April 25, 2024, 02:52:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #13 1/05/12 - 1/28/12  (Read 295227 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #900 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-judge-belvin-perry-seeks-reelection-20120124,0,3874397.story
Chief Judge Belvin Perry seeks re-election
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
12:12 p.m. EST, January 24, 2012

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry announced today he is seeking re-election this year for a fifth term in his current seat.

Orange and Osceola voters will cast votes for his Circuit Judge Group 3 seat on August 14, along with other judicial posts.

Perry gained national attention last year while he presided over the Casey Anthony murder trial.

But he has held a powerful position within the judicial system covering Orange and Osceola counties for many years.

Fellow judges chose him to serve as Chief Judge for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in 2001. He is serving his eighth term in that position now.
 ::snipping2::
He needs to go.  He was clearly prejudiced again Jeff Ashton and had more than one opportunity to make the defense play by the rules but spent most of his time schooling Bozo on how to be a defense atty.  He pandered to the jury and is as responsible for KC being free as those worms from Pinellas county.  I hope the voters in FLA remember that.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

Has any body read Jeff Ashton's book Imperfect Justice?  Does he make any comments on Judge Perry's handling of the trial?   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #902 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »

Hi Monkeys.
Sometimes people get away with murder even though it is obvious that they are guilty.  Sometimes no one is even arrested.  Between Christmas and New Year's my sister's daughter-in-law's brother was murdered.  Shot in the head while sleeping, or at least while he was in bed.  Everyone thinks the wife and her son planned and executed the murder but so far, no arrests and I doubt there ever will be.  Sometimes it happens.  But in the case of Casey Anthony, there was more than enough evidence to convict her.  But an inattentive and preoccupied jury wanted to go home and go on vacationso they found her not guilty.  OJ Simpson's jury was racially prejudiced (IMO.)  Sometimes it happens.  The system isn't perfect.  And  many say, maybe because they feel they should, "The system worked."  Well, I don't think the system worked at all. IMO It flat-out failed. When presented with overwhelming evidence, the jury should find for the prosecution. But I think there is more here than just a dumb jury.  I think the judge was so pro-Casey that he let Baez get away with enough holes in his presentation that you could drive a Mack truck through them. And it appears to me that she is now violating her probation in several ways, but the probation officer doesn't seem to care.  It seems to me that in some cases, certain probationers should be more closely watched than others, especially those who have murdered a child and not been convicted of it. Is anyone watching Casey Anthony?

I don't know.  Maybe people just don't do their jobs anymore. 

Good morning Monkeys
 I just wanted to give a bit of MHO here if that's ok.  I truly don't think anything about the OJ trial was racially motivated.  I think the whole world no matter the race was in awe as they were in this case. 
 As for Judge Perry I know we all have opinions on that also.  I think sadly he was like anything else or anyone else that has touched this case.  I think he tried to be sure (never thinking she wouldn't be convicted) that there would not be anyway for them to have appeals go through later down the road and now sadly like anyone else I'm sure it will and has come back to haunt him. 
 Our system is so not perfect.  This happens all the time very sadly for both party's.  Sometimes people get sent away and loose their lives that didn't even do it because of the same injustice that happened with the jury on this trial. 
 I alway try to think he has a reason for everything.  Lord knows we cant understand this one yet no more than the other pages full of missing loved ones we have here.  I do think though in my heart that saying something as simple as OJ was because of Race and this was because of a Judge doesnt fix the broken system.  I see sometimes the story's of people whos lives were ruined because they didnt do some thing.  Karma has a way and so does God.  We will all make sure Casey and the Anthonys have no peace and that is all we can do now. 
 Oh my sorry to ramble how unlike me
Hope this came out right just some thoughts i had.  Since the accident I don't put the words together right sometimes. Thank goodness for spell check!

Never Give Up!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: January 24, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/01/belvin-perry-jr-seeks-re-election-will-casey-anthony-be-issue.html
Belvin Perry Jr. seeks re-election; will Casey Anthony be an issue?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on January, 24 2012 1:45 PM
Discuss This: Comments(5)

The news that Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. will seek re-election prompted this fierce reply from a reader: “He’s obviously looking to set more GUILTY FREE.”

The reader was commenting on the Casey Anthony trial, which gave Perry national visibility.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Greg Warmoth noted today that Perry is seeking re-election as circuit judge of Orange and Osceola counties in August. Perry is in his eighth term as chief judge for the 9th Judicial Circuit, Warmoth added.

Now we’ll see how the Anthony trial will affect government. In July, a jury acquitted Anthony of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: January 24, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »

Hi Monkeys.
Sometimes people get away with murder even though it is obvious that they are guilty.  Sometimes no one is even arrested.  Between Christmas and New Year's my sister's daughter-in-law's brother was murdered.  Shot in the head while sleeping, or at least while he was in bed.  Everyone thinks the wife and her son planned and executed the murder but so far, no arrests and I doubt there ever will be.  Sometimes it happens.  But in the case of Casey Anthony, there was more than enough evidence to convict her.  But an inattentive and preoccupied jury wanted to go home and go on vacationso they found her not guilty.  OJ Simpson's jury was racially prejudiced (IMO.)  Sometimes it happens.  The system isn't perfect.  And  many say, maybe because they feel they should, "The system worked."  Well, I don't think the system worked at all. IMO It flat-out failed. When presented with overwhelming evidence, the jury should find for the prosecution. But I think there is more here than just a dumb jury.  I think the judge was so pro-Casey that he let Baez get away with enough holes in his presentation that you could drive a Mack truck through them. And it appears to me that she is now violating her probation in several ways, but the probation officer doesn't seem to care.  It seems to me that in some cases, certain probationers should be more closely watched than others, especially those who have murdered a child and not been convicted of it. Is anyone watching Casey Anthony?

Good morning Monkeys
 I just wanted to give a bit of MHO here if that's ok.  I truly don't think anything about the OJ trial was racially motivated.  I think the whole world no matter the race was in awe as they were in this case. 
 As for Judge Perry I know we all have opinions on that also.  I think sadly he was like anything else or anyone else that has touched this case.  I think he tried to be sure (never thinking she wouldn't be convicted) that there would not be anyway for them to have appeals go through later down the road and now sadly like anyone else I'm sure it will and has come back to haunt him. 
 Our system is so not perfect.  This happens all the time very sadly for both party's.  Sometimes people get sent away and loose their lives that didn't even do it because of the same injustice that happened with the jury on this trial. 
 I alway try to think he has a reason for everything.  Lord knows we cant understand this one yet no more than the other pages full of missing loved ones we have here.  I do think though in my heart that saying something as simple as OJ was because of Race and this was because of a Judge doesnt fix the broken system.  I see sometimes the story's of people whos lives were ruined because they didnt do some thing.  Karma has a way and so does God.  We will all make sure Casey and the Anthonys have no peace and that is all we can do now. 
Hope this came out right just some thoughts i had.  Since the accident I don't put the words together right sometimes. Thank goodness for spell check!

Grn Lizard--I don't mean to argue with you but please note I mentioned several reasons, IMO, that Casey Anthony was found not guilty.  Not just the judge, although, IMO he was certainly a part of it.  I don't understand your statement that people were in "Awe" of the case.  In "Awe" of whom?  As far as OJ Simpson, I don't think the world was in awe.  Certainly I wasn't.  I didn't even know who he was before he killed his wife.  There was one Caucasian woman on the jury and she stated that she was intimated and frightened by the other jurors, who were African-American.  I do think they were probably great fans of Simpson. Sorry about your accident.  I don't know anything about it, but wish you well.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: January 24, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »

Hi Babybear... didnt quote so it wouldnt get to long. I dont know that I would say argue just stating opinions I thought is all.  I
  What I meant by in awe was that he got off.  I say this because In my job I have traveled the country and actually have very wonderful close friends of every color and we have had that very talk about the OJ trial at length.  I can promise you as many as you think of coor that might have wanted him to get off wanted him in the chair if not more!  You would probably be shocked!  And I guess I dont use words like Caucasian because I truly dont see color.  I cant help but wonder about the trials that happened when the person was of color and was wrongly convicted before we had DNA.
 I do know you have many reasons and we all do as to why this went as it did.  I only responded cause it seemed your main one in this post was about JP and that's ok too.  I was just giving my thoughts.  That's why I love it here and have since the day this forum started!  We can give our thoughts and brain storm.  Again I don't post much but I do believe or not do thing behind the senses for my own reasons and am always here watching what a WONDERFUL job the Monkeys do in their research and prayers and caring!
 I'm sorry for your family's loss on the holidays and hope they find justice and or peace with that.  And ty all Monks for your well wishes about the accident

Never Give Up!

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #906 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

Crude... I didn't mean for that last post to sound like I thought the Jury wasnt full o-crude!    I was just trying to say originally I know the system is so im perfect and that I would like to hope that justice will be served even if its a slow process.  Wasnt tryin to even argue OJ trial just that the world was shocked by that and it has all come around in that to in some ways.  I should shush my thoughts arent coming out right

Never Give Up!

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: January 24, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

See that should have been Crud not crude Im going back to the rafters Im better there.

Never Give Up!

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »

Hi Monkeys.

Good morning Monkeys

Grn Lizard--I don't mean to argue with you but please note I mentioned several reasons, IMO, that Casey Anthony was found not guilty.  Not just the judge, although, IMO he was certainly a part of it.  I don't understand your statement that people were in "Awe" of the case.  In "Awe" of whom?  As far as OJ Simpson, I don't think the world was in awe.  Certainly I wasn't.  I didn't even know who he was before he killed his wife.  There was one Caucasian woman on the jury and she stated that she was intimated and frightened by the other jurors, who were African-American.  I do think they were probably great fans of Simpson. Sorry about your accident.  I don't know anything about it, but wish you well.

Baby bear
you are so right!
the jury did not want to be there another day.. they had one juror who had a cruise scheduled for the next day. They didn't ask to see evidence.. they didn't ask any questions. They had their mind made up. The judge over-indulged them by sending them to many good places to eat and  more or less catered to them.. the jury failed caylee for their own selfish needs. I will never believe different.

Loca
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: January 24, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »

Hi Monkeys.

Good morning Monkeys

Baby bear
you are so right!
the jury did not want to be there another day.. they had one juror who had a cruise scheduled for the next day. They didn't ask to see evidence.. they didn't ask any questions. They had their mind made up. The judge over-indulged them by sending them to many good places to eat and  more or less catered to them.. the jury failed caylee for their own selfish needs. I will never believe different.

Hi loca--It was a poor excuse for a jury and IMO a poor excuse for a judge.  I think the jury stayed in luxury and ate food that they never experienced before--all courtesy of FL taxpayers who are struggling as many are to put food on their own tables.  It was as if the judge thought his primary job was to make the jury happy.  I don't think that should have been a consideration.  Adequate normal housing and food should have been the order of the day.  And his sneaky little "I have a surprise for you," to the jury was quite annoying to me. One of the things which most annoyed me was the petting and hugging and cosying up to Casey when the jury was present.  Although the prosecution objected to it, the judge overruled that and let it continue.  And IMO in one of the pics of the judge looking out the door at Casey gave me the impression he'd like to do that himself. And while we didn't know the judge's history prior to the trial, at least I didn't, we now know that he seems to not confine his interests in the court house to the trial at hand. And I believe that the County settled the lawsuit filed by his little blonde cookie. (Sorry again, our Cookie.  I just like to say that.) The whole thing, IMO was a travesty of justice.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: January 24, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »

Hi Babybear... didnt quote so it wouldnt get to long. I dont know that I would say argue just stating opinions I thought is all.  I
  What I meant by in awe was that he got off.  I say this because In my job I have traveled the country and actually have very wonderful close friends of every color and we have had that very talk about the OJ trial at length.  I can promise you as many as you think of coor that might have wanted him to get off wanted him in the chair if not more!  You would probably be shocked!  And I guess I dont use words like Caucasian because I truly dont see color.  I cant help but wonder about the trials that happened when the person was of color and was wrongly convicted before we had DNA.
 I do know you have many reasons and we all do as to why this went as it did.  I only responded cause it seemed your main one in this post was about JP and that's ok too.  I was just giving my thoughts.  That's why I love it here and have since the day this forum started!  We can give our thoughts and brain storm.  Again I don't post much but I do believe or not do thing behind the senses for my own reasons and am always here watching what a WONDERFUL job the Monkeys do in their research and prayers and caring!
 I'm sorry for your family's loss on the holidays and hope they find justice and or peace with that.  And ty all Monks for your well wishes about the accident

I do quite a bit of traveling myself, both in this country, the Carribean and in Europe.  I have friends who would send me newspapers from England about the Anthony trial.  When the OJ trial was going on I happened to be in England for some of it and one of my prerequisites for a hotel was that they have Sky News so I could watch the trial at night--because of the time difference I lost a lot of sleep watching.  Sometimes I would sit in the lounge or bar and discuss it with locals as it was happening so I am not totally without some impression of what others thought and think about it.  I was in Spain and England later after the OJ trial and without exception that I can remember, everyone I spoke to had the same impression as I, as has everyone with whom I have spoken about it here in the US. I suppose we must speak to totally different groups of people who have completely divergent ideas.

Thank you for the condolences for the family member.  I really didn't know him well as he lived in another state, but I am very fond of my nephew's wife and she is grieving tremendously, as is the rest of her family. 

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: January 24, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Hi Monkeys.

Good morning Monkeys

Baby bear
you are so right!

Hi loca--It was a poor excuse for a jury and IMO a poor excuse for a judge.  I think the jury stayed in luxury and ate food that they never experienced before--all courtesy of FL taxpayers who are struggling as many are to put food on their own tables.  It was as if the judge thought his primary job was to make the jury happy.  I don't think that should have been a consideration.  Adequate normal housing and food should have been the order of the day.  And his sneaky little "I have a surprise for you," to the jury was quite annoying to me. One of the things which most annoyed me was the petting and hugging and cosying up to Casey when the jury was present.  Although the prosecution objected to it, the judge overruled that and let it continue.  And IMO in one of the pics of the judge looking out the door at Casey gave me the impression he'd like to do that himself. And while we didn't know the judge's history prior to the trial, at least I didn't, we now know that he seems to not confine his interests in the court house to the trial at hand. And I believe that the County settled the lawsuit filed by his little blonde cookie. (Sorry again, our Cookie.  I just like to say that.) The whole thing, IMO was a travesty of justice.

Babybear
you said it! everything you say is right on! I think the judge allowed to many things to happen in this trial. He failed caylee just as well.. I felt like the prosecution was mistreated and not so liked by the judge. All them dinners and spoiling of the jury! was not necessary. They werent there to have fun! this was a very serious matter!! everything you just said... lines up to what realy happened in this dispicable travesty of justice by every single juror!!
they disgust me!! the judge allowed baez and mason to coddle the wench!  they got away with so much .. I can only pray that karma settles the score.

Loca
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »

did anyone see on Jeff Ashton's fb account that he is asking for donations to fund his run for office? not sure how I feel about that..
he is making money from his book, he has a job and surely he has backers right? on the other hand, his opponent supposedly has lots of money..
what say the rest of you on this?

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: January 25, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »

did anyone see on Jeff Ashton's fb account that he is asking for donations to fund his run for office? not sure how I feel about that..
he is making money from his book, he has a job and surely he has backers right? on the other hand, his opponent supposedly has lots of money..
Everybody has to ask,the cost of running for anthing is rediculous.
  Obama 2012 Campaign Solicits Donations 2 Hours Prior to SOTU

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-2012-campaign-solicits-donations-2-hours-prior-sotu
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: January 25, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »

Everybody has to ask,the cost of running for anthing is rediculous.
  Obama 2012 Campaign Solicits Donations 2 Hours Prior to SOTU

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-2012-campaign-solicits-donations-2-hours-prior-sotu

I suppose that you are correct..
best of luck to Jeff!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: January 25, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57365996/ky-lawmakers-propose-caylees-law/
Kentucky lawmakers propose "Caylee's law"
January 25, 2012

AP)

FRANKFORT, Ky. - A proposal by two eastern Kentucky lawmakers would make it a felony not to report the disappearance of a child 12 or younger within 12 hours.

The bill is called "Caylee's law" for a 2-year-old Florida girl who died in 2008. Her disappearance was highly publicized through the Casey Anthony trial. Anthony, the mother of Caylee, did not report the toddler's disappearance for at least one month. The child's body was found in Dec. 2008, six months after her mother said she was kidnapped by a what was determined to be fictitious babysitter in June 2008.
Democratic Reps. Richard Henderson of Jeffersonville and Keith Hall of Phelps said it would give prosecutors another tool to help police and prosecutors.

Republican Rep. Stan Lee of Lexington and Ernie Lewis, legislative agent for the Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, raised questions about the wording of the bill at a House Judiciary Committee meeting Wednesday.
Hall and Henderson said they would be willing to work with Lewis and others to strengthen the legislation and expect to reintroduce it next week.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: January 25, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »

I don't know anything about this site, I just happened to come across this.  Take it with a grain of salt...

http://nomoneyformurder.com/?p=177

CINDY IS PAYING CASEY VIA DR PHIL – CONFIRMED!
Uncategorized   Published 01/25/2012 at 9:53 am 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-appeal-delays-20120125,0,57464.story
Casey Anthony: Appeal's delays let her keep mum in civil cases

5:19 p.m. EST, January 25, 2012
More than six months after Casey Anthony's attorneys filed notice they intend to appeal her criminal convictions, they have yet to submit an initial brief laying out the substance of her legal challenge.

While her criminal appeal moves at a seemingly glacial pace, civil suits filed against Anthony progress through the circuit court here in Orlando. One of the three is set for trial in April.

5:19 p.m. EST, January 25, 2012
More than six months after Casey Anthony's attorneys filed notice they intend to appeal her criminal convictions, they have yet to submit an initial brief laying out the substance of her legal challenge.

While her criminal appeal moves at a seemingly glacial pace, civil suits filed against Anthony progress through the circuit court here in Orlando. One of the three is set for trial in April.

'It's a long delay'

Assistant Attorney General Wesley Heidt, who is handling the appeal for the state, said "it's a long delay, but not extraordinarily so," considering the volume of paperwork.

Heidt said he suspects Anthony's legal challenges may involve double-jeopardy issues and questions of whether law enforcement properly advised Anthony of her Miranda rights early on in the case. But all of that, he said, is speculation "until I get a brief in hand." And while the appeal is ongoing, "she has a right not to incriminate herself."

As for the attorneys defending her civil suits, Heidt added, "it does give them cover."

Time extensions requested by Anthony's defense and granted by the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach have prolonged the case, according to the file. But the appellate court has also signaled the need for Anthony's defense team to move the process along.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: January 25, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »

http://www.wdrb.com/story/16600483/pros-and-cons-of-caylees-law-debated
Pros and cons of "Caylee's Bill" debated
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 3:13 PM CST Updated: Jan 25, 2012 3:56 PM CST

Video at link.
LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- Caylee Anthony was the Florida toddler at the center of one of the most talked about murder cases of our time.  She is also the inspiration behind a proposed Kentucky law, but critics say it could hurt more people than it helps.

The co-sponsors of the bill are selling it by saying if Casey Anthony were to have been tried in Kentucky, this new piece of legislation would have made sure that she was in prison now.

Rep. Keith Hall (D), of Phelps, Ky. says, "We felt it would be best to call it that and it would make everybody aware that we've got to prevent these disappearances of our children."

It would be called "Caylee's Law," named after the little girl whose tragic story most of America knows too well.  Caylee wasn't reported missing until about a month after she was last seen by her grandmother.

The Kentucky bill would make it a Class D felony for a parent or guardian to wait 12 hours or longer to report a child 12 or younger missing.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: January 25, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »

I don't know anything about this site, I just happened to come across this.  Take it with a grain of salt...

http://nomoneyformurder.com/?p=177

CINDY IS PAYING CASEY VIA DR PHIL – CONFIRMED!
Uncategorized   Published 01/25/2012 at 9:53 am 
I don't doubt it for a minute. 
Listen to what Mark Furhman said about Dr.Doofus and the Lisa Irwin case.
http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=1414167479001&w=448&h=252

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.