March 28, 2024, 07:28:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366603 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

Joran attended the International School in Aruba from the 2nd grade through graduation.  He supposedly graduated with honors.  He speaks and understands English and obviously has no problem writing it as well.  I have no doubt he used his fluency in English to gain the attention of many "last night on the island" American girls in Aruba, and probably in many other situations too.  He girlfriend in Thailand was American.

We'll see if he "claims" to have any problems with the English language when he gets to Alabama to face charges.  All of his communications (emails) that I've seen in the case were in English.  Maybe he'll cry for a Dutch translator, but if he does he's only doing it to be a pain in the azz.

jmo

http://www.isaruba.com/About_isa/index.html

About ISA

The International School of Aruba is a private, nonprofit, co-educational, English language school.

::snipping2::

The school curriculum is modeled on that of a U.S. university preparatory school. English is the primary language of instruction. The testing program includes the ITBS (IOWA) tests, PSAT, ACT, SAT and AP examinations. Advanced Placement classes are offered in English, Spanish, and Studio Art. Ninety percent of graduates go on to universities in North America and other countries. The school year is from August to June. Dutch and Spanish are offered at levels from Beginner to Native speaker.  Dutch exams for CITO, MAVO, HAVO/VWO can be arranged.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »

Joran van der Sloot brutally murdered the daughter of an influential Peruvian citizen  yet ... this monster was receiving perferential treatment within the prison system from the getgo.  Why?  Where was the pressure originating?

Janet

++++++

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2012, 11:41:11 PM »

Joran van der Sloot brutally murdered the daughter of an influential Peruvian citizen  yet ... this monster was receiving perferential treatment within the prison system from the getgo.  Why?  Where was the pressure originating?

Janet

++++++

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

I suspect ANY prisoner with money can bribe guards in a poor country like Peru. If Joran had these perks -- it was from his money -- NOT Aruba's influence.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »

Janet

++++++

Associated Press

<snipped>

<snipped>

I suspect ANY prisoner with money can bribe guards in a poor country like Peru. If Joran had these perks -- it was from his money -- NOT Aruba's influence.
Answers your own question

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »

Janet

++++++

Associated Press

<snipped>

<snipped>

Broke?

NANCY GRACE
Van Der Sloot Confession Transcript Released
Aired June 14, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST:  Here is an e-mail exchange between you and Joran Van Der Sloot where he says, happy birthday, I hope you had a good day. This is May 29.

And remember how important family and friends are. By the way, can you send me some money through Western Union tomorrow? Remember that?

JOHN LUDWICK, FRIEND OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, I do.

GRACE: Did you send him money?

LUDWICK: No, I didn`t. He had told me -- that was the evening of May 29th and I guess the alleged event happened later -- a few hours later into the 30th. But he told me he needed money to get back to Aruba. So, I mean, before I had a chance to help him out, I couldn`t get ahold of him. And then the news said what it said.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/14/ng.01.html

Dutch Involvement?

Official: Van der Sloot confesses to Peru slaying
updated 6/8/2010 11:17:34 AM ET

<snipped>

Dutch Embassy chief consular officer Angela Lowe said her government was providing van der Sloot with "regular consular assistance, which means an occasional consular visit, and we will make sure he is being treated decently, just like any other inmate."  She said Peruvian authorities have assured the Dutch government they are treating him well. "They are taking this case very seriously," she added. "The world is watching."

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37542848/ns/world_news-americas/t/official-van-der-sloot-confesses-peru-slaying/

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Van Der Sloot Captured on Murder Charge
Aired June 3, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Vinda De Sousa is on the line. She is the Aruban attorney for Natalee Holloway`s dad, Dave.  Vinda, we have just learned that a delegation from the Dutch embassy visited Joran minutes ago in a Chilean jail. ...

OK. What are your thoughts of the fact that the Dutch embassy visited him in jail in Chile?

DE SOUSA: Well, you know, that`s -- that`s not unusual. Whenever a Dutch citizen is jailed abroad, either the embassy or the consul general will visit the person detained or in custody, being a Dutch citizen, to offer assistance, it`s part of the Dutch policy.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/03/ijvm.01.html

carpe noctem
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #836 6/8/10 -
« Reply #916 on: June 10, 2010, 12:57:31 AM »

Those rusty Dutch buggers just can`t keep their hands off that boy, can they?

It`s built in to their DNA.

As was learned, the Dutchman would have the advice of a private lawyer had been hired by diplomats from the embassy.

http://www.ojo.com.pe/ojo/nota.php?txtSecci_id=25&txtNota_id=368861

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8078.msg1153576#msg1153576

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2012, 02:35:37 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2012, 02:48:55 AM »

Hey Carpe!

Although I like to consider myself educated and street smart, what, praytell, is a doo-lolly clackers?

Hahaha!

Thanks, in advance, for expanding my vocabulary.

I googled it.  LOL.  I'm looking forward to Carpe explaining it.

Sorry!

Benwa balls.

The Peruvian guy thought they were for self-defense. A tiny pair of leprechaun nunchuks.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:25 AM »

We'll see if he "claims" to have any problems with the English language when he gets to Alabama to face charges.  All of his communications (emails) that I've seen in the case were in English.  Maybe he'll cry for a Dutch translator, but if he does he's only doing it to be a pain in the azz.

Monkey Devil!  Doesn't our Anna speak Dutch?  I am sure she'd be glad to help out.   Monkey Devil!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2012, 08:00:42 AM »

Hey Carpe!

Although I like to consider myself educated and street smart, what, praytell, is a doo-lolly clackers?

Hahaha!

Sorry!

Benwa balls.

The Peruvian guy thought they were for self-defense. A tiny pair of leprechaun nunchuks.

Hey Carpe!

Hahaha!

Sorry!

Benwa balls.

OH.......
'dem balls!   

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »

Hey Carpe!

Hahaha!

Sorry!

Benwa balls.

I googled benwa balls.  @@

First one up said buy at AdamEve.

Eewwhhh, the 3rd taxi driver took the used sex toy as partial payment?  Or is this a joke?

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »

http://larevista.aqpsoluciones.com/2012/01/18/caso-stephany-flores-ricardo-flores-dice-que-es-muy-dificil-pedir-justicia/

Google translation

Case Stephany Flores, Ricardo Flores said it was very difficult to ask for justice
January 18, 2012 7:33 pm

"It's very difficult to ask for justice in Peru. It is not easy to defend in the country, so we want the judiciary to be more fair. With the lawyers could have asked for the annulment of the sentence that was the murderer of my daughter Stephany by gaps that exist and so mishandled the case, "said businessman Ricardo Flores.

"Seeing (the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot) more fat and arrogant seems that is not in jail. I think the sentence has not been the fairest, but accept it. What else can my family make that achieves a higher penalty, "he added.

In relation to his missing daughter, Ricardo Flores said she is not physically, but talk every day. I have many memories of her and we just have a lot of strength and trust in God. We ask everyone to the press, never again to talk about it anymore, because we feel that we do more damage.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:01 AM »

To prevent an outside investigation ... to prevent the release of case documents ...   somehow I do not believe that Aruba is ever going to officially close the Natalee Holloway case.  It will be classified as forever ongoing/open.

Janet

++++++

When the Case is Closed

Growing Frustration in Aruba
Wednesday, July 06, 2005

<snipped>

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161705,00.html

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 12/2/2005 10:37:47 AM ET

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: There's a lot that Americans can do through the State Department. I want to remind everybody that Natalee Holloway was a U.S. citizen. Once the Aruban authorities are done investigating this case, the FBI can still conduct an investigation, and they could extradite these suspects to the United States. Let me point out that there's a ton of circumstantial evidence in this case to convict these kids.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

DANA PRETZER
July 2, 2006 - Part 1
July 8, 2006 - Part 2

Art Wood:

The family of Natalee needs to put pressure on the US attorney in Birmingham to push the FBI to conduct an investigation after ALE close the case. We have a treaty that allows the FBI to pursue a violation of civil rights of an American citizen there.

s.t.

Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years
Friday, January 13, 2012

<snipped>

A homicide investigation into Holloway's death remains open in Aruba though there has been no recent activity, said Solicitor General Taco Stein, an official with the prosecutor's office in Aruba.

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8503911

_____

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: January 18, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »

What is Aruba's stance on murder investigations?

Can/will they ever close a murder investigation without having it solved?

Seems like a "catch 22" with no catch.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: January 18, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »

A catch which implies that case documents will never be turned over to the FBI and ... justice for Natalee Holloway will forever remain elusive.

Janet

++++++

Never Passed the Ball

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 184
: Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute

_____

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

A catch which implies that case documents will never be turned over to the FBI and ... justice for Natalee Holloway will forever remain elusive.

Janet

++++++

Never Passed the Ball

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith

Page 184
: Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute

Wow, how heartbreaking is that?

I can honestly say I don't know how I would have reacted put in Beth's shoes. 

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »

There are no murders in Aruba--only suicides ...........................

.....just kidding. lol
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

It seems that --

The investigation was inadequate.

The prosecution wanted a winable indictment--Modified Murder with Simple Theft.

The 3 judges (in November, 2011) accepting the prosecutor's indictment over the families' request for Robbery followed by Murder.  Even the defense attorney said that they won a major victory that day.

The family worked so hard to put Joran away for life.  What courage and determination! 

Could it be that Aruban/Dutch "powers that be" were negotiating behind the scenes with the Peruvian prosecutor and ... the panel of judges to create an outcome that would be beneficial to Joran van der Sloot but at the same time appease to some extent the family of Stephany Flores?

Think about it.  Can 28 years translated into less than 9 years be considered justice for Stephany?  In Tamikosmom's world ... justice implies the scale balances.

Janet

Please stop it. Aruba and the Dutch have NO influence over Peru. No one but Joran's lawyer is saying 9 years. 35 years is life in Peru.
If somehow he does get out in 9 years -- it won't be because of the "powers that be" in Aruba. Joran will either be on trial in the U.S. or dead. I prefer the latter.

Thank you wreck, I agree.  And I prefer the latter too.   
  I prefer the latter also!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »

There are no murders in Aruba--only suicides ...........................

.....just kidding. lol

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!!  Tsk, Tsk! 

My mind hasn't been right since the doo-lolly clackers!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

Wow, how heartbreaking is that?

I can honestly say I don't know how I would have reacted put in Beth's shoes.

Monkey King

Fifteen years ago friends lost one son (20) in a motorcycle accident and two years later they lost their second son (25) when the helicopter he was piloting while fighting forest fires in the interior went down.  This couple conceded if they had been forewarned that after raising a family for 25 years they would again be on their own ... it would have been a burden too much to bear.  However ... when the strength to endure was required ... in their grief God did not fail them.  Out of the tragedies a God-given purpose was realized ... a God-given purpose to provide comfort and support to other parents who have experienced the loss of children.

Janet

+++++

Psalm 28:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped.

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith

Pages 100:
He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.

Page 103: I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.