April 26, 2024, 06:28:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 369703 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »

::justice2NJ::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2012, 10:36:53 AM »

It should be an interesting meeting. 

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/98090-om-mogelijk-naar-peru-voor-ondervraging-joran

Google translation

OM possible to Peru for questioning Joran
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:50

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) in Aruba plans to travel to Peru for Joran back to question about the evening in 2005 when Natalee Holloway disappeared. Joran is possible, now that he has a long prison sentence, but the truth.

This Taco Stein, Advocate General of the Public Amigoe to let you know. Certainly it's not a date, and is certainly not punctured. "For now just let him stew in his," says Stein. The Advocate General thinks Joran, he is now a long imprisonment for the murder of Stephany Flores, may decide to be honest about what happened on that fateful night when Natalee vanished. Joran was the last person seen with her. He was repeatedly arrested and detained and later made ​​several confessions on that evening but then pulled back. Due to lack of physical evidence was Joran never charged for this. However, he still considered the prime suspect.

::snipping2::

This is, imo, just another bluster tactic by Aruba.  Taco said the same thing right after Joran was arrested in Peru in 2010.  Aruba already knows and has the answers.  I even think they have Natalee's remains. Maybe now Aruba will find some way for some of those remains to be found, so they can untarnish their reputation in light of the new circumstances.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years

The legal analysts all said he couldn't even apply for parole until after he serves at least 1/3 of his sentence - so he could apply after 8 years. 

Of course Joran would have to behave himself.  And that is beyond Joran's capability if we look at his past actions and read his psych profile.

He got into altercations all his life.  And in KIA we heard of his fighting.  We heard rumors of him fighting in Castro Castro too.

I seriously doubt Joran can behave. And I seriously Joran would be paroled after 8 years (it is an application process that can be denied) even if he lives that long.

jmo

Challapalca him!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »

The Final Judgement of Joran van der Sloot

Most notorious example was the trial held in the prison Miguel Castro Castro, earlier this year is the case of Dutch murderer Joran van der Sloot, who is sentenced to 28 years in prison, and apparently live in a golden prison surrounded by other psychopaths blinding enjoy that as he lives.

http://www.24horas.com.pe/panorama/locales/99409-el-juicio-final-de-joran-van-der-sloot

Video with article has footage I have not seen before

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

Joran lawyer expects appeal

Last Updated: January 16, 2012 9:32 info. AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot is almost certainly going to appeal against his sentence to 28 years in prison for the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores.

"I expect that Joran will walk this road," said his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro. Monday is a decision on, does the lawyer.

The lawyer, Van der Sloot was last Friday after the meeting said. Subsequently, the Dutch moved from the Miguel Castro Castro prison to Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima.

Here, according to the Peruvian department of the prison regime a stricter rule than in his old stomping ground. As Van der Sloot would have had privileges.

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2715979/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-verwacht-hoger-beroep.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

"When I talk with the media, Joran is punished"

"I want to process, but I do not know when. I can not be gone forever because of my work, "let Mary know Hamer by telephone from her home in Florida Amerilcaanse. Hammer radiologist in Lake City. She received her patients in a practice that she shares with several doctors, if shows you the number of her work rotates. That number is fairly easy to detect if you google on Mary Hammer, radiologist and Lake City, Florida. Mary Hammer Revue is to speak from her office and gives her home phone for an interview. But then there is a hitch: the talk show star of CNN reporter Anderson Cooper's agreement to sign them until January 15 with no other journalist talk, she tells the agreed time for the interview. Im so sorry, "it sounds on the other side of the line. And she means it. She rattles on five journalists who had promised them an interview and she loves it, all this attention. But not all goes through. Revu that a Dutch medium, Anderson Cooper has also not relent, said a disappointed Hamer. Apparently it pays the prestigious talk show and therefore stipulates exclusivity. If we are reports of recent times to be believed, is welcome, because Mary Hamer was broke because of the thousands of dollars they have for Joran van der Sloot's defense spending. Mary Hamer's articulate and very friendly. It is a somewhat ethereal woman who does not quickly loses control. Joran knows them since the Natalee Holloway case, but how they met Van der Sloot has said she did not. She is undoubtedly the mysterious woman - which Peruvian media at the beginning of Van der Sloot's detention scurried - who visited him in his cell and took things for him.

Mary Hammer was based on her meetings with Van der Sloot could tell you more, but it does not. "Joran is punished when I talk with the media. In the Peruvian media, I can not say any more anyway. That his lawyer has told me. This is very much to be. "When it is all over, there is at least time for her thorough Gandhi therapy.

http://www.revu.nl/2012/01/16/archief-als-ik-met-de-media-praat-wordt-joran-gestraft/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »

"Extradition to U.S. Joran is difficult '
 Joran van der Sloot was in Peru Friday sentenced to a term of 28 years for the murder of Stephany Flores. Beth Holloway, mother of missing Natalee from Alabama, hoping like many other Americans that Van der Sloot is now rapidly being extradited to the U.S. so he can be tried in America. Whether this will happen is another matter.

"We are totally at the mercy of the benevolence of the Peruvian government," says former Judge John Carroll from the American news WBRC. "The extradition can now only be settled through diplomatic channels through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs," said Carroll. The court is likely that the Peruvian government only wants to talk to as Van der Sloot has served his sentence. "

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3123488/2012/01/16/Uitlevering-Joran-van-der-Sloot-aan-VS-wordt-lastig.dhtml
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »

Last Updated: January 16, 2012 9:32 info. AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot is almost certainly going to appeal against his sentence to 28 years in prison for the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores.

"I expect that Joran will walk this road," said his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro. Monday is a decision on, does the lawyer.

The lawyer, Van der Sloot was last Friday after the meeting said. Subsequently, the Dutch moved from the Miguel Castro Castro prison to Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima.

Here, according to the Peruvian department of the prison regime a stricter rule than in his old stomping ground. As Van der Sloot would have had privileges.

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2715979/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-verwacht-hoger-beroepht.html

Appeal coming right up!

Credit:  Shutterstock

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: January 16, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2715979/advocaat-joran-van-sloot-verwacht-hoger-beroepht.html

Appeal coming right up!

Credit:  Shutterstock

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »

Joran come away with extortion Holloway family?

According to Algemeen Dagblad could Joran extradition to the United States ever escape. Extremely bad news, of course.

Indeed, when he is extradited is particularly likely to be a good number of years to get his pants for extortion by the family of Natalee Holloway. Although he is sentenced to 28 years cell in Peru, but he's probably only a part of it (something with good behavior, etc.).

Should he be tried in the U.S., then he launched when he was undoubtedly a very old man that no one - especially innocent women - can cause harm.

But so could sometimes be problematic. Very difficult even. The reason? They want him in America not prosecute for the murder of Holloway, but to blackmail her parents.

This would really be a great shame. Not only because Van der Sloot should be locked up as long as possible, but also because he simply has to be punished for his crimes. He has the parents of a murdered girl (or at least: a missing girl [before we receive emails from his lawyers]), extorting, he promised to them to ease their worries if they would give him some barrels. This gave them hope, hope that this chapter in their lives, they finally were able to close, they could have security and their daughter were appropriate (re-) burial.

http://www.dagelijksestandaard.nl/2012/01/komt-joran-weg-met-afpersing-familie-holloway
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

Where did the funds originated ... the funds to underwrite Joran van der Sloot's lifestyle within the walls of Miguel Castro Castro since June, 2010?  Maybe Ricardo Flores own investigation will shed some light on the issue today.

Janet

+++++

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/01/16/joran-van-der-sloot-sentenced-to-28-years-in-prison/

Joran van der Sloot Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison
Monday, January 16, 2012

“Losing the person that one loves most is not fair,” Ricardo Flores, the father of the victim, said. “On Monday, through our attorneys, we will be calling a press conference to let you know all the irregularities and all the things that have occurred during this trial [and] from the day this person has been arrested.”

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/01/16/joran-van-der-sloot-sentenced-to-28-years-in-prison/

Monday, January 16, 2012

“Losing the person that one loves most is not fair,” Ricardo Flores, the father of the victim, said. “On Monday, through our attorneys, we will be calling a press conference to let you know all the irregularities and all the things that have occurred during this trial [and] from the day this person has been arrested.”

Thanks Grace.

What is revealed in this press conference should be very interesting.  The question is what forces with power and finances are behind the "irregularities" that are benefiting Joran van der Sloot?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »

Monday, January 16, 2012

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years

NANCY GRACE
Joran Pleads Guilty to Murder in Peru
Aired January 11, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: ... Van Der Sloot yawning and laughing in court. What about it, Jane?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST, "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL": Well, I think that this was all highly orchestrated and it was a big farce, and he knew exactly what was going to happen when he walked into court. And there was some kind of behind-the-scenes deal.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »

Monday, January 16, 2012

Thanks Grace.

What is revealed in this press conference should be very interesting.  The question is what forces with power and finances are behind the "irregularities" that are benefiting Joran van der Sloot?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Janet

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »

Joran van der Sloot is evil personified.  How many more broken lives will this monster tidal wave leave in his wake before actual justice prevails ... actual justice that demands that that the scale balances.

Janet

+++++

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

<snipped>

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

“Mr. Flores wants peace for his family. The damage is done and it is beyond repair,” he continued.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=12557.260;num_replies=274

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 1:  It's early morning, and the house is quiet.  I'm still lying in bed, eyes closed.  I don't want to open them, because when I do, I'll have to face the day I've dreaded the most for the past twenty months.  Today I have to pack up Natalee's things for the last time.  Today I will have to say the final good-bye.  And I'm not ready.

Eyes still closed, I hear an occasional car pass in front of the house.  Another one stops across the street, and I hear the car door open, letting music and cheerful muffled voices escape for a moment.  Then close again.  The stillness in the house is interrupted by the harmonious tapping of little paws as Macy the dog and Carl the cat move across the hardwood floors.  Stopping for a moment.  Then tapping again.  The cold morning brings the sounds of life's activities as people step into another day of their routines.

Maybe if I don't open my eyes this day will just pass and I won't have to face what I have to do.  The painful inevitable chore that has been looming over me since my beautiful daughter, Natalee disappeared on the last night of her senior high school trip to Aruba.  The day has come to take her room apart and box it up.  I have to go through her belongings, which have remained untouched since she left home on May 26, 2005.  The movers will be here day after tomorrow.

Nothing of my life before Natalee disappeared in Aruba has remained intact.  Not my career.  Not my home.  Not my marriage.  My husband, Jug, and I are divorcing after six years.  My son, Natalee's younger brother, Matt, and I are moving in two days.

s.t. 

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »

Continued

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 1:  I have a lot to do.  I manage to swing my legs off the bed and sit up.  Reluctantly, I open my eyes and sit on the edge for a few moments.  I feel like concrete.  Heavy.  Very heavy.  Finally I stand up and slowly walk a half dozen steps or so down the short hall and turn right at Natalee's bedroom doorway ...

Page 16:  I'm glad I'm alone to recount the events that have brought me to this place on this morning, preparing to pack up and leave this house and Mountain Brook. Standing in the doorway of Natalee's room, I unwillingly step inside to the center of it, look around slowly, take it all in. In what feels like slow motion, I bend my knees until they touch the floor, rest my hands on the light cream-colored rug in front of me, and roll over onto my right side. Curling up in a fetal position, my head tucked down, arms crossing over my chest, I close my eyes again. And the cry I have fought off for almost two years finally comes. The final good-bye cry. And it comes hard. From somewhere deep, deep inside me. And it feels as if it will never stop. As if the pain can never be contained again.

s.t.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »

http://youtu.be/gGti1JjBKb4

Estimado Jimenez:
Si usted necesita el dinero de la fianza $74,000 a pagar una multa a la corte en nombre de Joran, por favor utilice ese dinero para pagar la multa.

Google translation:

Dear Jay:
If you need bail money to pay a $ 74,000 fine to the court on behalf of Joran, please use that money to pay the fine.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »

Joran van der Sloot is evil personified.  How many more broken lives will this monster tidal wave leave in his wake before actual justice prevails ... actual justice that demands that that the scale balances.

Janet

"We've been dealing with her death for the last six and a half years," her father, Dave Holloway, said after Thursday's hearing in Birmingham, Alabama.

He said the judge's order there on his daughter's death closes one chapter in the ordeal, but added: "We've still got a long way to go to get justice."

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news03.php?nt_id=66811&ct_id=4

It ain't over until the COWBOYS say its over, Joran.  You can bet the ranch on that!

Come to Alabama, we have a nice little hell-hole, errrr, cell, all ready and waiting to serve you up some justice, Alabammy style.

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.