March 28, 2024, 08:52:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366610 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »

Guardian Angel' of Van der Sloot demanded her money back
 Mary Hamer's attorney had asked the murderer of Stephany Flores you back U.S. $ 72 000 which gave bail

The news of the condemnation of Joran Van der Sloot for the murder of Stephany Flores also reached Mary Hamer, the self-styled "guardian angel" of the Dutch. She would have demanded that he return the money to the process.

"Mary Hamer wants to hire me to denounce me for fraud Jimenez because he asked for U.S. $ 80 000 diciédole that (Joran van der Sloot) was out on bail. She wants his money back because she says she has not paid for it, "said attorney Max Highness, one of the defenders of Van der Sloot.

According to the report of the "At eleven o'clock," another of the lawyers of the Dutch, Luis Jimenez, had received a total of U.S. $ 72 thousand of Hamer to pay the bail of the confessed murderer, but in Peru there is no such process as collateral court.

According to the emails presented in the TV program, the lawyer would have responded to Mary Hamer that money invested in the cost of Van der Sloot. This paper revealed that the murderer of Stephany Flores purchased an apartment in the district of Magdalena for rent $ 1,500 per month.

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1360813/noticia-angel-guardian-van-der-sloot-exigio-que-le-devuelvan-dinero

He rented an apartment???

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »

http://www.generaccion.com/noticia/137883/vea-portadas-principales-diarios-peruanos-hoy-sabado-14-enero
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

Natalee Holloway's family Van der Sloot asked to be extradited

His lawyer asked to answer for the crime of the young and the crime of extortion

The murder charges against Joran Van der Sloot did not finish his sentence of 28 years in prison in Peru. On Friday the family of the girl Natalee Holloway, who disappeared six years ago on a beach in Aruba, announced that the Dutch extradition request to answer charges of extortion and suspected crime against a U.S. citizen.

John P. Kelly, attorney Beth Twitty (mother of the disappeared), told reporters shortly initiate legal action to bring Joran Van der Sloot to justice in Birmingham, Alabama.

"We hope the U.S. authorities extradite him to act fast. He has to answer federal charges pending and that the truth of what happened to Natalee in Aruba, "said the lawyer to the ABC television network.

::snipping2::

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1360812/noticia-familia-natalee-holloway-pedira-que-van-der-sloot-sea-extraditado
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »

Guardian Angel' of Van der Sloot demanded her money back
 Mary Hamer's attorney had asked the murderer of Stephany Flores you back U.S. $ 72 000 which gave bail

The news of the condemnation of Joran Van der Sloot for the murder of Stephany Flores also reached Mary Hamer, the self-styled "guardian angel" of the Dutch. She would have demanded that he return the money to the process.

"Mary Hamer wants to hire me to denounce me for fraud Jimenez because he asked for U.S. $ 80 000 diciédole that (Joran van der Sloot) was out on bail. She wants his money back because she says she has not paid for it, "said attorney Max Highness, one of the defenders of Van der Sloot.

According to the report of the "At eleven o'clock," another of the lawyers of the Dutch, Luis Jimenez, had received a total of U.S. $ 72 thousand of Hamer to pay the bail of the confessed murderer, but in Peru there is no such process as collateral court.

According to the emails presented in the TV program, the lawyer would have responded to Mary Hamer that money invested in the cost of Van der Sloot. This paper revealed that the murderer of Stephany Flores purchased an apartment in the district of Magdalena for rent $ 1,500 per month.

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1360813/noticia-angel-guardian-van-der-sloot-exigio-que-le-devuelvan-dinero

He rented an apartment???

That is the way it translated.  Would not surprise me that he thought he was getting out with his confession that did not work so well for him.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/webredacteurs-blog-proces-joran-de-finale/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »

The Passive Personality Principle of International Law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/joran-van-der-sloot-sentencing_n_1204663.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D127582

Joran Van Der Sloot Sentencing: Dutchman Slapped With 28 Years For Murder Of Stephany Flores

Earlier this week, Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel, told The Huffington Post that regardless of what van der Sloot was sentenced to in Peru, he would eventually be extradited to the U.S. for the alleged Holloway extortion plot and possibly her murder.

According to Griffith, the passive personality principle of international law allows a country to prosecute someone who has killed or injured an American citizen in a foreign country. In essence, jurisdiction is based on the nationality of the victim and not the location of the crime.

Griffith said that van der Sloot's alleged statements about Holloway, along with his previous confessions, are enough for U.S. authorities to bring a circumstantial murder case against him.

"There is no statute of limitations," Griffith said. "So even if he serves the max, he can still go on trial in the U.S."

Whether authorities in the U.S. will invoke the passive personality principle has yet to be decided.

~~~~~~

I had heard the talking heads speak of this, but never knew what is was actually called. Now I do.

*note*  over 2000 comments on this article, most of which are glad Joran is behind bars.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »

In conjunction:  Concurrent or Consecutive?

Anyone know what is meant by JQK's comment "in conjunction with"? Is he saying, in addition to?

I hope any sentence Joran might receive if he is tried, convicted and sentenced for in the US would be served consecutively (following) and not concurrently (at the same time as)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765#.TxHMRnrNmdm

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2012, 02:04:08 PM »

THERE IS MUCH TO BE DONE

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 103: I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

Beth Holloway to speak at Bristol Public Library
Published: January 14, 2012
Updated: January 14, 2012 - 1:03 PM

Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, will kick off this year’s Discovery Series at the Bristol Public Library, library officials are expected to announce Tuesday.

The Bristol Herald Courier has learned Holloway is slated to speak at the library in March. A private meet and greet session will be held before the lecture.

Holloway is expected to speak about keeping courage in times of adversity, as she dealt with the disappearance of her daughter, Natalee, during Natalee’s high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005, library officials said Saturday.

<snipped>

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/jan/14/beth-holloway-speak-bristol-public-library-ar-1611887/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »

Natalee Holloway declared legally dead
January 12, 2012 -- Updated 2241 GMT (0641 HKT)

<snipped>

On Thursday, she (Beth) told reporters while leaving the courtroom that she was upset by the judge's decision.

"Natalee's father wanted to see this through, and of course it makes me very sad," said Beth Holloway, who now works with groups and families of missing children.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/12/justice/alabama-natalee-holloway/index.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »

Very interesting articles jamcakes!   ::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »

Joran van der Sloot to tougher prison

Joran van der Sloot has been moved to a tougher prison in Peru. The 24-year-old Dutchman was Friday sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Peruvian millionaire daughter Stephany Flores. Her father had protested against the 'privileges' that Van de Sloot in jail would enjoy, like a cell phone and internet. He is now transferred to the prison Piedras Gordas, nicknamed "the Fat Stones", in the north of the capital Lima.

These include jail mafia bosses and those convicted of terrorism, there is a stricter regime. Van der Sloot comes to sit alone in a cell: he can be better controlled and no longer have such a phone, notify the authorities.

http://wereldnieuws.blog.nl/nederland/2012/01/14/joran-van-der-sloot-naar-strengere-gevangenis
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »

"Many privileges in cell '
 Usually are prisoners in Peru after their conviction of their sentence in prison where they already stuck. For the conviction of Van der Sloot's father of the victim complained about the privileges of his daughter's killer in his cell in the Castro Castro prison would have. Through his phone so he would have Internet access. Also, in his cell, a large TV and a Blu-ray player have reported the Peruvian television program A Las Once yesterday. The program claims the iPhone Van der Sloot in possession from which it would appear.

The heavily guarded Piedras Gordas prison located in the far north of the Peruvian capital Lima. Although the modern prison in Peru would be, the establishment has fallen into disrepute, because among other things, there would be drugs. Also captured were mobile phones and could include local media interviews.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2012/01/14/joran-van-der-sloot-overgeplaatst-naar-strengere-gevangenis/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »

http://www.nrc.nl/inbeeld/2012/01/14/joran-voor-de-rechter/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »

Joran transferred  VIDEO

http://www.zie.nl/video/algemeen/Joran-van-der-Sloot-overgeplaatst/m1fz4lkfstt9

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »

The Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores, was transferred to the prison Ancon I (Ex Piedras BBW), according to the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE).

In a statement, the institution said that Van der Sloot was taken "under strict security measures" at approximately 20:05 hours. "Security personnel went to the prison INPE target with said internal unreported occurrences novelty or on the way", says the document.

"Right now, Joran Van der Sloot is located in the observation area until the Board of Ancon prison classification I determine the final location, according to the assessment that you do," he concludes.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-14-trasladan-a-joran-van-der-sloot-a-piedras-gordas-noticia_440804.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »

Thanks Jamcakes

Why was The Passive Personality Principle not invokes in the Natalee Holloway case a long time ago.  What is the criteria?

Janet

++++++

The Passive Personality Principle

Joran Van Der Sloot Sentencing: Dutchman Slapped With 28 Years For Murder Of Stephany Flores
First Posted: 1/13/12 01:02 PM ET
Updated: 1/13/12 06:08 PM ET

<snipped>

Earlier this week, Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel, told The Huffington Post that regardless of what van der Sloot was sentenced to in Peru, he would eventually be extradited to the U.S. for the alleged Holloway extortion plot and possibly her murder.

According to Griffith, the passive personality principle of international law allows a country to prosecute someone who has killed or injured an American citizen in a foreign country. In essence, jurisdiction is based on the nationality of the victim and not the location of the crime.

Griffith said that van der Sloot's alleged statements about Holloway, along with his previous confessions, are enough for U.S. authorities to bring a circumstantial murder case against him.

"There is no statute of limitations," Griffith said. "So even if he serves the max, he can still go on trial in the U.S."

Whether authorities in the U.S. will invoke the passive personality principle has yet to be decided.

<snipped>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/joran-van-der-sloot-sentencing_n_1204663.html?icid=maing-grid7

Jurisdiction and Extradiction

NANCY GRACE
Judge Dismisses Holloway Suit
Aired August 11, 2006 - 20:00:00   ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: Well, the facts still remain that those are the last suspects known to be seen with Natalee alive. And everybody knows of their repeated lies that they told the authorities, even their father, Paulus Van Der Sloot. That`s why he was arrested. There was a reason that he was arrested in Natalee`s disappearance. It was not unwarranted whatsoever.

And you know -- and being dismissed in New York, it was on a procedure ruling.  Here again, jurisdiction.  We have faced that issue since May 30 of 2005.  Jurisdiction and extradition hve hit us in the face every time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0608/11/ng.01.html

Homeland Security?

Does Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez have his Eye on Aruba? Talk about bad for their Economy

If anyone wants to wonder why the US government never got more involved in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and why they did not take Aruba to task, they need only to look to the unstable leader of Venezuela for their answer. Hugo’s actions directly affect American's homeland security decisions.

Posted February 23, 2007 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/02/23/does-venezuelan-president-hugo-chavez-have-his-eye-on-aruba-talk-about-bad-for-their-economy/

s.t.

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »

Joran’s Guardian Angel: ‘Mr. Van Der Sloot Will Present His Thesis Of Peace To The Peruvian People And The World’

In light of Wednesday's confession to the murder of Stephany Flores, Joran van der Sloot now faces a prison sentence that could be far less than if he had gone to trial, but his self-professed "guardian angel" wants him to be released all together, claiming that in 2022 Joran will be presenting “his thesis of peace to the world.”

Mary Hamer, of Lake City, Florida, who has been paying the Dutchman's legal fees during his incarceration in Lima's Castro Castro prison, wrote a letter of appeal on Thursday to Peruvian President Ollanta Humala asking for Joran to be placed in her care.

"My humble request for clemency and mercy for honest and sincere statement of confession of Joran van der Sloot. Please release Mr. van der Sloot to me for 10 years Gandhi Nonviolence Program," wrote Hamer, in Spanish.

"In 2022, Mr. van der Sloot will present his thesis of peace to the Peruvian people and the world."

Joran’s Guardian Angel: ‘Mr. Van Der Sloot Will Present His Thesis Of Peace To The Peruvian People And The World’Joran’s Guardian Angel: ‘Mr. Van Der Sloot Will Present His Thesis Of Peace To The Peruvian People And The World’ 18 25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Jan 12, 2012 @ 12:30PM   print it send it
PolarisBy Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter

In light of Wednesday's confession to the murder of Stephany Flores, Joran van der Sloot now faces a prison sentence that could be far less than if he had gone to trial, but his self-professed "guardian angel" wants him to be released all together, claiming that in 2022 Joran will be presenting “his thesis of peace to the world.”

Mary Hamer, of Lake City, Florida, who has been paying the Dutchman's legal fees during his incarceration in Lima's Castro Castro prison, wrote a letter of appeal on Thursday to Peruvian President Ollanta Humala asking for Joran to be placed in her care.

"My humble request for clemency and mercy for honest and sincere statement of confession of Joran van der Sloot. Please release Mr. van der Sloot to me for 10 years Gandhi Nonviolence Program," wrote Hamer, in Spanish.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot's Bloody Clothing

"In 2022, Mr. van der Sloot will present his thesis of peace to the Peruvian people and the world."

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Florida-based radiologist believes that van der Sloot was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder when he killed Flores in a hotel room on May 30, 2010, the five-year anniversary of the date an Alabama teen went missing in Aruba, for which van der Sloot was arrested twice in connection with, but never charged.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot In Custody

In another startling message, Hamer asks the Peruvian president if there is a plot to kill 24-year-old Joran before he is sentenced.

"Is it true that a prison official INPE Castro ordered the assassination of Joran Van der Sloot on Friday January 13 to January 17?" she wrote in an e-mail that she then sent to RadarOnline.com.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-guardian-angel-appeal-release-prison-assassination-plot
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »

Hamer traveled to Lima in December and was able to visit the prison on one occasion, but was turned away on the following days. She pays for van der Sloot’s legal fees and sends him money regularly, although today she sent an email to a handful of journalists in which she demanded that Jimenez reimburse the money she had put forward for what she calls “bail”—except van der Sloot was never given a bail option. She may be referring to the civil reparation fine, which matches the amount she wired. In all exchanges, van der Sloot used an email address in the name of Sidney Ewing. Hamer was unavailable for comment.

Today’s local news reported that van der Sloot enjoys “special privileges” behind bars, specifically a 42-inch television, a Wii or Nintendo game system, and a cellphone with Internet connection.
After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores. Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

Despite the long sentence, of which van der Sloot has already served two years, about a dozen Peruvians rallied outside the courthouse, shouting, “Let him rot! Life imprisonment!” One sign read: “JVDS if you had committed this crime in the U.S., you would have gotten the electric chair.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/11/van-der-sloot-pleads-guilty-to-killing-peru-woman/

Men protest against Joran van der Sloot outside San Pedro prison where his murder trial is held in Lima, Peru, Wednesday Jan. 11, 2012. Van der Sloot pleaded guilty on Wednesday to the 2010 murder of a 21-year-old Peruvian woman he met at a Lima casino who was killed five years to the day of the unsolved disappearance in Aruba of an American teen in which he remains the main suspect. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/11/van-der-sloot-pleads-guilty-to-killing-peru-woman/#ixzz1jSuvtDLM

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »

Could it be that the reason The Passive Personality Principle has not be invoked in the Natalee Holloway case is the same reason that the Phil McGraw's defence attorneys are not being afforded documentation in the defamation lawsuit?  The reason?  The Natalee Holloway case is not officially closed.

Janet

+++++

STILL SUSPECTS in Holloway case

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.