April 18, 2024, 04:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fmr PSU Coach Jerry Sandusky Convicted on 45 Counts of Sexual Abuse of 10 Boys  (Read 1004725 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2580 on: July 29, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/164163926.html
PhillyDeals: Who will pay Penn State's costs for Sandusky case?
July 29, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2581 on: July 29, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/q-and-a-on-1486916.html
Q and A on the News
July 29, 2012

Q: Why was Matt Sandusky adopted by Jerry and Dottie Sandusky at the age of 18, a fairly late age for someone to be adopted? Why did his birth mother, who said in a TV interview that she suspected Matt was being sexually molested, give up her parental rights or custody? The interviewer didn't ask her that.

—Michelle Hutchinson, Marietta

A: Debra Long, Matt Sandusky's birth mother, never gave up her parental rights, so her son couldn't be adopted until he became an adult at 18, Sara Ganim of The Harrisburg (Pa.) Patriot-News told Q&A on the News in an email. "It was purely ceremonial, so (Matt) could take their name," wrote Ganim, who won a Pulitzer Prize for her coverage of the scandal. Matt had lived with the Sanduskys, who have five other adopted children, and said he was sexually abused by Jerry Sandusky between the ages of 8 and 15.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2582 on: July 29, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/penn-state-may-loan-athletic-department-money-to-pay-off-ncaa-fines/
Penn State May Loan Athletic Department Money to Pay Off NCAA Fines
July 29, 2012

Penn State University is considering a loan to its athletic department in an effort to pay the $60 million fine imposed by the National Collegiate Athletic Association for its role ignoring past sexual abuse of young boys, according to Penn State President Rodney Erickson.
“And in all likelihood the university will have to extend the athletic department a long-term loan that they can pay back as they get on their feet, and as we adjust their budget going forward in the football program,” Erickson said today on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
He also said that the university would dip into the athletic department’s reserve fund along with a long term loan from the school itself.
The university president promised the fines will be paid from athletic reserve funds. Penn State makes $60 million on football alone every season. The fines will not affect the education of the other 80,000 non-football playing students, he said.
In addition to the fines, the university will likely face multiple lawsuits from abuse victims.  Erickson said Penn State is properly insured for liability but is not looking for a long drawn-out fight in court.
“We hope to be able to settle as many of these cases as quickly as possible. We don’t want to, if at all possible, drag victims through another round of court cases and litigation,” he said.
Penn State faces significant financial challenges in the years to come.  The university already has about $1 billion in debt and risks a downgrade to its creditworthiness, according to a report put out by Moody’s Analytic last year.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2583 on: July 29, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/natalie-thomas/penn-state-real-victims_b_1714824.html
Dear Penn State Fans... Don't Forget Who the Real Victims Are
Natalie ThomasWriter, Editor, Producer
July 29, 2012

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2584 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »

Posted at 07:00 AM ET, 07/27/2012 TheWashingtonPost
Graham Spanier’s gig as a federal worker is a mystery

Graham Spanier might have been ousted from his post at the helm of Penn State over the sex-abuse scandal that engulfed the university, but it seems he’s found a backup employer: the American taxpayer.

Only a disgraced public figure would consider joining the much-maligned ranks of the federal workforce as a step up, reputation-wise. We can assume there were no openings for a used-car salesman.

Spanier was faulted in an internal Penn State report after the conviction on child-molestation charges of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. The report said he, head coach Joe Paterno and others helped cover up Sandusky’s abuse.

His lawyer confirms to the Loop that Spanier is working on a part-time consulting basis for a “top-secret” agency on national security issues. But the gig is so hush-hush, he couldn’t even tell his attorneys the name of the agency. In April — months after his ouster as president but before the release of the internal report — he told the Patriot-News of central Pennsylvania that he was working on a “special project for the U.S. government relating [to] national security.”

But who’s he working for? The CIA? Homeland Security? Or maybe just a dull consulting firm with a government contract?

“I have no idea,”says his lawyer, Peter Vaira. “We know the work is in security and he’s prohibited from disclosing which agency or agencies he’s working for.”

After the internal report was released, Spanier complained in a statement from his attorneys that the document didn’t make mention of his government clearance — something he apparently thought was evidence of his trustworthiness. He noted that his security clearance (which he apparently had first obtained while at Penn State) “required a re-review when the Sandusky matter surfaced in November” and that federal investigators conducted their own probe of his role in the Sandusky scandal. The federal investigation ended with his security clearance being “reaffirmed,” the statement read.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/post/graham-spaniers-gig-as-a-federal-worker-is-a-mystery/2012/07/26/gJQAbAx5BX_blog.html?hpid=z4
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2585 on: July 31, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/30/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Colorado Killer Charged Today; Dottie Defends Child Molester: Why?
Aired July 30, 2012 - 21:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST: Here we go.
And later, Dottie Sandusky is standing by her man. I`m asking, will you stand by your husband`s side no matter what, or is there a line he could cross that would push you away?

I want to hear from you all hour. Let get started.

(MUSIC)

We`re going to talk next about Dottie Sandusky and the fact that she stands by her convicted child molester husband. She says she loves him. Would you stand by a guy like that or at what point would you tell a guy to scram? Call us now, 855-DrDrew5.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VOICE OF JERRY SANDUSKY, FORMER ASSISTANT COACH: And I didn`t go around, seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I`ve helped. There are many that I didn`t have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: And that was the voice of Jerry Sandusky in an interview with Bob Costas for NBC`s "Rock Center." Now, those words are very spooky to hear that interview. Sandusky`s wife, Dottie, says, oh, I still love my husband. I`ve been married to him 46 years and he is, quote, "not who they say he is," unquote.

So, the question tonight is, would you stand by your man through something like this or something other? I`m back with former prosecutor, Marcia Clark, also joining us, clinical psychologist, Michelle Golland. And before the break, I said something about at what point would you tell a guy to scram?

I don`t know where that word came from, but the point is what is it that motivates women to stay by these guys?

MICHELLE GOLLAND, PH.D., CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, I think when I`ve looked at Dottie Sandusky, she fits the profile of a lot of these women who stay with pedophiles, which is they are often very submissive, very usually religious, and they create sort of this story that they need to uphold in the public and in their family and in the private life.

PINSKY: Weren`t they often -- my experience, often sexually abused themselves. I`m not saying Dottie is or was not, but just -- that`s just sort of the pattern I see.

GOLLAND: Yes, and they often have other sort of psychiatric disorders. They can have depression, low self-esteem, even an alcohol issue, and other things that are being kept secret, right, that there`s a culture of secrecy within the home. I keep your secret, you keep my secret.

PINSKY: -- you are as sick as your secrets. Marcia, however, what we`re calling sick, I wonder if it`s pragmatic from a legal standpoint. In other words, can she not say too much, both from the standpoint of Sandusky getting appeals and the (INAUDIBLE)

CLARK: There`s nothing in it for her to admit that she knew anything.

PINSKY: From a legal standpoint.

CLARK: From a legal standpoint, absolutely right. But emotional, too. She`s not in a position even emotionally to want to admit that she knew what was going on all along. Legally speaking, it`s dangerous for her to do that.

PINSKY: All right. it`s dangerous. That`s what I want to get at.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: So, she could take a liability if she says I had a sneaking suspicion.

CLARK: Sneaking suspicion, no. But if she admits at this point, yes, I knew what was going on all along, I just, you know, I just stayed because I needed to keep the family intact, whatever she says, she is subject to some kind of criminal liability. There is a possibility for that there. So, there`s nothing in it for her legally.

There`s no benefit to her legally to admit anything, and then of course, from an emotional -- and civil liability, of course, as well, but emotionally speaking, probably even more so. She doesn`t want to be that person who allowed all these little boys to be molested and abused in her house.

GOLLAND: And often what they do is they do know, they have an inkling, but they also do behaviors so that they never actually see it like they announce that they`re coming in the room. Like, oh, how`s everyone doing in there? So, that everything can stop.

PINSKY: It`s too painful to see. They don`t want to see it.

GOLLAND: They don`t want to see it, because they are in denial and they rationalize everything.

PINSKY: OK.

GOLLAND: And the other question I had is, anyone curious why none of the people at Penn State went to her when there were questions about --

PINSKY: You mean, back in 1998, way back?

GOLLAND: In 1998, in 2001, in any of these? I mean, when we look at our society nowadays, the problem that we`re not facing is we need to call people out. And the more we do that in different venues, that would have changed, I think, some of how this course went or how quickly it became.

PINSKY: I agree with you. Let`s go out to callers. Kathy in Wisconsin -- Kathy.

KATHY, WISCONSIN: Yes, Dr. Drew.

PINSKY: Hi, Kathy. What do you got?

KATHY: Absolutely I would not stand by my husband if he was a child molester. In fact, I would try to inflict great bodily harm --

PINSKY: Good, Kathy. Well done. Well, what about if he were a cheater?

KATHY: Been there done that, too. So, no. Bye-bye.

PINSKY: Oh, you just took off when the guy showed himself to be not, what we should say, faithful?

KATHY: Yes. Yes. Yes. None of that. He hits you, if he cheats on you -- I was molested as a child, and I`m telling you, hard line on that.

PINSKY: Well, Kathy, let me ask you a harder question, did you have a tendency to bring guys into your life that were sort of untrustworthy and perpetrators?

KATHY: No, I have three daughters. And I was very careful with my children. So --

PINSKY: OK. Even so -- though, Michelle and I, you know, heard many cases like that.

GOLLAND: Yes. That we sort of attract what we want to fix. And we don`t even realize that we`re doing it. And I really go back to the point that we need to be curious. If we are curious about something going on within our home or within someone else`s home, you know, you and I, we have the duty to protect. As soon as someone says something that triggers that in me, I have to make calls.

PINSKY: Yes.

GOLLAND: So, we, as a society, I think, need to start doing that.

PINSKY: Well, Michelle, it`s funny you would said it. That`s the thing -- you`ve heard me say before, Marcia, that`s what really bugs me about the Penn State thing is that the administration didn`t know they had an abject, complete obligation. They didn`t seem to be aware of it.

CLARK: I don`t buy it.

PINSKY: I don`t think they were.

CLARK: Oh, I do.

PINSKY: Not really.

CLARK: The e-mails. No, they`re e-mailing back and forth --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: If they understood, they sort of boom (ph), would have taken it off their table.

GOLLAND: Not at all. Not at all.

CLARK: Absolutely not.

PINSKY: Listen, I worry that other administrators out there maybe don`t understand fully their obligation, because they`re not licensed in the way and trained the same way some of us are clinically. I just worry about that. So, let`s learn from that at least.

GOLLAND: OK. What about just the human thing? Forget about law --

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: I`m with you on the human part. That part we`ve been crushing on, but I just worry that there were people don`t understand if they`re around kids and they even have a suspicion that something is going wrong, they report it to the people that can look into it and take action.

Next, all right, I`m going to talk more about women who stand by their men. I`m going to take your calls. Marcia and Michelle will stay with me. We`re not going away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

PINSKY: Back to the phones. We`re talking about Dottie Sandusky. Adelaide in Texas -- Adelaide.

ADELAIDE, TEXAS: Yes. Thinking about the sexual activity with teachers, with children that`s been in the news and court and looking at the fact that within this household, is it possible that not only was Mr. Sandusky involved with the children, that perhaps, his wife was also involved in that particular activity and children and women are not really being asked the question, are they being sodomized --

PINSKY: Oh, boy.

ADELAIDE: -- their husbands are guilty of this behavior.

PINSKY: All right. Well, hold on now. Janet, were you abused yourself -- is that your name, Janet?

ADELAIDE: I`m Adelaide.

PINSKY: Adelaide, did you have sexual abuse yourself?

ADELAIDE: No, I did not.

ADELAIDE: I`m (INAUDIBLE), and I`m looking at a culture that does not discuss sex very well, and I watch you for many years.

PINSKY: Got it.

ADELAIDE: -- women has not really come up in sexual activity where you do everything --

PINSKY: OK. Slow down. Who wants to tackle that? Michelle is shaking her head vigorously.

GOLLAND: I`ll tackle that.

GOLLAND: So, I would not predict that Dottie Sandusky was involved in this.

GOLLAND: But I think she was in great denial.

PINSKY: Yes. I mean, you and I deal with these kinds of cases a lot.

GOLLAND: Yes.

PINSKY: And the pattern is not what Adelaide suspects. That`s just not the way it plays out.

GOLLAND: No. I mean, what I would suspect is, they were not having much sex at all.

PINSKY: Right.

GOLLAND: Early and for a very long time.

PINSKY: That`s right.

GOLLAND: And I really think, too, our generation needs to be far more diligent. And so, you know, we`ll search people`s -- our spouse`s computers if we`re worried there`s infidelity, if we`re worried about that sort of thing. I think if we`re suspicious about other things, I think we need to be curious even with those who are in our life.

And what is known is that police don`t often have the spouse bring the computer in and say I found this.

PINSKY: Well, these days, there`s a lot more of that. A lot more.

(CROSSTALK)

PINSKY: Janet in Kentucky. Janet, real quick, I`m running out of time. What do you got?

JANET, KENTUCKY: I`m just going to say that I might stay with my husband for a lot of things, but, being a child molester wouldn`t be one of them, because if you think about it, even the murderers and rapists in prison are willing to kill them.

CLARK: That`s true. That`s true. I mean, there`s absolute truth to the fact that when they go to prison, child molesters are in grave, grave danger. That`s not a myth. There`s a lot of myths about what happens in prison. That is not a myth. That`s one is true.

PINSKY: Is Sandusky in danger?

CLARK: Yes. Yes. Of course, I`m sure he needed (ph) protective custody. I`m sure he is. But, then, they`ve got to watch out very carefully, because it would be a trophy for some of those lifers, they have nothing to lose, to kill Sandusky.

PINSKY: That is something. That`s sort of chilling to think about that. All right, ladies, thank you very much for having joined. And Marcia, spending the evening with me.

CLARK: As always.

PINSKY: Michelle, thank you as always. I appreciate it. We`ll hear more from you as we go along through the week. And, we`ll hear more from you guys after the break. 373-7395.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2586 on: July 31, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/164354606.html
Penn State faces federal penalties as Education Dept. probes Sandusky case
July 31, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2587 on: July 31, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20120731_PSU_Case__Schultz_wants_source_materials_for_Freeh_report.html
PSU Case: Schultz wants source materials for Freeh report
July 31, 2012

A former Penn State administrator charged with failing to report child sex abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky asked a judge Tuesday for access to source materials for a scathing report that implicated him in a cover-up earlier this month.

In a motion filed in Dauphin County Court, lawyers for Gary Schultz identified 25 documents referenced in the report of former FBI director Louis Freeh they hope to review, including notes of conversations Freeh's investigators had with former university president Graham B. Spanier and Penn State's ex-general counsel Cynthia Baldwin.

Freeh's report, the lawyers said, contained "grievous and potentially inaccurate information related to Mr. Schultz." The motion did not detail any specific inaccuracies.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2588 on: July 31, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »

http://twitter.com/cvmikesisak

23m Mike Dawson ‏@MikeDawsonCDT
Guy from Carbon County, #PA pleads guilty in the riot after #PennState fired #Paterno in wake of #Sandusky charges. http://bit.ly/M1NAD2

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2589 on: July 31, 2012, 05:40:06 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/lawmakers_seek_to_change_laws.html#incart_river_default
Lawmakers seek to change laws to better protect children and bring transparency to state-related universities
By ROBERT J. VICKERS, The Patriot-News
July 31, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2590 on: July 31, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-staters-for-responsible-stewardship-want-details-of-freeh-hiring-1102670/
Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship Want Details of Freeh Hiring
By Nate Mink
July 31, 2012

Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship, a small grassroots alumni group on the warpath for reform on the Board of Trustees, is asking the university to release the names of all the firms it contacted before hiring Louis Freeh’s group to conduct an independent investigation into the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
The group also wants public a letter of intent under which the investigation was initiated, as well as the memorandum of understanding between the school and Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan LLP.
“Certainly, for an investigation of this size, there would be a detailed scope of work which would clearly state the objectives, what means and methodology would be used, and to what extent the final product would be used to characterize the events encompassing the Sandusky tragedy,” said group spokeswoman Maribeth Schmidt.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2591 on: July 31, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/warren-and-forest-county-senior-judge-appointed-to-hear-second-mile-petition-1102984/
Warren and Forest County Senior Judge Appointed to Hear Second Mile Petition
By Laura Nichols
July 31, 2012

Senior Judge William Morgan will rule on The Second Mile's petition to transfer nearly $2 million in assets to a Houston-based charity, then cease to exist.
Morgan, a senior judge from Warren and Forest County will preside over the case, a Warren and Forest County court administrator confirmed Tuesday, though a court date has not yet been set.
The Second Mile announced in May via its website it would close for good after transferring all of its assets to Arrow Child & Family Ministries, which has operations in Pennsylvania and was founded by a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. The transfer has to be approved by Centre County Orphan's Court and faces opposition from some of Jerry Sandusky's victims.
On June 26, attorneys representing Victims 3, 5 and 7 filed documents in Centre County to block The Second Mile's asset transfer.
A fourth man, identified in court documents as 'John Doe' is also filing to block the transfer. 'John Doe' is a Philadelphia man who, while not a part of the original grand jury presentment, has filed a civil suit in Philadelphia against Sandusky, according to court documents. At least three civil suits have been filed against the university.
According to court documents, transferring $2 million would constitute 40 percent of The Second Mile's holdings and victims' attorneys want The Second Mile prioritize paying off the liabilities incurred from the Sandusky trial, which would be hampered by a transfer of funds.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2592 on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »

July 31, 2012
The Climategate and Jerry Sandusky Scandals: A Common Thread

America, it's time to meet your newest top-secret government employee: a professional cover-up artist with a radical agenda.

Graham Spanier is the former Penn State University president who was fired during the Jerry Sandusky investigation for failing to properly investigate Sandusky when the pedophilia allegations first surfaced.

Spanier's "investigation" of Jerry Sandusky was so thoroughly inept that it got him fired.  When it was completed, Spanier stated that he had "complete confidence in how they have handled the allegations against Sandusky," and he was fired very shortly thereafter.  The recent Freeh report indicates that the investigation was conducted for the purpose of finding nothing.  In other words, it was a cover-up.

It wasn't the only time Spanier rigged an inept investigation for the purpose of finding nothing.  In 2010, his investigators found that Penn State climatologist Michael Mann had done nothing wrong when he invented his "hockey stick trick," to "hide the decline" and lend false credibility to climate change theory.  The difference between the Mann investigation and the Sandusky investigation is that one covered up a sex offender and the other covered up a fraud.  ::snipping2:: 

The Child Rape Cover-Ups

His career started in the early '70s, when he became one of the world's leading academic voices for "swinging," or mate-swapping.  He wrote his doctoral dissertation on the subject, and he frequently published additional essays throughout the 1970s.  His conclusion was that mate-swapping is good for marriages as long as it is not done in secret.  In an article on mate-swapping that he co-wrote with Charles L. Cole from 1975, we find this gem: "We choose to view deviant behavior simply as behavior that some value and others consider wrong. An individual's behavior becomes deviant only when others define it as deviant."

With this attitude toward sexual morality, does it surprise you that Spanier himself personally refused to investigate a completely different sex scandal just a few days before the allegations against Sandusky were first brought to his attention?

In February 2002, a man named Paul McLaughlin spoke personally with Graham Spanier and told him that he had been sexually molested as a child by a Penn State professor named John Neisworth, on the Penn State campus.  McLaughlin offered Spanier a copy of a tape recording in which the professor admitted the abuse.

Spanier told him, "Don't bother," and never pursued the case at all.  A few days later, on March 1, football assistant Mike McQuery reported finding Jerry Sandusky anally raping a boy in the shower, and Spanier again dismissed the allegation, eventually leading to the current shambles of Penn State.  The crime was evil.  The cover-up destroyed an institution.

If you are counting at home, that is two charges of child rape in one week that Graham Spanier personally refused to investigate.  The reason the Neisworth abuse case isn't more famous is because it didn't involve a celebrity football coach.  ::snipping2:: 

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/the_climategate_and_jerry_sandusky_scandals_a_common_thread.html#ixzz22FBaeLV2
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2593 on: August 01, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/31/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS47234236920120731
The Sandusky Effect: More Sex Abuse Victims Speak Out
July 30, 2012

Call it the Sandusky effect. There has been an increase in sex abuse reporting since the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky scandal made national headlines. Oftentimes, these reports are being made by victims who claimed abuse decades ago.

While advocates say there tends to be a noticeable increase in sex abuse reporting following most national stories, they say that there has been an extraordinary boost in reporting since the Sandusky story, reports the Charlotte *******.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2594 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/sandusky_appeal_schedule_defin.html
Post-trial issue over Jerry Sandusky case leaks gets a schedule
By Charles Thompson, The Patriot-News
August 1, 2012

The presiding judge in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation case has issued an order giving Sandusky's defense time 21 days to outline its appeal of a post-trial ruling in the case.
Shortly after the Sandusky verdict came in, Judge John M. Cleland required the defense team to give an inventory of any materials obtained from prosecutors but not used at trial that it shared with outside entities.
That ruling came as part of a crackdown on leaks that Cleland felt could have jeopardized secrecy of elements of the ongoing grand jury investigation into the Sandusky case.
Cleland did not issue a parallel order on prosecutors, stating that would be the province of the judge running the grand jury.
Sandusky's attorneys have complained that Cleland's order is a one-sided over-reach that threatens to improperly encroach on their strategy and work product.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2595 on: August 01, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/sandusky-defense-ordered-to-explain-reasons-for-appeal-within-21-days-1103652/
Sandusky Defense Ordered to Explain Reasons for Appeal Within 21 Days
By Laura Nichols
August 1, 2012

Karl Rominger, co-counsel for Jerry Sandusky, has 21 days to file a motion explaining his reasons for filing an appeal, per an order signed by Judge John Cleland Wednesday.
The previous Concise Statement of Matters Complained of on Appeal has been stricken from the record, Cleland said, and Rominger now has to comply with the motion filed by the Attorney General's Office so that his motion follows Pennsylvania judicial guidelines.
Any issue "not properly included in the concise statement of matters complained of on appeal and timely filed ... shall be waived," Cleland wrote.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2596 on: August 01, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/jerry-sandusky-extremely-distraught-over-penn-state-penalties/2012/08/01/gJQAuuSfPX_blog.html
Jerry Sandusky “extremely distraught” over Penn State penalties
August 1, 2012

The voice of Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State defensive coordinator who is awaiting sentencing after his conviction of child sex abuse, has been infrequently heard since his arrest last November.
That may change when he is sentenced, his lawyer said as he offered a glimpse into Sandusky’s life behind bars and his reaction to NCAA penalties recently handed Penn State and the fact that Victim 2 has stepped forward.

“He’s extremely distraught about what’s happened at Penn State,” attorney Joe Amendola said in an interview with centredaily.com. “He never, never dreamed that anything he was accused of doing would have this type of impact on Penn State, not only athletics, but the university as a whole.”

Last week, Sandusky learned that Victim 2, whom he was convicted of assaulting as a child in a Penn State shower, had stepped forward and was devastated, Amendola said.

Sandusky, who was described by Amendola as being “in good spirits,” spends much of his time writing his account of events and Amendola said he expects Sandusky to speak at his sentencing.
A sentencing date has not yet been set. In the interim, Sandusky has asked to be removed what is essentially solitary confinement, Amendola told the Associated Press.

“He continues to believe that the truth will come out at some point, and that he'll get another trial or another opportunity to establish his innocence,” Amendola said.

Photo Gallery at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2597 on: August 01, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/wires/08/01/2060.ap.fbc.penn.state.abuse.3rd.ld.writethru.0796/index.html
Lawyer: Sandusky upset over Penn State sanctions
August 1, 2012

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Jerry Sandusky is distraught over the NCAA penalties issued to Penn State's football program for the school's handling of his child sexual abuse scandal and maintains his innocence as he awaits sentencing, his defense lawyer said Wednesday.
Attorney Joe Amendola told The Associated Press in a phone interview that Sandusky told him that even if people believe he is guilty of the crimes for which he was convicted in June, it would be "ridiculous'' to think Penn State administrators engaged in a cover-up.
"He continues to believe that the truth will come out at some point, and that he'll get another trial or another opportunity to establish his innocence,'' Amendola said.
A spokesman for the attorney general's office declined to comment.
Amendola said he expects sentencing will occur in September, although a date has not been set. Sandusky, who did not testify on his own behalf during the trial, has been writing a statement to read to Judge John Cleland at sentencing that will address all 10 sets of charges.
Amendola said work had begun on an appeal, which may not be filed until after sentencing. If Sandusky appeals to Cleland, rather than going directly to Superior Court, he would have 10 days to file, and Cleland then would have four months to rule, Amendola said.
Also Wednesday, Cleland struck from the record a filing made by Sandusky co-counsel Karl Rominger last month that challenged an order by the judge designed to figure out if lawyers were leaking information to the media. Cleland's order on Wednesday, citing rules of legal procedure, gave Rominger three weeks to file a new version.
Also Wednesday, the NCAA announced it had picked George Mitchell, a former U.S. senator from Maine, to serve as Penn State's athletics integrity monitor for the coming five years, keeping tabs on the school's compliance with the sanctions and related matters.
Mitchell's duties will include making four progress reports each year to the NCAA, Big 10 and the university's trustees.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2598 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »

Wait a minute....he's distraught over the Penn State sanctions but hardly batted an eye in court when his MANY victims recounted details of his abuse.  And I'm supposed to care, why?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2599 on: August 01, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »

Wait a minute....he's distraught over the Penn State sanctions but hardly batted an eye in court when his MANY victims recounted details of his abuse.  And I'm supposed to care, why?

Exactly.  Who cares what that serial child molester Jerry Sandusky thinks about PSU sanctions.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.