March 28, 2024, 06:52:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maine police investigating body found in Lebanon(3 convictions)  (Read 3982 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 22, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »

There was no identification on the young man.  LEBANON — Maine State Police say they are investigating the death of a young man whose body was found alongside a road in Lebanon, about 42 miles southwest of Portland.

Police say a woman walking along Long Swamp Road about 4 p.m. Saturday discovered the body.

There was no identification on him.

State police are reviewing missing persons reports from Maine and other New England states.

An autopsy is scheduled Sunday at the state medical examiner’s office in Augusta.
http://www.centralmaine.com/2014/06/22/maine-police-investigating-body-found-in-lebanon/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/06/22/news/portland/body-found-in-lebanon-prompts-investigation/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:14:29 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/06/22/news/portland/body-found-in-lebanon-prompts-investigation/

Last modified June 22, 2014, at 4:56 p.m.

LEBANON, Maine — The New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office said a young man found dead in Lebanon Saturday afternoon was stabbed to death, and they are now treating the case as a homicide.
snipped
New Hampshire investigators said they got a report from a parent on Saturday that his 18-year-old son was missing from their home in Madbury. They have not said whether they believe this 18-year-old is the victim found in Lebanon Saturday afternoon, and said positive identification will take a few more days.

Police reviewed missing person reports from Maine and other states, and that’s when the case was handed over to the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:47:35 AM »

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/06/23/body-found-in-lebanon-identified/

Posted June 23, 2014

Updated June 23, 2014
Body found in Maine identified as N.H. teenager

The New Hampshire AG's Office identifies the body found stabbed Saturday as 18-year-old Aaron Wilkinson, but reveals nothing else about his death.
MADBURY, N.H. — Authorities confirmed Monday that the person who was found stabbed to death in Lebanon, Maine, on Saturday was the teenager who was reported missing from his home in Madbury that day, but they shed no light on what they believe happened or whether they have identified a suspect.

Aaron Wilkinson, who stopped attending high school last year and worked until a few months ago at a warehouse at the Kittery Trading Post, was an avid skateboarder who frequented the John C. Littlefield Memorial Skate Park in Exeter, New Hampshire.
Prosecutors in New Hampshire would not say when or where Wilkinson was killed, or when he was last seen by his family before he was reported missing Saturday morning.

Prosecutors in New Hampshire would not say when or where Wilkinson was killed, or when he was last seen by his family before he was reported missing Saturday morning.

Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said, “There is a significant investigation that is ongoing, consisting of members of the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office, the New Hampshire State Police, and the Maine State Police.   

“He was a little bit like a rebel child,” said Jessica Snodgrass, recalling that Wilkinson’s mother sometimes called her house when she worried because he hadn’t come home. “I hope they find who did it.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:56:13 AM »

http://www.wmur.com/article/man-convicted-in-madbury-teen-s-murder-sentenced-to-life-in-prison/5207049
Tristan Wolusky insists he didn't kill Aaron Wilkinson

Updated: 5:37 PM EST Dec 23, 2015
Tristan Wolusky, 19, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the 2014 stabbing death of Aaron Wilkinson, 18, of Madbury. Two other suspects, Michael Tatum, 22, and Zachary Pinette, 20, reached a plea deal and testified against Wolusky.

Wilkinson's father, Paul Carroll, asked to speak directly to Wolusky during sentencing, and Wolusky turned to look him in the eye.

"You murdered my son. Paula's son," Carroll said. "That's our story, and that's your story. The three of you showed up there that night. The three of you attacked him. The three of you drove away with his dying body. It's a tough story, but that's your story."

Carroll reiterated the facts of the crime to a convict who still maintains that he is not a killer.

"I did not murder Aaron Wilkinson," Wolusky said.

That defiance in the face of the evidence and a guilty verdict left prosecutors shaking their heads.

"His comments are insulting to the jurors who actually sat on his case and listened intently both to his testimony and all the other evidence in the case," Assistant Attorney General Peter Hinckley said.

Speaking in court, Wilkinson's mother, Paula Wilkinson, remembered her son as kind, funny and sweet.

"I have a huge, gaping hole in my heart," she said.

"He really was a sweet kid," Carroll said after the hearing. "He was easy to like, fun-loving. Definitely a free spirit."

Wolusky's first-degree murder conviction triggered an automatic life sentence without the possibility of parole. His defense continues to assert that he was a follower, not the ringleader, of the murder plot.

"Oh, there's no question we're appealing this," defense attorney Mark Sisti said. "There will be a notice of appeal filed within 30 days."

Wolusky's co-conspirators were convicted of second-degree murder. They are each serving 30-year sentences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man convicted of murder in teen's stabbing seeks to set aside verdict

Defense says other witnesses perjured themselves

Updated: 12:29 PM EDT May 20, 2016
http://www.wmur.com/article/man-convicted-of-murder-in-teen-s-stabbing-seeks-to-set-aside-verdict/5211329

Tristan Wolusky's lawyers said in court Friday that the main witnesses against him lied on the stand, and they're now asking for a chance to prove it.

Wolusky was found guilty of the stabbing death and robbery of Madbury teenager Aaron Wilkinson. During the 15-day trial, two of the main witnesses against Wolusky were Michael Tatum and Zachary Pinette, who both admitted to stabbing Wilkinson.

Wolusky's lawyers said Tatum and Pinette perjured themselves, and they want to bring them back to court.

"We're asking for an actual hearing, and by hearing, we want witnesses, no question about it," defense attorney Mark Sisti said.

The defense said affidavits filed with the court show that the two lied during the trial.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.