March 28, 2024, 10:20:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andover, MA Couple Jack & Geri McGee Found Shot Execution Style  (Read 9071 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/17/couple-found-dead-in-massachusetts-mansion-died-from-gunshot-wounds/
Couple Found Dead in Massachusetts Mansion Died From Gunshot Wounds
December 16, 2011

ANDOVER, Mass. –  Police said a couple found dead in a Massachusetts mansion Wednesday died of gunshot wounds, but they are still are trying to understand how such a terrible thing could happen to a couple who were so well-liked. 

John "Jack" Magee and Geri Magee were found dead on the first floor of their home Wednesday morning by the couple's daughter, Holly Magee Senykoff. Magee Senykoff was at the home to drop off her kids so her parents could babysit.

The couple were both shot "execution style," according to a source
 ::snipping2::
To add to the mystery, the Magees' Lexus SUV was found on fire Tuesday night in Boston's North End.

So far police have called the deaths an isolated act, and do not believe the public is at risk. They said the door to the home was unlocked, and there were no signs of a break-in.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massachusetts-mansion-murders-details-emerge-police-seek-clues/story?id=15168313
Massachusetts Mansion Murders: Details Emerge as Police Seek Clues
By LINSEY DAVIS, KEVIN DOLAK and CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
Dec. 16, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/12/15/developer_wife_found_fatally_shot_in_andover_home/
Andover couple slain at home
Developer, wife found fatally shot

By Peter Schworm and Brian R. Ballou
December 17, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/police-eye-mob-involvement-massachusetts-mansion-murders-jack-geraldine-magee-article-1.993089
Police eye mob in Massachusetts mansion murders of Jack and Geraldine Magee
Couple's SUV found burned 25 miles away

BY Braden Goyette
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
December 17, 2011

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x431306333/Magee-murders-still-a-mystery-more-than-a-month-later
Magee murders still a mystery more than a month later
By Jonathan Phelps
January 22, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »

This is older, but I wanted to post it here for future reference.  I'm not finding very much information about the murder of Jack & Geri McGee.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/16/cnr.06.html
Countdown to Iowa; NFL Player Called Drug Kingpin; Star Sandusky Witness Takes Stand; Mansion Murder Mystery; Barry Bonds Sentenced to Two Years Probation; Baby Fits In Palm Of Hand

Aired December 16, 2011 - 14:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

BALDWIN: John and Geraldine McGee were your Ozzie and Harriet couple living this seemingly perfect life in this mansion near Boston. He developed real state. They raised two kids. The McGee's were more than successful. They were respected. They were well liked within in the neighborhood.

Their community friends say they can't imagine who would ever want to hurt them, but someone did. John and Geraldine McGee were shot to death inside their million dollar-plus house Tuesday night.

The beautiful, quiet, quaint up to of Andover, their daughter found their bodies Wednesday morning when she stopped by to drop off her children with their grandparents. The couple's SUV was also found miles away in Boston. It had been set on fire.

Police right now, very, very tight lipped over this investigation, but investigative reporter Michelle Sigona has been digging into the story for us -- Michelle.

MICHELLE SIGONA, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Good afternoon.

BALDWIN: Good to see you.

SIGONA: Good to see you.

BALDWIN: What have you found?

SIGONA: Well, I did speak with the police department. Just as you mentioned, they are remaining very tight lipped, a lot of things are close to the vest in this case. They are investigating these murders as homicides that happened inside of the house.

There are some reports out there that state that the couple, they were shot in the neck, some shell casings were picked up. They would not confirm that information, but I did speak with a very good friend of the family's. She's known them more than 40 years.

She said on the morning of the murder, she received a call from Holly, from the daughter, who found her parents and she asked that the family friend, whose name is Diane, she said are you sitting down?

She said my parents have been shot. I need you over here right now to help with the children. So the friend, Diane, raced over to the house and assisted from that point on. So at this point, what police are saying is that it appears to be an isolated incident. They have not had any murders in this area since 2002. It is a town of about 32,000.

BALDWIN: You mentioned something from police. This is reporting from one of our Boston affiliates, WHDH, they are reporting there weren't any bullet casings found at the scene. Can you confirm that? What does that tell you if that, in fact, is true?

SIGONA: Actually, I cannot confirm that because police will not say one way or another. But if that is true, what it appears to be is something that was planned out. What I can tell you is that I spoke with the Boston Fire Department and that they found the vehicle on Tuesday night around 10:20, just before 10:30.

It was set on fire. It was on a residential street in Boston, about 20, 25 minutes away from the home where the murders took place. And so, if this happened, it may have been some time on Tuesday afternoon, evening and then once the murders took place, then that person or persons jumped into the vehicle and went there.

You know, there's going to be surveillance along the way. I'm sure that investigators are looking to pull along the route. There's going to be people, someone out there saw something or they know something.

Now, this particular neighborhood, there's not a lot around there. So, it wouldn't -- you know, if neighbors didn't see or hear something, because the homes are so far apart, that is not odd in itself, but someone, somewhere along the way does have information.

And so what investigators will do is they will go into the house and really start from that point and working their way out. What Diane told me is that Jerry recently got back from a golf vacation with her girlfriends.

They also own a home in Jupiter, Florida, and when they got back last weekend, they all went out to dinner. They had a nice toast at dinner to life and to friendship and to health. And she's really grateful that she had that, you know, those last moments with her friends last weekend.

BALDWIN: So, so far, I suppose, since police are being so tight lipped, understandably so, this is very much an ongoing investigation, do we know, are there any suspects whatsoever?

SIGONA: No suspects yet. This is still very new. I can tell you that the neighborhood is still closed off. It's only open to residents who live there. I can tell you that the house is still considered a crime scene at this time.

I can tell you that they are interviewing family members, friends. They are moving in through the computer systems. I mean, the family owned a construction company. There are a lot of business dealings, a lot of people that had a lot of interaction with this family, very well known in the area and there's really a lot to comb through at this point.

I think within the next few days, we will start to learn a little bit more about the dynamics and about who exactly would want to target these people just before the holidays.

BALDWIN: OK, Michelle Sigona, thank you very much for us, the latest details of this double homicide out of Andover.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=john-and-geraldine-magee&pid=155070421
John And Geraldine Magee
  |   Visit Guest Book

MAGEE, John E. "Jack" Jr. and his wife Geraldine M. "Jeri" (Greene) Of Andover, Dec. 14. Loving father and mother of two adoring children; two loving grandchildren; two siblings; many nieces and nephews and a large group of loving friends. At the request of the family all funeral services are being privately held. If you would like to honor Jack and Jeri's memory, please make memorial contributions in both Jack and Jeri's name to the , 311 Arsenal St, Watertown, MA 02472 or Bread & Roses, 58 Newbury Street, Lawrence, MA 01840.

Published in The Boston Globe on December 18, 2011

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.