March 28, 2024, 02:56:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366648 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: January 26, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years

The extradition treaty?  Perfect timing!!  Perfect when the filing of charges by the Peruvian prosecutor is considered.!  Maybe Joran van der Sloot does have guardian angels ... guardian angels in high places.

Is it possible that the 28 year sentence afforded Joran by Peru ... the 28 year sentence that in actuality translates into a much shorter sentence ... will be served in the Netherlands following the outcome of the current appeal?

Janet

++++

Peru, Netherlands agree extradition treaty
Date: 14/05/2011

<snipped>

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request.

<snipped>

http://www.andina.com.pe/ingles/Noticia.aspx?id=5iygkT4lzq8=

jamcakes

Van Der Sloot Appeals 28-Year Sentence
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST

<snipped>

The appeal, filed before the Peruvian Supreme Court, is likely to be adjudicated between April and May, the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/van-der-sloot-appeals-28-year-sentence-dpgonc-20120124-kh_17347906

NANCY GRACE
Joran Pleads Guilty to Murder in Peru
Aired January 11, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: ... Van Der Sloot yawning and laughing in court. What about it, Jane?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST, "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL": Well, I think that this was all highly orchestrated and it was a big farce, and he knew exactly what was going to happen when he walked into court. And there was some kind of behind-the-scenes deal.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »

FROM BOY TO A MURDERER - Instead of wasting time on extradition, his family ought to influence him to tell Beth everything that happened that night that he kidnapped and murdered Natalee .....truth will set you free & will clean up his rash!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

Me thinks Urine understands better than anyone that he must keep himself visible in the media, because if he doesn't keep the lights on, his will go dark. It's called survival. Once the lights fade away justice will come, but what do I know?

::justice2NJ::
Hi KTF

so true, so true - just a matter of time

one down,
two to go

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: January 26, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

O/T

Kermit!!

In the past couple of weeks the Fraser Valley was hit with over a foot of snow as well as freezing temperatures.  However in the past three days the temperature has warmed and the heavens opened up to 48 hours of torrential rains.  Clear skies is where it at today and ... a look at the back of our property reveals a lake.  My point.  The filled in small pond is no longer an issue in preventing you from hopping across the line for a visit.  Border guards are instructed not to shoot frogs as they are not considered illegal. 

Ribbit!

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: January 26, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »

He will be getting many more years.imo

Not in peru. People are doing the math and I'm reading... with good-time and the 2:1 work/study benefit he could be out in 5 1/2 years. I'm angry.

28 years sentence
- 18 years (serves 1/3 sentence)
- 2 years (participates in education program first four years of sentence)
- 18 months pre-trial confinement
======================
5 1/2 years

The extradition treaty?  Perfect timing!!  Perfect when the filing of charges by the Peruvian prosecutor is considered.!  Maybe Joran van der Sloot does have guardian angels ... guardian angels in high places.

Is it possible that the 28 year sentence afforded Joran by Peru ... the 28 year sentence that in actuality translates into a much shorter sentence ... will be served in the Netherlands following the outcome of the current appeal?

Janet

++++

Peru, Netherlands agree extradition treaty
Date: 14/05/2011

<snipped>

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request.

<snipped>

http://www.andina.com.pe/ingles/Noticia.aspx?id=5iygkT4lzq8=

jamcakes

Van Der Sloot Appeals 28-Year Sentence
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST

<snipped>

The appeal, filed before the Peruvian Supreme Court, is likely to be adjudicated between April and May, the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/van-der-sloot-appeals-28-year-sentence-dpgonc-20120124-kh_17347906

NANCY GRACE
Joran Pleads Guilty to Murder in Peru
Aired January 11, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: ... Van Der Sloot yawning and laughing in court. What about it, Jane?

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST, "ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL": Well, I think that this was all highly orchestrated and it was a big farce, and he knew exactly what was going to happen when he walked into court. And there was some kind of behind-the-scenes deal.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

Coincidence?

The extradition treaty between the Netherlands and Peru was reached in May, 2011.  The case was not presented to the prosecution until June, 2011.

Janet

++++++

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 17, 2011

CNN) -- The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN.

<snipped>

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges.  Ricardo Flores said the prosecutor in the case, Miriam Riveros Castellares, is "not moving with the speed that a case of this magnitude merits."

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/peru.van.der.sloot/

s.t.

_____

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

Maybe some of Mary's money was dropped on Sebastian's education?

ISA SCHOOL of ARUBA
2011-2012 TUITION FEE SCHEDULE

Montessori 1/2 day
$7,786.86

Montessori Full Day

Grades 1-5

Grades 6-8

Grades 9-12

*CONVERTED TO USD
----

....but wait, that's not all! If you act right now, there's more.

Additional Fees

Capital Levy Fee ( CLF ) - The non-refundable Capital Levy Fee ( CLF ) is an additional onetime fee for all new students of Awg. 10,600 or USD 6,057.14.  The CLF may be paid over two years, the first ½ due at the start of year one and the second ½ at the start of year two.  The CLF is temporarily waived for students enrolling in the Montessori Kindergarten Program until they move on to grade one, at which time they will be subject to the CLF Fee.

Senior Fee - The non-refundable Senior Fee of Awg. 500.00 or USD 285.71 shall be charged to all students entering grade 12 to address graduation and senior activities.

Administrative Fee (new) – The non-refundable Administrative Fee of Awg. 725.00 or USD 414.29 shall be charged to all students on a payment plan. Students paying in full at the start of the school year are not subject to this fee.

Application Fee – The non-refundable one time Application Fee of Awg. 100.00 or USD 57.15 shall be charged to all new student.

How much money you got? -Dennis Jacobs

http://www.isaruba.com/admissions/school_fees/school_fees.html

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #626 on: January 26, 2012, 03:29:12 PM »

Paul and Anita dropped roughly 175K on Joran's education alone. 1-12 grade.

...and all Joran has to show for it is a rash and a lousy green t-shirt.

Aneeter was right about that karma thing. It's a mutha!

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »

I wonder if the Sloots got tuition discounts at the school because Anita is a teacher? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

Paul and Anita dropped roughly 175K on Joran's education alone. 1-12 grade.

...and all Joran has to show for it is a rash and a lousy green t-shirt.

Aneeter was right about that karma thing. It's a mutha!

A very poor investment of their money for sure. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »

I wonder if the Sloots got tuition discounts at the school because Anita is a teacher? 

I remember reading through the years that Anita did get a faculty discount for the tuition for her sons.

http://books.google.com/books?id=8Qob31JGGaMC&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=discount+tuition+at+international+school+of+Aruba&source=bl&ots=L2u0OLNCPJ&sig=KRKVQvk_dGU3IbO5BPMAdymNFpk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_8EhT_v2H4PdtwfEy4iiCw&ved=0CF8Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=discount%20tuition%20at%20international%20school%20of%20Aruba&f=false

::snipping2::

The family belonged to a country club, and Joran and his brothers attended the International School of Aruba, a small, private English-language school where their mother, Anita, taught art, as she had back in Holland.  The school was expensive, about U.S. $8,000 a year, but faculty family members paid a discounted tuition.

::snipping2:: 

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

Extradition treaties do not appear overnight or even within a year b/c a Joran van der Sloot has been arrested in a country in which there is not an existing treaty.

Any intelligent person knows that it takes years of communication to work out a treaty that both sides will agree to.  There is so much to consider and implement.  It takes years to study feasibility and plan for all situations.  Then it awhile for each country to ratify the treaty after signing it, and years for the treaty after ratification to become implemented.

Don't believe me. Go read for yourself about the process.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

Portrait of a Monster Family

Anita looks a bit of the same, now and then.

But Paulus must have had the bad genes.  He sure aged in just 16 years!

Challapalca him!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: January 26, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »

Extradition treaties do not appear overnight or even within a year b/c a Joran van der Sloot has been arrested in a country in which there is not an existing treaty.

Any intelligent person knows that it takes years of communication to work out a treaty that both sides will agree to.  There is so much to consider and implement.  It takes years to study feasibility and plan for all situations.  Then it awhile for each country to ratify the treaty after signing it, and years for the treaty after ratification to become implemented.

Agree!  And the one with the U.S. is already in place.  The only place Joran will be extradited to will be the U.S. which is certainly a closer ally also than The NL.  That's why we have a treaty in place and they do not.

Joran will NOT be out of jail in any 5 l/2 years either but I sort of wish he would to get him to Alabama faster.

I must just share Beth's sentiments of being satisfied with Joran in a "Midnight Express" type prison where each and every day his life is in jeopardy not only from other criminals but disease and the cold and general squalor unlike most of us have never even seen and never will.

He has already aged ten years.  I do not believe for one minute his life is anything but a living hell, TV or not.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:42 PM »

FROM BOY TO A MURDERER - Instead of wasting time on extradition, his family ought to influence him to tell Beth everything that happened that night that he kidnapped and murdered Natalee .....truth will set you free & will clean up his rash!

2005 ISA School of Aruba Graduate now working for Peruvian Dept. of Corrections
            Hobbies: Poker
            Likes: Scratching his ringworm rash with remaining free time
            Current girlfriend: Scary Mary of the panhandle
            Fave Sayings: "So much bad luck sometimes!"

That mug on him. He's aged twenty years in 6 1/2. It's hard on the body being such a numbnuts.

------------------
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #634 on: January 26, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »

Agree!  And the one with the U.S. is already in place.  The only place Joran will be extradited to will be the U.S. which is certainly a closer ally also than The NL.  That's why we have a treaty in place and they do not.

Joran will NOT be out of jail in any 5 l/2 years either but I sort of wish he would to get him to Alabama faster.

I must just share Beth's sentiments of being satisfied with Joran in a "Midnight Express" type prison where each and every day his life is in jeopardy not only from other criminals but disease and the cold and general squalor unlike most of us have never even seen and never will.

He has already aged ten years.  I do not believe for one minute his life is anything but a living hell, TV or not.

Anna,

I agree. That 5 1/2 years is, as Bush used to say, FAULTY MATH!

Agreed also that Joran looks like he is Rode Hard and Put Away Wet from his short stay in a "cushy" Peruvian prison such as he experienced at Miguel Miguel.  Now that he is at Pietras Gordas, he is finally experiencing a Midnight Express prison and hearing that he is unhappy and sick is kinda heartwarming.  (Did I say that out loud?)  Can't wait to hear that he has been transferred to Challapalca or somewhere equally worse.

Joran's father didn't age well in Aruba.  I expect Joran won't age well in prison anywhere!!

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #635 on: January 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »

That mug on him. He's aged twenty years in 6 1/2. It's hard on the body being such a numbnuts.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #636 on: January 26, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »

Van der Sloot's health deteriorates after move to high security jail in Peru: report

NEWSCORE
Last Updated: 10:28 AM, January 26, 2012

LIMA -- Convicted killer Joran van der Sloot's health has deteriorated since he was moved to a high security prison in Peru, RadarOnline.com reported.

The Dutchman, who was jailed for 28 years for the 2010 murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores, was transferred to maximum security prison Piedras Gordas, in the north of capital Lima, following criticism that conditions at Lima's Castro Castro jail, where he spent 18 months, were too comfortable.

In contrast to Castro Castro, where van der Sloot reportedly bonded with inmates and guards and enjoyed perks such as conjugal visits and internet access, the 24 year old has been placed in solitary confinement at Piedras Gordas and has complained he feels ill and depressed.

"His health has suffered and he is not doing well there," a source told RadarOnline.com. "Joran blames the food and the water. He says that he is depressed and feeling weak all the time."

Mary Hamer, a Florida woman who pays the killer's legal bills, told the gossip site she was "very worried about his deteriorating health."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/peru_report_sloot_health_deteriorates_WbfSdxA7ov3VkZli4D1gXN#ixzz1kaDr9kfS

I'm just very worried that his slow, agonizing death isn't coming soon enough.  He needs to hang himself from a beam in the prison and make sure his hands are in his pockets.  ::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: January 26, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »

How much can the sporter's health deteriorate in a week's time?

Didn't he pull this same stunt when he first went to Castro Castro.?
He refused to eat or drink until they force fed him

I think it is just more of the Van der Sloot theatrics....like a baby holding it's
breath until it gets it way.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #639 on: January 26, 2012, 09:43:05 PM »

How much can the sporter's health deteriorate in a week's time?

Didn't he pull this same stunt when he first went to Castro Castro.?
He refused to eat or drink until they force fed him

I think it is just more of the Van der Sloot theatrics....like a baby holding it's
breath until it gets it way.

I agree.   ::boxingjoran::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.