March 28, 2024, 02:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366587 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

<snipped>

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »

Well, I understood mother, father, Natalee Holloway, probation and random words.  I do get the impression that they said there was no proof Stephany was ever on Joran's laptop looking for anything.

I got that impression too.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2012, 07:24:14 PM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

This is what I thought as well until murder charges were filed for that man who killed his wife on their honeymoon in Australia.  Charges were filed here even though the crime happened in Australia and he was convicted.
And that was in Alabama - just so you know.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

This is what I thought as well until murder charges were filed for that man who killed his wife on their honeymoon in Australia.  Charges were filed here even though the crime happened in Australia and he was convicted.

Hi Anna I thought those pics of Peter would bring you out of lurking   

That Gabe Watson was charged here in Australia for manslaughter and served 18 months and then extradited to Alabama where he was tried and convicted again.

Some interesting points in the following article :

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/02/honeymoon_killer_gabe_watson_t.php

"Honeymoon Killer" Gabe Watson Tried Again For Australian Scuba Death of Newlywed Wife

By Chris Parker in homicide
Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:00 am

A dream come true turned into a nightmare for Tina Watson, who died for no apparent reason while diving in the Great Barrier Reef. On the verge of going to trial in Australia, her husband Gabe Watson plead guilty to manslaughter and served 18 months. Now he's in Alabama, where he's standing trial for murder...

There are no international rules about double jeopardy, so it's possible to try him here in America, so long as prosecutor can prove that Watson planned the murder before they left on their honeymoon

::snipping2::

He was extradited from Australia only after Alabama promised not to seek the death penalty.

Thanks, Trib

I see that part about planned in the U.S. before he left and wonder if the charge was predicated on that.  I hope not and that this would apply to the murder of an American where no charges were brought in the country in which it happened.  Guess I am just dreaming.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »

Well, I understood mother, father, Natalee Holloway, probation and random words.  I do get the impression that they said there was no proof Stephany was ever on Joran's laptop looking for anything.

So is it our Dutch or Spanish that's getting better, lol!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

And that was in Alabama - just so you know.

It surely was!  So that means they know all about how to do it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »

Hi Anna I thought those pics of Peter would bring you out of lurking   

That Gabe Watson was charged here in Australia for manslaughter and served 18 months and then extradited to Alabama where he was tried and convicted again.

Some interesting points in the following article :

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/02/honeymoon_killer_gabe_watson_t.php

"Honeymoon Killer" Gabe Watson Tried Again For Australian Scuba Death of Newlywed Wife

By Chris Parker in homicide
Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:00 am

A dream come true turned into a nightmare for Tina Watson, who died for no apparent reason while diving in the Great Barrier Reef. On the verge of going to trial in Australia, her husband Gabe Watson plead guilty to manslaughter and served 18 months. Now he's in Alabama, where he's standing trial for murder...

There are no international rules about double jeopardy, so it's possible to try him here in America, so long as prosecutor can prove that Watson planned the murder before they left on their honeymoon

He was extradited from Australia only after Alabama promised not to seek the death penalty.

Thanks, Trib

I see that part about planned in the U.S. before he left and wonder if the charge was predicated on that.  I hope not and that this would apply to the murder of an American where no charges were brought in the country in which it happened.  Guess I am just dreaming.

Anna---I did not follow his case to the final Alabama conclusion, but I remember that, yes, it was predicated on his premeditating her murder prior to their marriage/honeymoon---I remember her father was very adamant in his belief of this, early on.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »

Jan 13, 2012
Joran Van der Sloot gets 28 years for Peru killing

<snipped>

The victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the verdict that Van der Sloot was enjoying favorable conditions in a Lima prison, where he has been living apart from the general population and foreigners with money can buy superior treatment, the Associated Press reports.

"A jail isn't a 5-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Let's hope the authorities take that into account and not just in our case."

"Since the first day we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" that Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail. He said he would present evidence of this at a news conference on Monday.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-gets-xx-year-sentence-for-peru-killing/1?csp=34news

I am anticipating what Ricardo Flores will reveal at tomorrow's media conference in regards to his investigation encompassing Joran van der Sloots privileges within the Peruvian prison system.

A serious game of Scrabble awaits with daughter.  The loser treats the other to the movie "War Horse" later this evening.

Good Night.

Janet
5:55 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

I've wondered if this is an old article...a mistake...or what...  

but this is what it says.

According to this article Joran wasn't planning on showing up in court on Friday!

You think he thought it might be bad luck?    Monkey Devil!

Looks like they may have been trying to pull another fast one, but apparently his plan failed.  I wondered why he wore that simple green T-shirt to his sentencing after he'd at least worn a dress shirt to the other proceedings...  Maybe because he wasn't planning on going?  But the guards showed up and took him anyway?

Anita confirmed the information that Joran was not going to court.  

I'd wondered from what I could understand of the article what was "according to the mama of Joran" so I typed it out and ran it through the translator.

http://issuu.com/boletinextra/docs/diabierna_13_januari_2012?mode=window&pageNumber=1

Solo di Pueblo (Aruba)

January 13, 2012 Page 12

Papiamentu translation:  

according mother of joran van der sloot: joran will do not present for his caso today in corte at peru

sta. cruz – joran van der sloot will is the great ausente (missing person) today diabierna hour cu his caso come fast one huez peruvian. only the abogadonan, fiscal y huez will is present in the caso cu will wordo deal in jail self. the irony is cu in the caso here while cu the is wordo deal in the jail where cu joran is close, the self will do not present. this owing to stay confirma for mother of joran vd sloot. according mother of joran, the intencion is cu the advocate of joran, jimenez will haci one presentacion y will have one proposicion at huez for cu his cliente joran vd sloot. do not conoci kico the proposicion here is. thing is haci the caso more interesting here is cu while cu the week here is cuminsa cu tratamento of the caso, the same hueznan cu is cuminsa cu the caso, is wordo reemplaza end of the same month here. esey is place cu will can surgi one retraso again for continuacion of owing to tratamento of the caso y advocate of joran, jimenez wanted earn time in this. the encuentro here will is the first for her caso of joran vd sloot fast hueznan y is the intencion for her fiscalnan in the caso asi ask one cantidad of ana for joran vd sloot for thing the is wordo acusa of dje. this is the asesinato on the peruvian stephany flores. have informacion cu is circula cu the cantidad of ana cu is wordo ask for joran is 30 ana.
apparently have one cantidad of journalist internacional is viahando for peru for is present for her caso here. the mature cu joran v.d. sloot self will do not present, do not haci this less interesting for they. can count ; cu have assure one cantidad big of journalist dutch y americano cu is on plane for they can presencia today diabierna for they can raporta the caso here. self instant owing to comprende cu have one battalion of journalist at caminda or at peru end for her caso, cu according the advocate jimenez, do not wait for great cos today diabierna. is one simple proceso cu will take lugar where cu neither joran will is present. do not conoci pakico joran do not present. this is cortesia of la prensa of corsou! come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »

Come across!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »

http://issuu.com/boletinextra/docs/diabierna_13_januari_2012?mode=window&pageNumber=1

Solo di Pueblo (Aruba)

January 13, 2012

Front Page

Page 4

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »

It stated in that article that it was courtesy of La Prensa in Curacao...they ran it too.

But they ran it on the 3rd of January.

http://www.laprensacur.com/aruba/23-aruba/27308-su-mama-a-confirma-noticia-ayera-joran-vd-sloot-lo-no-ta-presente-pa-su-caso-diabierna-na-peru.html

his mother owing to confirma news ayera; joran vd sloot will do not present for his caso diabierna at peru

tuesday, 03 january 2012 19:27

administrator oranjestad – joran van der sloot will is the great ausente diabierna now hour cu his caso come fast one judge peruvian y wordo deal. is only the abogadonan, fiscal y judge will is present in the caso here cu will wordo deal in jail self. the irony is cu in the caso here while cu the is wordo deal in the jail where cu joran is close, the self will do not present. this owing to stay confirma yesterday for own mother of joran vd sloot. according mother of joran, the intencion is cu the advocate of joran, jimenez will haci one presentacion y haci in this one proposicion at judge for cu his cliente joran vd sloot. do not conoci if kico the proposicion here is. thing is haci the caso more interesting here is cu while cu the week here is ‘cuminsa’ cu the tratamento of the caso, the same huesnan cu is cuminsa cu the caso, is wordo remplasa end of the same month here. that is place cu will can surgi one retraso again for continuacion of the tratamento of the caso, y jimenez wanted earn time in this. the ‘encuentro’ here will is the first for her caso of joran vd sloot fast huesnan, y is the intencion for her fiscalnan in the caso here ask one cantidad of year substancial for joran vd sloot for her thing the is wordo acusa of dje, cu is asesinato on the peruvian stephany flores. have informacion cu is circula cu the cantidad of year cu is wordo ask for vd sloot is 30 year. mirando the desaroyo of the week here, can owing to compronde also cu have one cantidad of journalist internacional is biahando for peru the week here for is present for her caso here. the mature cu vd sloot self will do not present, do not haci this less interesting for they. can count ; cu have assure one cantidad big of journalist dutch y mericano cu is on plane end cu owing to confirma they presencia for diabierna now for they can raporta the caso here. self instant owing to compronde cu have one battalion of journalist at caminda or at peru end for her caso, cu according the advocate jimenez, do not wait for great cos diabierna now. is one simple proceso cu will take lugar where cu neither joran will is present. do not conoci pakico joran do not present if.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »

Only in Aruba...    Monkey Devil!

::boxingjoran::

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:24 PM »

Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts.

Do you think they care that the Dutchruban Playboy candyass is refusing to eat his duck jerky rice and carrots?

No... uh uh. They don't care.

You know who also doesn't care? Me.

I wish Stephany could eat today... I wish Natalee could eat today.

Go ahead, Joran.... punish them for taking away your toys and sticking you in a new scary place.

It no worky, in Peru, bro. Your PETULANCE is so 2005. Welcome to the real world.

It began for you on January 13, 2012.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

http://issuu.com/boletinextra/docs/diasabra_14_januari_2012

Solo di Pueblo (Aruba)

January 14, 2012

Front Page

Page 2

Page 4

Page 5

Page 7

Page 11

Page 27

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts.

Do you think they care that the Dutchruban Playboy candyass is refusing to eat his duck jerky rice and carrots?

No... uh uh. They don't care.

You know who also doesn't care? Me.

I wish Stephany could eat today... I wish Natalee could eat today.

Go ahead, Joran.... punish them for taking away your toys and sticking you in a new scary place.

It no worky, in Peru, bro. Your PETULANCE is so 2005. Welcome to the real world.

It began for you on January 13, 2012.

::justice2NJ::

Spoiled brat tactics   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »

I forgot it earlier, but I also understood them mention Joran's father smuggling a cellphone into him while he was in jail in Aruba.

(Peter R. DeVries on Pauw & Witteman Jan 11th)

http://youtu.be/e-AqZFKiDUY

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/131503/joran_van_der_sloots_sentence

Joran van der Sloot's Sentence Isn't Justice for All (PHOTOS)

Posted by Cynthia Dermody on January 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

."Joran van der Sloot, you may leave the hall," the Peruvian tribunal said today right after it was determined he would serve 28 years in jail for killing Stephany Flores. Of course, this sentence also gave us here in America a very deep satisfaction in knowing that in some small, indirect way, he is finally going to pay for what most of us believe he did to Natalee Holloway.

The verdict today, two years short of the maximum (which is baffling), had nothing to do with the Holloway case. Her name was invoked in the sentencing, however, when the judge made mention of van der Sloot's suspicion in her disappearance, to which van der Sloot just sat there with his cold, expressionless face. This is not meant to take away from the vindication of Flores' family and her spirit today. This is a victory for the people of Peru and for the Flores family for the horrible crime that was committed against her. But Natalee's presence was there in that courtroom today, too.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »

Anna, Australia a civilized country unlike the other place Aruba.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.