March 29, 2024, 03:38:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366724 times)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »

Hi everyone!! I've been here -- just reading mostly. I guess it all now boils down to how we can extract where Natalee is from Joran before he is "offed" in Peru. I'm afraid that window is rapidly closing.

Two opinions of mine:

First, I don't think Joran knows what happened to Natalee's remains. I think Papa Sloot took that to the grave with him.  If that was her in the trap in the bottom of the ocean, then some Aruban authorities have the answer as well.

Second, I personally think that the timing of Natalee being declared legally dead in Birmingham has a lot to do with how and when he will be brought back to Alabama for that trial. Before she was missing and now she is dead - legally- wouldn't that allow for a murder trial?

My opinions only.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »

Hi everyone!! I've been here -- just reading mostly. I guess it all now boils down to how we can extract where Natalee is from Joran before he is "offed" in Peru. I'm afraid that window is rapidly closing.

Two opinions of mine:

First, I don't think Joran knows what happened to Natalee's remains. I think Papa Sloot took that to the grave with him.  If that was her in the trap in the bottom of the ocean, then some Aruban authorities have the answer as well.

Second, I personally think that the timing of Natalee being declared legally dead in Birmingham has a lot to do with how and when he will be brought back to Alabama for that trial. Before she was missing and now she is dead - legally- wouldn't that allow for a murder trial?

My opinions only.
I think both are quite possible as well!!

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »

I wonder if Joran was warned not to eat the food b/cit could be poisoned.  When googling Cholo Payet, it seems one of his alleged crime partners was afraid to eat the prison food for fear of being poisoned. 

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »

Texasmom, I'm glad you posted what you read under the crossed out part of Joran's letter. Helps knowing what others see as well.

Boy, Idiot boy sure picked the wrong girls. Beth was/is a pitbull who will never stop trying to find Natalee. Stephanie's family has influence. Just look how fast he got moved to another prison after the mention of a press conference. It does how ever make me wonder if there are other victims who families were not there to fight so hard.

ITA Roxibalboa.  Think about it, Aruba...where even there own "missing" don't seem to matter at all so how many girls supposedly "ran away" never to be seen or heard from again; or if they survived never said anything because they knew he would never be held accountable...but they and their family would be ruined in the process!  Thailand...where Joran lived for what about TWO YEARS and they supposedly wanted to question him about some missing Thai girls...but never had the opportunity?  jmo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
RoxiBalboa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »

Sorry if this has already been posted. It's more talk after the Anderson show. Mary talks about Joran telling her about being spit on in prison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQa2FjhUCuw

Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2012, 03:11:13 PM »

So....... what's the opinion here? Will the U.S. get Joran extradited immediately for trial -- or will he have to serve his sentence in Peru completely first?

Hopefully they're working on that now.   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »

Mary might not get her money back--a strategy by Joran or a misunderstanding by her?   

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-15-benefactora-de-van-der-sloot-pide-devolucion-de-su-dinero-noticia_441028.html

Google translation

Van der Sloot benefactor refund requests
Sunday, January 15, 2012 | 24:48

Maria Hammer said that having been sentenced to prison, the Dutch did not have to pay a deposit, which is a legal guarantee for free but processed in Peru is not covered.

U.S. citizen Maria Hammer, benefactor of Joran Van der Sloot, asked to be reimbursed the $ 74,000 he donated to the 'bond' of the now convicted for the murder of Stephany Flores.

Hammer said that having been sentenced to prison, Van der Sloot will not pay a deposit, which is a legal guarantee for free but processed in Peru is not covered.

Jose Luis Jimenez's lawyer says Hammer donated the money and gave the Dutch freedom to use as it sees fit.

In a letter to Hammer, released by Panamericana TV, Joran Van der Sloot highlights the performance of his attorney, and regrets that she asks for the return of that money.

::snipping2::
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »

My opinions only.

I think there have been some behind the scenes manuevering that the public has not been privy to.

Under the Passive Personality Principle of International Law, if harm to or a murder of a US citizen occurs on foreign soil, then the suspect can be tried in the USA.  Now that NAH is legally declared dead, it's possible that a circumstantial murder charge could be filed.

According to key players and some sources that are much more in the know than I, much more will be coming down the pike and soon.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »

Here's my original post on the Passive Personality Principle from 1/14/2012

The Passive Personality Principle of International Law

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/joran-van-der-sloot-sentencing_n_1204663.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D127582

Joran Van Der Sloot Sentencing: Dutchman Slapped With 28 Years For Murder Of Stephany Flores

Earlier this week, Michael Griffith, senior partner at the International Legal Defense Counsel, told The Huffington Post that regardless of what van der Sloot was sentenced to in Peru, he would eventually be extradited to the U.S. for the alleged Holloway extortion plot and possibly her murder.

According to Griffith, the passive personality principle of international law allows a country to prosecute someone who has killed or injured an American citizen in a foreign country. In essence, jurisdiction is based on the nationality of the victim and not the location of the crime.

Griffith said that van der Sloot's alleged statements about Holloway, along with his previous confessions, are enough for U.S. authorities to bring a circumstantial murder case against him.

"There is no statute of limitations," Griffith said. "So even if he serves the max, he can still go on trial in the U.S."

Whether authorities in the U.S. will invoke the passive personality principle has yet to be decided.

Challapalca him!
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »

I wonder if Joran was warned not to eat the food b/cit could be poisoned.  When googling Cholo Payet, it seems one of his alleged crime partners was afraid to eat the prison food for fear of being poisoned. 
Hi Jamcakes, the Peruvian food is one of the most delicious foods I have ever eat in my hole life, their cuisine is very well appreciated by the tourists, even the food is poisoned believe me they will eat it, once you tried their food, you will want to eat more::MonkeyGavel:: He will probably receive special food... I believe that now he has been sentenced, lets wait for one or two years to hear in the news that he is not any longer alive .....
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »

Texasmom, I'm glad you posted what you read under the crossed out part of Joran's letter. Helps knowing what others see as well.

Boy, Idiot boy sure picked the wrong girls. Beth was/is a pitbull who will never stop trying to find Natalee. Stephanie's family has influence. Just look how fast he got moved to another prison after the mention of a press conference. It does how ever make me wonder if there are other victims who families were not there to fight so hard.

ITA Roxibalboa.  Think about it, Aruba...where even there own "missing" don't seem to matter at all so how many girls supposedly "ran away" never to be seen or heard from again; or if they survived never said anything because they knew he would never be held accountable...but they and their family would be ruined in the process!  Thailand...where Joran lived for what about TWO YEARS and they supposedly wanted to question him about some missing Thai girls...but never had the opportunity?  jmo

It was an Anniversary Killing.

That means there are at least 6 including Natalee.

As Robots would say:  "Bet the farm."

JMO and only MO.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/internacional-mainmenu-6/41946-joran-van-der-sloot-condena-na-28-ana-di-prison.html

Whether or not it was really him...   

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »

This morning, the news broke in Peru’s local media that van der Sloot had access to a cellular phone and that he was in constant communication with his attorney and his benefactor: Dr. Mary Hamer, a radiologist from Florida. Hamer had made public her request to Peruvian president Ollanta Humala to release van der Sloot to her care, offering what she calls a “10-year Ghandi program” to rehabilitate him from his gambling and drug addictions.

Hamer traveled to Lima in December and was able to visit the prison on one occasion, but was turned away on the following days. She pays for van der Sloot’s legal fees and sends him money regularly, although today she sent an email to a handful of journalists in which she demanded that Jimenez reimburse the money she had put forward for what she calls “bail”—except van der Sloot was never given a bail option. She may be referring to the civil reparation fine, which matches the amount she wired. In all exchanges, van der Sloot used an email address in the name of Sidney Ewing. Hamer was unavailable for comment.

Despite the long sentence, of which van der Sloot has already served two years, about a dozen Peruvians rallied outside the courthouse, shouting, “Let him rot! Life imprisonment!” One sign read: “JVDS if you had committed this crime in the U.S., you would have gotten the electric chair.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »

Hi Jamcakes, the Peruvian food is one of the most delicious foods I have ever eat in my hole life, their cuisine is very well appreciated by the tourists, even the food is poisoned believe me they will eat it, once you tried their food, you will want to eat more::MonkeyGavel:: He will probably receive special food... I believe that now he has been sentenced, lets wait for one or two years to hear in the news that he is not any longer alive .....

I was not implying anything against Peruvian food or even prison food not being nutritious, tasty or making one sick.

I was suggesting that a reason for Joran not eating was that he might believe that someone in prison could poison his particular food in order to kill him. Joran's new "room-mate's" co-conspirator believes the same thing about being killed in prison by poisoned food.

Challapalca him!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/will-joran-van-der-sloot-return-to-us-to-face-trial/

Will Joran van der Sloot return to US to face trial?

Last night, before appearing on the Dr. Drew Show on HLN I had a chance to speak with John Q. Kelly, the attorney for the mother of Natalee Holloway.

Kelly, a no-nonsense and brilliant former Federal prosecutor, filled me in on a plan to return Joran to the US to face wire fraud and extortion charges related to the Dutchman’s alleged attempt to sell the location of Natalee’s body for $250,000.

According to Kelly a plan is already in the works to bring Van der Sloot to Alabama within the next several months. Kelly told me that after the US trial and hopeful conviction on charges carrying a sentence of thirty years, he would then be returned to Peruvian custody.

I have to admit the plan seemed a little hair-brained when I first heard of it, but then I thought of the William Trickett Smith case. Smith is an American accused of murdering his wife in Peru. The US sent Smith back to Peru after authorities here felt Peru had accumulated enough evidence for a conviction. After all our two countries do have extradition treaties.

It is Kelly’s hope that after a trial in Alabama, van der Sloot would be sent back to Peru to serve his entire sentence there. That’s fifty-eight years in prison folks.

Whether this plan will pan out remains to be seen. But it would explain the calm demeanor of Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, in court during Van der Sloot’s sentencing. Was he aware of a secret legal strategy that could have Joran in prison for the rest of his life?

Sounds like a plan to me!!!   
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

In the article I posted about the Passive Personality Principle, an expert spoke on the possibility of a circumstantial murder case being constructed on Joran's own statements through the years and known facts.

They may not need the Aruban's case notes and, whatever evidence they manipulated, lost, destroyed or kept.

I remember hearing one of Natalee's loved ones (Jug I think) saying that the public would be surprised at all that they (NAH's loved ones) knew but couldn't say b/c of Aruban law regarding evidence admissability.  But since Aruba has done nothing, and the statute of limitations on the case is soon expiring in Aruba, this information could also be used in the construction of a circumstantial case in America.

They may not get a conviction on a circumstantial case, but in having to defend himself, some of the unanswered questions might be resolved.

Challapalca him!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »

Texasmom and everyone, here is the clip of Mary on the Anderson Cooper's show.

Select the videio "Anderson takes Mary to Task..."   Monkey Devil!

http://www.andersoncooper.com/videos/

Thanks for the link!   Mary is nuts.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »

If this file is too large, mods please fix it for me, TY.

It's a collage of the prison, more or less. Hopefully he won't enjoy the priviledges he has become accostomed to at Castro Castro. We shall see.

Link:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Natalee%20Holloway%20-Aruba%20---%20Stephany%20Flores%20-Peru/?action=view&current=Penal-de-Piedras-Gordas.jpg

Jamcakes, I am adding your fork pic to the archive, love it!

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »

Apparently Cole Thompson (Portrait of a Monster) is a member of Webslueth.

Janet

+++++

Yesterday, 04:54 PM 
Cole Thompson 

While I'm online I might as well share the email forwarded to me by Joran's former attorney, Max Altez. The email was sent to Joran's current attorney, Jose Luis Jimenez, by his "Guardian Angel," Mary Hamer.

This is the same woman who has accused my co-author and I of "Humanicide." (Apparently our book made Joran sad and exacerbated his post traumatic stress syndrome.)

In the email, Hamer demands that she be paid back the cash she allegedly paid out for Joran's defense. I did the math and it is almost exactly the same amount Joran was ordered to pay in restitution to the Flores family. Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

Thanks again for welcoming me on board.

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 1:09:10 AM
Subject: Public Declaration of Default on Returning Bail Money.

Dear Attorney Jimenez,

*I asked you to return my $74,910. bail money by today January 12th, 2012 by 3 PM. I just checked my Bank of America account on January 13th at 12 AM & there is no bail money in my account. I will now make a public declaration that the bail money is in default.

Thank you. Respectfully, Mary Hamer

Source: WEBSLEUTHS

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.