April 26, 2024, 06:59:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayla Reynolds 20 mo. old msg 12-17-11 Waterville, ME Declared Dead  (Read 329882 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »

also, the mother said that she was told not to come search by the police..LE said that they had not heard that before when asked by a reporter...sooooo..she lied about that..can you imagine, a mother so lazy or uncaring to not even come to the area where her baby disappears from to at least pass out fliers? or, how bout a vigil that strangers and others arranged for your child and neither you nor the father care enough to attend?  grrrrrr!!!!
Sounds like KC and we know how that case turned out.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45747905/ns/today-today_people/t/search-missing-maine-toddler-goes-inside-home/
Search for missing Maine toddler goes inside home
Police have deployed cadaver dogs in the search for 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds
December 22, 2011
Video at Link

Closed captioning of: Search continues for missing Maine toddler

we begin this half hour with that frantic search for a missing toddler. we go to waterville, maine for the latest. good morning.

good morning, carl . it is hard to find a place in this small, new england town where investigators have not looked but police are expanding their search to include trails and new waterways hoping for a happy ending to this mystery. inside a local church wednesday, a solemn crowd held candles, praying for a flicker of hope, as the search expands for missing 20-month-old ayla reynolds . miles away , a mother in pain.

i want to see her face. i want to see her eyes. i want to feel her touch. i want to tell her i love her and i feel like i can't --

police say ayla was last seen friday night by her father, justin dipietro . he told investigators he put his little girl to bed in her green, polka dot pjs bearing the words "daddy's princess." the next morning he says ayla was gone and the search for her began. on wednesday, fighting icy conditions, police drained frozen ponds and searched a nearby river. the fbi , going door to door .

we want to rule out every possible area we can in our efforts to find ayla .

ayla 's father who has not commented publicly, released a statement saying, quote, i have no idea what happened to ayla or who is responsible.

my biggest fear is that she is scared and she has nobody to turn to.

trista reynolds says she last saw her daughter a month ago and told the associated press ayla was staying with dipietro while she was in rehab. according to police , ayla recently broke her arm from an accidental fall and was reportedly still wearing her soft cast the night she went missing. reynolds says she and ayla 's father don't have a formal custody agreement but the day before ayla disappeared she filed for full custody.

since she's been there she has a broken arm , she ended up missing. you know what i mean ? i wasn't trying to be secretive by going to the court. i just didn't want to fight with him anymore.

police have not named any suspects and say both parents are cooperating. in a statement dipietro says i have shared every piece of information possible with the police . my family and friends will continue to do everything we can to assist in this investigation and to get ayla back home. as investigators and volunteers scour the area, a mother waits and worries.

where is she? because i'd like to know. i just want her home and i want her home safe and sound.

nbc news did reach out to ayla 's father. he did not return our phone calls . we also reached out to maine's office of child and family services . they declined to comment as well. investigators say they received more than 160 tip calls from people in the public. they intend to follow through and check in on all of those leads. carl ?

nbc 's aditi roy, thanks. nbc news analyst clint van zandt is a former fbi profiler. good morning. ayla 's dad said he put her down at 8:00 p.m ., went back to check on her 12 hours later and she was gone. what is the first thing that jumps out at you?

well, 12 hours. i am a parent and grandparent and i can't ever recall a time when i put one of my children or grandchildren down and either didn't go back and check on them, realize there was supposedly a second baby sleeping in the same bedroom, and there was the victim's biological father , his mother, and some people who were nonrelated so there were a number of people within this house . someone, surely, would have had some reason to go in that bedroom. so i think law enforcement has to figure out the reason why nobody had any contact with that little girl for 12 hours.

speaking of law enforcement , you've been involved in cases like this.

yes.

what are the police and fbi doing right now behind the scenes ?

one thing they have to do, carl , is create a timeline. they have to take a look at like 24 hours before until the baby was actually reported missing. we know the father says the last time he saw the child was 8:00 at night. who can confirm that? who saw the child actually other than the father? and again, as you showed in the setup piece, it's a relatively small house . who could have got in and out of that house ? what other known offender when there are other adults and a baby in the house would have not disturbed anybody and carried the child out?

state authorities reportedly gave the father temporary custody when the mother was in rehab. then the day before she goes missing she files for sole custody . how seriously should police consider the custody dispute?

timing is always very important. as investigators you don't like a coincidence. that's a very significant coincidence. but, carl , you know we look back in time and there are very few children that are actually taken out of their house . you and i can go back to 1932 . we looked at the lindbergh kidnapping , we know of polly klaas , elizabeth smart was taken from her bedroom. nbc has covered the story of lisa irwin, the little girl who went missing in kansas city in october. even though there are very few times a child is taken out of their own bedroom about 110 times a child is kidnapped by an unknown person each year, could this be one of them or could it be something perhaps more sinister that originated maybe even inside the house from where that little girl disappeared? that's what law enforcement , the fbi has to figure out.

the second missing toddler case in which the family members allege a stranger took the child . you point out the odds of it being a stranger are very small in part because of the challenges of knowing a child was there and being able to get in and out of the house undetected.

yes, again, with that many people allegedly in the house , carl , it is a very small house , i mean, who targets that house ? who drives in the middle of the night ? who comes through her door or like in the other story in kansas city , supposedly crawls through a window to target that little child and take them out again? is it plausible? yes. perhaps. is it possible? yes. but law enforcement again, they know the odds are far more important when you think of the people within the house and those closest to the child as opposed to an unknown offender. but that's why you do a two-track investigation. track number one says, we'll go along with the idea. it was some unknown predator who got in under mysterious circumstances. track number two says we'll go with the probability that it's those closest to the child but, again, it's a terrible time any time a child goes missing. we're supposed to protect children like that.

yes.

and especially this time of the year.

thank you very much.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »

Thanks for the links Monkeys. 

NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »

also, the mother said that she was told not to come search by the police..LE said that they had not heard that before when asked by a reporter...sooooo..she lied about that..can you imagine, a mother so lazy or uncaring to not even come to the area where her baby disappears from to at least pass out fliers? or, how bout a vigil that strangers and others arranged for your child and neither you nor the father care enough to attend?  grrrrrr!!!!
Sounds like KC and we know how that case turned out.

Yes we do.

God help us with this horrific plague of awful sick parents. So many precious babies, all deserving to have safe loving happy homes and denied it by their selfish sick sick sick parents!!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/22/news/state/authorities-place-tape-around-waterville-home-of-20-month-old-ayla/

Homicide prosecutors visit home where 20-month-old Ayla disappeared

By Christopher Cousins and Glenn Adams, BDN Staff and The Associated Press
Posted Dec. 22, 2011, at 1:34 p.m.
Last modified Dec. 22, 2011, at 6:16 p.m

WATERVILLE, Maine — Investigators put up crime-scene tape around the home of the father of a 20-month-old girl who has been missing since last weekend and two of the state’s top homicide prosecutors were called to the house Thursday as the search for her entered its sixth day.

Meanwhile, national experts not associated with the case said the chances that Ayla was abducted are slim.

But Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey insisted that Ayla Reynolds’ disappearance remains a missing child case, that “everything remains open and we’re not discounting anything.” Massey told reporters that the investigation is now focused on an expanded search of the house in a neighborhood of neatly kept tract homes.

“That is the last place Ayla was seen. So as you might expect we’re going to give a lot of attention to that particular house, looking for any clues where she might be or where it would help us to locate her,” Massey said.

“We need to go through that as thoroughly as we can, just like we do in any other investigation.”

::snipping2::

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »

I have so much anger in side of me about this little child going 'missing'.
I am feeling very judgmental of the 2 people who are supposed to love and protect this child!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Tape-placed-around-home-of-missing-Maine-toddler.html

Posted: 1:06 PM
Updated: 6:24 PM
Police use cadaver dogs in search for missing toddler

Staff Report

WATERVILLE — Despite police's use of cadaver dogs Thursday, authorities implied they still had hope of finding 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds alive.

"This is still a missing child case," said Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey at a 2 p.m. press conference.

Investigators on Thursday put up tape around the home of Ayla, who's been missing since last weekend as the search for her entered its sixth day.

Assistant Attorney General Bill Stokes and the Maine State Police mobile unit were at Ayla's home in Waterville, while cadaver dogs were searching an area in the woods near the Waterville airport.

Comments:

josephinecote 7 hours ago
An extensive walking and hiking trail system winds through those woods by the airport. A big nowhere in the middle of somewhere. I am very worried about this little ones well being right now.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »

http://www.wmtw.com/r/30056780/detail.html
Snow Hampers Search For Ayla Reynolds
Investigators Are Not Planning An Afternoon Media Briefing

Posted December 22, 2011, Updated December 23, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/justice/maine-missing-girl/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Authorities offer $30,000 reward in case of missing Maine toddler
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 4:15 PM EST, Mon December 26, 2011

(CNN) -- Authorities in Waterville, Maine, on Monday offered a $30,000 reward for information that would lead investigators to find 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds.

The young girl was last reported seen more than a week ago, and police are now confident that someone was involved in taking Ayla from her house, said Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey.

"This is the largest reward that I can remember for a missing-person case in Maine's history," he told reporters. "I'm very hopeful that this will encourage anyone that has any information to call the Waterville police."

Ayla is described as having blond hair, being approximately 2 feet, 9 inches tall and weighing 30 pounds. She was last seen wearing green pajamas with white polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" across the front. When she disappeared, the girl had her arm in a soft cast.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »

im not sure what to think any more,its like all the peds,and rso,had a meeting
and decided to wreck havoc on all the children,in the last 4 months,oh and lets
not forget the murdering parents/caregivers too

---------
Ayla Reynolds, Missing Toddler, Was Kidnapped: Police
video
"At this point in the investigation ... we are confident that Ayla did not walk out of the house by herself," Waterville police Chief Joseph Massey said at a news conference at which he announced a $30,000 reward was being offered for help finding her. "We believe that someone was involved in taking her out of the house, and that's where the focus of this investigation has turned."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/27/ayla-reynold-abducted_n_1170839.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57348647-504083/missing-maine-toddler-ayla-reynolds-was-kidnapped-police-say/
Missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds was kidnapped, police say
By Katie Wiggin
December 27, 2011

(CBS/AP) WATERVILLE, Maine - For the first time in the ongoing investigation of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, police have said they believe she has been kidnapped. Investigators said Monday the 20-month-old was taken away and did not walk out on her own.
Police Chief Joseph Massey said at a news conference, "At this point in the investigation, we are confident that Ayla did not walk out of the house by herself."

CBS Boston reports Massey would not hypothesize on whether her abductor was a family member, someone who lived in her father's house, or a stranger.

"We believe that someone removed Ayla from the house and that is what our investigation is focusing," says Massey. "I don't want to speculate beyond that, because we do not know who took Ayla out of that house and under what circumstances she was removed."
Law enforcement officials say the search for the toddler is ongoing, but lately, tips have dried up.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57348647-504083/missing-maine-toddler-ayla-reynolds-was-kidnapped-police-say/
By Katie Wiggin
December 27, 2011

(CBS/AP) WATERVILLE, Maine - For the first time in the ongoing investigation of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, police have said they believe she has been kidnapped. Investigators said Monday the 20-month-old was taken away and did not walk out on her own.
Police Chief Joseph Massey said at a news conference, "At this point in the investigation, we are confident that Ayla did not walk out of the house by herself."

CBS Boston reports Massey would not hypothesize on whether her abductor was a family member, someone who lived in her father's house, or a stranger.

"We believe that someone removed Ayla from the house and that is what our investigation is focusing," says Massey. "I don't want to speculate beyond that, because we do not know who took Ayla out of that house and under what circumstances she was removed."
Law enforcement officials say the search for the toddler is ongoing, but lately, tips have dried up.
God, I hope someone in the family did kidnap this child because that would mean she was alive. I want to believe she is safe somewheres. God, knows we need a miracle and a happy outcome amongst all of these heartbreaking cases.

My gut however, thinks the sperm donor had something to do with this. I hope I can be proven wrong. Where are you baby girl? an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cheroke7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:26 PM »

By Katie Wiggin
December 27, 2011

God, I hope someone in the family did kidnap this child because that would mean she was alive. I want to believe she is safe somewheres. God, knows we need a miracle and a happy outcome amongst all of these heartbreaking cases.

My gut however, thinks the sperm donor had something to do with this. I hope I can be proven wrong. Where are you baby girl? an angelic monkey
I have had that feeling in my gut for awhile now....
Sherry
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/183808/314/Missing-Waterville-toddlers-father-issues-statement

Missing Waterville toddler's father issues statement
3:48 PM, Dec 28, 2011   

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - As police search for missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, her father has issued a statement asking for the girl's safe return.

Justin Dipietro's statement, released by the Waterville Police Department, includes messages of thanks for the businesses and individuals who came up with $30,000 for a reward.

His Statement:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/29/justice/maine-missing-girl/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Grandfather: Missing Maine girl's dad not communicating with family
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 4:31 AM EST, Thu December 29, 2011

(CNN) -- The grandfather of a missing 20-month-old Maine girl repeated over and over Wednesday night that the girl's father has not been in touch with the family, even as the father reiterated he doesn't know what happened to her.

"Nothing, not a word, nothing," Ron Reynolds told HLN's Nancy Grace. "My daughter tried to talk to him. Nothing's coming back ... nothing is being said."

Police said Wednesday they have received 370 leads in the disappearance of Ayla Reynolds, who was last seen December 16 when her father, Justin Dipietro, said he put her to bed.

Earlier Wednesday, Dipietro said he doesn't know what happened to her.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »

In the comment section of the Huffington Post regarding the mother's interview stating the father isn't talking to her, someone posted this comment:

"The girls body as thrown into the river on route 25 in Limington. The father went into a rage and killed her after finding out about the mother court action. I know this family and they all into drugs the father is a dangerous sociio path. He is in hiding from guilt. The girls body will show up soon."

Edit to add link per Festa.  MB
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:46:50 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »

Sorry here's the link to the article with the comment:

http://tinyurl.com/cbebvre
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

I hope Ayla can be found soon.   an angelic monkey

It's good to see you Festa!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »

In the comment section of the Huffington Post regarding the mother's interview stating the father isn't talking to her, someone posted this comment:

"The girls body as thrown into the river on route 25 in Limington. The father went into a rage and killed her after finding out about the mother court action. I know this family and they all into drugs the father is a dangerous sociio path. He is in hiding from guilt. The girls body will show up soon."

Edit to add link per Festa.  MB

Festa - great to see you! 

Sadly this comment you posted from Huffington Post makes sense to me. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Mother-of-missing-toddler-wants-to-talk-to-father.html

Posted: 11:25 AM
Updated: 2:50 PM
UPDATED: Mother of missing toddler wants to talk to father

The Associated Press

WATERVILLE — The mother of a 20-month-old girl who went missing nearly two weeks in Maine is appealing to the toddler's father to contact her.

Trista Reynolds told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday that she has not communicated with Justin DiPietro since their daughter, Ayla, went missing in Waterville. She said she has questions that only he can answer since he's the last person to have seen her before she was reported missing on Dec. 17.

Asked if she thought DiPietro was involved with Ayla's disapperance, Reynolds was ambivalent.

“I don’t know,’’ she said. “Part of me feels yes, and a part of me feels no. He said he’s not in hiding, but why won’t he come out? Why won’t he talk to me? Why is he staying away? What is he so afraid of, to not come out and talk to me?’’

Reynolds' appeal came a day after DiPietro issued a second statement, thanking investigators and insisting that he did nothing to harm his daughter.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.