March 28, 2024, 02:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366644 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2012/01/sundance-2012-simon-killer-antonio-campos-natalee-holloway-joran-van-der-sloot.html

Sundance 2012: An independent film, by way of Natalee Holloway
January 21, 2012 |  8:30 am

If you've surfed cable news over the last several years, you've probably had one of numerous reactions to the discussion of missing American blondes. Making a film probably wasn't one of them.

Not so, however, for Antonio Campos. A man who represents a part of the Brooklyn producing collective Borderline Films (which yielded the 2011 Sundance breakout "Martha Marcy May Marlene"),  Campos was moved to direct his new movie -- a story titled "Simon Killer," about an American tourist in Paris traveling down a dark path -- when he came across a group of stories about Joran van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot is, of course, the Dutch citizen suspected in the murder of Alabama teenager Natallee Holloway in Aruba six years ago.

"[The] thing that struck us was of a guy who'd been in the news again and again," Campos said after the Park City, Utah, premiere of "Killer" on Friday, referring to the accused Holloway killer who later confessed to the murder of a young woman in Peru.  (Holloway was pronounced legally dead last week after years of fruitless searching; the details of her death remain murky.)

Among the elements Campos noted, he said Friday, was a quote from  Van der Sloot that "'If I had to describe myself as an animal I'd say I was a snake, but I'd like to be a lion, and a lion I will be one day.'" A variation of that line made it into the movie, and the generally disturbing nature of the details was enough to prompt and inform "Simon" writer-director Campos, who produced "Martha Marcy May Marlene" for friend Sean Durkin.
 ::snipping2::

Joran will never be a lion. Lions have great courage.

A tortured Peruvian cell rat is where it's at, for him.

A very demented one, with a buggy eye, frayed whiskers and a couple of good teeth left.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »

My Pledge

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 200:  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

Mother of Natalee Holloway to speak in Bristol
Published: January 15, 2012

BRISTOL, Va. -- A mother with a story to tell will appear in Bristol this spring, as the first speaker for the Bristol Public Library’s 2012 Discovery Series, library officials will announce Tuesday.

The Bristol Herald Courier has learned that Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, is expected to speak at 7 p.m. March 22.

“She’s current news and everyone wants to hear her story,” Sarah Hutchinson, the library’s marketing director, said Saturday afternoon. “Instead of hearing her on the news, people will hear from her.”

Holloway’s appearance is timely, as it will come just months after her daughter, Natalee Holloway, was officially pronounced dead by an Alabama judge. That declaration came Thursday – a day after the suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, pleaded guilty in Peru to the 2010 murder of another woman.

Van der Sloot is suspected in Holloway’s death but has not been charged in the case.

Beth Holloway is expected to speak about keeping courage in times of adversity, as she dealt with the disappearance during her daughter Natalee’s high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.

“She also has something to teach about travel safety,” Hutchinson said. “Really her event will be not only to tell her story but also to teach – obviously safety but also courage through difficult times.”

Hutchinson said Holloway has reached out to the family of the Peruvian girl who was killed. She said the event will be both informative and entertaining.

“It’s something more current, not something forgotten,” she said. “It’s [Natalee Holloway’s case] is something everyone knows about.”

Hutchinson said a private meet and greet will be held before Holloway’s evening lecture.

<snipped>

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/jan/15/mother-natalee-holloway-speak-bristol-ar-1612251/

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »

Hadn't seen the video.

She really thinks she's got something there with that JVS.

Dellusional and Dumb! (AND has money!  What a deal for JVS!)

I know, Monkey King. How does he attract them?  I swear, when I watched the video, I had the firm impression that she didn't care about the money as long as it could provide her a tortured argument that it should allow his sentence to be thrown out.

When Mary Hamer fell out of the dumb sucker tree, she hit every branch on the way down.

Challapalca him!
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

Sorry! I should have mentioned that I live in one of the "Tri-Cities" that include Johnson City, TN and am aware of White Light Productions. They do weddings, high school productions, and some local commercials. It seemed unlikely they'd be producing a documentary around Mary so I went digging.   
Thanks CBB! 
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2012, 03:03:42 AM »

I started counting how many times Mary says, "Attorney "Ye-ma-nez", and couldn't count that high. Geeez........... personally, I don't think this chick is really upset about the money loss. I think she just wants to get the sentence thrown out. She's making a public declaration that Anita took advantage of her, too? Who asked her to send Anita money in the first place; particularly when Mary says that Anita's response to her was that "Some people aren't for saving!"

Mary's a real piece of work. Here's the video (prolly already posted, but I hadn't seen it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fau7rc1uSV8

Hadn't seen the video.

I know, Monkey King. How does he attract them?  I swear, when I watched the video, I had the firm impression that she didn't care about the money as long as it could provide her a tortured argument that it should allow his sentence to be thrown out.

That's about the craziest thing!

Since the lawyer really wasn't able to get him off, she's trying to make HIM look bad!  I can't help but wonder what excuses JVS gave Mary for murdering Stephany.  You know in his version, I'm sure he made himself out to look like the victim.

I'm amazed just how badly she wants him out. 
What is the benefit to her?  Granted, there's been talk of a movie deal, but what about in the long term, long run?  I'm thinking there's some sort of ulterior movitve that we haven't seen come into play yet.

She's like a mother hen wanting to nuture this bad boy.  I wonder what her ex husband/boyfriends were like in comparison. (I'm not aware of any of the above or children coming forward.)

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2012, 03:06:57 AM »

Hadn't seen the video.

When Mary Hamer fell out of the dumb sucker tree, she hit every branch on the way down.

I KNEW there was a reasonable explanation!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »

THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

Sunny Tillman

Natalee Holloway is a name most people know and remember. We remember the struggle her family went through when she went missing in Aruba during the summer of 2005. We also recall the tsunami of news coverage surrounding the case. In 2007, Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mom, was approached by Harper Collins Publishers in New York about telling her story. When that time came, she reached out to her longtime friend and media consultant Sunny Tillman for help.

Sunny Tillman is a 1979 graduate of The Florida State University. She has had a very strong media career since graduation. Sunny explains that when she looks back, her career in media and communication had a fortuitous beginning. It all began when a guy stopped her in the mall for an interview for a public affairs radio show. After the interview, the guy told her, “Hey, why don’t you take this job for me?” He was graduating and needed a replacement. Sunny looked into it and ended up getting the job. That one moment changed the course of her professional future. Little did she know how helpful her career in media would become for her friend, Beth Holloway.

Beth Holloway and Sunny Tillman became friends about ten years ago when Beth began dating one of Sunny’s husband’s golf and hunting buddies. Their children grew up together. When Natalee went missing, Sunny and her husband, Hal, decided to jump in with both feet and do everything they could to help. Sunny quit working for almost three years and dedicated her time to helping Beth. As soon as Beth arrived on the island, she called upon Sunny to help her get the story of Natalee’s disappearance on the news. Beth set up the first news story with a FOX affiliate in their local town of Birmingham. She then set up daily press conferences presented by Beth’s sister-in-law. It took only three days for the story to make national news. Sunny and Beth talked everyday about the reports coming in on the island and state side. During this time, Sunny describes Beth as being “heroic and remarkably poised.”  As the whole world watched, Sunny explains, “Everyone could feel Beth’s anguish. She’s the most courageous woman I’ve ever known. I’m still incredibly proud of her bravery and her determination to get answers.”

Throughout this entire endeavor, both Beth Holloway and Sunny Tillman kept journals. Sunny also recorded and saved as many TV interviews as possible. Sunny says it took about two months before the thought, “We might not get Natalee back,” ever crossed her mind. However, Sunny kept journaling simply to help her peace of mind. It was these journals and TV interviews that Beth and Sunny referred to in order to write Loving Natalee.

Loving Natalee is now on the New York Times Best Seller list and has been made into a Lifetime movie. It has been written in Dutch and is printed in both hardback and paperback editions. In spite of the book’s success, Sunny still explains, “I would have rather not written this book. I’d prefer it if none of this had EVER come about. I’d rather Natalee were here getting ready to graduate from college and looking at medical schools. I’d rather Beth and I were still just girlfriends. But everything has changed. I’m just thankful I was able to lend a hand to my friend and pray that in some small way it helped.”

When asked what main message she and Beth wished to convey with this book, Sunny had this to say in response, “The preface says it all.”

“Messages of personal safety, travel safety, and strength of faith are clear in “Loving Natalee.” It’s about hope. It’s about rising from victim to victor. It’s the story of one woman’s courage to fight for her daughter. Every parent and every young adult must read the book.”

Beth Holloway now travels and gives safety speeches in an effort to help others and educate people on the reality of her situation. With this work, she hopes to help prevent the experience with Natalee from happening to another family.  If you are interested in learning more about Loving Natalee, please visit this web site.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

https://one.fsu.edu/community/Page.aspx?pid=2212&srctid=1&erid=3719399

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2012, 09:25:06 PM »

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »

On Jan. 14, Van der Sloot was transferred to the maximum security prison Ancon I, once known as “Piedras Gordas” or “Fat Rocks,” which holds the country’s highest-profile criminals and is considered the most modern penitentiary in Peru. It has a cellphone jammer installed that may hinder further communications with Hamer.

Still, money is an issue for Van der Sloot. Shortly after reaching Ancon I, Van der Sloot’s accounting shows he withdrew an additional $500 for his own use behind bars. And from Jan. 3-11, he retrieved more than $1,400 in cash, spent $1,500 in legal fees for December, and used $40 on calling cards.
And now that Natalee Holloway has been declared legally deceased, the case in the United States is expected to take a sharp twist: the Holloway family attorney in Alabama has requested Van der Sloot’s extradition.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/21/joran-van-der-sloot-loses-support-of-guardian-angel-mary-hamer.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: January 23, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/article/periodismo-de-investigaci%C3%B3n-%C2%BFd%C3%B3nde-est%C3%A1-el-l%C3%ADmite

Google translation

Investigative journalism where is the line?
Posted on: January 22, 2012

Can a journalist with a hidden camera into a foster home to ask difficult questions an elder? It would seem not. But if the old man is convicted war criminal Heinrich Boere, the situation is different. Nevertheless, two Dutch journalists must appear shortly before a German judge. "A disgrace," says the famous German investigative reporter Günter Walraff.

After they were rejected previous requests for an interview, the journalists decided in 2009 to venture a visit to the former member of the SS, Heinrich Boere, who fled to Germany after the war. There was convicted for the shooting deaths of three Dutch in 1941.
Public Interest
Walraff recognizes that the use of hidden cameras is "from the formal legal point of view, something forbidden." But then you have to evaluate the importance of the information given.

The use of hidden cameras in Dutch journalism is not unusual. There are many television programs in which scams or fraudulent companies have been exposed with hidden cameras. Became world famous TV broadcast in which Joran van der Sloot (Peru Dutchman convicted for murder) is captured by a hidden camera when he confesses his involvement in the death of Natalee Holloway American girl.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2012, 01:59:52 AM »

I wonder how soon after the sentencing was JVS moved to the other prison....

I can't remember the exact time they said he was moved, but it was that Friday nite, 1/13/2012 at between 6-10 pm.  I'll see if I can find the article again.

According to this article, JVS was transferred at 6:35 p.m.

http://www.larepublica.pe/14-01-2012/joran-van-der-sloot-fue-trasladado-ex-penal-de-piedras-gordas

Google translation

Saturday, January 14, 2012 | 6:46 pm
Van der Sloot was taken to Fat Piedras, where his sentence

According to an official statement, at 18:35 pm on the last Friday ordered the transfer abroad from the Castro Castro prison in Piedras BBW, under tight security.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:08 AM »

Hadn't seen the video.

Who in their right mind would wire that kind of money to an attorney or a murderer's mother? No questions asked.

That fact speaks volumes about her. Hope she is not in charge of her business' financials... Just saying.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

I am sorry I got in your box. Awwww....
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »

http://trome.pe/actualidad/1364623/noticia-holandes-pidio-reduccion-sentencia

Google translation

Monday January 23, 2012
Dutch asked for sentence reduction

Joran van der Sloot filed a motion to quash the decision of the Third Criminal Court for inmates in jail, which sentenced him to 28 years of deprivation of liberty for murder and robbery simple young Stephany Flores.

The appeal filed by the legal defense of Van der Sloot will be sent to one of the halls of the Supreme Court for evaluation and issue a final verdict about the legal status of the Dutch currently serving time in prison BBW Stone.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot asked to reduce his sentence
 The killer's defense filed its application and one of the courts of the judiciary will evaluate your request.

Lima. The Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot asked the Supreme Court asked to reduce the sentence of 28 years imprisonment imposed on him by the Third Criminal Court for inmates in jail for the murder of Stephany Flores in May 2010.

http://peru.com/actualidad/joran-van-der-sloot-pide-reducir-su-condena-noticia-39171
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »

Joran Van der Sloot calls for reducing murder conviction

The Dutch brought an action for annulment against the decision of the Third Criminal Court for Prison Inmates that were imposed in 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores.

The Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot asked the Supreme Court reduced the sentence of 28 years of imprisonment imposed for the murder of young Peruvian Stephany Flores, occurred in May 2010.

Through its advocacy, the young man filed a motion to quash the decision of the Collegiate 'B' of the Third Criminal Court for Prison Inmates in the death penalty imposed on him after finding him responsible for the crimes of aggravated homicide and robbery simple.

Once this resource based, will be referred to a Chamber of the Supreme Court to adopt a final decision, according to RPP Noticias.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-23-joran-van-der-sloot-pide-reducir-condena-por-asesinato-noticia_443523.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »

Van der Sloot sentence requires annulment
 Joran wants the ruling of the judge who sentenced him to 28 years in prison, is annulled. He has the Peruvian Supreme Court sent a letter in which he substantiates this request. Peruvian media that report.

Van der Sloot gave immediately after the verdict that he was the punishment of 28 years is excessive. Furthermore, his first confession "never estimated value.

Statement directly from the table
 Van der Sloot was considering an appeal, but that's not there, says his lawyer Jose Jimenez Navarro. With an appeal would only be possible sentences. If the Supreme Court approves the invalidation, the verdict of 28 years off the table cell. The court, the application of Van der Sloot study. It may take several months.

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2012/01_januari/23/binnenland/joran-van-der-sloot-stuurt-brief-nietigverklaring.xml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »

INSIDER: JORAN MOM THINKS HE SHOULD DIE!

“Some lives are NOT worth saving,” the heartbroken mother of convicted Dutch thug JORAN van der SLOOT revealed after his sentence was handed down.

He had listened impassively as he was sentenced to 28 years in prison – but once out of sight of a worldwide television audience Joran exploded in a violent rage.

The 24-year-old convicted murderer struggled with guards, kicked a wall and screamed in anger after learning that he was being immediate­ly transferred to Peru’s toughest prison, leav­ing behind the cushy cell filled with amenities he had bought with bribes.

“Then he turned on his attor­ney, accusing him of letting him down and telling him he had no intention of paying the lawyer’s $4,000 fee,” a source told The ENQUIRER.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/insider-joran-mom-thinks-he-should-die
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »

Thanks to Grace-Land and Northern Rose for posting the latest news of Joran appealing his sentence.

At least all he can appeal is the sentence, and not the conviction since he pleaded guilty. 

I hope the judges who hear the appeal continue to have the strength that Peru has shown so far.

I'll bet he won't (can't) be extradited to the US until the appeal is settled.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »

“Some lives are NOT worth saving,” the heartbroken mother of convicted Dutch thug JORAN van der SLOOT revealed after his sentence was handed down.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/insider-joran-mom-thinks-he-should-die

If Anita did say this, it sounds as if she finally realized her delicious sporter is the Monster the world knows him to be. 

Now the question is, will she do the right thing, and tell us what she knows about the Natalee Holloway case?

Note to Anita:  You can change your name, but you will always be his mother.  You can't change what he did, but you can change the future for Natalee's loved ones.

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.