May 30, 2024, 02:15:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police search for missing 1 year- old boy Tyler Dasher in Affton Mo.(Body Found)  (Read 35416 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

Poor baby ..
This egg donor needs to have herself beat to death.

Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »

she struck him in his head REPEATEDLY bc he wouldn't go back to sleep.

I hate her.

How can you look at your own child dying? And knowing you are the cause of that? What was she thinking then and there? 

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »

she struck him in his head REPEATEDLY bc he wouldn't go back to sleep.

I hate her.

How can you look at your own child dying? And knowing you are the cause of that? What was she thinking then and there? 

And then dumping his body and going back home to sleep!  Sick!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:40 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-custody-toddlers-body-found-graveyard/story?id=14966236#.TsRRpPIkSuI
Dead Toddler Tyler Dasher's Mother Told Cops She Beat Him Because He Wouldn't Stop Crying
By EDWARD LOVETT
Nov. 16, 2011

The mother of a dead 1-year-old Missouri boy told police she struck him repeatedly when he wouldn't stop crying or lie down, then dumped his body near a nearby graveyard, St. Louis County, Mo., prosecutor Bob McCulloch said at a news conference this afternoon.

Shelby Dasher, 20, is being charged with second-degree murder, and is being held on a $500,000 cash bond, McCulloch said. She is on suicide watch, he said.

The medical examiner reported the cause of Dasher's son, Tyler Dasher, was multiple blunt force trauma to the head, McCulloch said. No objects seem to have been used, he added.
 ::snipping2::

On Tuesday, Shelby Dasher told officers she overslept that morning, saw Tyler was missing and called the cops, according to the Post-Dispatch.

At approximately 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, people walking their dog found a dead child in a wooded area about one mile from the Dasher home, police said. A county medical examiner confirmed it was Tyler, but did not determine cause of death, police said.

Police said they found no signs of a break-in at the Dasher home, where Shelby lived with her mother and son, the paper added.

Tyler's father, Joe Ellington, lives elsewhere. His parents are his co-guardians because Ellington was judged incapacitated or disabled, the Post-Dispatch said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286142/3/Social-worker-talks-about-how-to-talk-to-kids-about-tragedy
Social worker talks about how to talk to kids about tragedy
5:10 PM, Nov 16, 2011   |   

Tyler's death, the abuse allegations at Penn State, and the baby Lisa case in Kansas City all involve troubling reports involving young children.

It's hard for adults, and it is also hard for children.

Social worker Margie Batek from St. Louis Children's Hospital joined NewsChannel 5 First @ Four.

Click the video player above to watch the interview.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »

Why do people hurt innocent children? Why? Are they not wired properly? Do they not have patience? What makes them crack?

Better yet... What's with the lawyers that defend these scraps of trash? Why? Is it not enough to just have these culprits pay the penalty according to the law? Why do criminal defense attorneys always find they way out of the gutter they live in and find the lowest pieces of scum to defend, all for a game, just to say the won? Really? Where's the justice anymore for the victim? does justice even exist anymore?

I'm starting to think Merriam-Webster needs to change their definition, because in my eyes justice doesn't mean what it used to mean.

Times sure are changing.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2011, 10:35:15 PM »

2nd degree murder. How much ya wanna bet homegirl's out in less than 15? I'm thinking she's out in 10 on good behavior, it's her 1st offense, had baby young, decent family, everybody says she was a good mom, etc.

Our justice system needs an overhaul.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5650000021.htm

Missouri Revised Statutes

Chapter 565
Offenses Against the Person
Section 565.021

August 28, 2010

Second degree murder, penalty.
565.021. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if he:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person; or

(2) Commits or attempts to commit any felony, and, in the perpetration or the attempted perpetration of such felony or in the flight from the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony, another person is killed as a result of the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony or immediate flight from the perpetration of such felony or attempted perpetration of such felony.

2. Murder in the second degree is a class A felony, and the punishment for second degree murder shall be in addition to the punishment for commission of a related felony or attempted felony, other than murder or manslaughter.

3. Notwithstanding section 556.046 and section 565.025, in any charge of murder in the second degree, the jury shall be instructed on, or, in a jury-waived trial, the judge shall consider, any and all of the subdivisions in subsection 1 of this section which are supported by the evidence and requested by one of the parties or the court.

(L. 1983 S.B. 276, A.L. 1984 S.B. 448 § A)
Effective 10-1-84

*No continuity with § 565.021 as repealed by L. 1983 S.B. 276.

CROSS REFERENCE:

No bail, certain defendants, certain offenses, 544.671

(2004) Unborn child is a person for purposes of section. State v. Rollen, 133 S.W.3d 57 (Mo.App.E.D.).
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 10:57:55 PM »

Looks like they rented the home so I done think homeowners can be sued, or am I wrong? Shelby's mom rented the house. Tyler's paternal side if his family saw him weekly. God I can't imagine.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=14965526

Snipped:
Johnny Ellington, whose 24-year-old son, Joe Ellington, is Tyler's father, said he knew little about the investigation beyond what had been reported in the news. He said his family had been questioned by police and that the family advised Joe not to talk to the media.

Johnny Ellington, 65, said his son and Shelby Dasher were never married, and that his family saw Tyler frequently.

"He was just a wonderful baby and beautiful boy," he said.

Neighbors described the area where the Dashers live as quiet, the people close. But several neighbors said they knew little about Shelby Dasher or her son because the Dashers had only moved into their rented home a little over a year ago.

"Everybody here kind of knows each other, but not them," said Rick Angeles, 28, who lives across the street with his wife and 3-year-old son. Angeles said a lot of young people were in and out of the Dasher home frequently but he never saw anything that concerned him.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »

1st offense, confession, gave police info on how it happened - shows cooperation. she probably says she momentarily lost it, didn't mean to hit him, definitely didn't mean to kill him, then his his body bc she was afraid. If she gets 25 years then she's out in 15-18. I'm thinking closer to 10, not quite sure bc the victim is a defenseless little pookie. Poor kiddo. I'm thinking out in 10, maybe less. Time to get a petition going for harsher penalties. Poor baby can't decent himself! What must have gone through his mind? Poor little baby!

http://www.missouri-criminal-defense.com/offenses.htm

Class A Felony    

Maximum Penalty: Death, life imprisonment, imprisonment for 10-30 years.   

Examples of Class A felonies include second degree murder, first degree robbery.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2011, 06:49:17 AM »

1st offense, confession, gave police info on how it happened - shows cooperation. she probably says she momentarily lost it, didn't mean to hit him, definitely didn't mean to kill him, then his his body bc she was afraid. If she gets 25 years then she's out in 15-18. I'm thinking closer to 10, not quite sure bc the victim is a defenseless little pookie. Poor kiddo. I'm thinking out in 10, maybe less. Time to get a petition going for harsher penalties. Poor baby can't decent himself! What must have gone through his mind? Poor little baby!

http://www.missouri-criminal-defense.com/offenses.htm

Class A Felony    

Maximum Penalty: Death, life imprisonment, imprisonment for 10-30 years.   

Examples of Class A felonies include second degree murder, first degree robbery.

I hope she gets the maximum 30 years...
Let BIG Berth at her while she's in jail.
Why didn't they go for 1st degree murder?
Think you might be right a few pages back, a DEAL.  sucks.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2011, 07:37:36 AM »

http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/us/midwest/missouri-mother-charged-with-murdering-toddler-son-nt11-jgr_3991378
Missouri mother charged with murdering toddler son
Dasher was being held on $500,000 cash bond
Updated: Thursday, 17 Nov 2011, 6:23 AM EST
Published : Thursday, 17 Nov 2011, 6:19 AM EST
    JIM SALTER,Associated Press

AFFTON, Mo. (AP) — A suburban St. Louis woman who claimed her 13-month-old son had vanished from his crib was charged Wednesday with murdering him, after prosecutors say she admitted beating him because he wouldn't stop crying.

Shelby Dasher, 20, was arrested less than 16 hours after she reported her son, Tyler, was missing. People walking their dog found Tyler Dasher's body on Tuesday near a cemetery about a mile from his home.

St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch said Dasher admitted to police that she repeatedly hit her son because he was crying and "wouldn't lay down, wouldn't go back to sleep." He said she also told police she disposed of her son's body.

"Raising children can be frustrating. There are a myriad of ways to handle that," McCulloch said. "This isn't one of them."

~ Peter Frampton
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2011, 08:18:30 AM »

Shelby Dasher charged with murder of son, Tyler Dasher

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286130/3/Shelby-Dasher-to-appear-in-court-on-suicide-watch

( with video)

St. Louis County, Mo (KSDK) - Shelby Dasher, the mother who is charged with second-degree murder of her son, Tyler Dasher, will be arraigned in St. Louis County Thursday morning.

Dasher is jailed in St. Louis County and is on suicide watch, according to a spokesperson for the jail.

Tyler's grandmother, who lived in the house with he and Shelby, was at the home, but authorities said she was not aware anything had occurred.

The evidence suggests there was not premeditation, which is why Dasher was charged with second-degree murder, McCulloch said.  The difference between first-degree and second-degree murder charges is the difference between being "cold-blooded" or "hot-blooded," according to McCulloch.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

So just because there was no premeditation she's charged with 2nd degree, what a BS. The article also says that " There was no evidence of any abuse to the child prior to this incident", so ok does it mean that she loved that child dearly, just snapped and killed him? It was no accident, she didn't hit him once or twice, she made sure he was well dead before she stopped.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286130/3/Shelby-Dasher-to-appear-in-court-on-suicide-watch

( with video)

St. Louis County, Mo (KSDK) - Shelby Dasher, the mother who is charged with second-degree murder of her son, Tyler Dasher, will be arraigned in St. Louis County Thursday morning.

Dasher is jailed in St. Louis County and is on suicide watch, according to a spokesperson for the jail.

Tyler's grandmother, who lived in the house with he and Shelby, was at the home, but authorities said she was not aware anything had occurred.

The evidence suggests there was not premeditation, which is why Dasher was charged with second-degree murder, McCulloch said.  The difference between first-degree and second-degree murder charges is the difference between being "cold-blooded" or "hot-blooded," according to McCulloch.

So just because there was no premeditation she's charged with 2nd degree, what a BS. The article also says that " There was no evidence of any abuse to the child prior to this incident", so ok does it mean that she loved that child dearly, just snapped and killed him? It was no accident, she didn't hit him once or twice, she made sure he was well dead before she stopped.

One strike to the head of the child....a reaction (not in my book tho)....but to keep striking....intentional. Just like Casey....1 piece of duct tape, but then 2, 3.....premeditated.   I don't see any difference, really.  Both were committed out of anger.  Hopefully Tyler's mom will receive jail time, with no murder one on the table.   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »

Tupes...again, totally agree with u

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »

suicide watch, wonder if she'll succeed.

suicide is murder, also.

so if she murders herself while the state owns her, will her remains be given back to her family for burial or does the state incinerate them?

omg, i feel terrible for shelby's mother. what must she be thinking right now? jeezu she was in the house when it happened and didn't hear anything. for the rest of her life she'll wonder if there was something she could have done to prevent this. the poor lady will probably never get a decent night's sleep again, every bump in the night will sound like drums banging in her ears.

i'll pray for her and hope she finds peace someday. i sure hope everyone is there for her support because heaven knows she's gonna need to lean on somebody in the months ahead. may peace come godspeed.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »

( with video)

One strike to the head of the child....a reaction (not in my book tho)....but to keep striking....intentional. Just like Casey....1 piece of duct tape, but then 2, 3.....premeditated.   I don't see any difference, really.  Both were committed out of anger.  Hopefully Tyler's mom will receive jail time, with no murder one on the table.   

I agree Tupelo. Premeditation would be in the seconds inbetween the strikes. I believe the 2nd degree was easier to do for a plea that a judge would accept. Remember Casey Anthony was one time given a plea deal in which she'd have gotten out of prison in 10 years, so I wonder if this will end up being the same. If she get's 20 years, how much time is mandatory to serve before she's able to get out on good behavior? Is it 80%? I have no idea how much time she'll get but I'm thinking she's out in 15 or less, probably 10 after good behavior and considering this is her first offense.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »

Pretty sad when your first offense is murder and you only get 10 -15 yrs...what ever happened to life in prison for murdering someone? This killer will only be around 30-35 yrs old when she gets out of jail..she would still be able to procreate..just like the murderer Casey who will end up having another baby..God help that child..hope it is taken away from her the minute it is born..and not with George and Cindy either.  Rant over

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2011, 12:22:20 PM »

Pretty sad when your first offense is murder and you only get 10 -15 yrs...what ever happened to life in prison for murdering someone? This killer will only be around 30-35 yrs old when she gets out of jail..she would still be able to procreate..just like the murderer Casey who will end up having another baby..God help that child..hope it is taken away from her the minute it is born..and not with George and Cindy either.  Rant over

Tell me about it Cookie! Let's just hope & pray she gets the max. At least then we'll know she'll serve close to 20 before she gets out.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »

Tell me about it Cookie! Let's just hope & pray she gets the max. At least then we'll know she'll serve close to 20 before she gets out.

If she's a live at that time....

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.