March 29, 2024, 04:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366740 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »

This is what I thought as well until murder charges were filed for that man who killed his wife on their honeymoon in Australia.  Charges were filed here even though the crime happened in Australia and he was convicted.

Hi Anna I thought those pics of Peter would bring you out of lurking   

That Gabe Watson was charged here in Australia for manslaughter and served 18 months and then extradited to Alabama where he was tried and convicted again.

Some interesting points in the following article :

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/02/honeymoon_killer_gabe_watson_t.php

"Honeymoon Killer" Gabe Watson Tried Again For Australian Scuba Death of Newlywed Wife

By Chris Parker in homicide
Friday, February 4, 2011 at 9:00 am

A dream come true turned into a nightmare for Tina Watson, who died for no apparent reason while diving in the Great Barrier Reef. On the verge of going to trial in Australia, her husband Gabe Watson plead guilty to manslaughter and served 18 months. Now he's in Alabama, where he's standing trial for murder...

There are no international rules about double jeopardy, so it's possible to try him here in America, so long as prosecutor can prove that Watson planned the murder before they left on their honeymoon

::snipping2::

He was extradited from Australia only after Alabama promised not to seek the death penalty.

Thanks, Trib

I see that part about planned in the U.S. before he left and wonder if the charge was predicated on that.  I hope not and that this would apply to the murder of an American where no charges were brought in the country in which it happened.  Guess I am just dreaming.

Found this summary of happenings and it seems the insurance money being increased and made out to Gabe as sole beneficiary before their marriage was the catalyst for the preplanned theory :

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Tina_Watson

Death of Tina Watson

This article is about the death of Christina Mae Watson née Thomas, known as Tina to her family and often called Christina in Australia. She was a 26-year- old American woman from Alabama. She died on her honeymoon on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia in 2003. She had only been married to her husband, David Gabriel "Gabe" Watson, for 11 days when she died. The doctor who performed the autopsy said she drowned in a scuba diving accident.[1] Six years later, Gabe Watson was charged for murder and manslaughter. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sent to prison for a year by an Australian court.[2] Six months were added to the prison sentence after an appeal that took place just six weeks later. The appeal was held as soon after the trial as possible because of concerns raised by Tina's father with the trial itself. However, the appeal judges agreed with the trial judge on most of the issues except the six month increase in the prison sentence.

Tina's father testified that, immediately before their wedding, Gabe had asked Tina to increase her life insurance policy to the maximum possible and make him the sole beneficiary. He also said that several hundreds of thousands of dollars of insurance money after Tina's death until they named him as a possible murder suspect

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=10884

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2012, 12:12:46 AM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

This is what I thought as well until murder charges were filed for that man who killed his wife on their honeymoon in Australia.  Charges were filed here even though the crime happened in Australia and he was convicted.
Anna, Australia a civilized country unlike the other place Aruba.

And we are not pushovers either as we denied Joran's application to enter Australia some time after he left Aruba following Natalee's disappearance

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:51 AM »

It should be an interesting meeting. 

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/98090-om-mogelijk-naar-peru-voor-ondervraging-joran

Google translation

OM possible to Peru for questioning Joran
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:50

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) in Aruba plans to travel to Peru for Joran back to question about the evening in 2005 when Natalee Holloway disappeared. Joran is possible, now that he has a long prison sentence, but the truth.

This Taco Stein, Advocate General of the Public Amigoe to let you know. Certainly it's not a date, and is certainly not punctured. "For now just let him stew in his," says Stein. The Advocate General thinks Joran, he is now a long imprisonment for the murder of Stephany Flores, may decide to be honest about what happened on that fateful night when Natalee vanished. Joran was the last person seen with her. He was repeatedly arrested and detained and later made ​​several confessions on that evening but then pulled back. Due to lack of physical evidence was Joran never charged for this. However, he still considered the prime suspect.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2012, 12:36:50 AM »

Google translation

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) in Aruba plans to travel to Peru for Joran back to question about the evening in 2005 when Natalee Holloway disappeared. Joran is possible, now that he has a long prison sentence, but the truth.

This Taco Stein, Advocate General of the Public Amigoe to let you know. Certainly it's not a date, and is certainly not punctured. "For now just let him stew in his," says Stein. The Advocate General thinks Joran, he is now a long imprisonment for the murder of Stephany Flores, may decide to be honest about what happened on that fateful night when Natalee vanished. Joran was the last person seen with her. He was repeatedly arrested and detained and later made ​​several confessions on that evening but then pulled back. Due to lack of physical evidence was Joran never charged for this. However, he still considered the prime suspect.

He'll probably give him an ultimatum, bring him some take out food or he won't see him.   

I won't get my hopes up on this one.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »

Frankly, I don't know how they could file muder charges in the USA as the evidence of the
" investigation" and all the rest of the paperwork is in Aruba and some possibly in NL. Unless there is something I am not comprehending. Or missed. Or as was suggested is going on behind the scenes. Last I read, Aruba still had the investigation open. I could see a civil suit if they can get him in the USA when and if they can get him to Alabama to serve him.
I just get tired of him and his schemes to make money from information or exclusive interviews regarding two murders. Never mind how much persons donated willingly to him.
What kind of life path is this that is rewarded by the strange world we live in.?

Anna, Australia a civilized country unlike the other place Aruba.

And we are not pushovers either as we denied Joran's application to enter Australia some time after he left Aruba following Natalee's disappearance

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2012, 12:57:52 AM »

Google translation

He'll probably give him an ultimatum, bring him some take out food or he won't see him.   

BBM

Yeah, that's it!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2715979/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-verwacht-hoger-beroep.html

Google translation

Joran lawyer expects appeal
Last Updated: January 16, 2012 6:35

AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot is almost certainly going to appeal against his sentence of 28 years in prison for the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores.

"I expect that Joran will walk this road," said his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro. Monday is a decision on, does the lawyer.

The lawyer, Van der Sloot was last Friday after the meeting said. Subsequently, the Dutch moved from the Miguel Castro Castro prison to Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima.

According to Jimenez, there is not much difference in the new regime in prison. Well this weekend was the lawyer until Monday to hear that he could go along with his client because the current regime in Piedras Gordas visitors.

Jimenez is Monday morning (local time) with Van der Sloot discuss a possible appeal. "The punishment he got was exaggerated," says the lawyer.

It may also take months before the appeal, which has no public hearings, to start.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2012, 02:28:27 AM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2012, 03:13:15 AM »

Google translation

Anybody can ask him anything they want, but unless he thinks he can benefit from telling the truth, he won't. I'm not sure he knows where Natalee ended up. Maybe Paulus was stupid enough to tell him, maybe not. I still say, the best we could hope for is for someone to orchestrate a deal with the prisoners and/or guards at the prison to convincingly threaten Joran in this way: "You tell where Natalee's body is and you live. You don't tell, you die. You have one week for some remains to be recovered from the information you give, or you die. You have ONE false start and that costs you a testicle." That might work, but if it didn't, then I'd want them to follow through with the "arrangement." Actually, even if it did work, following through is a good idea, IMO.   

Sgt.York
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »

I knew it.
When I head there were three female judges, I knew this would be a disaster.

He got 28 years but will likely serve much less due to Peru's statutory good time credits. Those convicted of murder are eligible for parole after serving 1/3 of their sentence. In addition, if they work or take educational programs, they get one day off for every two days spent in the program.

A trollish-faced 6-foot-4 rapist murdering psychopath? How could any woman resist? Women love psychopaths; they find them endearing. And "OMG-GIGGLE!" he's 6-foot-4 and a "bad-boy!" I'm amazed one the female judges didn't sentence him to house-arrest and offer to let him stay with her. In addition to the ridiculously light sentence from these female judges, he has received hundreds of love letters from adoring women. Reportedly, when he was in Asia, women were chasing him like he was a rock star. A florida medical doctor - Dr. Mary Hamer, a divorced radiologist - has become smitten with him and has been paying for his lawyers, sending him care packages, visiting him in prison, buying him clothes. From the way women wet their panties over this guy, Joran is apparently God's gift to women. It would be amusing if there weren't two dead girls (that we know of). I only hope that the USA will extradite him for wire fraud - when he gets out of jail 8 years - and that he gets a judge of the masculine persuasion and not some giggling blushing affirmative action appointment.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »

I knew it.

He got 28 years but will likely serve much less due to Peru's statutory good time credits. Those convicted of murder are eligible for parole after serving 1/3 of their sentence. In addition, if they work or take educational programs, they get one day off for every two days spent in the program.

A trollish-faced 6-foot-4 rapist murdering psychopath? How could any woman resist? Women love psychopaths; they find them endearing. And "OMG-GIGGLE!" he's 6-foot-4 and a "bad-boy!" I'm amazed one the female judges didn't sentence him to house-arrest and offer to let him stay with her. In addition to the ridiculously light sentence from these female judges, he has received hundreds of love letters from adoring women. Reportedly, when he was in Asia, women were chasing him like he was a rock star. A florida medical doctor - Dr. Mary Hamer, a divorced radiologist - has become smitten with him and has been paying for his lawyers, sending him care packages, visiting him in prison, buying him clothes. From the way women wet their panties over this guy, Joran is apparently God's gift to women. It would be amusing if there weren't two dead girls (that we know of). I only hope that the USA will extradite him for wire fraud - when he gets out of jail 8 years - and that he gets a judge of the masculine persuasion and not some giggling blushing affirmative action appointment.

Sgt. York -

In 2008, he was judged by 3 panel of men. They threw Joran back in the sea to grow into a bigger monster and kill once again!

When I say these guys did absolutely nothing. I don't think I'm exaggerating.

I think these 3 women in Peru did a pretty thorough job. They laid a nice thick foundation for the US courts to conduct a second
fly over to drop a couple of nice big fat poop bombs on him.

He's been charged with two more crimes. Extortion and bank fraud, 20 years and 30 years, respectively.

He will be getting many more years.imo

In Joran's latest psych profile from Peru, the doctor says Joran likes to diddle himself three times a week. I'm thinking that number is going to be revised?

The took away his X-Box.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Sgt.York
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:27 AM »

Sexist comments usually come from those who have no comprehension on how to make judgements in the first place. How ironic. That's how much time I'll spend on that! Now moving on to the more important part of how URINE is, and was STUPID ENOUGH to put the first NAIL IN HIS OWN COFFIN.

KEEP DIGGIN URINE...THE HOLE KEEPS GETTIN BIGGER

SWEET HOME ALABAMA

KEEPTHEFAITH

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2012, 06:46:22 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »

Hi KTF!

I think this will come full circle and shape up nicely.

Wouldn't it be great if Joran's new home for the rest of his pathetic days was at...

William E Donaldson Facility
www.alabama.gov/
100 Warrior Lane  Bessemer, AL 35023-7228

If Joran was owned by Natalee's Alabama.

I think the Flores family would be okay with it... because Joran will never get out, even if he's a good boy.

Anita would like it because they have meditation classes where Joran could get in touch with his inner anger.

I think Beth might like it... because from time to time... she can run over to Bessemer and torture Joran with a 3 Muskateers. (love her spirit)

Yes, yes, I like it when things come full circle. I hope it happens soon. I would choose April 2012, if I could.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »

Google translation

Send him a Snickers bar along with an airline ticket to Birmingham, Alabama.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

I knew it.

One comment to this...I thought the maximum sentence that could be given by these "Chickas" was 30 years. They gave him 28. Seems pretty strong to me.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

I knew it.

One comment to this...I thought the maximum sentence that could be given by these "Chickas" was 30 years. They gave him 28. Seems pretty strong to me.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »

Hey,

Is it just me... or did anyone else notice Mary Hamer's freaky deaky left index finger in the Anderson Cooper interview?

oooo weeeee!!! Get behind thee, Satan. It was skeery. The woman has many issues.

---

Still pleased with Joran's sentence! Like some others, I don't think he's going to be able to cope with it. His time is short.

It's not just you...something is wrong with that finger...maybe a fungus?   

snipped

Perhaps it is Hammer Finger 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.