March 28, 2024, 04:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayla Reynolds 20 mo. old msg 12-17-11 Waterville, ME Declared Dead  (Read 328339 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #520 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »

Good post alismom, good post indeed.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: January 26, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/268814/2/Demonstrators-demand-action-in-Ayla-Reynolds-case

video
9:19 PM, Jan 25, 2014

WATERVILLE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- "I want to see arrests made. I want closure for Ayla." The mother of missing 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds and her supporters are calling on police to take action on the case.

"I want them to do their job. I want closure. I want answers."

"I think it's time for answers," says Ashley Pouliot. "It's been 2 years too long."

There have been no arrests in the child's disappearance though Police say they do not believe Ayla is still alive.

On Saturday, Reynolds and her supporters rallied outside of the Waterville Police Department with Ayla's photo. Chanting the words: "no justice; no peace."

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: February 04, 2014, 12:08:33 AM »

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Transcripts_detail_Justin_DiPietro_s_911_call_reporting_Ayla_Reynolds_missing_.html

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transcripts detail Justin DiPietro’s 911 call reporting Ayla Reynolds missing

WATERVILLE — The biggest criminal investigation in state history began with a 911 call in which a father said his 20-month-old daughter was last seen about 10 hours before, gave a brief description of the green pajamas she was wearing and said “there’s no way” she could have crawled out of her crib.

In transcripts obtained Monday first by the Associated Press and then by the Morning Sentinel through the Freedom of Access Act, Justin DiPietro told the emergency dispatcher that he put his daughter Ayla Reynolds to bed at 8 p.m. Dec. 16, 2011, and that his sister checked on her two hours later, at about 10 p.m.

He dialed 911 the next day at 8:49 a.m.

During the call, DiPietro is asked when he last saw Ayla.

“When I put her to bed last night. My sister checked on her. Um, woke up this morning, went to her room and she’s not there,” he says. At one point, the phone call ends and DiPietro calls back, explaining “my cellphone died.”

Asked by a dispatcher about the exact time someone last saw Ayla in her crib, DiPietro asks his sister, Elisha.

“Um, Elisha, when was the last, when is last time you went in her room last night when you saw her?” DiPietro asks. She responds 10 p.m. and he repeats the time to the dispatcher.

The Associated Press and Morning Sentinel requested the material after the state Supreme Court ruled such transcripts should be made public unless law enforcement officials can show how releasing the documents would harm an investigation. The Portland Press Herald last year sought transcripts of 911 calls in connection with a fatal shooting in Biddeford, prompting the court’s ruling on such transcripts.
more....... 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: May 01, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »

March 28

Trista Reynolds calls for child endangerment charges in Ayla disappearance

As the missing Waterville child’s fourth birthday approaches, a grieving mother is pushing for answers.
snipped

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Trista_Reynolds_calls_for_child_endangerment_charges_in_Ayla_disappearance_.html?searchterm=Ayla

April 15

Arrest Ayla’s caretakers on charge of criminal negligence

LETTER
snipped
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/opinion/letters/Arrest_Ayla_s_caretakers_on_charge_of_criminal_negligence.html?searchterm=Reynolds

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: September 01, 2014, 02:50:32 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2014, 02:52:19 AM »

Saw it on Facebook...no link.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: November 04, 2014, 02:46:18 AM »

Ayla Reynolds’ mother seeks continued child support

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/11/03/news/ayla-reynolds-mother-seeks-continued-child-support/
Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014    Last update: 12:39 a.m.

AUGUSTA, Maine — There’s a hearing this week to decide whether the father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds should continue to pay child support for the girl.

For the past year, Trista Reynolds, Ayla’s mother, has received an $82 check once a week from Justin Dipietro. It’s a child support payment for their missing daughter, Ayla.

On Wednesday, they’re scheduled for a Department of Health and Human Services hearing about whether Dipietro should keep paying that money.

Neither parent has to appear at the DHHS hearing, but Reynolds says she’ll be there and she hopes Dipietro will be, too.

When asked why Reynolds thinks Dipietro should pay even though police don’t believe their daughter is alive, Trista said that “some people might feel that way, but I feel that until Ayla’s body is found and brought back to me, he should still be responsible for her.”

Reynolds added, “She needs to know that Mommy is still here, and I didn’t go anywhere and I didn’t stop fighting, and I’m not gonna stop fighting for her. Because justice needs to be brought.”

Dec. 17 will mark three years since Ayla was reported missing. No one was has been charged in connection the case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: November 22, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/3-years-later-No-charges-in-missing-toddler-case-5910957.php
3 years later: No charges in missing toddler case
November 22, 2014

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — The blood found throughout the home where Ayla Reynolds was last seen nearly three years ago is all her mother needs to demand charges — any charges — be brought against the child's father and two other adults who were with the toddler the night she disappeared, setting off the largest investigation in Maine's history.

Though investigators believe Ayla is dead and the three adults know more about what happened that night than they're telling, no charges have ever been filed.

Now the clock is running out on some of the lesser charges the girl's mother believes could have already been brought. The statute of limitations on misdemeanors like child endangerment expires in a matter of weeks, on the third anniversary of Ayla's disappearance.

"All of them should be put in jail," said Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds.

But she said she isn't in regular contact with police and has little confidence that charges are imminent.

"I don't see that happening any time soon," Reynolds said.

Ayla was 20 months old when she was reported missing by her father, Justin DiPietro, on Dec. 17, 2011. The toddler had been living DiPietro and his girlfriend, sister and mother in Waterville.

Ayla's disappearance set off a massive search with FBI, police, wardens and volunteers combing through the woods and searching streams. Investigators ultimately announced Ayla was the victim of foul play but said there is no evidence she was abducted.

Maine State Police spokesman Steve McCausland said the investigation remains "active and ongoing." DiPietro, who has denied knowing what happened to his daughter, couldn't be reached for comment and a lawyer who represented the family did not return a phone call.

Maine has no statute of limitations for homicide and there's a six-year limit for other felonies. But the limit is only three years on lesser charges — misdemeanors like simple assault or endangering the welfare of a minor, said Jim Burke, a professor at the University of Maine School of Law.

Burke said he sympathizes with the mother but said prosecutors likely don't want to put their homicide investigation at risk for the sake of pursuing misdemeanors.

Bringing lesser charges would expose evidence central to the homicide investigation and could allow the defense to try to prevent harsher charges by claiming double jeopardy, said Assistant Attorney General Leane Zainea. She said prosecutors are keeping "an eye toward the more serious offenses."

Kennebec County District Attorney Maeghan Maloney, who has reviewed the available evidence but is not involved in prosecuting the case, said prosecutors from the attorney general's office are best suited to direct the investigation and to decide whether there's enough evidence to win at trial.

"The state is not going to go away," he said. "Sometimes it takes 20 years for someone to slip up. So they sit and wait. They never give up."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #529 on: November 22, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »

It's a twisted philosophy...

'Sometimes it takes twenty years for them to slip up then we can prosecute... maybe.'

So, murderers of precious babies get to spend the best years of their young and healthy lives out living life to its' fullest then, when they are old, maybe they will be prosecuted and sent to prison where they will receive 3 meals and free healthcare.

I have always wondered why so many cases are 'solved' by cold case division of LE. 

I agree with Ayla's mama... slap 'em with the misdemeanor charges and give them the fullest on those.  Go ahead and let the world know what the evidence is.  It's better than a 'chance' that someone may or may not be charged later.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »

http://wabi.tv/2016/05/24/family-of-missing-toddler-ayla-reynolds-to-file-civil-lawsuit/

Family of Missing Toddler Ayla Reynolds to File Civil Lawsuit

May 24, 201610:33 AM EDT
BY
Catherine Pegram

Local News



The family of a toddler who went missing in Waterville more than four years ago is now planning to file a civil lawsuit against the adults who were with the girl the night she disappeared.

20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was last seen in December of 2011 at her father’s house.

Justin Dipietro’s sister and his girlfriend were in the home, too.

Police believe Ayla’s dead, but her body has never been found and no one’s ever been charged.

Ayla’s step-grandfather says the family wants to pursue civil charges, now, which could include child endangerment and wrongful death.

He’s set up a go-fund me page for donations to help hire a lawyer.

The goal is to collect to about $30,000.

For more information, you can go to the site www.gofundme/aylareynolds.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2016, 09:04:19 AM »

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/05/23/ayla-reynolds-family-plans-to-bring-civil-suit/

The missing Waterville toddler's aunt told a television show in a rare interview that Ayla's blood was found in the family's house because she had 'lactose issues' that caused her to vomit.

Jeff Hanson, Reynolds’ step-grandfather, said Monday the family wants to pursue civil charges that would possibly include child endangerment and wrongful death against Reynold’s father, Justin DiPietro; his girlfriend, Courtney Roberts; and his sister, Elisha DiPietro, whose care Ayla was in the night before she was reported missing, as well as Justin’s mother, Phoebe DiPietro, in whose house they all lived.

‘PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY’

In March 2014 Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, wrote to Kennebec County District Attorney Maeghan Maloney asking her to bring a criminal charge of child endangerment against Justin DiPietro. Reynolds did not return a call seeking comment Monday.

William Stokes, a deputy attorney general at the time who is now a state Superior Court judge, declined to comment in 2014 on why his office had not charged anyone in connection with Reynolds’ disappearance, but did say the fact that her body had not been found had a lot to do with it.

Speaking generally about why prosecutors might not charge someone with a lesser crime in certain circumstances, Stokes also cited Maine’s criminal code, which says that a defendant can’t be subject to separate trials for multiple offenses based on the same conduct or arising from the same crime except in certain instances.

He said there is always a risk of violating the statute when bringing lesser charges against someone and afterward lodging other charges based on the same incident.

“Our hearts go out to Trista and her family,” Stokes said in 2014. “But as I’ve emphasized before, we have a professional responsibility to do this investigation in a correct way, and we really can’t base our decision on petition drives or letters to the editor, as well-meaning as they may be.”

Hanson said Monday that the family understands the explanation offered by the attorney general’s office, but he has kept the petition going because he has received so many emails from people asking him to keep it open. It currently has more than 7,000 signatures.

“I’ve been getting a lot of emails from people asking how they can help,” Hanson said. “(The public) is getting tired of waiting too.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: March 17, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »

http://wgme.com/news/local/ayla-reynolds-mother-asks-court-for-death-certificate

Ayla Reynolds' mother asks court for death certificate
WATERVILLE (WGME) -- The mother of missing Waterville toddler, Ayla Reynolds, is now asking the court to officially issue a death certificate. 

Her disappearance turned into what is still the largest search in Maine state history, but authorities have long said that they believe she is no longer alive and was the victim of foul play.
No one has ever been charged, and state police have said they believe the people in the home that night, including Ayla’s father, Justin DiPietro, are not telling the whole truth. 

Thursday, she retained a Portland law firm to petition the courts for a death certificate to help bring closure.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: May 27, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »

http://justiceforayla.org/ayla-reynolds-declared-dead/

by Grace4Ayla on May 27, 2017

On April 12, 2017, after more than five long years of waiting and wondering, the state of Maine officially declared Ayla Bell Reynolds deceased since December 16, 2011.

Although the documents in question provide no details as to how Ayla’s death was determined, one thing is certain: this isn’t looking good for the DiPietro family or Courtney Roberts.

In a previous post, there was mention of Trista Reynolds pursuing a wrongful death suit against Justin DiPietro after the successful petition of the death certificate. Well, from where I’m sitting I can tell you that it certainly looks like Trista Reynolds may be going after that wrongful death suit, but only time will tell for sure. It is, after all, what a mother seeking actual justice might do in such a case, isn’t it?

I will leave any speculation as to what this might mean for the criminal aspect of Ayla’s case for another day. But perhaps Law Enforcement will now take Ayla’s name off their missing persons list and add it to their unsolved murders.

Either way, things are about to get interesting.

That old justice clock seems like it just might strike one someday, doesn’t it?

http://justiceforayla.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/ayladeath-dec1.pdf

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: May 27, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »

an angelic monkey
Reynolds, Ayla
Murdered December 2011
Town: Waterville
On December 17, 2011, Ayla Reynolds (DOB 4-4-2010) was reported missing from her Violette Avenue home by her father Justin DiPietro. Investigators have ruled out any possibility that Ayla left the house on her own or that she was abducted. Investigators discovered Ayla's blood in the basement of her home, and the adults who were in the home are withholding information. Police believe that Ayla is probably dead.
Contact: Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit - Central, 36 Hospital Street, Augusta, ME 04330. Telephone (207) 624-7143 or toll free 1-800-452-4664.
You may also report information about this crime using the leave a tip form.

HAAD Enough Inc.
https://m.facebook.com/haadenough/about

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: December 16, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/12/16/father-of-missing-toddler-to-be-accused-in-civil-suit/?fbclid=IwAR3Riu05ucHNcz98kE6m6-p6DWhRGneoyniyFIH4ergNZlbCyVob7wFqfAI

Posted 4:00 AM  Updated at 8:16 AM  12-16-18
Ayla Reynold’s mother will accuse father in wrongful death suit
Seven years after the girl's disappearance, Trista Reynolds and her attorney are prepared to act.

WATERVILLE — The mother of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds is expected to file a lawsuit Monday, alleging the father caused the child’s death seven years ago.

The wrongful death suit will be filed in Cumberland County Superior Court in Portland against Justin DiPietro, according to William Childs, the attorney for Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds.

Childs plans a press conference outside the courthouse. The announcement of the filing comes on the seven-year anniversary of the child’s reported disappearance, in a case that drew national attention and sparked the largest and most costly police investigation in state history.

“Through discovery, we intend on establishing how Ayla was killed, where she was killed and why she was killed,” Childs said in a phone interview.

authorities have said DiPietro hasn’t told them all that he knows. DiPietro has maintained that someone must have abducted Ayla during the night, but police say there’s no evidence to support that claim.

authorities have said DiPietro hasn’t told them all that he knows. DiPietro has maintained that someone must have abducted Ayla during the night, but police say there’s no evidence to support that claim.

PURSUING JUSTICE

Childs, of the Portland law firm Childs, Rundlett, Fifield & Altshuler LLC, said an official tried recently to serve Justin DiPietro, now 31, with a summons at his last known address in California, but was told by a tenant that DiPietro had moved in July.

The process server official, Nelson Tucker, conducted an extensive search to locate his whereabouts in Los Angeles County and elsewhere, but was unsuccessful.

Childs said he also sent the complaint and summons to the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office to try to serve DiPietro at his mother’s house in Waterville.

Lt. Jeffrey Love, who is in charge of the Maine State Police Unsolved Homicide Unit, said police remain dedicated to solving the case.

“We received 18 leads in 2018 for a total of 1,593 leads to date,” Love said in an email last week. “Two of the leads this year led State Police detectives to search an area in Belgrade and Sidney. A search was also conducted in Winslow, which was initiated by State Police detectives. Though nothing of evidentiary value was located, detectives were able to eliminate three more areas. All three searches utilized State Police cadaver dogs.”

Trista Reynolds says she stays in touch with police in the case.

“If they want to let me know something or if I just want to know what’s going on, I give a call,” she said Tuesday. “I saw them last week just to sit down and go over the last year and where we stand.”

She said they will proceed carefully. “We have to make sure all of our ducks are lined up the right way because we only have one shot at this,” she said. 

Reynolds testified in probate court prior to the judge’s declaring Ayla dead last year, but Justin DiPietro, who was working as a cook and living in Winnetka, California, did not. Elisha DiPietro, his half sister, and Roberts, had been deposed earlier by Childs.

Documents from Cumberland County Probate Court say an official in June 2017 served a notice of the September probate hearing to Justin DiPietro at his California home, but he lied about who he was when the officer, Tucker, showed up on his doorstep.

Tucker, who recently tried to serve him a complaint and summons of wrongful death, served the probate hearing notice last year in Winnetka. At the time, Tucker had with him a photograph of DiPietro that was given to him by Childs. Tucker wrote in court documents that at 8:51 a.m. June 12, 2017, he went to DiPietro’s home in Los Angeles to serve the papers.

“He denied his identity, but he matched the photo provided by attorney for petitioner,” Tucker wrote. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.