March 29, 2024, 09:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jorelys Rivera, 7 yrs old, msg 12/2/11, Canton, GA(Body Found)  (Read 62340 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »

I don't know if he is the guilty perp or not but he sure fits the bill. And YIKES is right!! What a degenerate POS. The thing is the wife has a daughter living in the same house with him? WTH is up with that?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

Missing 7-year-old's body found in Dumpster

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/crews-intensify-search-missing-girl/nFs6d/

CANTON, Ga. —
 ::snipping2::
Authorities pledged to find the killer of a 7-year-old Canton girl who was found dead in a dumpster after an exhaustive two day search.

Keenan said the GBI is not focusing on any one person. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday night, and police planned a public briefing on Tuesday morning.

“The abduction occurred at the apartment complex. We also believe the murder occurred at the apartment complex. Evidence, thus far, points to that,” Keenan said.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »

Interesting.  I looked up sex offenders in Canton and no one came up as living in the apartment complex.  Good work.

Many apartment complexes do background checks and if you are a felon or a sex offender, for example, they might not lease to you.  However, as we've seen in some cases in the past, sex offenders can be relatives, boy friends and etc.  They may not be on the lease, but they might be staying or visiting.  Also, gated complexes aren't as secure as they may seem.  A person without a gate code can follow another through the gate, or they can be allowed in as a guest.  Also, there are others that have access such as pizza delivery and etc.

In the State of Michigan we have a hard time telling them no to rentals. We have groups here that will take us to court if we tell them that is why we are not renting to them. So I do the backdoor and run them through many data bases (including facebook to see what their friends look like) and then tell them that the place has been rented even if it is not true. But it does keep the ACLU off our back. Sad we have to do that to protect the kids and others in our complexes.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »

Well, crap.  This Pittman creep is from hubby's hometown and hubby has some distant Pittman relatives.  I pray this one isn't one of them.  Yikes.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »

Nancy Grace is talking about Jorelys now.

o/t...Nancy sure is looking good!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:32 PM »

Interesting.  I looked up sex offenders in Canton and no one came up as living in the apartment complex.  Good work.

Many apartment complexes do background checks and if you are a felon or a sex offender, for example, they might not lease to you.  However, as we've seen in some cases in the past, sex offenders can be relatives, boy friends and etc.  They may not be on the lease, but they might be staying or visiting.  Also, gated complexes aren't as secure as they may seem.  A person without a gate code can follow another through the gate, or they can be allowed in as a guest.  Also, there are others that have access such as pizza delivery and etc.

In the State of Michigan we have a hard time telling them no to rentals. We have groups here that will take us to court if we tell them that is why we are not renting to them. So I do the backdoor and run them through many data bases (including facebook to see what their friends look like) and then tell them that the place has been rented even if it is not true. But it does keep the ACLU off our back. Sad we have to do that to protect the kids and others in our complexes.

Fortunately, I'm in the State of Texas and I can and will reject sex offenders.  
http://www.rentgrow.com/uploadDocs/AAA_Oct_2011_Using_Sex_Offender_Records.pdf

My Mom lives in a small resort community that is for seniors only. Even though it's all adult, they do not allow any registered sex offenders to live there, because some of the residents have grand children that come visit. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:10:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »

http://www.ganet.org/georgia/eastman-sex-offenders

James Frizzell Pittman   5727 6th Ave   Eastman   GA   31023   38   Male   White

Information current as of 31-MAR-2011 via the Geogia Bureau of Investigation website.

hmmm...I wonder just how long Pittman has lived in the apt above Jorelys?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2011, 08:26:41 PM »

http://www.wilcoxcountyso.com/sexoffender.htm
NAME:   JAMES FRIZZELL   PITTMAN       RACE:   W
SEX:   M       YEAR OF BIRTH:   1972
HEIGHT:   5'10"       WEIGHT:   170 POUNDS
HAIR COLOR:   BLN       EYE COLOR:   BLU
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOOS:   NONE       INCARCERATED:   YES
ADDRESS:     ***INCARCERATED***       COUNTY:     Wilcox
CITY:     ABBEVILLE   STATE:   GA       RESIDENCE VERIFICATION DATE:   02/23/2009
ZIP:   31001       CRIME:   STATUTORY RAPE
CONVICTION DATE:   05/23/2001       CONVICTION STATE:   GA
REGISTRATION DATE:   05/31/2001       ABSCONDER/PREDATOR:   NO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/unsolved-killing-of-7-1251970.html
Unsolved killing of 7-year-old girl grips Canton
December 5, 2011
Hours after Jorelys' body was found, her Cherokee County neighbors and friends held a candlelight vigil Monday night in her honor at the same playground where she was last seen.

A Facebook page called "Light Up Canton for Jorelys" also was created Monday and encouraged people in the community to leave porch lights on to honor the slain girl.

"Let's show this family that we care," the Facebook page states, "and let's show this killer that we are all united until he is hunted down and brought to justice."
Daniel McFarland said he was in the complex about 7 Friday evening visiting his mother. By then, family members and neighbors were already looking for the girl, he said. He told police he saw a white Honda running near the playground Friday evening for about an hour, but no one was inside.

He said Monday that he isn't sure whether the vehicle is a clue, but he wanted to make sure he informed police. "It's very, very disturbing," he said.

Lt. Jeff Hall of the Canton Police Department said Jorelys' mother was inside while the child played outside, but a teenager was supposed to have been watching the girl. Investigators said the Rivera family has cooperated with police. Law enforcement has asked anyone with any information to report it to police. The GBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction.

"What we need," Canton Police Chief Jeff Lance said, "is help from the public."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/atlanta/guestbook.aspx?n=jorelys-rivera&pid=154913398&page=9
Jorelys Rivera
 an angelic monkey

pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »

Rest In Peace little baby  an angelic monkey

So sad to read this.

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/crews-intensify-search-missing-girl/nFs6d/
Just after nightfall Monday, residents of the River Ridge apartment complex gathered for a candelight vigil in honor for the 7-year-old who was found dead just hours before.

Canton police spokesman Jeff Hall said the girl’s body was found when authorities followed up on leads involving a Dumpster at the apartment complex where the girl was last seen. Police took the Dumpster to a barren field across the street, emptied it, and discovered Rivera’s body a short time later.

Channel 2’s Ross Cavitt said GBI agents thoroughly searched a garage and the area surrounding the dumpster.

“The abduction occurred at the apartment complex. We also believe the murder occurred at the apartment complex. Evidence, thus far, points to that,” Keenan said.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »

http://canton.11alive.com/news/news/92865-canton-police-seek-clues-suspect-murder-jorelys-rivera
One River Ridge resident told 11Alive News' Jerry Carnes that investigators asked her questions about a teenage boy.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »

http://cherokeetribune.com/view/full_story/16656165/article-Police-hunt-for-7-year-old-s-killer?instance=home_news_left

Police hunt for 7-year-old's killer
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, the employer of Jorelys’ mother, has created a Jorelys Rivera Memorial Fund “to help the family address its needs and cope with this sad even,” said Pilgrim’s Pride spokeswoman Margaret McDonald.

Anyone wishing to donate can contact United Community Bank in Canton at (770) 479-6700.

An award has been set up by the Cherokee Sheriff’s Office for information leading up to the capture and conviction of the suspect.

Jorelys’ body was found around lunch time in a Dumpster originally located in the front part of the complex.

Bankhead said the GBI wouldn’t go into details about the condition of the body.

“We are dealing with guilty knowledge,” Bankhead said, noting only law enforcement and the suspect know specific details about the case.

hmm....so, who saw someone throwing out garbage that afternoon?

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »

December 5, 2011
Hours after Jorelys' body was found, her Cherokee County neighbors and friends held a candlelight vigil Monday night in her honor at the same playground where she was last seen.

A Facebook page called "Light Up Canton for Jorelys" also was created Monday and encouraged people in the community to leave porch lights on to honor the slain girl.

"Let's show this family that we care," the Facebook page states, "and let's show this killer that we are all united until he is hunted down and brought to justice."
Daniel McFarland said he was in the complex about 7 Friday evening visiting his mother. By then, family members and neighbors were already looking for the girl, he said. He told police he saw a white Honda running near the playground Friday evening for about an hour, but no one was inside.

He said Monday that he isn't sure whether the vehicle is a clue, but he wanted to make sure he informed police. "It's very, very disturbing," he said.

Lt. Jeff Hall of the Canton Police Department said Jorelys' mother was inside while the child played outside, but a teenager was supposed to have been watching the girl. Investigators said the Rivera family has cooperated with police. Law enforcement has asked anyone with any information to report it to police. The GBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction.

BBM
WTH? Mom wasn't out of town but was there the whole time? Geez, I guess the rumors of her letting them run wild were true. I don't mean to come down on a victims Mother, but damn did she just become a mother yesterday? She needs a translator and doesn't speak english, is she even here legally?

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2011, 03:16:17 AM »

http://canton.11alive.com/photo-gallery/93102-timeline-murder-jorelys-rivera
TIMELINE: The murder of Jorelys Rivera

Submitted by Michael H. King, Digital Executive Producer
December 5, 2011

Photo-gallery -13 photos at above link.

Picture number six taken early Saturday morning, I count at least 22 investigators standing around, many of them drinking coffee.  I wonder if Jorelys was still alive inside one of those apts at that time? 

What's wrong with a door to door search within hours of the abduction, or sooner if possible?

Then I believe image number ten is taken later that evening and again, countless investigators standing around the command post.  What are they waiting for?  Go find the child.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 04:16:58 AM »

Single mom of three, works the night shift, the bio dad lives in FL, and she has worked out babysitting arrangements with a teenager.

I was a single mother of one infant child for only a year and it was so difficult to balance a job, college, and a baby.  I even had the support of my father and sister and it was still really hard.

Someone knew these kids were unattended often and was watching and waiting.  I just feel awful for this poor mother trying to make it work all by herself. 

The whole damn thing is a mess, the apartment complex, the Canton community, the pedos and predators, single mothers with no support from the fathers, divorce and rampant breeding, and LE no longer having as their motto 'To Serve and Protect', plus laws that aren't modern enough to really serve the public in a meaningful and proactive way.

In a better, not even perfect just better, world this would not happen.

Pardon my rant, I'm just really sad for this little girl and her family.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »

December 5, 2011

BBM
WTH? Mom wasn't out of town but was there the whole time? Geez, I guess the rumors of her letting them run wild were true. I don't mean to come down on a victims Mother, but damn did she just become a mother yesterday? She needs a translator and doesn't speak english, is she even here legally?
Monkeys,  I need to apologize for my comment about Jorelys mother being legally in the US. My comment was insensitive and her immigration status has nothing to do with this. I went to bed last night thinking about what I said and realized I was being way to judgmental. I was just frustrated that she may have been in the house this whole time while this baby was being killed. My apologies to the family and all of our Monkeys.
My prayers to the family and those who loved Jorelys. an angelic monkey

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »

There is supposed to be a news conference at 10:30 eastern this morning. I don't know if anyone will be carrying it live or not. I will look around for a feed.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »

God's Newest Angel'

[url]http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/god-s-newest-angel [url]

Monday night, an autopsy was conducted at the GBI's crime lab, said Lt. Jay Baker, spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office. Authorities have scheduled a 10:30 a.m. press conference at the Cherokee County Administration Building and Conference Center to discuss the findings

Additional counselors and other support staff are being provided at Canton Elementary School, where Jorelys was a first-grader, Cherokee County School District spokeswoman Barbara Jacoby said in a statement.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.