April 20, 2024, 09:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child molesters  (Read 8893 times)
Cat
Monkey Junky

« on: February 12, 2007, 07:15:23 PM »

Oh,when you think you have seen it all.A sex offender who molested at least 3 young girls,pled guilty and got 1,ONE year.Am I missing something.Oh he was their minister.Well,I can vote against him and I will.CAT(hissing)

Live with hope,looking for justice
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:28:21 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Oh,when you think you have seen it all.A sex offender who molested at least 3 young girls,pled guilty and got 1,ONE year.Am I missing something.Oh he was their minister.Well,I can vote against him and I will.CAT(hissing)

Cat - where was this?  Unbelievable  Twisted Evil
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

Back in the early 1980's when they were first convicting these perverts,  the average sentence was 7-10 years.  To me that wasn't enough then,  and now its almost an epidemic of molesters/rapists and they get off with just a year.

Maine, born and raised!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 01:02:57 AM »

Several years ago, when young women were drooling over Brad Pitt, I thought, well, he's good looking but too young to do anything for me.  Some time passed and I saw him in a movie trailer and thought WHOA!  When did this happen?  He's a contender!!!!!!!  I don't know what age or look or milestone he hit that suddenly made him attractive to me, but until he got there, he was a cute kid.  I'm assuming this is the norm.   Shocked   A child, even a teen has neither the physical nor emotional makeup to be sexually appealing in any normal sense.  So what makes these people do this?  Do the experts even know?  You can find information on warning signs that someone is on drugs or drinking too much, if they have an eating disorder, anger issues, violent tendencies, if they are depressed or at risk for various other forms of aberrant behavior.  We need to know how to recognize the warning signs.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »

The Adam Walsh Bill  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a very simple way for us to help protect our nations children. I do not know if my bottom 2 links will work so you may have to go to Oprah.com and click through the links. Please do this it is such an easy way to help. Also feel free to copy and paste this into your emails to friends.Lets let them know we care.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200702/20070221/slide_20070221_284_118.jhtml

Dear Senator:

As your constituent, I am writing this letter to urge you and your colleagues to act swiftly to fully fund the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. The provisions of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act must be funded now so that law enforcement can protect children and communities from the scourge of convicted sex offenders:

I urge you to fully fund all of the mandates within the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. I am particularly concerned about the following:

1. To implement an effective and comprehensive national registry database and website of sex offenders.
2. To build capacity in the federal law enforcement system to enable law enforcement to track and capture noncompliant sex offenders and bring them to justice.
3. To implement a national DNA database so that law enforcement can accurately and promptly verify DNA evidence.

Citizens must have access to accurate and timely information regarding convicted sex offenders living in their community. The 50 states and the federal government must be afforded adequate resources to build and maintain an effective national sex offender database. A national sex offender database is a critical safeguard to protect America’s children and with each passing day that the provisions of this law are not funded, the danger to children is heightened. When information about the identity and whereabouts of convicted sex offenders is not accessible, accurate and verifiable, our communities are at grave risk.

I strongly urge you to act now to fund the mandates passed in the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act so that our children are kept safe from these dangerous predators and law enforcement has the necessary investigative resources.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent request.

Sincerely,

You can find your senators' mailing address by visiting Congress.org.

Or

You can e-mail it directly by copying the letter below into a personal e-mail. Feel free to edit and personalize it! You can find your representatives' e-mail address on Congress.org. Then hit send!

Your voice will be heard, and it does make a difference. Thank you! Now, send a letter to your governor

Just a swinging with the tribe
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »

I only realized fairly recently that the overwhelming majority of child molesters are in fact family members - usually dad or older brother, but of course it can be uncle weirdo, cousin dimwit et al.

We are talking 90-something per cent of cases(I don't remember the exact percentage I read). I don't recall whether stepfathers are included in tht mix.

And of course we don't hear about most of these "all in the family" cases.

Keep that in mind when wondering why sentencing seems so lenient. It's just so d@#$ prevalent.

Has to just about be a child fatality to get serious.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.