April 19, 2024, 09:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 368995 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »

On Jan. 14, Van der Sloot was transferred to the maximum security prison Ancon I, once known as “Piedras Gordas” or “Fat Rocks,” which holds the country’s highest-profile criminals and is considered the most modern penitentiary in Peru. It has a cellphone jammer installed that may hinder further communications with Hamer

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/21/joran-van-der-sloot-loses-support-of-guardian-angel-mary-hamer.html

Keeping Cell Phones Out of Jail Cells

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_18/b4226042114325.htm

::snipping2::

Cell phone jammers are already used by prisons in Mexico, France, Australia, and elsewhere. In the U.S., though, phone jamming is illegal (except when done by a federal agency) under a 1934 law that prohibits deliberately interfering with radio signals. A bill that would have allowed prisons to jam cell phone signals was passed by the U.S. Senate in 2009 but died in a House committee. Representative Kevin Brady (R-Tex.) plans to reintroduce a similar measure this spring. "We have the technology to block illegal cell phone calls," Brady says. "We just need to remove government roadblocks to be able to use it."

Why am I not surprised the US doesn't allow cell phone jammers?

I wonder what the ACLU will have to say if the law ever changes in the USA?

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »

Joran wants $1,000 so that he can "buy" a new cellphone and talk to Mary--Good luck with that idea; the prison has a cellphone jammer!

On Jan. 14, Van der Sloot was transferred to the maximum security prison Ancon I, once known as “Piedras Gordas” or “Fat Rocks,” which holds the country’s highest-profile criminals and is considered the most modern penitentiary in Peru. It has a cellphone jammer installed that may hinder further communications with Hamer

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/21/joran-van-der-sloot-loses-support-of-guardian-angel-mary-hamer.html

It is my hope that Ricardo Flores does not learn that Joran van der Sloot is being afforded privileges at Piedras Gordas Prison which equate those he received at Castro Castrol Prison.

It appears that Joran has already been afforded letter contact with Mary Hamer since his arrival at Piedras Gordas last Friday afternoon ... letter contact requesting $70,000 ... letter contact that implies cell phone service is imminent.   

Janet

++++++

Miguel Castro Castro Prison

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters.  "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

Piedras Gordas Prison

Peru Court Sentences Van Der Sloot to 28 Years
LIMA, Peru January 13, 2012 (AP)

<snipped>

Late Friday, prison authorities told the AP that Van der Sloot had been transferred to the high-security Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima in response to reports that he had enjoyed privileges like television, internet access and a cell phone in Castro Castro prison. Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts, including Shining Path guerrillas.

"He will be in an individual cell at Piedras Gordas to give authorities greater control of him and cut off some of the facilities he has had in Castro Castro," said prison service spokeswoman Janeth Sanchez.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/court-sentence-van-der-sloot-murder-15354004

Joran Van Der Sloot Begs His 'Guardian Angel' For More Money
Read His Handwritten Letter

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 @ 05:30PM

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-begs-guardian-angel-handwritten-letter

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »

Joran wants $1,000 so that he can "buy" a new cellphone and talk to Mary--Good luck with that idea; the prison has a cellphone jammer!

It is my hope that Ricardo Flores does not learn that Joran van der Sloot is being afforded privileges at Piedras Gordas Prison which equate those he received at Castro Castrol Prison.

It appears that Joran has already been afforded letter contact with Mary Hamer since his arrival at Piedras Gordas last Friday afternoon ... letter contact requesting $70,000 ... letter contact that implies cell phone service is imminent.   

Janet

++++++

Miguel Castro Castro Prison

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters.  "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

Piedras Gordas Prison

Peru Court Sentences Van Der Sloot to 28 Years
LIMA, Peru January 13, 2012 (AP)

<snipped>

Late Friday, prison authorities told the AP that Van der Sloot had been transferred to the high-security Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima in response to reports that he had enjoyed privileges like television, internet access and a cell phone in Castro Castro prison. Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts, including Shining Path guerrillas.

"He will be in an individual cell at Piedras Gordas to give authorities greater control of him and cut off some of the facilities he has had in Castro Castro," said prison service spokeswoman Janeth Sanchez.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/court-sentence-van-der-sloot-murder-15354004

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/joran-van-der-sloot-begs-guardian-angel-handwritten-letter

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »

Grace

I apologize for getting into your space.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2012, 11:53:28 PM »

Grace

I apologize for getting into your space.

Janet

No problem.      If Joran gets a cell phone, he'll probably use it as a paper weight. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »

a Hamer jammer - sounds like lyrics in a rap song!

Yep, it sure does; however, I think that Joran will probably be singing some down home Blues.   Smile
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »

I only want Joran in the U.S.A. if the Peruvian system fails. We treat prisoners too nice here.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2012, 01:58:16 AM »

I only want Joran in the U.S.A. if the Peruvian system fails. We treat prisoners too nice here.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2012, 02:14:46 AM »

jamcakes

Sorry for getting into your box--got distracted by the music!  I visualized MH doing a rap outside by the prison gates, and Joran sitting in his cell singing the blues!  lol
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2012, 02:22:12 AM »

I agree.  He'd enjoy it too much. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2012, 03:59:16 AM »

I started counting how many times Mary says, "Attorney "Ye-ma-nez", and couldn't count that high. Geeez........... personally, I don't think this chick is really upset about the money loss. I think she just wants to get the sentence thrown out. She's making a public declaration that Anita took advantage of her, too? Who asked her to send Anita money in the first place; particularly when Mary says that Anita's response to her was that "Some people aren't for saving!"

Mary's a real piece of work. Here's the video (prolly already posted, but I hadn't seen it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fau7rc1uSV8
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »

jamcakes

Sorry for getting into your box--got distracted by the music!  I visualized MH doing a rap outside by the prison gates, and Joran sitting in his cell singing the blues!  lol

Grace -

No problem.  I had already messed up the quote stack by posting in someone elses box.

I love the music visuals you suggest.

Challapalca him!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »

I started counting how many times Mary says, "Attorney "Ye-ma-nez", and couldn't count that high. Geeez........... personally, I don't think this chick is really upset about the money loss. I think she just wants to get the sentence thrown out. She's making a public declaration that Anita took advantage of her, too? Who asked her to send Anita money in the first place; particularly when Mary says that Anita's response to her was that "Some people aren't for saving!"

Mary's a real piece of work. Here's the video (prolly already posted, but I hadn't seen it):

Hadn't seen the video.

She really thinks she's got something there with that JVS.

Dellusional and Dumb! (AND has money!  What a deal for JVS!)

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »

Could it be that Joran's attorney was anticipating his client's release from Peruvian lockup on the 18 month deadline at the beginning of December to serve the month prior to trial in an apartment?  Considering Joran is obviously a flight risk ... could it be that something akin to "bail" would have been required that Mary Hamer was willing to post?

Janet

++++

Original murder charge against van der Sloot will stand
November 22, 2011

<snipped>

Meanwhile, van der Sloot's lawyer said that he plans to file a motion with the court, requesting his client be set free.

As of early next month, van der Sloot will have spent 18 months in Peruvian prison. Jimenez will argue that under Peruvian law, it is considered excessive imprisonment when a person has been jailed for more than 18 months without having had his day in court.

"The delay is not his fault. We have been acting in good faith. He has been cooperating with the authorities. And they still don't have a translator," said Jimenez.

It will be up to the court to decide whether van der Sloot is freed. Because of the case's complexity, a judge could rule to keep him behind bars. Once Jimenez presents his habeas corpus motion, a panel of judges will meet to interview van der Sloot and make a determination.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

Failed Habeas Corpus

Joran Van Der Sloot Loses Support of ‘Guardian Angel’ Mary Hamer
Jan 21, 2012 4:45 AM EST

On the day Joran Van der Sloot pleaded guilty to killing Peruvian college student Stephany Flores and was sentenced to 28 years in prison, he wrote his benefactor, Dr. Mary Hamer, a series of letters designed to persuade her to continue supporting him. The divorced radiologist, 55, had decided to cut him off after hearing his guilty plea, and she demanded that his attorney give back the $75,000 she had sent him for what she described as bail money.

<snipped>

Hamer wants the money returned immediately, she told attorney Jose Jimenez, who received the funds in November and was supposed to hand them over to Van der Sloot. Jimenez said he never used the term “bail” with Hamer, “because it was never an option,” he said. “I said many times that we would file for habeas corpus, being that my client had been imprisoned for over 18 months without a trial. If we would have been successful, he would have had expenses to cover, like an apartment we were setting up for him, just in case.”

<snipped>

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »

<snipped>

The Lake City, Fla.-based Hamer now says she was swindled out of her $75,000 and accuses Van der Sloot’s attorney, Jimenez, of unprofessional conduct.

But in late December, Hamer hinted in an email to Jimenez that he could use the money to bribe prison authorities not to transfer Van der Sloot to a prison over two hours north of Lima. “Joran can use the money however he wants,” she wrote. “For example, if the director threatens to send him to [another prison, Piedras Gordas], to use this money to negotiate with the director and keep Joran safe.”

“She proclaims his innocence through incoherent arguments and has discredited me in the process,” said Jimenez.

The attorney says he returned the money to her over Van der Sloot’s objections, though she says she has not received it.

<snipped>

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »

<snipped>

As Van der Sloot tries to win Hamer over once more, two more notes show how desperately he has been pleading for her support. One contains an accounting summary of the money he had tucked away in his attorney’s savings account, and a note on the bottom begs her to continue supporting him. He says he not only needs $69,000, but also another $1,000 to buy a new phone.

”Please don’t take any action until we are able to speak again,” he writes. “I beg you to hold on until that time so I can explain everything to you. I will show you that you have always been right about me.”

<snipped>

“What me and Jimenez did was the best and now I still have my appeal to a higher court, which is much more serious,” Van der Sloot writes.

<snipped>

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »

A Midnight Express Prison Anywhere

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY: And Greta, I was just wanting to say that, you know, like I said, it's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

Piedras Gordas Maximum Security Prison

<snipped>

On Jan. 14, Van der Sloot was transferred to the maximum security prison Ancon I, once known as “Piedras Gordas” or “Fat Rocks,” which holds the country’s highest-profile criminals and is considered the most modern penitentiary in Peru.

<snipped>

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-Guardian-Angel-flying-away/Sqx9n0qB2EqvdT9fD60EFg.cspx

Van der Sloot "Guardian Angel" flying away
January 21, 2012 - 11:25 AM
Published: 8:21 am Updated: 9:11 am

But apparently his guilty plea to killing Flores after the Peruvian student found information about Natalee Holloway on his laptop has jolted Hamer a bit closer to reality.

According to The Daily Beast, Hamer has demanded that van der Sloot and his Lima attorney, Jose Jimenez, return $75,000 she sent them.

Hamer says the money was to be used for bail. Jimenez says he never discussed bail, which was impossible in a murder case. He says he and Hamer discussed a habeus corpus claim and living expenses for van der Sloot if they won that claim. It was denied by the Peruvian Courts.

Jimenez is pretty clearly fed up with Hamer and claims he has returned her money. “She proclaims his innocence through incoherent arguments and has discredited me in the process,” said Jimenez.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2012/01/sundance-2012-simon-killer-antonio-campos-natalee-holloway-joran-van-der-sloot.html

Sundance 2012: An independent film, by way of Natalee Holloway
January 21, 2012 |  8:30 am

If you've surfed cable news over the last several years, you've probably had one of numerous reactions to the discussion of missing American blondes. Making a film probably wasn't one of them.

Not so, however, for Antonio Campos. A man who represents a part of the Brooklyn producing collective Borderline Films (which yielded the 2011 Sundance breakout "Martha Marcy May Marlene"),  Campos was moved to direct his new movie -- a story titled "Simon Killer," about an American tourist in Paris traveling down a dark path -- when he came across a group of stories about Joran van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot is, of course, the Dutch citizen suspected in the murder of Alabama teenager Natallee Holloway in Aruba six years ago.

"[The] thing that struck us was of a guy who'd been in the news again and again," Campos said after the Park City, Utah, premiere of "Killer" on Friday, referring to the accused Holloway killer who later confessed to the murder of a young woman in Peru.  (Holloway was pronounced legally dead last week after years of fruitless searching; the details of her death remain murky.)

Among the elements Campos noted, he said Friday, was a quote from  Van der Sloot that "'If I had to describe myself as an animal I'd say I was a snake, but I'd like to be a lion, and a lion I will be one day.'" A variation of that line made it into the movie, and the generally disturbing nature of the details was enough to prompt and inform "Simon" writer-director Campos, who produced "Martha Marcy May Marlene" for friend Sean Durkin.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

Hadn't seen the video.

She really thinks she's got something there with that JVS.

Dellusional and Dumb! (AND has money!  What a deal for JVS!)

I know, Monkey King. How does he attract them?  I swear, when I watched the video, I had the firm impression that she didn't care about the money as long as it could provide her a tortured argument that it should allow his sentence to be thrown out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.