April 26, 2024, 07:31:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Metalwala, 2 yrs old MISSING November 6, 2011 Bellevue, WA  (Read 147571 times)
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2011, 02:42:39 AM »

Volunteers plan to post more Sky Metalwala flyers, but police say no new leads 

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/volunteers-plan-post-more-sky-metalwala-flyers-pol/nFqwZ/

A new call was issued Wednesday for volunteers to help pass out flyers with the hope they will generate new leads in the search for Sky Metalwala.

::snipping2::

The volunteers plan to target areas in Redmond close to where Sky’s mother, Julia Biryukova, lived and shopped.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2011, 02:44:05 PM »

Group pushing for missing boy's father to be reunited with daughter
By KOMO Staff Published: Dec 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM PST

SEATTLE -- A national family advocacy group is urging Washington state agencies to reunite the sister of missing boy Sky Metalwala with her father.

Glen Sacks, executive director of Fathers and Families, said there is no reason for the 4-year-old girl to have to stay in foster care.

"Solomon Metalwala has been separated from his daughter for almost a year now based on charges that have been discredited, certainly charges made by his accuser - his ex-wife - who has been completely discredited," he said.

The girl was taken away from her mother, Julia Biryukova, after her 2-year-old brother disappeared last month.

Biryukova said Sky disappeared after she left him alone in an unlocked car while she went to go seek help with her daughter after the car ran out of gas. Investigators later determined the car's gas tank was not empty.

Sacks said if Biryukova can not take care of her daughter, the girl should be handed over to her father, Solomon Metalwala, instead of the state. 
"How on Earth could it not be detrimental for a scared little girl to be housed with strangers instead of being with the father she loves and needs? I think any parent can relate to that," said Sacks. "The daughter should've immediately been given to her father."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Group-pushing-for-missing-boys-father-to-be-reunited-with-daughter-134865178.html

If the daughter isn't returned,  there better be a compelling reason why not.  And it can't be the incident in which both were neglectful in leaving Sky in the car at Target.  That didn't keep her from having custody; it shouldn't keep him.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

Sky Metalwala's father fighting for custody of Sky's sister 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45554738/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/#.Tt0I6mOsdoc

KENT, Wash. -- A hearing starts Monday in Kent to determine the custody of Sky Metalwala's sister.

The 4-year-old is currently in the care of the state Department of Social and Health Services. The state took her away from her mother, Julia Biryukova, after Biryukova reported Sky missing last month.

Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala, is now fighting for custody of his 4-year-old daughter.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

Custody of Sky's sister granted to Solomon Metalwala

http://www.king5.com/home/Sky-Metalwalas-father-fighting-for-custody-of-Skys-sister-135032528.html

KENT, Wash. -- A commissioner has granted custody of Sky Metalwala's 4-year-old sister to her father, Solomon Metalwala, pending drop of a protection order in another court.
The decision was made Monday morning at a hearing in Kent, where Solomon was present to ask the state to grant him custody of his daughter.

Biryukova was not present at Monday's hearing, but her lawyer appeared on her behalf. surprise, surprise 

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »

Custody of Sky's sister granted to Solomon Metalwala

http://www.king5.com/home/Sky-Metalwalas-father-fighting-for-custody-of-Skys-sister-135032528.html

KENT, Wash. -- A commissioner has granted custody of Sky Metalwala's 4-year-old sister to her father, Solomon Metalwala, pending drop of a protection order in another court.
The decision was made Monday morning at a hearing in Kent, where Solomon was present to ask the state to grant him custody of his daughter.

Biryukova was not present at Monday's hearing, but her lawyer appeared on her behalf. surprise, surprise 

Good news, at least for his daughter.  Now, to find Sky... an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »

Forgive me as I do not know how a grand jury works. With that said, can a grand jury make the mother talk or take a poly? What do y'all think is the hold up in this case? Why are they treating the mother with kid gloves? Do y'all think LE is tiptoeing around her because they think she is mentally ill? So frustrating that there has been nothing in this case at least publicly.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »

Forgive me as I do not know how a grand jury works. With that said, can a grand jury make the mother talk or take a poly? What do y'all think is the hold up in this case? Why are they treating the mother with kid gloves? Do y'all think LE is tiptoeing around her because they think she is mentally ill? So frustrating that there has been nothing in this case at least publicly.

A grand jury can issue a subpoena for you to testify.  If you don't appear, you are in contempt of court and can be jailed for that.  If you appear, you can not be forced to testify, that is your Fifth Amendment protection, and you can't be made to take a poly against your will. 

They are treating her this way because of the presumption of innocence.  If they thought it would do any good, the police would be pressuring her hard to take advantage of her mental state. 

Personally, I would have water boarded her on day one because her story was so asinine from the beginning.  But that's just me being tired of kids going missing and parents clamming up because they have that right.  The longer a child goes missing, the less chance there is that he/she will ever be found or if the body is found, the less forensic evidence that can be recovered. 

Bah humbug ----   

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »

A grand jury can issue a subpoena for you to testify.  If you don't appear, you are in contempt of court and can be jailed for that.  If you appear, you can not be forced to testify, that is your Fifth Amendment protection, and you can't be made to take a poly against your will. 

They are treating her this way because of the presumption of innocence.  If they thought it would do any good, the police would be pressuring her hard to take advantage of her mental state. 

Personally, I would have water boarded her on day one because her story was so asinine from the beginning.  But that's just me being tired of kids going missing and parents clamming up because they have that right.  The longer a child goes missing, the less chance there is that he/she will ever be found or if the body is found, the less forensic evidence that can be recovered. 

Bah humbug ----   
Thanks so much Flutter  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

Sky Metalwala's grandmother disagrees with court's custody ruling

by CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News
Bio | Email | Follow: @ChrisDaniels5

Posted on December 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Updated yesterday at 12:19 PM

Related:

Sky Metalwala's father to regain custody of daughter
    Solomon Metalwala one step away from regaining custody of Sky's sister

Sky Metalwala's grandmother disagrees with a judge's ruling that grants custody of the missing two-year-old's sister to the children's father, Solomon Metalwala.

Asked by KING 5 reporter Chris Daniels to comment on the decision, Nadia Biryukova wrote in an email:

"I’m not exactly sure how to react to the decision. On one hand, I would like to be happy that Maile will be with one of her parents; on the other hand, I feel somewhat uneasy about the father. On one hand, I used to know Solomon as caring and loving husband and father; on the other hand, there is something pretty mysterious and questionable about him."

Nadia Biryukova also wrote to Daniels that she believes Sky's sister, Maile, "would be better off staying with a good foster family and have visitations of both parents for now."
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Sky-Metalwalas-grandmother-disagrees-with-courts-custody-ruling-135192983.html

BBM

This "grandmother" is an idiot!  Anyone who has ever worked with the foster care system knows that getting a "good" family is a cr@p shoot, at best.  Why would she want to traumatize this child any more by placing her with STRANGERS. 

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »

Sky Metalwala's mother knows more, says missing boy's father

"I'm believing he is alive, and my search for my son will continue until we find him," Solomon Metalwala said during an interview with KING 5's Joyce Taylor.

When asked if he believes someone is hiding Sky for Julia, Solomon said: "That's what I believe."

Prompted by Taylor to speculate who would hide his son, Solomon said: "Possibly somebody who has a good trust in Julia. And I don't know why he would do something like that."

When asked again if he believes someone is hiding Sky for Julia, Solomon replied: "That's one of the scenarios that I have played in my head, because it doesn't make any sense for the car to be opened and for Sky to be disappeared in Bellevue."

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Sky-Metalwalas-mother-knows-more-says-missing-boys-father-135446908.html

My "hopes" are with this father, but I am so jaded that I don't think it is true.   an angelic monkey

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »

A Puyallup man thought he saw Sky Metalwala, the 2-year-old boy missing for several weeks on the Eastside, at the IKEA store in Renton on Nov. 12.

He contacted Renton Police on Nov. 23 to report the possible sighting. He told officers that the child with a couple who spoke either Russian or Ukrainian looked like the missing Sky. The boy was asleep in the stroller; a girl around 6 years old was with the couple, too.

The man told officers he called the tip line set up by the Bellevue Police Department about two days after seeing the couple and child at IKEA. A Bellevue detective told him to ask the Renton Police Department to obtain store security footage from Nov. 12. ::snipping2::

http://www.rentonreporter.com/news/135477888.html

From what I can tell from Google maps, Renton is about 10 miles from Bellevue.   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »

Sky Metalwala's mother knows more, says missing boy's father

"I'm believing he is alive, and my search for my son will continue until we find him," Solomon Metalwala said during an interview with KING 5's Joyce Taylor.

When asked if he believes someone is hiding Sky for Julia, Solomon said: "That's what I believe."

Prompted by Taylor to speculate who would hide his son, Solomon said: "Possibly somebody who has a good trust in Julia. And I don't know why he would do something like that."

When asked again if he believes someone is hiding Sky for Julia, Solomon replied: "That's one of the scenarios that I have played in my head, because it doesn't make any sense for the car to be opened and for Sky to be disappeared in Bellevue."

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Sky-Metalwalas-mother-knows-more-says-missing-boys-father-135446908.html

My "hopes" are with this father, but I am so jaded that I don't think it is true.   an angelic monkey

My "hopes" too flutter1.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »

A Puyallup man thought he saw Sky Metalwala, the 2-year-old boy missing for several weeks on the Eastside, at the IKEA store in Renton on Nov. 12.

He contacted Renton Police on Nov. 23 to report the possible sighting. He told officers that the child with a couple who spoke either Russian or Ukrainian looked like the missing Sky. The boy was asleep in the stroller; a girl around 6 years old was with the couple, too.

The man told officers he called the tip line set up by the Bellevue Police Department about two days after seeing the couple and child at IKEA. A Bellevue detective told him to ask the Renton Police Department to obtain store security footage from Nov. 12. ::snipping2::

http://www.rentonreporter.com/news/135477888.html

From what I can tell from Google maps, Renton is about 10 miles from Bellevue.   
I am confused as to why a detective would ask a civilian to contact the Renton Police Dept.  Doesn't it make sense that one police dept. would contact another one directly?   
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »

Sky Metalwala's sister reunited with father

http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Sky-Metalwalas-sister-reunited-with-father-135768473.html

Solomon Metalwala was reunited Friday with his four-year-old daughter, Metalwala's attorney confirmed to KING 5.

Maile Metalwala was placed in foster care early last month after her two-year-old brother, Sky Metalwala, was reported missing by their mother, Julia Biryukova.

A court ruled on December 5 that Solomon should have custody of Maile. He had been separated from her for nearly a year as a result of a bitter custody dispute with Biryukova.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »

It's heartwarming to see people volunteering to pass out flyers and work to help get the word out about Sky.   an angelic monkey

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Volunteers-launch-multi-state-search-for-Sky-Metalwala-135993918.html
Volunteers launch dual-state search for Sky Metalwala
by NATALIE SWABY / KING 5 News
December 21, 2011

From Oregon to the Canadian border, Search and Seek volunteers plan to spend the next two days passing out flyers with information about Sky along the I-5 corridor.

"The holiday travel season is definitely a big reason for this," said volunteer Amy Walcott, who started passing out flyers Tuesday night.

At this time, when many people are focused on traveling to family, volunteers just want to bring one back together.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Gresham-volunteers-help-search-for-missing-boy-136000368.html
Flyers posted in Gresham for missing WA boy
December 21, 2011

GRESHAM, Ore. – Volunteers in Gresham are trying to help in the search for a missing Seattle boy by spreading the word about his disappearance and posting flyers.
The volunteers have mostly been focusing on freeway routes stretching from Seattle, south to Portland and Gresham and then on to the Canadian border.
As for the flyers, the volunteers said they were trying to target the busy holiday travel season in their effort to spread the word about the missing boy.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »

http://www.kpax.com/news/volunteers-expand-search-for-missing-washington-boy/
Volunteers expand search for missing Washington boy
December 21, 2011

SEATTLE- The father of missing Bellevue boy Sky Metalwala is expanding the search for his 2-year-old son up and down the state of Washington.

Groups of volunteers will begin driving in all directions across Washington Wednesday making repeated stops to hand out flyers along the way.

Sky's father Solomon Metalwala will join a group in Lacey about 10 a.m. and begin heading to Seattle. Other groups will go from Lacey to Vader, Woodland to Gresham, Oregon and from Seattle to the Canadian border.
The investigation into Sky's disappearance has yielded few leads but Metalwala believes one piece of information could bring his son home.

"We may find one person, just one, who knows something, so we are going out as far as our resources will allow us," Metalwala's lawyer Clay Terry said.

The group of volunteers plan on distributing more than 2,000 flyers Wednesday.

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »

New details emerge in case of missing Bellevue boy

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Detail-emerge-in-case-of-missing-Bellevue-boy-136177553.html

SEATTLE -- Thanks to freshly-obtained investigative reports, new details are emerging about the disappearance of little Sky Metalwala.

The reports contain photos of bruises, a suicide note and disturbing allegations about Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala.
But a source close to the investigation now confirms a neighbor last saw Sky and his sister outside their Redmond apartment on October 15 or 16, some three weeks before the missing person report.

The documents include a suicide note police say Biryukova sent as a text message in March, 2010.

There are also photos of bruises on Sky and his 4-year-old sister that Biryukova blamed on Solomon Metalwala. He was ultimately cleared of the allegations and never charged.

"Well, he passed the polygraph exams, he passed the CPS investigations, and the hospital check-ups proved that there was no abuse. Everything was a lie," said Metalwala's lawyer, Clay Terry.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

Father of missing toddler raises new questions about disappearance

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Father-of-missing-Bellevue-boy-Sky-Metalwala-raises-new-questions-abou-136720338.html

BELLEVUE -- New developments in the search for Sky Metalwala have the boy's father questioning when the toddler actually disappeared and where he is right now.

Sky was reported missing in November when his mother, Julia Birakova, said he was taken from her car, but the boy's father now wonders if his son could have been missing long before that.

Solomon Metalwala began raising questions about when his son was last seen after he recently gained custody of his 4-year-old daughter.

He looked through Sky's medical records, but didn't find a thing. He said he sent inquires to the entire Eastside medical community. Be began tracking back dates, and realized that nobody -- save for one neighbor -- had seen Sky since April, a full seven months before his mother reported him missing.

Solomon Metalwala said Birakova's father visited Seattle from the Ukraine last April, and he now wonders if Sky's grandfather could have taken the boy back with him.

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »

Father asks doctors who treated Sky to come forward

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/father-asks-doctors-who-treated-sky-come-forward/nGGJB/

BELLEVUE, Wash. — The father of missing Redmond boy Sky Metalwala is asking doctors who may have treated his son since May 2011 to come forward in a new push to find the child.

Solomon Metalwala recently gained custody of his daughter and he's been trying to get her medical history, but said he can't find any doctors who have treated her or Sky.

Metalwala said he’s concerned that Sky might have disappeared months before he was reported missing by mother Julia Biryukova in November.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.