April 28, 2024, 12:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 370288 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 07:34:43 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/13/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Van Der Sloot Sentenced to 28 Years; Unbuckling the Bible Belt
Aired January 13, 2012 - 21:00   ET

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:41 AM »

I read a point on the last thread, I think by EURobert, regarding the trial of Joran's get-away cab drivers.  Aren't you all wondering what they could have talked about during that long drive?

I am.

Testimony, anyone?  

Remember when Joran told Greta van Sustern that he had a documented, signed deal to be paid out of the Kalpoe's lawsuit winnings?

Remember how they have his laptop now?  

Hey Deepak Kalpoe                    It hasn't been a good week for you.                            

Edit to change maroon to navy.  MB

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:13:46 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 07:53:52 AM »

an angelic monkey LIFESONG LIVES  an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »

Hey,

Is it just me... or did anyone else notice Mary Hamer's freaky deaky left index finger in the Anderson Cooper interview?

oooo weeeee!!! Get behind thee, Satan. It was skeery. The woman has many issues.

---

Still pleased with Joran's sentence! Like some others, I don't think he's going to be able to cope with it. His time is short.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »

I was checking out the new prison amenities.

Wow!

State of the art cement Sealy posturepedic bed. 1 sleep setting, so it's easy to remember. Hard as rock.

Also, a nice new 'squatty pottie'

Boy, if Joran has tummy troubles... he's quite in a pickle. ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

LOL.  I hope Joran's first night as a convicted murderer sentenced to 28 years was filled with many uncomfortable hours,and not just from the bed.  I hope he couldn't sleep b/c he has to keep a watchful eye, b/c he is haunted by all his victims, & b/c his new reality is all he's going to have for many years to come.

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »

Anderson has some of the clips up from his conversation with Sugar Mary

http://www.andersoncooper.com/videos/

Thanks Northern Rose!

http://www.allthingsandersoncooper.com/

There's a short clip of Anderson's addendum to the show with Mary where he talks about her sending him a copy of the email she sent asking for her money back.

You will have to scroll down...it's right under this

"As the program was taped, there was an addendum concerning van der Sloot at the end ~"

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/13/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Van Der Sloot Sentenced to 28 Years; Unbuckling the Bible Belt
Aired January 13, 2012 - 21:00   ET

Thanks Trimm!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »

What Did the News Papers in Aruba Have to Say About Joran Van der Sloot and his 28 Year Sentnce in Prison for the Death of Stephany Flores

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/01/14/what-did-the-news-papers-in-aruba-have-to-say-about-joran-van-der-sloot-and-his-28-year-sentnce-in-prison-for-the-death-of-stephany-flores/

Yesterday justice was finally provided in Peru in the murder of Stephany Flores. Joran Van der Sloot was finally held accountable for his actions for the first time in his life. Joran Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison.  Joran Van der Sloot was the primary suspect in the death and disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway when she went missing in Aruba in 2005. A question to those in Aruba … how does it feel to know you could have prevented Stephany’s murder and instead allowed a predator to walk free and murder again?

Mr. Mansur has been a guest numerous times on Scared Monkeys radio discussing Joran van der Sloot during the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba and the murder of Stephany Flores in Peru.

I followed the Joran affair pretty closely in Peru, and think the panel of 3 female judges did what was right.

Joran got what he deserved. The way he behaved in court must have convinced whomever still doubted his culpability that this man has absolutely no feelings, less of all remorse. Stefanie’s death was in the utmost degree cruel and I fear a paralell in Natalee’s case.

I think his next move will be to try to serve his sentence in Holland, depending on whatever treaty Peru may have with Holland in that respect.

Best regards to all of you
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/28-jaar-cel-voor-joran-van-der-sloot/

Google translation

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »

What Did the News Papers in Aruba Have to Say About Joran Van der Sloot and his 28 Year Sentnce in Prison for the Death of Stephany Flores

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/01/14/what-did-the-news-papers-in-aruba-have-to-say-about-joran-van-der-sloot-and-his-28-year-sentnce-in-prison-for-the-death-of-stephany-flores/

Yesterday justice was finally provided in Peru in the murder of Stephany Flores. Joran Van der Sloot was finally held accountable for his actions for the first time in his life. Joran Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison.  Joran Van der Sloot was the primary suspect in the death and disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway when she went missing in Aruba in 2005. A question to those in Aruba … how does it feel to know you could have prevented Stephany’s murder and instead allowed a predator to walk free and murder again?

Mr. Mansur has been a guest numerous times on Scared Monkeys radio discussing Joran van der Sloot during the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba and the murder of Stephany Flores in Peru.

I followed the Joran affair pretty closely in Peru, and think the panel of 3 female judges did what was right.

Joran got what he deserved. The way he behaved in court must have convinced whomever still doubted his culpability that this man has absolutely no feelings, less of all remorse. Stefanie’s death was in the utmost degree cruel and I fear a paralell in Natalee’s case.

I think his next move will be to try to serve his sentence in Holland, depending on whatever treaty Peru may have with Holland in that respect.

Thanks Red!  

Unless something changed with that extradition treaty as it went through the approval process, the reports back in May 2011 indicated that it was basically designed for those criminals convicted on drug charges to serve their sentences in their home country.  It was stated that the treaty was not intended for those criminals convicted of more serious offenses such as kidnapping and murder; which would exclude Joran from being eligible under the treaty.  I guess we'll see...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »

I LOVE IT!   

Good job Klaas!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Looking for something else, and came across this good one by Klaas!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »

Looking for something else, and came across this good one by Klaas!  

"..good one by Klaas"  is right!!    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »

Thanks Red!   

Unless something changed with that extradition treaty as it went through the approval process, the reports back in May 2011 indicated that it was basically designed for those criminals convicted on drug charges to serve their sentences in their home country.  It was stated that the treaty was not intended for those criminals convicted of more serious offenses such as kidnapping and murder; which would exclude Joran from being eligible under the treaty.  I guess we'll see...

I hope that still stands!!!

It's about time someone knocked that silver spoon out of his mouth!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »

From May 2011

(I know there are more articles about this, I'm looking)

http://peru21.pe/noticia/756260/acuerdo-beneficiaria-van-der-sloot

Google translation

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »

The Daily Beast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...r-in-peru.html

Snipped ...

This morning, the news broke in Peru’s local media that van der Sloot had access to a cellular phone and that he was in constant communication with his attorney and his benefactor: Dr. Mary Hamer, a radiologist from Florida. Hamer had made public her request to Peruvian president Ollanta Humala to release van der Sloot to her care, offering what she calls a “10-year Ghandi program” to rehabilitate him from his gambling and drug addictions.

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores. Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

Hat tip to Simplicity.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »

Guardian Angel' of Van der Sloot demanded her money back
 Mary Hamer's attorney had asked the murderer of Stephany Flores you back U.S. $ 72 000 which gave bail

The news of the condemnation of Joran Van der Sloot for the murder of Stephany Flores also reached Mary Hamer, the self-styled "guardian angel" of the Dutch. She would have demanded that he return the money to the process.

"Mary Hamer wants to hire me to denounce me for fraud Jimenez because he asked for U.S. $ 80 000 diciédole that (Joran van der Sloot) was out on bail. She wants his money back because she says she has not paid for it, "said attorney Max Highness, one of the defenders of Van der Sloot.

According to the report of the "At eleven o'clock," another of the lawyers of the Dutch, Luis Jimenez, had received a total of U.S. $ 72 thousand of Hamer to pay the bail of the confessed murderer, but in Peru there is no such process as collateral court.

According to the emails presented in the TV program, the lawyer would have responded to Mary Hamer that money invested in the cost of Van der Sloot. This paper revealed that the murderer of Stephany Flores purchased an apartment in the district of Magdalena for rent $ 1,500 per month.

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1360813/noticia-angel-guardian-van-der-sloot-exigio-que-le-devuelvan-dinero
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »

Van der Sloot could get out of jail in 8 years

::snipping2::

The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot could get out of jail in 8 years, if one takes into account that you can order probation once it meets one third of the sentence.

"To this we may deduct one year prison benefits that you can access for work or education. Theoretically you can go at 8 years in prison," said criminal lawyer Mario Amoretti to Diario 16.

Amoretti said that under the Criminal Procedure Code the judge will have to evaluate in advance if this is not a dangerous individual, if you are able to reintegrate into society and if he shows good behavior.

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/nacional/van-der-sloot-podria-salir-de-prision-en-8-anos,229158beeacd4310VgnVCM4000009bf154d0RCRD.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.