March 28, 2024, 02:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366650 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: January 28, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-refuses-testify
Joran van der Sloot refuses to testify
January 28, 2012

::snipping2::
A spokesman for a court in Lima told media that Van der Sloot was called as a witness in a case against the three taxi drivers who drove the Dutchman across the Peruvian-Chilean border. They have been charged with failing to report Van der Sloot to the police after he told them he was on the run after killing someone.

The three chauffeurs have refused to reveal any details about their trip with the fleeing Dutchman.

It is not clear why Van der Sloot refused to appear in court on Friday. The next session in the trial will be on Monday, and will be held in the Pedras Gordas prison where Joran van der Sloot is held.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: January 28, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »

Joran refuses to testify?

How can this be?  He's a flipping prisoner!  He has no control over where he is housed or what he does - he has no rights.  They need to have the guards chain his sorry ass and drag it to the court to testify.  If he resists they have my permission to whoop his ass.  Monkey Devil!

Give me a break - this is ridiculous.  Oh and take away his damn cell phone.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #702 on: January 28, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

Joran refuses to testify?

How can this be?  He's a flipping prisoner!  He has no control over where he is housed or what he does - he has no rights.  They need to have the guards chain his sorry ass and drag it to the court to testify.  If he resists they have my permission to whoop his ass.  Monkey Devil!

Give me a break - this is ridiculous.  Oh and take away his damn cell phone.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #703 on: January 28, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-refuses-testify
Joran van der Sloot refuses to testify
January 28, 2012

A spokesman for a court in Lima told media that Van der Sloot was called as a witness in a case against the three taxi drivers who drove the Dutchman across the Peruvian-Chilean border. They have been charged with failing to report Van der Sloot to the police after he told them he was on the run after killing someone.

The three chauffeurs have refused to reveal any details about their trip with the fleeing Dutchman.

It is not clear why Van der Sloot refused to appear in court on Friday. The next session in the trial will be on Monday, and will be held in the Pedras Gordas prison where Joran van der Sloot is held.

That's the sporter - always cooperative with the Peruvian courts!

I hope the judges hearing Joran's appeal, see just how cooperative Joran is!!
Edit-fix quote-missing quote bracket. MB
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:46:04 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: January 28, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »

“Caylee’s Law” Passes State Assembly in California with Overwhelming Bipartisan Support, Headed To the State Senate … Kentucky Proposing Law as Well … Delaware Too

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/01/28/caylees-law-passes-state-assembly-in-california-with-overwhelming-bipartisan-support-headed-to-the-state-senate-kentucky-proposing-law-as-well-deleware-too/

Caylee Anthony’s legacy … There may not have been “Justice for Caylee” … however, other children may receive it.

“Caylee’s law” has passed the State Assembly in California with near unanimous support. The bi-partisan supported bill is now headed to the State Senate. The law inspired by the death of 2 year old Caylee Anthony and the outrage of the “not guilty” verdict of Casey Anthony, the child’s mother who was accused and tried for murder. “Caylee’s Law” would make it a crime for a parent to not report a child’s death or disappearance within 24 hours. However, a misdemeanor and only 1 year in jail seems like a rather lame sentence.

DR. DREW
Aired July 14, 2011 - 21:00   ET

<snipped>

PINSKY: ... What do we, as a public, do with this story that we`ve been so taken by?

HOLLOWAY: Well, I mean, when you think about it, I mean, every tragic event brings about the need for education and change. And it`s unfortunate that a mother could go 31 days without letting anyone know that her daughter was missing. But I mean, it happens time and time again. A horrific event brings about the need for education or change, and that is exactly what is coming out of Caylee`s murder.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/14/ddhln.01.html

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: January 28, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »

Others Might Learn
Loving Natalee

A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 200:
  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.

I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professionals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: January 28, 2012, 12:42:29 PM »

The Goal of Education

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 208:
  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

Page 209:  Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive ...

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: January 28, 2012, 01:32:05 PM »

BRISTOL PUBLIC LIBRARY DISCOVERY SERIES SPEAKER, BETH HOLLOWAY

Description

Bristol Public Library Announces First Speaker in 2012 Discovery Series, Beth Holloway, Mother of Natalee Holloway.

Keeping with current events, the Bristol Public Library would like to announce the first speaker of the 2012 Discovery Series, Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway. The event will be held on Thursday, March 22 at 7:30pm.  Holloway taks about life, courage in sheer adversity, and travel safety.

The purchase of a $50 ticket will support library programs and will provide the ticketholder with access to the private Meet & Greet, reserved seating to the public presentation, and a complimentary copy of Beth Holloway's book Loving Natalee.All other seats are free general admission. Tickets and seating are limited.

Contact

Contact: Bristol Public Library, Marketing Director Sarah Hutchinson
Phone: 276-821-6148
E-mail: marketing@bristol-library.org
URL: www.bristol-library.org

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: January 28, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »

http://visitbristoltnva.net/events/details/bristol-public-library-discovery-series-speaker-beth-holloway/1233

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: January 29, 2012, 02:07:49 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=582598335

http://www.facebook.com/hans.hugen

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #710 on: January 29, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »

If this is the Hans Hugen who is the psychiatrist in the NL, and he is a brother or cousin of Anita, I wonder why he never took any steps to intervene in Joran's mental health crisis. I wonder if this is who  Joran was to see when Anita said Joran was going to the NL for psychiatric treatment before he fled to Peru.

Looks like the whole family enabled Joran!

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: January 29, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »

I wonder if Joran was ever treated by his uncle Hans?  They all enabled this monster.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: January 29, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »

Peru, Netherlands Agree Extradition Treaty

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request. The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

<snipped>

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/140511_4.htm

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

Following the April/May appeal outcome in Peru ... will Joran van der Sloot be afforded a transfer to the Netherlands to serve his sentence for the brutal murder of Stephany Flores?

Janet

+++++

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

<snipped>

Van Der Sloot Appeals 28-Year Sentence
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 2:50 PM EST

<snipped>

The appeal, filed before the Peruvian Supreme Court, is likely to be adjudicated between April and May, the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/van-der-sloot-appeals-28-year-sentence-dpgonc-20120124-kh_17347906

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: January 29, 2012, 04:17:47 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8191.msg1186274#msg1186274

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8191.msg1186359#msg1186359
Buckeye posted:
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #843 7/14/10 - 7/31/10
« Reply #337 on: July 18, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »
Quote from: texasmom on July 18, 2010, 02:41:40 PM
Joran has been setting up the defense for all his crimes for a very long time now.

His mental illness would prevent him from being (properly) punished for all his crimes, so why not extort money from the grieving mother of one of his victims?  Murdering another girl on the anniversary of that crime would just prove to everyone how sick he really is!

And his mother is playing along perfectly.  Maybe she should have been an actress, although her performances so far haven't been convincing in the least to those of us who KNOW better; she certainly isn't an artist.   

They make me sick and they'd better not get away with it!     

JMO

Taking the Money and Running

A few days after the February 2008 broadcast of the hidden-camera video of van der Sloot's latest version of Holloway's disappearance, van der Sloot reportedly checked into a mental health facility in Germany for a few days' evaluation. However, he did not remain long enough for any kind of treatment. His stay there was seen by some as a ruse to make it seem that he was mentally ill when in fact he was perfectly in control of his acts.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/joran_van_der_sloot/6.html

Have to wonder if he was the uncle (or one of them anyway) that was always there to help Joran out...

http://www.motorklassiek.nl/lezersfiets-honda-bol-dor/158/

Google translation:

Readers Bike: Honda Bol d'Or
By the editors on April 9, 2008 - 20:01

Hans Hugen is a member of the Honda Bol d'Or Club Netherlands. This motorcycle enthusiast living in Wolfheze nearly thirty years and drive motor. Talk about motor experience ... From Hans eighteen years he had two Honda CX500's before he was born and his first Bol d'Or was busy.

http://stopvrouwenhandel.hyves.nl/forum/2466502/cI8Y/VROUWENHANDEL_IN_HET_NIEUWS/

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20394155,00.html

SHOCKING STORIES
June 21, 2010 Vol. 73 No. 24

Portrait of a Killer: Natalee Holloway Shocker

By Jill Smolowe

What van der Sloot has had, up until his capture in Chile, is an increasingly desperate time making a life for himself as he's shifted between continents, trying to get a fresh start. After his first arrest in June 2005 for the Holloway disappearance, van der Sloot, an honors graduate of the International School of Aruba, abandoned plans to study sports psychology in Florida and returned to Holland, where he enrolled at the Hogeschool Arnhem/Nijmegen to study international business management.[/b] "On the first day he explained to his class who he was and what he had gone through," says Gert de Groot, the college's director of international business and communication. Over the next two years, van der Sloot's class attendance dropped and his grades plummeted until he flunked out.

After his second Aruba arrest and release in late 2007, he took off for Thailand. In June 2008 he enrolled at Rangsit University International College, which has an exchange program with a Dutch university. The hostility from the Dutch community there was palpable. "He had a hard time studying here," says an American friend and fellow student. "A lot of people didn't want to be associated with him."

During this period his gambling continued. One Aruban acquaintance, Sjona Vrolijk, recalls him chatting up a woman in a casino. When they started to leave together, Vrolijk stopped the woman and said, "Do you know who he is?" Then she mentioned the Holloway disappearance. "He called me a dumb bitch and told me to get away from them," she says. "He was scary."

In Thailand he rode a motorcycle and moved into a $1,000-a-month, three-bedroom house that he eventually shared with his girlfriend from California. "They seemed pretty happy together," says a Thai acquaintance. On weekends he frequented beaches by day and a popular bar strip by night. After a year his landlady evicted him, tired, she says, of the noise and damage that resulted from his many parties. "He was smoking and drinking with girls," she says. "He pretended to be a nice guy, but he's not." She says that after she went to the Dutch embassy and complained about the damage to her floors and tiles, an uncle of van der Sloot's covered the $2,000 in damages. No longer with his girlfriend, he moved into a shabby $150 studio apartment.

In May 2009 he was expelled from Rangsit with a grade-point average of 1.31 out of a possible 4. By then, says attorney Tacopina, van der Sloot "was a gambling addict," and, as a result, "his parents stopped supporting him." A few months later, van der Sloot somehow found funds to open a coffee shop. He put in a lovely but impractical wood floor and glass panels that featured cascading water. Soon he was out of funds. Many students refused to patronize the shop. And he often failed to stock such basics as bread and cheese. With the shop open only intermittently, he eventually had to lay off his Thai staff.

That August, desperate for money, he offered an interview to Jaap Amesz, a Dutch reality-show star, for pay. "I gave him money to solve his debts and the rent for his apartment," says Amesz. In exchange van der Sloot offered a new version of events in the Holloway case: He said she took cocaine and fell off a balcony, after which he dumped her body in a swamp. "His moods can switch from one second to the other," says Amesz. "He has a huge gambling, smoking and drinking addiction." To that list, Tacopina adds marijuana.

By February van der Sloot was so broke that he was living in his restaurant. Following the Feb. 10 death of his father from a heart attack, he negotiated the sale of his restaurant for $12,000 to an American man and Thai woman. The woman says he was distraught over his father's death, sobbing and screaming and claiming he needed money for a plane ticket home. "We made the contract that if he came back, he could buy the cafe back," she says.

Van der Sloot won't be returning anytime soon. Murder in Peru carries a maximum sentence of 35 years in prison. He was also hit last week with extortion and wire fraud charges in the U.S. for allegedly trying to extort $250,000 from Natalee's mother, Beth Holloway, to reveal the circumstances of her daughter's death and the location of her remains. "The fact that he would try to extort money from my sister on the terrible deeds he's done is just despicable," says Beth's brother Paul Reynolds. Those charges could land him in a federal prison. The Holloway family hopes Flores' murder may jar loose new information in Aruba. But if not, says Natalee's dad, Dave, "in my mind, he'll be thinking about Natalee's case while he's sitting behind those prison bars."

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #715 on: January 29, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »

The Nijmegen area is part of the metropolitan Arnhem.

"city region Arnhem-Nijmegen, a metropolitan area with 736,500 inhabitants"

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11
The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

<snipped>

s.t.

Has it been ratified and implemented by BOTH countries yet?

Is it applicable to Joran now?

Is it geared toward VIOLENT crimes or for drug crimes?

Why did Joran's first attny, Altez,  say they would likely pursue if Joran convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 3-5 years, but would have to revisit the question of extradition if Joran rec'd more than 5 years?

So many questions.   

Challapalca him!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #717 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »

Oh, I think you're probably correct about his UNC helping him out... with the motorcycle and everything else, texasmom.

I was looking at some bikes of Hans' today... some of them looked just like what el stupido is trying to manhandle here.

Where do I begin with this picture?

1. A lunatic trying to pilot it?

2. In shorts and flippy flops, as protective gear?

3. No helmet?

4. Ciggy in the mouth obstructing vision?

A glorious disaster! Now, all we need for the motorcycle safety poster would be... for him to try and ENDO on it, or stand up on the bike seat at 65 mph and try and pop-a-wheelie.

This must be Hans' new psychotherapy counseling technique. It's modeled after Darwin's SOTF. If he drives into a pole.... ah, such a pity. If he keeps going on it, he is cured.

I was hoping for the pole scenario, my self.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #718 on: January 29, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »

Somewhere in the Nederlands there is a sweatshop factory that is mass producing plaid shorts and tennis footies for every Dutch boy ever born.

If we ever find out where it is and drop a bunker buster on it...

There's going to be a bunch of young Dutch boys running around stark nekkid as jay birds in bare feet.

Won't be holding on to nothin left, except a bent  tennis racket.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: January 29, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »

The Nijmegen area is part of the metropolitan Arnhem.

"city region Arnhem-Nijmegen, a metropolitan area with 736,500 inhabitants"

And Doetinchem is only 35-40 minutes from Wolfheze (where as of 2008 Hans Hugen had lived for about 30 years), and very near the border with Germany.

http://www.ggnet.nl/site/Werken%20en%20leren/Opleidingen/Opzet%20opleiding%20tot%20psychiater/

Google translation:

There is also an internal education program at GGNet. To learn more about the details of this internal education, about internships, research and counseling services, click here  (pdf).

Psychiatrists in the training group , the following psychiatrists are in the training group GGNet:

Fred Bekker (Choice Stage trainer Geriatric Psychiatry Apeldoorn)
Dr. Christine Sinatra (A substitute trainer, police fear Apeldoorn)
David Bressers (Intensive Care, Warnsveld)
January Cannengieter (Social Psychiatry, Apeldoorn)
Dell Otto Mann (Polyclinic Apeldoorn)
Cornelie Doctor-Feith (Polyclinic Apeldoorn)
Hester van Eyk (Geriatric Psychiatry, Zutphen)
Gert Jan van Gelderen (Polyclinic "Post Zutphen ')
Lucas Goessens (RGC Crisis-/Ziekenhuispsychiatrie Zutphen)
Hans Hugen (Choice Stage hospital psychiatry Doetinchem)
Renate Hulshof-Banus (Scelta Apeldoorn)
Dr. Hummelen ko (Chief Business Treat, ZIB / FPA Warnsveld)
Annemieke van der Laan (Amarum Zutphen)
Egbert Meeter (Social Psychiatry, Apeldoorn)
Rob Mellink (Outpatient Elderly Apeldoorn RGC)
Dr. Paul Naarding (A trainer, Center for Geriatric Psychiatry Apeldoorn)
Dorine Postma (Polyclinic "Post Zutphen ')
Saskia van der Sluijs-Heij (Polyclinic Apeldoorn)
Mike van Tol (Social Psychiatry, Apeldoorn)
Peter de Vries (Apeldoorn region medical director, Social Psychiatry)
Mireille Wijnhout (closed admission department Apeldoorn)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.