April 19, 2024, 03:51:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keystone (Canadian) Oil Pipeline....  (Read 1739 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 15, 2011, 06:32:03 AM »

...the environmentalists who insisted he reject the proposal in order to earn their support in 2012 and labor unions excited at the prospect of jobs.

On Thursday, Obama’s State Department punted a verdict on Keystone until 2013, and while his administration is busy claiming the decision has nothing to do with politics, try telling that to everyone in Washington.

“The people spoke, loudly, and thankfully the president heard,” McKibben said. “A done deal has come spectacularly undone, and TransCanada now has 1,700 miles of pipe rusting on the prairie. Since we get few even partial victories on climate, this is a big day.”

Obama’s other constituency in the fight — labor unions — weren’t celebrating, even though Obama’s decision to delay until 2013 means the project remains on life support for him or a Republican president to resurrect.

Rusting on the prairie?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68114.html

Where o where is America going to get energy to fuel our cars and heat our homes?  Electric?  Doesn't work in cold climates.  Heat?  I'm guessing we don't have enough wind turbines and solar to keep up with demand.

For decades I've read of progressive thinkers that think all growth will come from the south.  Nothing from the north.  Millions of people, trucks, cars, and oil.

Oil from where?  Mexico?  Aren't the Mexican pipeline controlled by drug cartels, bandits, and thieves?
  How reliable will that source be?

Maybe Hugo Chavez?  Hmmm...let me think...in his country people only have electric for a few hours a day...maybe that's want Obama wants for Americans?  Spottly electric, cars that sit rusting on the street for lack of affordable fuel?

Meanwhile, a reliable partner on the north has indicated they'll sell their oil to China.

Why isn't the US doing more drilling and exporting to China too?

The progressive master plan isn't a vision, it's a nightmare.

Open borders, no reliable energy, no food...shame, shame, shame...

On the bright side, no politicians will be affected.  They've become rich on the backs of people they serve, no depression for them, no jobless recovery...just keep borrowing and passing it out to their friends.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:37:28 AM »

A leading House Republican called BS on the Obama administration for punting its decision on the Keystone XL oil pipeline until 2013.

"We asked him to make a decision, not to wait another two years. That's bullsh—,” said former Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton of Texas at a committee forum on natural gas Monday afternoon.

http://nation.foxnews.com/rep-joe-barton/2011/11/14/rep-barton-calls-bullsh-obama-pipeline-punt

I think President Obama did make a decision. He decided against the American people, the % that aren't holding his campaign contributions hostage.

What did the president decide?  $15 a gallon gas.  $15 a gallon home heating oil.

What else?  $6 solar panels that seem affordable.  After all, it's getting expensive for China to keep shipping that cheap stuff over here - they need the fuel at home.  Have to raise prices on Americans.

What about the 1/2 billion of taxpayer money wasted building Solyndra for Obama's $$$ backers?  Hmmm...maybe they'll auction off this new state of the art facility to someone from China and the Chinese will make $6 solar panels here.  The day of the $3 panel is long gone.

Americans paid to build the factory, bankruptcy court gave someone a real good deal on the remains, and the best part?  Americans get to keep paying !!!  Higher gas, heating oil, and solar panels?

A win-win for all of the progressives (and Obama's) friends.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:56:33 AM »

I almost forgot to add. 

Are the existing pipelines from the south being expanded?  Rebuilt bigger? 

More jobs for unions?  Mexicans?  Just pass out work visas and import all your labor needs?

Unions get their dues regardless of citizenship...

No jobs for American workers?  Got get those Americans hungry!!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.