March 28, 2024, 04:20:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366659 times)
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #860 on: February 03, 2012, 01:51:04 AM »

IS CHALLAPALCA CLOSED?

Country Reports on Human Rights Practices » Western Hemisphere » Peru
Peru

Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
March 6, 2007

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2006/78902.htm

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

Conditions were especially harsh in maximum-security facilities located at high altitudes. The government responded to criticisms from human rights monitors, including Amnesty International, and permanently closed the Challapalca Prison in Tarata, Tacna in 2005. The Yanamayo prison in Puno was also closed. The high-security prison in Iquitos was in poor condition, with the physical infrastructure of the building near collapse. The prison facility in Maynas was in such disrepair that rubble prevented guards from reaching some watchtowers.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #861 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »

More on poor conditions in Peruvian prisons

and

More on Challapalca shutdown

http://uk.oneworld.net/article/view/139386/1/1996

Latin America's In-Prison Diseases Spilling into General Population

Figures from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) show tuberculosis is now up to 100 times more common in Peruvian prisons than among the free population, while AIDS is about six times easier to contract in Peru's largest prison, San Juan de Lurigancho, than in the streets of Lima, according to Doctors Without Borders.

One reason little has been done to address health in penitentiaries is that prisoners are often seen as not having rights, said Dr. Jose Best, the National Health Coordinator for Peru's Prison Institute.

Amnesty International has led a campaign for the shutdown of Challapalca. All prisoners have been withdrawn from the prison but Amnesty is still urging the government to permanently close the facility.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #862 on: February 03, 2012, 02:09:19 AM »

Challapalca was closed in 2005 and then reopened in 2007.

http://books.google.com/books?id=cNCycF4UEUMC&pg=PA499&lpg=PA499&dq=challapalca+prison+reopened&source=bl&ots=5t_nznXGpL&sig=1T-EwnQF30mgHrSk10N7VuODc3A&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JIYrT-vTFuGC2AXtk93yDg&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=challapalca%20prison%20reopened&f=false

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16274008/70/PARAGUAY

http://www.wcl.american.edu/hrbrief/16/4canton.pdf?rd=1

~~~~
Whew!

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »

::snipping2::

Prison conditions
Challapalca Prison, which is situated over 4,600mabove sea level, reopened in October. Twenty-fourprisoners were immediately transferred there. The prison had been closed in 2005 following national and international pressure, including recommendations by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, that it be closed because its inaccessibility seriously limits prisoners’ rights to maintain contact with the outside world, including with relatives, lawyers and doctors. ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16274008/70/PARAGUAY

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »

http://www.rnw.nl/nederlands/article/nedklets-een-moederhart-begrijpt-en-vergeeft-%E2%80%A6

Google translation

NedKlets! A mother's heart understands and forgives ....
Published: February 3, 2012 - 11:44 am

Story to tell Anita van der Sloot-EXCLUSIVE-that she bonded with her son not to cut completely through. What first looked at it. "Joran is and remains in spite of all my child," she tells Rob Van Vuuren. "As a mother you still have that unconditional love for your child." And so she goes to visit him in Peru, "but I do my own way, completely anonymous." Because she is really fed up with all the media attention.

Since the death of her husband, Paul, in early 2010, she feels all alone to stand. Despite the support of her other "little children" and in Aruba "dear people I get a lot of support. These qualifications paste them at all in the U.S. who are raised as the "guardian angel" who supported her son with advice and financial action.

mary Madonna
This, once as "wealthy" described Mary Anita Hammer claims to have received an email in which it writes that "not every life is worth saving." Anita does not flatly deny that, but that Mary Hamer (himself) to interfere with her ​​own affairs. "

Whether her son in Peru some of her admonishing words attract - "I warn him to her. I should not this woman have "doubts .- Story, for he was recently approached again have American financial assistance" with the plea: Dear Mary, I hope you will support me. "
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Beth Holloway's crime prevention program
February 02, 2012 5:59 PM

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Beth Holloway's world turned upside down on May 30, 2005, when she got a call that her daughter Natalee did not make her flight home from a senior trip to Aruba. Her tragedy made headlines around the world and her book "Loving Natalee" was made into two Lifetime movies.

<snipped>

Beth also created the Natalee Holloway Resource Center to help families who have missing loved ones in those first crucial hours and days. She turned the desperation she faced while searching for Natalee into an important safety message called Mayday 360.

"Mayday 360 was designed to help travelers who find themselves in deep trouble outside of this country. Equipping them with the resources we wish we'd had when Natalee went missing, like government contacts, medical, legal and other areas of assistance," said Beth

<snipped>

http://www.cbs12.com/articles/natalee-4738571-beth-world.html#ixzz1lHS6RYkA

++++++

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman
Publisher: Harperone

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #866 on: February 03, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/nederlands/article/nedklets-een-moederhart-begrijpt-en-vergeeft-%E2%80%A6

Google translation

NedKlets! A mother's heart understands and forgives ....
Published: February 3, 2012 - 11:44 am

Story to tell Anita van der Sloot-EXCLUSIVE-that she bonded with her son not to cut completely through. What first looked at it. "Joran is and remains in spite of all my child," she tells Rob Van Vuuren. "As a mother you still have that unconditional love for your child." And so she goes to visit him in Peru, "but I do my own way, completely anonymous." Because she is really fed up with all the media attention.

Joran must have learned to whine from his Mama.

I wonder if she's bribing the guards now that Crazy Sugar Mary has resigned.

As far as the media is concerned, Anita needs to realize she spawned an International serial killer who likes to stay in the media spotlight.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #867 on: February 03, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »

Apparently whining is not the only thing he learned from Mama Sloot.  She also taught him to lie!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/06/accused-killer-joran-van-der-sloot-brags-women-want-marry-him

De Telegraaf reported Tuesday that van der Sloot expressed no remorse at Flores Ramirez' death during the 20-minute interview its reporter conducted with him in his cell. The paper said van der Sloot claimed to have been "tricked" and that he would "explain later how it all happened."

REPORT: Joran Van Der Sloot "Is Psychologically Disturbed," Says His Mother

"It's my own fault I'm here" he was quoted saying, adding that he expected to spend two years in jail before his trial.

Van der Sloot's mother Anita has said her son suffers from mental problems. She says she doesn't believe he killed Holloway, but if he killed Flores Ramirez, he would have to face his punishment and she wouldn't visit him in jail.

"I have hurt her and too many other people," De Telegraaf quoted him saying. "If only I had listened to her."

~~~~~~

b]"explain later how it all happened."[/b]

We heard that line before! When is it "later", Joran? When you can think of a "better" story?

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #868 on: February 03, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »

LOL - I'm rattling around in this big ole' room by myself.....

Just saw on Val vdS's FB page that he's moved to LA, CA.  I would guess he's graduated from college and trying to break into the film industry.

I wonder if he'll try to peddle his brother's story.   

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #869 on: February 03, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

Ha ha, another dip.....

Do I wonder why RenHo is being so silent after Joran's guilty plea and sentencing?  LOL!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: February 03, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »

LOL - I'm rattling around in this big ole' room by myself.....

Just saw on Val vdS's FB page that he's moved to LA, CA.  I would guess he's graduated from college and trying to break into the film industry.

I wonder if he'll try to peddle his brother's story.   

Link to facebook please and/or screen cap   
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #871 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

link to Val's FB

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=563135080

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »

Link to Valentijn's linkedin

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/valentijn-van-der-sloot/22/b28/8b0

Valentijn van der Sloot
Talent & Specials Intern at Comedy Central

Los Angeles, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Industry
Media Production
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #873 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »

According to Valentijn's linkedin--

He's scheduled to graduate in 2012--

Emerson College BA, Film and Television Production
2008 – 2012 (expected)

Activities and Societies: Honors Program Scholar, Resident Advisor, Office of Housing and Resident Life, Emerson Global Network, National Broadcast Society, Frames Per Second, Emerson Independent Video

Intern at Comedy Central--

Talent & Specials Intern Comedy Central Public Company;
201-500 employees;
Entertainment industry
January 2012 – Present (2 months) Santa Monica, CA 
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #875 on: February 03, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »

Valentijn van der Sloot

Los Angeles, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
    Media Production

Valentijn van der Sloot's Overview

Current

Media Production Director at Aruba International Film Festival
        Resident Advisor at Emerson College

Past

Production Intern at Aruba film
        Marketing and Promotions Intern at Aruba Adventures
        Commercial Producer at Emerson Independent Video

Education

Emerson College
        International School of Aruba

Connections

189 connections
Websites

IMDB Page
        Aruba Int'l Film Festival

Valentijn van der Sloot's Experience
Talent & Specials Intern
Comedy Central

Public Company; 201-500 employees; Entertainment industry

January 2012 – Present (2 months) Santa Monica, CA
Media Production Director
Aruba International Film Festival

Media Production industry

January 2011 – Present (1 year 2 months) Aruba

-Produce promotional content for television and online distribution reaching over 8,000 viewers.
-Aid in securing annual grants from investors and sponsors.
-Coordinate media events with various entertainment outlets including the Hollywood Foreign Press and Getty Images.
-Organize personal interviews with high profile celebrities including Richard Gere, Kim Cattrall, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, Patricia Clarkson and Jonathan Demme.
-Manage talent and coordinate with entertainment public relations firm Rogers and Cowan.
-Supervise a team of festival volunteers and film enthusiasts.
Resident Advisor
Emerson College

Educational Institution; 201-500 employees; Higher Education industry

May 2009 – Present (2 years 10 months) Greater Boston Area

-Serve as a student resource and advocate.
-Plan and organize campus wide programming events ranging from service outreach to community building.
-Assist in policy enforcement and perform general administrative and office functions.
Production Intern
Aruba film

Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Media Production industry

January 2010 – December 2010 (1 year) Aruba

-Assistant to the executive producer
-Managed talent and coordinated media events
-Produced and distributed promotional material ranging from public screenings to casting calls
-Performed general office functions
Marketing and Promotions Intern
Aruba Adventures

May 2009 – December 2010 (1 year 8 months) Aruba

-Produced a series of promotional videos and flyers
-Created in-depth social media network and maintained personal client database
-Coordinated transportation and general office functions
Commercial Producer
Emerson Independent Video

Nonprofit; 51-200 employees; Telecommunications industry

August 2008 – May 2009 (10 months) Greater Boston Area

-Directed and produced commercials and promotional material to air on The Emerson Channel and online.
-Maintained a social network database of both clients and student volunteers
Valentijn van der Sloot's Languages

Dutch
    Spanish
    Papiamento
    English

Valentijn van der Sloot's Skills

Production Management
    Talent Management
    Public Relations
    Television
    Film
    Entertainment

Valentijn van der Sloot's Education
Emerson College
BA, Film and Television Production

2008 – 2012 (expected)

Activities and Societies: Honors Program Scholar, Resident Advisor, Office of Housing and Resident Life, Emerson Global Network, National Broadcast Society, Frames Per Second, Emerson Independent Video
International School of Aruba
High School

Activities and Societies: National Honors Society (NHS) President, Valedictorian, President's Education Award Recipient, Society of High School Scholars, Varsity Basketball, Model United Nations Representative
Valentijn van der Sloot's Additional Information

Websites:

IMDB Page
        Aruba Int'l Film Festival

Interests:

Media Production and Management, Film and Television, Travel
Groups and Associations:

Office of Housing and Residence Life (OHRL), Frames Per Second (FPS), National Broadcast Society (NBS), Emerson International, Emerson Global Network, National Collegiate Honors Council, Aruba International Film Festival, Developed Images, Em Magazine, Gauge Magazine

Emerson College Networking Group logo
        Emerson College Networking Group
        Emerson College VMA logo
        Emerson College VMA
        Film and Television Industries Professionals logo
        Film and Television Industries Professionals

Honors and Awards:

Recognized by "Who's Who Amongst American Universities and Colleges" (2011), Presented Undergraduate Thesis at National Collegiate Honors Conference (NCHC) in Kansas City 2010, Photographers Forum Magazine Finalist 2011, 1st Place Focal Press Photography Contest 2010, 2nd Place Red Eye Photography Contest 2010, Published in The Emerson Review, Published in Developed Images, Developed Images Gallery Exhibit 2010, Campus Center Solo Exhibit 2010, Trustee Scholarship 2008-2011, President's Education Award 2008, Women's Club of Aruba 'Best Graduate' 2008, Access Art Gallery Exhibit 2008

Valentijn van der Sloot's Publications

Plain China: National Anthology of Best Undergraduate Writing 2010
        Bennington College
        May 9, 2011
    Authors: Valentijn van der Sloot

Plain China is a national literary anthology that aims to showcase the best undergraduate writing from across the country, while providing a venue for top-notch artwork as well.
    Gauge Magazine
        Emerson College
        May 3, 2011

Gauge is the oldest non-fiction magazine at Emerson College. It features cutting-edge literary journalism, fiction, poetry, and design, for which it won a HOW Magazine award and a Society of Publication Designers award. The Society of Professional Journalists nominated Gauge as one of the best college magazines in the country.
    Emmagazine
        Emerson College
        May 10, 2010

emmagazine is Emerson's only lifestyle magazine dedicated to providing real experience on a commercial style magazine. The magazine covers fashion and beauty, relationships, features, fitness, entertainment, and Emerson news.
    The Emerson Review
        Emerson College
        April 30, 2010

This award-winning literary magazine is edited by undergraduates and issued biannually. It includes short stories, poetry, articles, and reviews by students, as well as work solicited from graduate students, faculty, and guest authors.
    Photographer's Forum Magazine

Established in 1977, Photographer's Forum magazine is an award-winning quarterly publication dedicated to quality reproduction of photography in the United States and Canada. Each issue strives to facilitate communication and publication experience among emerging professionals.
    Focal Press
        Elsevier

Focal Press publishes the best Photography and Digital Imaging books covering Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, Apple Aperture, Corel Painter and much more.
    Best of College Photography 2011
        Serbin Communications
        May 2011

Finalist in the Photographer's Forum Contest co-sponsored by Nikon. My image was chosen out of 13,960 photographs submitted from the US, Canada, and worldwide.
    National Collegiate Honors Conference
        NCHC
        October 2010

The National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) is the professional association of undergraduate Honors programs and colleges; Honors directors and deans; and Honors faculty, staff, and students. NCHC provides support for institutions and individuals developing, implementing, and expanding Honors education through curriculum development, program assessment, teaching innovation, national and...more

Valentijn van der Sloot's Summary

Organized, result-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks and adjusting to new challenges quickly and with a positive attitude.
Specialties

Entertainment Professional

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #876 on: February 03, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »

Guess Val's doing a required internship before he graduates.

He forgot to mention in his linkedin resume:

brother of INTERNATIONAL SERIAL KILLER, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: February 03, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »

Guess Val's doing a required internship before he graduates.

He forgot to mention in his linkedin resume:

brother of INTERNATIONAL SERIAL KILLER, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Val seems to be doing very well in school academically and preparing for a successful future.

Joran's dream was to come to the United States for college and beyond.  Not gonna happen, Joran!  ::boxingjoran::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: February 03, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

WOW, Comedy Central intern.  Nice internship to get!   Not sure how I feel about his.  From all appearances, he is the most "normal" of the 3 Sloot brothers. 
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: February 03, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »

WOW, Comedy Central intern.  Nice internship to get!   Not sure how I feel about his.  From all appearances, he is the most "normal" of the 3 Sloot brothers. 
Question...

Would you change your last name if you were him?

Is it hurtful to his career or no?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.