April 20, 2024, 05:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man Who Stabbed Puppy In Face 5 Times, Sentenced  (Read 951 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 01, 2011, 03:34:13 AM »

(Sorry I don't know how to copy photos, the dog is awesome!)

Matthew Weatherspoon, 19, was arrested by Denver police in late June on suspicion of aggravated animal cruelty after he stabbed 'Diamond,' a five-month-old American Bulldog puppy, in the face five times.

Weatherspoon pleaded guilty Monday to one count of aggravated cruelty to animals, a class 6 felony. He was sentenced to 30 months of supervised mental health probation, 100 hours of community service, $6,800 in restitution, and has been banned from owning any pets during his probation.

::snipping2::
According to KDVR, Neighbors found the puppy wandering near the apartment and rushed it to Alameda East Veterinary Hospital. After a 3 hour surgery, the puppy was placed in an oxygen tent and survived.

Hospital spokeswoman Lauren Immel told 9News that Diamond "is an absolute doll, very sweet."

"We've been in the emergency care business since 1971 and seen almost everything, but you can't help but have a case like this really pull at your heart strings," Immel said.

The press release notes Diamond is living with a medical foster family that has hosted the puppy since her release; she is doing well.

Sister - do you have a link please?  I've seen several articles about this poor dog, but not this particular one.  If you find the link, please post it and I'll add it to this one.  MB
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:34:15 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.