March 28, 2024, 03:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion # 863 1/13/12 - 2/07/12  (Read 366653 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: February 04, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

Considering the court appears to have granted Phil McGraw's motion to change the judge residing over the lawsuit ... the judge who has granted the Kalpoes multiple extentions to comply with requests to produce case documents .... maybe the new judge will follow through and dismiss the lawsuit.  If not ... in 2 1/2 months Monkeys will be following a trial.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom ... a poisonous fly.

Janet

++++++

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

<Respectfully snipped by Tamikosmom>

04/23/2012 at 08:33 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (J/T 35 DAY EST.)

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #901 on: February 04, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »

No wonder Joran is unhappy and desperate for money.  I'm guessing the $500 he withdrew on the day he was transferred to Piedras Gordas didn't go too far.

::snipping2::

2010 Human Rights Report: Peru

Prison conditions were harsh for most of the country's 45,599 inmates, of whom 2,784 were women, 985 were juveniles ages 18-19 years. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operates 57 of the country's active prisons, while the Peruvian National Police (PNP) has jurisdiction over 14. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison; prisoners who lacked funds experienced much more difficult conditions. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. There was basic medical care at most prisons, but there were complaints that inmates had to pay for medical attention. There was also a lack of doctors; only 54 doctors worked at the country's 71 prisons, with 34 based in the capital city area. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 8,730 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Prison guards and fellow inmates reportedly abused prisoners. Guards received little or no training or supervision. There were killings in prisons, most attributed to fellow inmates. In addition, during a December inspection in Lurigancho prison, authorities found the body of Leslie Dayan Paredes, a visitor, in the cell of her boyfriend. The inmate, Jackson Sanford Staling Conket, confessed to killing Dayan and hiding her body when she visited him in August, and authorities suspended police personnel for failing to notice that she never checked out of the prison.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154516.htm
~~~~~~

Good grief! He managed to hide a body from August until December!

No surprise shakedowns.....so if a prisoner has contraband, it might be a long time before it is found, or if at all, if the guard is bribed to look the other way.

Overall, conditions sound as if they meet a "Midnight Express" prison.

Extradition to the Netherlands - 

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #902 on: February 04, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

does the Netherlands have an Extradition Treaty with the United States?

Data on US - Netherlands Treaty

STATUS: [*1] Convention signed at Washington January 18, 1904, supplementing convention of June 2, 1887 Senate advice and consent to ratification January 27, 1904
Ratified by the Netherlands April 4, 1904
Ratified by the President of the United States May 26, 1904
Ratifications exchanged at Washington May 28, 1904
Proclaimed by the President of the United States May 31, 1904
Entered into force August 28, 1904
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

http://internationalextraditionblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/suriname-extension.pdf

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #903 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

Does anyone really believe that just because a prisoner applies to be transferred that both countries will be "obligated" to allow that?  That the leaders of ANY country would even propose a treaty that would give convicted criminals that kind of power over their respective judicial systems?

Remember, we're talking about PRISONERS here!

I don't think that's what it means at all.

I think it means that the prisoner will ONLY be transferred IF both countries agree.  And without the agreement OF BOTH COUNTRIES they stay right where they're at to serve their sentence.

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: February 04, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

Does anyone really believe that just because a prisoner applies to be transferred that both countries will be "obligated" to allow that?  That the leaders of ANY country would even propose a treaty that would give convicted criminals that kind of power over their respective judicial systems?

I think it means that the prisoner will ONLY be transferred IF both countries agree.  And without the agreement OF BOTH COUNTRIES they stay right where they're at to serve their sentence.

JMO

BBM That's what I think too.  Just because a prisoner applies to be transferred doesn't mean both countries are obligated to the transfer.  I believe BOTH would have to agree to the transfer. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: February 04, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »

JMO

ITA!

The treaty between Peru and the NL is geared primarily at drug offenses anyway. 

Peruvian Foreign Relations Minister Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed the agreement with his Dutch counterpart, Uri Rosenthal, on Thursday, daily La Republica reported.  The main reason for the treaty is the prison terms of Dutch nationals serving sentences for drug-related convictions.

http://www.peruviantimes.com/13/van-der-sloot-may-qualify-for-extradition-under-peru-netherlands-treaty/12222/

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: February 04, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »

No wonder Joran is unhappy and desperate for money.  I'm guessing the $500 he withdrew on the day he was transferred to Piedras Gordas didn't go too far.

2010 Human Rights Report: Peru

Prison conditions were harsh for most of the country's 45,599 inmates, of whom 2,784 were women, 985 were juveniles ages 18-19 years. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operates 57 of the country's active prisons, while the Peruvian National Police (PNP) has jurisdiction over 14. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison; prisoners who lacked funds experienced much more difficult conditions. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. There was basic medical care at most prisons, but there were complaints that inmates had to pay for medical attention. There was also a lack of doctors; only 54 doctors worked at the country's 71 prisons, with 34 based in the capital city area. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 8,730 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Prison guards and fellow inmates reportedly abused prisoners. Guards received little or no training or supervision. There were killings in prisons, most attributed to fellow inmates. In addition, during a December inspection in Lurigancho prison, authorities found the body of Leslie Dayan Paredes, a visitor, in the cell of her boyfriend. The inmate, Jackson Sanford Staling Conket, confessed to killing Dayan and hiding her body when she visited him in August, and authorities suspended police personnel for failing to notice that she never checked out of the prison.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154516.htm
~~~~~~

Good grief! He managed to hide a body from August until December!

No surprise shakedowns.....so if a prisoner has contraband, it might be a long time before it is found, or if at all, if the guard is bribed to look the other way.

Overall, conditions sound as if they meet a "Midnight Express" prison.

Extradition to the Netherlands - 

Leslie Dayan Paredes was the woman they found in cement inside the prisoners cell.  Some reports called the area she was buried in a cement bench.

This is a picture of her still in the cement.  WARNING:  GRAPHIC

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/03/article-1335114-0C54D8CB000005DC-222_468x286.jpg

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9013.msg1270808#msg1270808

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/12/01/16386601.html

Man buries girlfriend in his jail cell

By AFP

LIMA - A Dutchman imprisoned in Lima for drug trafficking murdered his girlfriend during a visit and walled up body in his jail cell, police said Monday.

Authorities discovered the body of 22-year-old Leslie Paredes Silva three months later.

Jason Sanford Stalig Conquet, 32, confessed to his crime when prison guards asked him about the odor emanating from a concrete ledge he had built into a corner of his cell to hide the body of 22-year-old Peruvian Leslie Paredes Silva, they said.

The head of the national prison system Wilson Hernandez told RPP radio that Stalig Conquet received a visit from Paredes in the Lurigancho prison sometime in August.

"Apparently they had an argument inside (the cell) and he ended up strangling her," he said

"He also confessed to police that he built a sort of cement bench in his cell and that he buried his girlfriend there," he added.

The woman's body was removed by prison officials and taken to a morgue.

The gruesome discovery has raised a storm of criticism of the authorities failure to keep track of all visitors to the prison, as well as for the gross overcrowding at the facility, which was built in the 1960s to house 2,000 inmates but that now holds four times as many.

The police said in a statement it was investigating the prison murder and that any negligence on the part of security personnel in charge of Lurigancho would be severely punished.

Stalig Conquet is the second Dutchman charged with murder this year in Peru.

Joran Van der Sloot, 23, was charged in May with killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, also Peruvian, in a Lima hotel. Apparently, she had stumbled on information linking him to the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of US national Natalee Holloway.

And the prisoner that did that...was from Curacao

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9013.msg1270811#msg1270811

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81730.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

Curaçao in Peru kills girlfriend in cell

December 1, 2010, 13:03 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG / LIMA - A Curaçao trapped in Lima, Peruvian girlfriend has been murdered when she visited him in his cell.

This Peruvian media reported Monday. Curaçao was concerned that one morning reported by Vigilante. These Sanford Jackson Conket staling. He was twice convicted for drug trafficking and is stuck in San Pedro prison in Lima. Prison staff noticed a strange smell in his cell and questioned him about it. Then Conket known that his 22-year-old girlfriend, Peruvian Leslie Dayana Paredes Silva in August had strangled her after a heated debate and then was buried in his cell, reports the AP.

Media in Peru are amazed that prison staff do not have found that Paredes has entered the prison but then never left. Any visit to Peru's prisons is recorded. There is consternation at the fact that his girlfriend Conket under a layer of cement was able to bury. How did he come to that cement, one wonders. A few prison employees have been suspended, the media reported. The police has started an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the murder.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: February 04, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »

JMO

ITA!

The treaty between Peru and the NL is geared primarily at drug offenses anyway. 

Peruvian Foreign Relations Minister Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed the agreement with his Dutch counterpart, Uri Rosenthal, on Thursday, daily La Republica reported.  The main reason for the treaty is the prison terms of Dutch nationals serving sentences for drug-related convictions.

http://www.peruviantimes.com/13/van-der-sloot-may-qualify-for-extradition-under-peru-netherlands-treaty/12222/

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: February 04, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »

A Dutch poster from the Netherland was under the impression that an extradition treaty between Aruba and United States did not include extortion.

Extradition between the Netherlands/Aruba and the US has been a topic of discussion in the past.  Is there an online document that tells all?

Janet

++++++

Jo-Ann
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #840 6/17/10 - 6/22/10
« Reply #1579 on: June 21, 2010, 08:21:13 PM »

I was told that Aruba and the US only have an extradition treaty when it comes to drug related cases and not extortion for instance.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8135.msg1166408#msg1166408

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: February 04, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »

Joran's transfer from Peru to the Netherlands?  When I consider the words in the article I posted ... I speculate he will.  However ... I could be wrong.  What will be will be.  Time will tell.

Hey ... I speculate that Joran's request to be be returned to Castro Castro.  Again ... I could be wrong.

Janet

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #910 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »

Leslie Dayan Paredes was the woman they found in cement inside the prisoners cell.  Some reports called the area she was buried in a cement bench.

This is a picture of her still in the cement.  WARNING:  GRAPHIC

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/03/article-1335114-0C54D8CB000005DC-222_468x286.jpg

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9013.msg1270808#msg1270808

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/12/01/16386601.html

Man buries girlfriend in his jail cell

By AFP

LIMA - A Dutchman imprisoned in Lima for drug trafficking murdered his girlfriend during a visit and walled up body in his jail cell, police said Monday.

Authorities discovered the body of 22-year-old Leslie Paredes Silva three months later.

Jason Sanford Stalig Conquet, 32, confessed to his crime when prison guards asked him about the odor emanating from a concrete ledge he had built into a corner of his cell to hide the body of 22-year-old Peruvian Leslie Paredes Silva, they said.

The head of the national prison system Wilson Hernandez told RPP radio that Stalig Conquet received a visit from Paredes in the Lurigancho prison sometime in August.

"Apparently they had an argument inside (the cell) and he ended up strangling her," he said

"He also confessed to police that he built a sort of cement bench in his cell and that he buried his girlfriend there," he added.

The woman's body was removed by prison officials and taken to a morgue.

The gruesome discovery has raised a storm of criticism of the authorities failure to keep track of all visitors to the prison, as well as for the gross overcrowding at the facility, which was built in the 1960s to house 2,000 inmates but that now holds four times as many.

The police said in a statement it was investigating the prison murder and that any negligence on the part of security personnel in charge of Lurigancho would be severely punished.

Stalig Conquet is the second Dutchman charged with murder this year in Peru.

Joran Van der Sloot, 23, was charged in May with killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores, also Peruvian, in a Lima hotel. Apparently, she had stumbled on information linking him to the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of US national Natalee Holloway.

And the prisoner that did that...was from Curacao

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9013.msg1270811#msg1270811

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81730.php

Google translation:

CURACAO

Curaçao in Peru kills girlfriend in cell

December 1, 2010, 13:03 (GMT -04:00)

PHILIPSBURG / LIMA - A Curaçao trapped in Lima, Peruvian girlfriend has been murdered when she visited him in his cell.

This Peruvian media reported Monday. Curaçao was concerned that one morning reported by Vigilante. These Sanford Jackson Conket staling. He was twice convicted for drug trafficking and is stuck in San Pedro prison in Lima. Prison staff noticed a strange smell in his cell and questioned him about it. Then Conket known that his 22-year-old girlfriend, Peruvian Leslie Dayana Paredes Silva in August had strangled her after a heated debate and then was buried in his cell, reports the AP.

Media in Peru are amazed that prison staff do not have found that Paredes has entered the prison but then never left. Any visit to Peru's prisons is recorded. There is consternation at the fact that his girlfriend Conket under a layer of cement was able to bury. How did he come to that cement, one wonders. A few prison employees have been suspended, the media reported. The police has started an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the murder.

Dang - this just reinforces the Peruvian Hell-hole reports. I hope Joran has to lanquish in these "Midnight Express" prisons for his full 28 years.

Parole - 

Extradition to the NL - 

Thanks, Texasmom!

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:32 PM »

Has the Extradition Treaty been approved and passed by the parliaments of the Netherlands and Peru?  When the extortion charges that await Joran at the end of his Peruvian sentence is considered ... does the Netherlands have an Extradition Treaty with the United States?

The family of Natalee Holloway must be experiencing so many emotions in regards to the unanswered questions.  Justice prevailing for Stephany can be translated into a measure of justice or Natalee.

Janet

++++++

Peru, Netherlands Agree Extradition Treaty

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request. The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

<snipped>

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/140511_4.htm

s.t.

It appears that Joran's attorney is under the impression that his client who had been convicted of brutally murdering a Peruvian citizen may qualify for transfer to the Netherlands under the new treaty.

I wish I could locate online documents outlining extradition treaty conditions between Peru and the Netherland ... between the Netherlands/Aruba and the United States.

Janet

_____

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #912 on: February 04, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »

Extradition between the Netherlands/Aruba and the US has been a topic of discussion in the past.  Is there an online document that tells all?

All treaties listed here.

http://www.oas.org/juridico/mla/en/usa/index.html

Challapalca him!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »

I am just happy that Anita's delicious sporter is in prison.   He is a caged criminal, even if he has a cell phone or other electronics, he has no freedom to go into the outside
world.  Unless someone provides him money for decent food and drink, he is subjected
to the same slop as other prisoners.  The money will dry up sooner or later and he
will be left on his own, always looking over his shoulder and wondering if the Flores
family has called in their favors.
What on earth would Holland want with him?   Surely they aren't proud that he is
of Dutch decent.   He is a murderer.   The tready is for the exchange of criminals
who commit more minor offenses, as I understand it. 
 ::boxingjoran::

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: February 04, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »

I am just happy that Anita's delicious sporter is in prison.   He is a caged criminal, even if he has a cell phone or other electronics, he has no freedom to go into the outside
world.  Unless someone provides him money for decent food and drink, he is subjected
to the same slop as other prisoners.  The money will dry up sooner or later and he
will be left on his own, always looking over his shoulder and wondering if the Flores
What on earth would Holland want with him?   Surely they aren't proud that he is
of Dutch decent.   He is a murderer.   The tready is for the exchange of criminals

I agree Magnolia, it does my heart good to know he's finally where he belongs for a long, long time.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #915 on: February 04, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »

I agree Magnolia, it does my heart good to know he's finally where he belongs for a long, long time.

I agree with both of you, Magnolia and Texasmom.

He's locked away from the outside world for now where he can't hurt anymore innocent women.  He's got to withstand harsh summer & winter weather, awful food, the threat of catching TB, HIV, STD's, and the fear of being raped and murdered.

IMO, he's right where he belongs.

And the fact that he's unhappy, unhealthy and broke doesn't make me feel sorry for him one little bit.  IMO, he isn't suffering enough - Challapalca him!

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: February 04, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

Challapalca him!    ::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »

::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #918 on: February 04, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #919 on: February 04, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »

CHALLAPALCA PRISON

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.