April 18, 2024, 08:10:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Baths  (Read 4319 times)
Karo
Scared Monkey

« on: June 23, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

I would never give my cat a bath (she’s a fighter), but I love pictures of cats being bathed.

These were sent to me today and I thought I’d share them since there are many others here who love cats.

Do any of you have cat bath pictures to share?  

Poor Thing Sad  

LOL!!!

Adorable!
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:53:48 PM »

I have 2 more to add...

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:14 AM »

Those are hilarious and pitiful at the same time!

Thanks for posting them - I needed a good laugh.

I Stand With The Girl
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »

This is such a funny thread.

I remember years ago, when my daughter moved into her own place, she got a doggie named Delia and after six months got a cat to be a companion to Delia. She had terrible allergies and every couple of days she would go into the shower with Delia and Hurricane (who eventually came to live with me). Delia could handle it but Hurricane screamed at the top of his lungs as if he were being tortured. I watched when she was done washing him. She would squish the water out of his legs and back, wrap him in a towel and then let him go. It was hilarious.

When I got my Guinevere as a baby kitten, she couldn't clean herself very well so I gave her baths in the kitchen sink. After a couple of months, she would totally freak out about the baths.

So now, if my two cats are dirty or smelly, I wipe them down with two baby wipes each. It's less of a trauma to them and very easy for me. My daughter said, "How can you wipe them down with chemical stuff which you know they will lick off?" I told her I didn't think the baby wipes were as damaging as them eating flies, licking their butts, etc.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 01:04:43 AM »

BT- I agree—both hilarious AND pitiful.  I got the above pics in an email yesterday, and had enjoyed so much reading some of the funny stuff in the lounge when I couldn’t sleep last night I decided to share these pics!  Later today, I found some more for my “collection,” and will share just a few of the best, starting with one that looks kind of like Nonesuch’s cat.

LouiseVargas- thanks!  My husband and I discussed tonight whether we ever would attempt to wash Cleo and we both laughed and agreed—“No way!”  Thankfully, she’s a 7-year-old inside cat and keeps herself pretty clean.  If she gets dirty, maybe we can try using baby wipes  Very Happy   Just applying Revolution once a month is a major ordeal, though.  

Very Mad!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »

Just FYI - there are wipes made specifically for freshening up cats, and they are sold at places like Pet Smart or Petco. They are larger than baby wipes, and they make cats smell so good!

I do give my cats a bath occasionally. They whine about it, but they do tolerate it pretty well because I started when they were young, so it's normal to them now. But they do look pitiful when they are wet.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »

the cat wipes are also sold at Wal-Mart....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

My old Siamese would swat at water drops,and go let us know how she felt later,on our pillows.Nice pictures,and Tigers like the water
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 04:06:53 AM »

Mrs. Red and Pdh3, thank you for the info about the cat wipes  Very Happy

Tiger, if you're saying what I think you're saying about how your cat punished you for bathing him, that would be my worst nightmare  Shocked
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:48 PM »

My cat is strictly an indoor girl. I take her to a groomer for a bath twice a year (whether she needs it or not). I can't even imagine HOW to bathe a cat.

But the pictures are great!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »

Yes,the Tiger is saying that.No good deed went unpunished.
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »

BIG cats....unlike small ones, love being in water  Very Happy

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 03:02:37 PM »

Thank you,Cuz.You are so right
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
Just FYI - there are wipes made specifically for freshening up cats, and they are sold at places like Pet Smart or Petco. They are larger than baby wipes, and they make cats smell so good!

I do give my cats a bath occasionally. They whine about it, but they do tolerate it pretty well because I started when they were young, so it's normal to them now. But they do look pitiful when they are wet.

**********************************************************************************************************
  Pet wipes   Darn see there pdh3  you taught me something today  and thanks to Mrs Red for telling that Wal Mart has them also cause I do go there a lot .
  Again Thanks to all of you  and the cat bath pics are great <g>
                          Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 12:03:25 PM »

Poor kitties!

I wipe Milo down with a damp washcloth.

Wonder why domestic cats are so fearful of water? They can swim when they have to do so.

A long hair that we had had while I was growing up would have difficulty with  loose stool sticking to her fur. My mother would grasp her by the nape and dunk her butt into a suds filled bucket. The cat hated it, of course. LOL!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.