March 29, 2024, 08:40:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $5 for Main Street - Unlimited $$$TRILLIONS for foreigners  (Read 1659 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 08, 2011, 07:28:36 AM »

President Obama's teleprompter gave an amazing speech the other day.

text here -

I'll give you a specific example. For the first time in history, the reforms that we passed put in place a consumer watchdog who is charged with protecting everyday Americans from being taken advantage of by mortgage lenders or payday lenders or debt collectors. And the man we nominated for the post, Richard Cordray, is a former attorney general of Ohio who has the support of most attorney generals, both Democrat and Republican, throughout the country. Nobody claims he's not qualified.

This was part of the Dodd-Frank reform bill passed by Congress.  What exactly did it reform?  Did it prevent insider trading by members of Congress?  Did it open the books at the Federal Reserve?  Restrict the Fed?

What has this consumer watchdog done for you lately?  Note:  It is an are of the Federal Reserve.  What has the Federal Reserve done for Main Street lately?

Dodd-Frank in theory reformed the banking industry.  Recently, this watchdog was credited with helping to save Americans $5 a month in unfair and unjust debit card fees that one bank sought.  Wow...$5 a month.  That's $60 dollars a year.

What did foreign banks get?  TRILLIONS$$$

Why would anyone support the Fed's giveaway of TRILLIONS to foreigners?  Somehow, a $5 savings makes it ok?  Who gets the $5?  Folks that use a debit card?  Use their 'own' money?

Who owns the money the Fed is giving away to foreigners and others, counted in TRILLIONS of dollars?  All with out Congressional oversight?  How much has the Fed given away over the years?  Some have cited 25% inflation in many items Americans use every day. 

Gas used to cost $.19 a gallon.  Today it's over $3 a gallon and was $5 not too long ago. 

What Americans used to pay $5 for, they need $100 today.  And, inflation keeps eating away at our savings and hope for the future.

Who benefits from inflation?  Foreign banks and others that get the almost free money and pay it back maybe decades later with money that is worth less?

What about the savings of every day people?  Save $10,000 today and when you retire, it will buy want used to cost $1?

How can anyone praise the Fed and it's programs?  What has the Fed done for Main Street lately?

American's on Main Street seem to be collateral damage and the majority in Congress and the president don't seem to work for the little people on Main Street.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:30:58 AM »

"And the fact is that financial institutions have plenty of lobbyists looking out for their interests. "

Who's taking on the Federal Reserve?  Ending it's inflationary role in the American economy?

Obama?  Or, is he part of the job rotation between political Washington, The Fed, Wall Street, Treasury, and big banks?

Who's looking out for Main Street?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »

"...The truth is we'll never be able to compete with other countries when it comes to who's best at letting their businesses pay the lowest wages, who's best at busting unions, who's best at letting companies pollute as much as they want. That's a race to the bottom that we can't win, and we shouldn't want to win that race. Those countries don't have a strong middle class. They don't have our standard of living."

Who benefits from low wages?  Large global business?  American workers?

Who benefits from excessive and ever changing regulations in the US?  Large global business?  American workers?

Who benefits from tariffs on imported goods?
  Large global business?  American business that produce goods in low wage foreign countries?  American workers?

Wouldn't it be great if we could just scrap the IRS?  Eliminate the income tax?  Let every working man and woman keep their money?

Why does Obama fail to mention the lower or entitlement class?  Those living in poverty?  Poverty seems to be growing at alarming rates under his administration.  It seems that under Obama, the middle class is disappearing along with jobs. 

What's growing?  Poverty?  Perhaps the Obama middle class is really the old lower or entitlement class?  Everyone rolled into one? 

We've taken your jobs and helped global companies give them to foreign workers... 

We've taken your savings and investments and made them worthless, and will make them more worthless by allowing the Fed to print more and more money...

I'm Barack H. Obama and I want to help...grow the welfare/poverty/middle class in America.  I want everyone to live in poverty.  It will be a gentile poverty, with 'free' education, 'free' food, free everything...and long lines as goods and services disappear because nobody works for free (except in a nightmare or under slavery).

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.