March 28, 2024, 10:10:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366617 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-childhood-history

The 'Personal Story' Of A Killer, Handwritten By Joran Van Der

(snip)   Titled 'My Personal Story,' van der Sloot was asked to write the text by forensic psychologist Silvia Rojas Regalado as part of a handwriting examination and it is part of an official police document.  (snip)

A copy of the handwritten document is available at the link above.
Why did the Peruvian psychologist have Urine write this in English?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-childhood-history

(snip)   Titled 'My Personal Story,' van der Sloot was asked to write the text by forensic psychologist Silvia Rojas Regalado as part of a handwriting examination and it is part of an official police document.  (snip)

From www.RadarOnline.com

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #342 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »

Don't know why he wrote it in English. I found it odd that he doesn't even get his father's death date correct. Paulus died on Feb 10th, 2010. Even I can remember that. Joran moved it to Valentine's day Feb 14th.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #343 on: January 17, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »

Don't know why he wrote it in English. I found it odd that he doesn't even get his father's death date correct. Paulus died on Feb 10th, 2010. Even I can remember that. Joran moved it to Valentine's day Feb 14th.

I noticed that too.  It affected him so much he can't even remember the date? 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #344 on: January 17, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

I noticed how he glossed over the facts of Natalee, and the PTSD he suffered as a result of being wrongly suspected.  @@

It's also scary that he claims he traveled all over Asia playing cards.  (And killing/disappearing how many more young women?)

Challapalca him!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: January 17, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »

I feel sorry (sort of) for the cab driver apprentice that drove Joran to Chile. The dude that rode shotgun.

Could you imagine having to call your mother and tell her you helped try to get the murderer to freedom

and your cut of the deal was only 12 bucks and a used pair of doo-lolly clackers? Monkey Devil!

Man, I bet his momma was tearing up that phone line!

"I told you - you would never amount to much! You should have gone to tech school like your brother!!!"

When Joran bites the dust... we need to compile a list of all the people he has mowed over along the way. All the lives he's ruined.

It'll be a very long list. Of that, I am positive.

Hey Carpe!

Although I like to consider myself educated and street smart, what, praytell, is a doo-lolly clackers?

Hahaha!

Thanks, in advance, for expanding my vocabulary.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #346 on: January 17, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

Hey Carpe!

Although I like to consider myself educated and street smart, what, praytell, is a doo-lolly clackers?

Hahaha!

Thanks, in advance, for expanding my vocabulary.

I googled it.  LOL.  I'm looking forward to Carpe explaining it.

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »

Video at link

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/father-of-joran-van-der-sloot-murder-victim-speaks-out/

Father of Joran Van der Sloot Murder Victim Speaks Out
The father of murdered Peruvian girl Stephany Tatiana Flores spoke out today about his feelings about his daughter’s killer, Joran van der Sloot. In an interview with the Peruvian news program “90 Segundos,”   ::snipping2::

RICARDO: Yes, I appreciate the support that you all gave us from the first day we committed to stay.

Everything that has happened, I didn’t think it was going to be like that. We worked hard. There were many people working on this case, doing all the investigations, giving all the facts to the Prosecutor’s Office, so they could take the right decision.

Just to give you an example: In the process, they didn’t include the hotel, or any of the guest records. A weird topic. Three days the TV turned up full blast, they didn’t include all the people. They didn’t take statements from all the people, but well….

REPORTER: I wanted to ask you from the moment that I’ve seen you face to face with your daughter’s murderer.  What did you feel seeing his face?

RICARDO: The first time I was shocked because I expected to see a skinny, beaten person because that is how I can imagine a person in jail.  But he got fat, arrogant, haughty, cross-legged, ignoring authorities. I didn’t like that.

REPORTER: Did you and members of your family want this case to be over?

RICARDO: No, no, no. My son, Ricardo, feels a little mortified. I tell you because I can’t hide things.

REPORTER: Is this your last statement?

RICARDO: Yes, definitely. I will not talk to the press, so please don’t ask me about this topic. (HE SAID, DIRECTING HIS COMMENT AT THE PRESS CORPS.) But like I said, I thank the press for their support.

REPORTER: So today, through this interview, and for the press that are waiting for you, do you go into mourning starting today?

RICARDO: Yes, today. I hold on to myself. But I hope this subject won’t be discussed any more. So my family can rest. And even my friends, I ask them: ‘Let’s act like nothing happened.’  Because I feel bad every time they come to me or my family trying to support us, but that they hurt us even more.

REPORTER: So what you want to do is cry with your family and discuss this subject?

RICARDO: Yes, let’s not discuss this subject. Let’s have my daughter here like she is here with us. Since we all met her and enjoy her soul.  That is most important.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Video at link

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/father-of-joran-van-der-sloot-murder-victim-speaks-out/

Father of Joran Van der Sloot Murder Victim Speaks Out
The father of murdered Peruvian girl Stephany Tatiana Flores spoke out today about his feelings about his daughter’s killer, Joran van der Sloot. In an interview with the Peruvian news program “90 Segundos,”   ::snipping2::

RICARDO: Yes, I appreciate the support that you all gave us from the first day we committed to stay.

Everything that has happened, I didn’t think it was going to be like that. We worked hard. There were many people working on this case, doing all the investigations, giving all the facts to the Prosecutor’s Office, so they could take the right decision.

Just to give you an example: In the process, they didn’t include the hotel, or any of the guest records. A weird topic. Three days the TV turned up full blast, they didn’t include all the people. They didn’t take statements from all the people, but well….

REPORTER: I wanted to ask you from the moment that I’ve seen you face to face with your daughter’s murderer.  What did you feel seeing his face?

RICARDO: The first time I was shocked because I expected to see a skinny, beaten person because that is how I can imagine a person in jail.  But he got fat, arrogant, haughty, cross-legged, ignoring authorities. I didn’t like that.

REPORTER: Did you and members of your family want this case to be over?

RICARDO: No, no, no. My son, Ricardo, feels a little mortified. I tell you because I can’t hide things.

REPORTER: Is this your last statement?

RICARDO: Yes, definitely. I will not talk to the press, so please don’t ask me about this topic. (HE SAID, DIRECTING HIS COMMENT AT THE PRESS CORPS.) But like I said, I thank the press for their support.

REPORTER: So today, through this interview, and for the press that are waiting for you, do you go into mourning starting today?

RICARDO: Yes, today. I hold on to myself. But I hope this subject won’t be discussed any more. So my family can rest. And even my friends, I ask them: ‘Let’s act like nothing happened.’  Because I feel bad every time they come to me or my family trying to support us, but that they hurt us even more.

REPORTER: So what you want to do is cry with your family and discuss this subject?

RICARDO: Yes, let’s not discuss this subject. Let’s have my daughter here like she is here with us. Since we all met her and enjoy her soul.  That is most important.

I really admire him.  Faith has kept him strong.
He's a blessing to his family.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:23 PM »

It seems that --

The investigation was inadequate.

The prosecution wanted a winable indictment--Modified Murder with Simple Theft.

The 3 judges (in November, 2011) accepting the prosecutor's indictment over the families' request for Robbery followed by Murder.  Even the defense attorney said that they won a major victory that day.

The family worked so hard to put Joran away for life.  What courage and determination! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: January 17, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »

From www.RadarOnline.com

February 14th?

Natalee Holloway:Paulus van der Sloot, father of Joran van der Sloot, dead of cardiac arrest

<snipped>

Jossy Mansur, the managing editor of Diario also provided us with the following:

“Justice has a strange way of correcting irregularities committed in its name. In this particular case, Paul had the necessary information we needed to solve the case, but decided to take it with him to his tomb. His version (the true one) we will never know. And we can never depend on Joran to come clean with what happened to Natalee.

Yes, Paul died playing tennis yesterday afternoon. God forgive him!"

<snipped>

Posted February 11, 2010 by Klaasend

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/02/11/paulus-van-der-sloot-father-of-joran-van-der-sloot-dead-of-cardiac-arrest/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »

Doesn't Peru's life sentence max out @ 35 years, unlike ours which means life?

I think the Flores family is relieved that Joran rec'd at least 28 years. I believe they are satisfied now, also, that Joran's perks have been dealt with too.

Now that the Flores family has done what they had to do at the most horrendous time in their lives, and do in the glass fishbowl, it seems that they just want to be left alone.

I respect that. I wouldn't be surprised that after some time has passed, that we will hear from them championing some cause having to do with Stephany's life and/or death.

Challapalca him!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »

From www.RadarOnline.com

February 14th?

Natalee Holloway:Paulus van der Sloot, father of Joran van der Sloot, dead of cardiac arrest

<snipped>

Jossy Mansur, the managing editor of Diario also provided us with the following:

“Justice has a strange way of correcting irregularities committed in its name. In this particular case, Paul had the necessary information we needed to solve the case, but decided to take it with him to his tomb. His version (the true one) we will never know. And we can never depend on Joran to come clean with what happened to Natalee.

Yes, Paul died playing tennis yesterday afternoon. God forgive him!"

<snipped>

Posted February 11, 2010 by Klaasend

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/02/11/paulus-van-der-sloot-father-of-joran-van-der-sloot-dead-of-cardiac-arrest/

Tamikosmom~

Very good question.

Is it possible the Peruvians had JVS write this in English because they vowed to help the USA with it's Natalee Holloway case, when he was first arrested, and this document shows he is intelligent, understands the English language and expresses himself very good.

He's made numerous pitches about not having a translator.

This document shows he can read and write English.

I understand what you mean from the Peruvian side of things, but, I'm sure they have other documents in their own language written by him.  After all, he had to be efficient in their language as he was heading to Peru to gamble. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years

NANCY GRACE
Joran Pleads Guilty to Murder in Peru
Aired January 11, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: ... Van Der Sloot yawning and laughing in court. What about it, Jane?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST, "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL": Well, I think that this was all highly orchestrated and it was a big farce, and he knew exactly what was going to happen when he walked into court. And there was some kind of behind-the-scenes deal.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

Big Win!

November 22, 2011
Joran van der Sloot indicted on murder and robbery
Posted: 01:40 PM ET

<snipped>

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro tells In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/22/joran-van-der-sloot-indicted-on-murder-and-robbery/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »

It seems that --

The 3 judges (in November, 2011) accepting the prosecutor's indictment over the families' request for Robbery followed by Murder.  Even the defense attorney said that they won a major victory that day.

The family worked so hard to put Joran away for life.  What courage and determination! 

Could it be that Aruban/Dutch "powers that be" were negotiating behind the scenes with the Peruvian prosecutor and ... the panel of judges to create an outcome that would be beneficial to Joran van der Sloot but at the same time appease to some extent the family of Stephany Flores?

Think about it.  Can 28 years translated into less than 9 years be considered justice for Stephany?  In Tamikosmom's world ... justice implies the scale balances.

Janet

_____

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2012, 10:02:39 PM »

We don't have the DP in Canada. In fact, we suck at giving violent criminals what they deserve, like one murder and you're done for good.
If he was sentenced in Canada, he would be out in about 7 years provided he didn't get into any more trouble in jail. But, the inmates do not run the guards here and don't have all the toys Joran had.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:55 PM »

It seems that --

Could it be that Aruban/Dutch "powers that be" were negotiating behind the scenes with the Peruvian prosecutor and ... the panel of judges to create an outcome that would be beneficial to Joran van der Sloot but at the same time appease to some extent the family of Stephany Flores?

Think about it.  Can 28 years translated into less than 9 years be considered justice for Stephany?  In Tamikosmom's world ... justice implies the scale balances.

Janet

Please stop it. Aruba and the Dutch have NO influence over Peru. No one but Joran's lawyer is saying 9 years. 35 years is life in Peru.
If somehow he does get out in 9 years -- it won't be because of the "powers that be" in Aruba. Joran will either be on trial in the U.S. or dead. I prefer the latter.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2012, 10:15:50 PM »

We don't have the DP in Canada. In fact, we suck at giving violent criminals what they deserve, like one murder and you're done for good.
If he was sentenced in Canada, he would be out in about 7 years provided he didn't get into any more trouble in jail. But, the inmates do not run the guards here and don't have all the toys Joran had.

SEVEN YEARS?

Joran van der Sloot - In His Own Words

Confession: Joran van der Sloot describes killing Stephany Flores
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 2:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 4:11 PM

<snipped>

Asked for a detailed description of the killing:

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed, immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute. After that, I throw her to the floor but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long but she stops breathing, in this way I think I caused her death."

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/confession_joran_van_der_sloot.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2012, 10:31:47 PM »

I agree the scale of justice does not balance but ... in Canada it does appears that Joran would have received at least 20 years in the slammer without the possibility of parole ... twenty years when no Stephanys and Natalees would be at risk.

Janet

+++++

Killer has no chance of parole for 20 years
Posted: 01/10/2012 1:00 AM

HE choked his friend unconscious, sexually assaulted her and then snuffed out any remaining signs of life by slitting her throat.

Yet Maxwell Zavitz can't provide any explanation beyond "I just snapped" for the brutal killing of a young woman in August 2010. He pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder and received a life sentence with no chance of parole for at least 20 years.

Jennifer Paraton, 25, died of her injuries inside her Carlton Street apartment block. Zavitz admitted to the attack, which ended when he calmly phoned 911 to report what he had done. Zavitz then gave a full confession to police as they arrived on the scene.

"I killed her. I'm guilty. I want to go to jail forever," he told officers.

Zavitz, 23, was initially charged with first-degree murder, which carries a mandatory life sentence with no parole eligibility for at least 25 years upon conviction. But the Crown agreed to the lesser plea in exchange for doubling the minimum parole eligibility of 10 years for second-degree murder.

<snipped>

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/killer-has-no-chance-of-parole-for-20-years-136997403.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2012, 11:08:59 PM »

It seems that --

Janet

Please stop it. Aruba and the Dutch have NO influence over Peru. No one but Joran's lawyer is saying 9 years. 35 years is life in Peru.
If somehow he does get out in 9 years -- it won't be because of the "powers that be" in Aruba. Joran will either be on trial in the U.S. or dead. I prefer the latter.

Thank you wreck, I agree.  And I prefer the latter too.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.