March 28, 2024, 05:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing with the Stars - Season 14 - Donald Driver Mirror Ball Trophy Winner  (Read 144908 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

‘Dancing With the Stars’ premiere: Donald Driver, Katherine Jenkins and co. judged by our own panel of pro-dancers

Did Carrie Ann, Bruno and Len get their scores right? Our dance experts give their two cents

By Eva Carrozza, Mariana Parma And Ney Melo / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

You know how “Dancing With the Stars” judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Len Goodman rated the new batch of contestants Monday night.

But did they get it right?

With the help of some of the best-skilled dance pros in the city, each week we judge this season's stars solely on how they perform on the dance floor.

RELATED: 'DWTS' PREMIERE RECAP

Maria Menounos & Derek Hough, Cha Cha Cha: 21 from the on-air judges

Ney Melo: Score: 8 out of 10. What an impressive start, both for this season of “Dancing With the Stars” and for the Maria and Derek partnership. Maria Menounos is the only female contestant that could go all the way. She has a blend of elegance and sensuality that is key to being a finalist on "DWTS." She also has Derek Hough as a partner and everyone knows that, aside from being a patient teacher, he is also a great choreographer who is able to create routines that are well suited to his partners' abilities. This is a couple to watch.

Mariana Parma: Not bad for her first dance. Derek did a great job in showing her off. She lacked the Latin motion; she barely had any flexion in her knees which is a must for Cha Cha. I give her a 5.

Eva Carrozza: Nice chemistry in the couple and definitely dancing first is the most challenging spot (to be in). The judges are always conservative in the scoring, but here I would agree and give them a 7.

::snipping2::
Read More:  http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/dancing-stars-premiere-donald-driver-katherine-jenkins-judged-panel-pro-dancers-article-1.1047440
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

Wow, don't tell me that's Urkel  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »

Lol...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »

Sherri had so much fun.  She apologized for criticizing everyone over the years  

Oh gosh, I wish I watched this earlier.  I am smiling so hard my face hurts.  Boy, I needed that!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:34:16 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »

The only thing I see when I see Melissa Gilbert are teeth and hair  Monkey Devil!

I couldn't help wonder if she smokes or if she has a naturally smokey voice.  I hope she finds her 'happy spot.'  I am sorry things have not been going well for her.  Who knows, her and Maks...?  I don't think so, but I really think he will help lighten her up.  He really seems to like her.  She likes him and he likes him, too.  lol  Love me some Maks!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:42:09 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

Sherri`s little boy was in the audience.  I love to see the children of the dancers.

You and me both.  It keeps things in perspective and also lets the children know that Mommy or Daddy is more than just Mommy and Daddy.  I heard that Brad and Angelina don't let their children know 'who' they are.  I have mixed feelings about that, but their children certainly seem to be happy.  They have to know something is up, there are not that many people they bump into with such an entourage of people around them.  They have their own little community and they know who Mom and Dad are in that community.  I hope they realize how much their parents give of themselves to others, but I also think their children should know how much they give to themselves, too.

I am not a Brangelia watcher and didn't mean to make them an example, they just popped into my head.  I am always trying to find the right balance.  For each family/person, I would think, that balance is different.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:36:46 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »

I'm waiting for Urkel

You and me both, San.  I love seeing his face in the background when they are showing the others.  Looking forward to see the real man behind the Urkel Machine.  Glimpses of him are hinting at a charming gentleman and I can't wait for more!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

Looks as if Melissa has had a little facework done!

Most of them do, I reckon - sooner or later!

Part of their business is marketing themselves. They try to show a 'perfect' product in some cases.  God made them all perfect, after all they are made in God's image.  I wish we looked at people differently, but we don't.  In this day of Photoshop and air brushing, many people expect actors and actresses (along with many others) to look Photoshopped/air brushed in real life.  It certainly has not done the world any favors in that respect.

batman

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:44:42 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »

Martina has a ways to go.  I think she will improve.  Thought she looked beautiful and she`s always so honest!

Definitely a girl crush!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »

Gladys was great, loved the audience applause

Gladys has got it going on!  Love her!     How can you not smile with her around?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »

Jaleel is a master of physical comedy.  I had no doubt that talent was going to help him.  The timing of that is so much harder than it looks.  I wonder how John Ritter would have done on the show?  My heart goes out to John's family and loved ones once again.  

Jaleel, you were awesome.  I can't wait to play it over and over, and to see you dance again and again in the weeks to come!  

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:48:04 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »

Wow, don't tell me that's Urkel  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

Sherri`s little boy was in the audience.  I love to see the children of the dancers.

You and me both.  It keeps things in perspective and also lets the children know that Mommy or Daddy is more than just Mommy and Daddy.  I heard that Brad and Angelina don't let their children know 'who' they are.  I have mixed feelings about that, but their children certainly seem to be happy.  They have to know something is up, there are not that many people they bump into with such an entourage of people around them.  They have their own little community and they know who Mom and Dad are in that community.  I hope they realize how much their parents give of themselves to others, but I also think their children should know how much they give to themselves, too.

I am not a Brangelia watcher and didn't mean to make them an example, they just popped into my head.  I am always trying to find the right balance.  For each family/person, I would think, that balance is different.

Always difficult I imagine, for people of Brad and Angelina's stature.
I always thought Princess Diana did a good job of allowing her kids to get out and experience life in the real world.  She snuck them out to McDonalds for instance.  Gave them a few pennies for their allowance and took them to a candy shop to teach them the value of money and to make choices in spending it.  All in disguise.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

Martina has a ways to go.  I think she will improve.  Thought she looked beautiful and she`s always so honest!

Definitely a girl crush!

Hope she progresses in her dance half as well as she played tennis.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »

Great first dance! This kid is sooooooooo good!

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »

I agree.  He was really good.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »

Always difficult I imagine, for people of Brad and Angelina's stature.
I always thought Princess Diana did a good job of allowing her kids to get out and experience life in the real world.  She snuck them out to McDonalds for instance.  Gave them a few pennies for their allowance and took them to a candy shop to teach them the value of money and to make choices in spending it.  All in disguise.

That was some trick!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »

Great first dance! This kid is sooooooooo good!

9-8-9

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »

Learn how to pick me up Val
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »

Sherry did great too! This is going to be a hard competition this season! Love it!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.