March 29, 2024, 01:30:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366710 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

I may have been a bit over melodramatic in my post.  This has been a very emotional few days for all us, especially for Natalee's and Stephany's loved ones.  Even though I'm new to the forum, I've been following this case very closely since May 2005.

I'm still wrought up with emotion, anger, grief, anxiety, elation, disappointment. I'll say good night and hope my emotions don't run the extreme gambit tomorrow.

Buona notte

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

Dr. Drew read a few short passages from the report.

Cole Thompson had summarized somewhat too, about the problems starting in his teens, rumors of Joran's beating one of his brothers nearly to death etc.

I'll look for the transcript in a while.

They didn't go as in depth as I hoped they would.

I think we've pretty much heard all of it before from others.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »

Thru translator:

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-13-trasladaran-a-joran-van-der-sloot-al-penal-de-piedras-gordas-noticia_440623.html

Move to Joran Van der Sloot to criminal BBW Stones

Friday, January 13, 2012 | 7:09 pm

The head of INPE, José Luis Pérez Guadalupe, said he 'has seen the need to change the penalty to increase security measures. "

The head of INPE, José Luis Pérez Guadalupe, according to RPP Noticias that Joran Van der Sloot was transferred to maximum security prison BBW Stone. "The Classification Board and the Regional Directorate of Lima determined to be transferred to criminal BBW Piedras" he said.

He said that will take the strictest security measures during the transfer. "We have seen the need to change the penalty to increase security measures. All society we take steps in an exemplary manner for this not happen again," he added.
 ::snipping2::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »

Thanks Kat_Gram

The poem is beautiful.

Janet

an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

I may have been a bit over melodramatic in my post.  This has been a very emotional few days for all us, especially for Natalee's and Stephany's loved ones.  Even though I'm new to the forum, I've been following this case very closely since May 2005.

I'm still wrought up with emotion, anger, grief, anxiety, elation, disappointment. I'll say good night and hope my emotions don't run the extreme gambit tomorrow.

Buona notte

I thought your posts were fine.  But I get pretty emotional here too sometimes, so I understand wanting to take a step back if that's what you need to do.

Good night!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

Cole Thompson had summarized somewhat too, about the problems starting in his teens, rumors of Joran's beating one of his brothers nearly to death etc.

Thanks for the recap TM.  I missed Dr. Drew and would have liked to have seen the show.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »

Thru translator:

http://peru.com/actualidad/van-der-sloot-trasladado-al-penal-piedras-gordas-noticia-37936

Friday January 13, 2012 - 07:48

Van der Sloot was taken to Fat Piedras criminal

The Dutchman will not stay in the Castro Castro prison. "We want to avoid any problems regarding his life," said the head of INPE.

Lima. The Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot , who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores , did not stay in the Castro Castro prison and was taken to Fat Stone, said the head of the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE), Jose Perez Guadalupe.

"The board of the regional classification of Lima have determined that (the Dutch), and with the conviction of 28 years, will be transferred to the prison of Piedras Gordas. I've already been warned on which cell is, "said Guadalupe Perez RPP.

He added that both the regional director of the prison and announced that they will take the strictest security measures with this procedure.

"We have seen the need to change the penalty to increase security measures. We believe this is an exemplary sentence. (...) We want to avoid any problems regarding his life, "he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

" Paint Me A Birmingham"
He was sittin? there, his brush in hand
Paintin? waves as they danced, upon the sand
With every stroke, he brought to life
The deep blue of the ocean, against the mornin? sky
I asked him if he only painted ocean scenes
He said for twenty dollars, I?ll paint you anything.

Chorus:

Well could you Paint Me A Birmingham
Make it look just the way I planned
A little house on the edge of town
Porch goin? all the way around
Put her there in the front yard swing
Cotton dress make it, early spring
For awhile she?ll be, mine again
If you can Paint Me A Birmingham.

He looked at me, with knowing eyes
Then took a canvas from a bag there by his side
Picked up a brush, and said to me
Son just in this picture, would you like to me
I said if there?s any way you can
Could you paint me back into her arms again.

Paint Me A Birmingham
Make it look just the way I planned
A little house on the edge of town
Porch goin? all the way around
If you can Paint Me A Birmingham.

If you can Paint Me A, Birmingham.

...Indulge me. This is the song I associate with Natalee.
I think of Natalee's parents and Family & Friends and those who never knew her, but tried to help to find her. Red, Tim Miller, Peter DeVries, so many persons were touched by Natalee. And the Zoo Keeper.

Tracy Lawrence sings it IIRC, and I always think of Natalee (and shed a few tears) when I hear it.

Thanks for the reminder Kat_gram...I haven't heard it in a while.  I think I'll make my way over to youtube later and listen if it's still there.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

Thanks for the recap TM.  I missed Dr. Drew and would have liked to have seen the show.

You're welcome San!  It was good.  They had a body language expert on there too, I didn't listen closely to everything he said.  One thing I remember (summarizing) is that someone like Joran is hard to read because they don't think like we do...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »

You're welcome San!  It was good.  They had a body language expert on there too, I didn't listen closely to everything he said.  One thing I remember (summarizing) is that someone like Joran is hard to read because they don't think like we do...

So true.  He has never had one normal thought in his life.  I saw in one picture his head get really red like when he was talking to Greta and his ears got red.  To me that is a sign that he is nervous because he wants people to believe his lies.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 10:35:31 PM »

Thru translator:

http://peru.com/actualidad/van-der-sloot-trasladado-al-penal-piedras-gordas-noticia-37936

Friday January 13, 2012 - 07:48

Van der Sloot was taken to Fat Piedras criminal

The Dutchman will not stay in the Castro Castro prison. "We want to avoid any problems regarding his life," said the head of INPE.

Lima. The Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot , who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores , did not stay in the Castro Castro prison and was taken to Fat Stone, said the head of the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE), Jose Perez Guadalupe.

"The board of the regional classification of Lima have determined that (the Dutch), and with the conviction of 28 years, will be transferred to the prison of Piedras Gordas. I've already been warned on which cell is, "said Guadalupe Perez RPP.

He added that both the regional director of the prison and announced that they will take the strictest security measures with this procedure.

"We have seen the need to change the penalty to increase security measures. We believe this is an exemplary sentence. (...) We want to avoid any problems regarding his life, "he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVI7bsJTcRo

Home Sweet Home - Joran's new prison.  Enjoy your stay Joran!  ::justice2NJ::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-13-van-der-sloot-puede-salir-de-prision-en-ocho-anos-por-beneficios-noticia_440667.html

Google translation

Van der Sloot can get out of prison in eight years by profit
Friday, January 13, 2012 | 9:45 pm

While Joran Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison, in the "best scenario" would leave prison with only serving eight years of the sentence, said criminal lawyer Roberto Miranda.

"In the best scenario that could have Van der Sloot, could be talking about eight years of deprivation effectively," he told RPP Noticias.

Counsel explained that the crime of murder for which he was sentenced Dutch is not restricted to the benefits of redemption prison sentence for work and day release. However, he said that to get out of prison will have to pay civil damages of S /. 200 000 imposed by the College "B" of the Third Criminal Court for Prison Inmates in Lima Court and show good behavior.

"You will have to prove that has made payments-even split payments, but civil repair, have good conduct and have not caused any other criminal incident," he said.

Averaging the south, the Dutch listened to the sentence against him for the murder of the young Stephany Flores Ramirez (21), which occurred on May 30, 2010 at a hotel in Miraflores. At night he ordered his transfer of the San Pedro (ex Lurigancho) at the Piedras Gordas.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »

Tracey Lawerence does sing the song, but it is the lyrics that are powerful.
Sad week, not about JVDS, but just the finality. He will never talk the truth and they will never know for sure what happened to her. Bad English, should take an ESL class.
Hugs to everyone who is here and also to those who are not.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-13-van-der-sloot-puede-salir-de-prision-en-ocho-anos-por-beneficios-noticia_440667.html

Google translation

While Joran Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison, in the "best scenario" would leave prison with only serving eight years of the sentence, said criminal lawyer Roberto Miranda.

"In the best scenario that could have Van der Sloot, could be talking about eight years of deprivation effectively," he told RPP Noticias.

Counsel explained that the crime of murder for which he was sentenced Dutch is not restricted to the benefits of redemption prison sentence for work and day release. However, he said that to get out of prison will have to pay civil damages of S /. 200 000 imposed by the College "B" of the Third Criminal Court for Prison Inmates in Lima Court and show good behavior.

"You will have to prove that has made payments-even split payments, but civil repair, have good conduct and have not caused any other criminal incident," he said.

Averaging the south, the Dutch listened to the sentence against him for the murder of the young Stephany Flores Ramirez (21), which occurred on May 30, 2010 at a hotel in Miraflores. At night he ordered his transfer of the San Pedro (ex Lurigancho) at the Piedras Gordas.

Well if they still have the money they swindled from psycho Mary for "bail", he can pay the civil damages off with that.  Wonder if that was the plan, or if they've spent it on "attorney fees" instead or other things?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »

Tracey Lawerence does sing the song, but it is the lyrics that are powerful.
Sad week, not about JVDS, but just the finality. He will never talk the truth and they will never know for sure what happened to her. Bad English, should take an ESL class.
Hugs to everyone who is here and also to those who are not.   

You too Kat_Gram
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »

So true.  He has never had one normal thought in his life.  I saw in one picture his head get really red like when he was talking to Greta and his ears got red.  To me that is a sign that he is nervous because he wants people to believe his lies.

Or he's getting angry because he thinks they don't believe him?

Probably depends on if that interview was one where she was still "inclined" to believe him or not?   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »

I wondered where that other "winking" monkey went...I didn't see it in the preview!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »

John Q. Kelly is on Dr. Drew tonight.

Dr. Drew states that Dave Holloway said today that Joran is beyond rehabilitation, Dr. Drew agrees.

Dr. Drew asks JQK what Beth's reaction was to the sentencing today.

JQK says that Beth definitely had reactions, it's been a difficult three days for her but she wants to keep her emotions private at this time.  She sees it as a time for the Flores family to grieve, to mourn, to absorb and digest what went on in the legal process concerning their daughter today; and let them address the situation.

Dr. Drew describes the decision yesterday by a judge in Alabama legally declaring Natalee dead.  He shows Beth's reaction to that.  They show the clip of Beth that CBB has mentioned  here where Beth says "Natalee's father wanted to see this through and...of course it makes me very sad."

Dr. Drew asks JQK why Beth was resisting doing that and why was Natalee's father so intent on having her declared dead?

JQK says Dave's reasons were more legal and financial from his point of view.  From Beth's point of view she saw no reason to have a legal declaration of Natalee's death.  She always wants to be able to hold on to that dream, that possible miracle that one day she might see her daughter again.

Dr. Drew says his understanding was that Dave was still paying Natalee's health insurance and things like that and that (he says she but I think he meant "he") preferred to set that money aside for some of the other children's education.  He asks JQK if this is correct?

JQK says yes, there were very practical reasons that Dave wanted to proceed down that path and Beth's position is that she understands it, and any declaration signed by the court doesn't make any difference in her heart.  She's holding on to that dream, still holding Natalee dear and if there's ever a sliver of hope that she could ever see Natalee again.  She also wants to reinforce her beliefs with other families, never to give up hope.

Dr. Drew asks JQK to send Beth his regards...(and makes a few other comments)

JQK says Beth is a brave, strong, and incredible woman.

Dave did say on CBS42 yesterday (and it has been replayed today) that there was life
insurance.  He threw it in with the health and dental insurance sorta nonchantly.
It was the first I had heard him mention life insurance.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »

Family reacts to Natalee Holloway death certificate
Published: 1/12 11:01 pm
Updated: 2:24 am

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) - The death certificate will allow Dave Holloway to move forward and deal with financial and legal responsibilities related to Natalee that have been stuck in limbo since her disappearance.

"Finally got down to just taking care of some needs. Medical, dental, life insurance, health insurance and college funds and things of that sort," said Dave Holloway.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Family-reacts-to-Natalee-Holloway-death/si37CD7pr0u7OY46xvqQhA.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »

Google translation

Well if they still have the money they swindled from psycho Mary for "bail", he can pay the civil damages off with that.  Wonder if that was the plan, or if they've spent it on "attorney fees" instead or other things?

It must be the "bail" money, because she wants the money returned.  Maybe this issue will be a turning point for her...maybe.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.