I keep thinking that nothing else will surprise me and then BAM!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2570 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:37 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Savitz

Wow...its already on wikipedia.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2571 on: July 27, 2012, 03:18:22 AM »

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=2641

THE BAFFLING CASE OF DA RAY GRICAR
FEBRUARY 04, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2572 on: July 27, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=2641

THE BAFFLING CASE OF DA RAY GRICAR
FEBRUARY 04, 2012

I really hope there will be some more information brought forward concerning Ray Gricar's disappearance.  I don't believe he committed suicide.  JMHO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2573 on: July 27, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/victim_2_wasnt_a_participant_i.html#incart_river_default
Victim 2 wasn't a participant in Jerry Sandusky's trial, but may be key in Penn State cover-up allegations
By Sara Ganim, The Patriot-News
July 26, 2012

Comments at above link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2574 on: July 27, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »

http://www.newsmax.com/Freind/sandusky-investigation-allegations-corbett/2012/07/26/id/446691
Sandusky Investigation Botched Under Pa. Gov. Corbett
July 26, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2575 on: July 27, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/penn-state-scandal-fallout-could-185752538--ncaaf.html
Penn State scandal fallout could extend to donors
July 27, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2576 on: July 28, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15980/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=K5L3rLEn
Penn St president: School is covered for lawsuits
July 28, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) - Penn State is adequately covered to handle lawsuits stemming from the sexual abuse scandal that has enveloped the campus, its president said, repeating that the university hopes to settle many of them "as quickly as possible" even though its insurer has sought to limit claims.

Rodney Erickson told CBS's "Face the Nation" program in an interview taped for broadcast Sunday that the university has general liability coverage like any institution of its size.

"We believe that we are adequately covered," he said in a clip posted Saturday on the program's website.

"In addition to that, we hope to be able to settle as many of these cases as quickly as possible," Erickson said. "We don't want to, if at all possible, drag victims through another round of court cases and litigation. If we can come to an agreement with them, with their attorneys, we believe that would be the best possible outcome in this whole very, very difficult, tragic situation."
Penn State's general liability insurer sought last week to deny or limit coverage for Sandusky-related claims. Pennsylvania Manufacturers' Association Insurance argued that Penn State withheld key information needed to assess risk.

In a memo filed in court in Philadelphia, the company argued that Penn State failed to disclose that it had information about Sandusky that "was material to the insurable risk assumed by PMA." The company, which has long insured the university, also argued that its policies after March 1, 1992, were amended to exclude "abuse or molestation" and that coverage for such behavior is excluded as a matter of public policy in Pennsylvania.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2577 on: July 28, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/report-paterno-statue-removed-from-beaver-stadium-and-taken-to-undisclosed-location-1100906/
Report: Paterno Statue Removed From Beaver Stadium and Taken to Undisclosed Location
By Laura Nichols, The Patriot-News
July 28, 2012

The likeness of Joe Paterno, a bronze statute standing 7 feet tall and weighing 900 pounds, was removed from Beaver Stadium for the final time Friday morning, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
"As we've maintained from day one, the statue will be stored in a safe and secure location until a permanent location is decided," Penn State spokesman Dave La Torre told the newspaper.
The statue, which came under heavy scrutiny and debate after the release of former FBI Director Louis Freeh's investigative report of Penn State's handling of the Jerry Sandusky scandal on July 12, was removed from its perch outside of the stadium Sunday morning.
It was put into temporary storage until being moved Friday.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2578 on: July 29, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »

http://www.rrstar.com/opinions/whatyouresaying/x417561189/Guest-column-Penn-State-a-survivors-view
Guest column: Penn State — a survivor's view
By Donald Bondick
SPECIAL TO RRSTAR.COM
Posted Jul 28, 2012 @ 05:27 PM

In the Register Star Sport’s Section last Monday I read the following ... the Paterno family states the removal of Paterno’s statue “does not serve the victims of Jerry Sandusky’s horrible crimes or help heal the Penn State community.” It continued, “‘I think it was an act of cowardice on part of the university,’ stated Mary Trometter, of Willaimsport, who wore a shirt bearing Paterno’s image. Cloresa Turner, who drove from Martinsville, Va., to see the statue, clasped her hand over her mouth when she saw the statue gone.
‘He’s done so much for this university. It’s sad, to wipe it all away is like he meant nothing,’ she stated.” Now just think for one minute, think long and hard — what do you think that statement felt like to the hundreds of thousands of child sexual abuse survivors?
I believe Penn State should place a statue of a single child — reaching upward, reaching upward for the adult hand that will guide, nourish and educate them. And above all, above everything, person or institution — protect them from any and all harm in this world, no matter what the cost.

Donald Bondick of Rockford is a member of MaleSurvivor.org

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2579 on: July 29, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

Start at near bottom of page 3 and continue through page 7 for transcripts concerning Penn State.  Rodney Erickson and Sara Ganim are interviewed.  Video at Link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57481922/face-the-nation-transcripts-july-29-2012-mitt-romney-rep-wasserman-schultz-sandra-day-oconnor/
"Face the Nation" transcripts, July 29, 2012: Mitt Romney, Rep. Wasserman Schultz, Sandra Day O'Connor

We'll also talk about the scandal at Penn State and the harsh sanctions imposed by the NCAA. I'll talk about that with Penn State's President Rodney Erickson who's catching it from both sides.

RODNEY ERICKSON: I was faced with a very, very difficult choice.

BOB SCHIEFFER: We'll explore what the scandal means for college sports across the country with Sara Ganim, a CNN contributor and Patriot-News reporter, who won the Pulitzer for breaking the story; Bill Rhoden of the New York Times; Buzz Bissinger who wrote Friday Night Lights; and our own James Brown and Jim Rome of CBS Sports.
More...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.