April 18, 2024, 06:11:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawna Natzke ,46yr, Missing 12/21/11 in Hot Springs Village, AR (BODY FOUND)  (Read 33461 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »

I am sure this Christmas has been filled with such heartache for this family.
I pray justice will provide them with some peace.  It won't be closure -- for there is never closure for loved ones lost in this manner.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2013, 01:36:48 AM »

http://origin.thv11.com/news/crime/289331/370/-UPDATE-Kevin-Duck-waives-extradition

UPDATE: Kevin Duck waives extradition
6:52 PM, Dec 2, 2013

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - An update has been issued by police on plans to bring Kevin Duck back to Hot Springs to face murder charges.

Colorado authorities arrested Kevin last week, and he waived his extradition hearing over the weekend.

He's charged with first degree murder in the death of 46-year-old Dawna Natzke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/290719/2/Murder-suspect-back-in-Arkansas-for-dispatcher-murder-

Kevin Duck back in Arkansas charged with Dawn Natzke's murder
5:21 PM, Dec 12, 2013

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The man charged with the murder of a local dispatcher has returned to Arkansas.

Kevin Duck, 30, is charged with first degree murder for the death of 46-year-old Dawna Naztke.

Duck was arrested in Colorado Nov. 27 and brought back to Arkansas Tuesday Dec. 10.

He is scheduled to appear in Garland County Circuit Court Dec. 16, at 8:30 a.m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/article/20131217/NEWS01/312170028/State-Briefs

Man pleads not guilty in dispatcher's death

HOT SPRINGS (AP) – A man charged in the 2011 death of an Arkansas police dispatcher has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.

Kevin Duck faces the murder charge in his girlfriend Dawna Natzke’s death.

One of Duck’s lawyers, T. Clay Janske, said Duck appeared in court on Monday and pleaded not guilty.

Duck is being held in Garland County jail on $250,000 bond.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/man-charged-with-murder-expected-back-in-court/d/story/Z6AgvFC1rkSXfN39M69HDg

Man Charged With Murder Expected Back In Court
Melissa Schroeder

12/29/2013 06:56 PM
12/30/2013 11:58 AM

GARLAND COUNTY -- The man charged for murdering his ex-girlfriend -- a Hot Springs Village dispatcher -- is expected back in court this week.

Kevin Duck's scheduled to go before a judge in Garland County on Monday morning for a bond reduction hearing.

His bond was originally set at $250,000.

His attorneys would like that lowered so they can work more closely with Duck on the case.

Prosecutors believe Duck killed Dawna Natzke back in December of 2011.

http://www.knoe.com/story/24324967/bond-hearing-set-for-man-in-ark-dispatcher-death

Man charged in Ark. woman's death seeks lower bond
Posted: Dec 30, 2013 3:03 AM CST Updated: Dec 30, 2013 4:23 PM CST

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - A judge has reduced the bond for a man charged in the 2011 death of an Arkansas police dispatcher - although not by as much as the suspect wanted.

Prosecutor Steve Oliver says the judge on Monday reduced Kevin Duck's bond from $250,000 to $150,000. Duck had asked that bond be reduced to $50,000.

Duck has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of his girlfriend - Dawna Natzke - who was a police dispatcher in Hot Springs Village. Duck's attorney did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 01:58:09 AM »

I pray justice will provide them with some peace.  It won't be closure -- for there is never closure for loved ones lost in this manner.

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/291144/2/Not-guilty-plea-in-dispatcher-murder

In the video at the link above, Dawna's mother talks about how she'd lost hope that they'd arrest Kevin while she was still alive.  I hope the fact that he has been arrested and charged with Dawna's murder brings her some peace; and I hope he won't be able to bond out of jail so that she will know exactly where he is at all times.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:41 AM »

In the video at the link above, Dawna's mother talks about how she'd lost hope that they'd arrest Kevin while she was still alive.  I hope the fact that he has been arrested and charged with Dawna's murder brings her some peace; and I hope he won't be able to bond out of jail so that she will know exactly where he is at all times.

I agree texasmom.

I am confused as why the POS's lawyer wanted the bond reduced so they could work more closely with their client.  Wonder what the h@ll that means?  It really bothers me when the bond is reduced for no apparent reason.  All just game playing in my opinion, but what do I know?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:02 AM »

I agree texasmom.

I am confused as why the POS's lawyer wanted the bond reduced so they could work more closely with their client.  Wonder what the h@ll that means?  It really bothers me when the bond is reduced for no apparent reason.  All just game playing in my opinion, but what do I know?

I had the same thoughts about the bond reduction, didn't make sense to me either!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2014, 04:53:52 AM »

I agree texasmom.

I had the same thoughts about the bond reduction, didn't make sense to me either!

Additional thoughts about a lower bond...Dawna's family won't feel safe with him out of jail, and I wouldn't put it past him to try to intimidate witnesses either.

JMO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

Here's the link and a snip texasmom posted earlier in this thread as part of the discussion of a possible bond reduction for Kevin Duck.  I hope he stays behind bars too, (especially for Dawna's family's sake) but keep in mind, bail is not supposed to be punitive, but is to be a means to ensure the defendant returns for hearings, trials etc.  He is still innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, etc.    I hope the article I posted below will give some understanding how it's supposed to work.  Kevin Duck's attorney is using the basis of lowering the bond amount that is keeping him in jail and in his opinion, keeping him from working with him on his defense.  Jails have rules on hours etc., even for attorneys, and there may not be much if any way to have private discussion between client and attorney.  I'm not taking one side over another, just wanted folks to understand the purpose of bail and how it can be misused.  We don't want Kevin Duck getting off the hook sometime down the line because he was denied the opportunity to make a defense etc.  
Kevin Duck pleads not guilty to Dawna Natzke's murder
December 16, 2013

Kevin Duck, 30, appeared in court Monday morning and entered a not guilty plea. He also asked the judge to reduce his $250,000 bond. That hearing will take place Dec. 30.

"We hope to get him out on bond because it's easier for us to work with a defendant - when they can come to your office and do things of that nature," said Clay Janske, Duck's Attorney.

Here's the article I hope helps:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/getting-out-of-jail-after-you-have-been-arrested.html
Getting Out of Jail after You Have Been Arrested

The Process of Setting Bail

If you have been arrested, you will probably want to know how much your bail will be as soon as possible. If you are required to see a judge before your bail amount is set, you are probably going to spend some time in jail, often a weekend in jail (this is sometimes a tactic used by the police -- they arrest you on Friday, meaning that the earliest you will see a judge to set bail is Monday), and even up to five days. However, if you were arrested for a common type of crime, jails often have a chart that can be used to set standard bail amounts which means getting out is a simple matter of paying the standard amount.

The Eighth Amendment of the United States Constitution establishes that no person can have an excessive bail amount set against them. This has been held to mean that bail cannot be used as a way for the government to raise money for itself or punish a person for being arrested. The Eight Amendment is there to ensure that bail is not used for a purpose other than to guarantee that an arrested person comes back to court at the appointed time. The bail cannot be more than is reasonable to accomplish that.

Despite the theory behind the Eighth Amendment, judges often use excessively high bail amounts to prohibit an arrested individual from getting out of jail. This type of excessive bail is often used for people that have been arrested on suspicion of dealing drugs, murder or other crimes where flight is a real possibility. Many people have argued that this type of high bail violates the Eighth Amendment, but almost all have been unsuccessful.

There are also situations in which bail is set at a reasonable amount, but the arrestee still cannot afford to pay the bail. When this happens, the arrested individual must wait to ask the judge to lower the bail amount at a special bail hearing or during the defendant's first court appearance. Depending upon your financial situation, the judge may decide to lower your bail amount, which could making getting out of jail easier.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »

Correction to my above post ^^^^^.  The link was from one of texasmom's posts, the snip was from the article she provided the link to.  In other words, she didn't provide the snip.  Clear as mud now?  Oh boy.  Sorry if I muddled it.  Hope you know what I mean.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2014, 09:30:28 AM »

Thanks for the article . . .

I understand; however, I also agree with texasmom about intimidating witnesses . . . such a fine line.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »

Thanks for the article . . .

I understand; however, I also agree with texasmom about intimidating witnesses . . . such a fine line.

I absolutely agree with the concerns of intimidating witnesses.      

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »

http://hsvvoice.com/news/kevin-duck%E2%80%99s-murder-trial-start-march-29.html

2:01 am - November 17, 2015
Kevin Duck’s murder trial to start March 29

Kevin Duck

By LEWIS DELAVAN

Staff writer

Another delay has come in the murder trial of a Jessieville man.

In response to a defense motion, Garland County Circuit Judge John Homer Wright re-set the pretrial hearing for Kevin Duck to March 28, 2016. The trial is now set for March 29-April 1.

Duck, 32, is charged with first-degree murder in the December 2011 death of Dawna Natzke of Hot Springs Village. Natzke, a dispatcher for the HSV police department, was last seen leaving a party, allegedly with Duck, around 11 p.m. Dec. 21. The party was at the Village home of Scott Randall, who at the time was the Property Owners’ Association general manager.

A pre-trial hearing had been set for yesterday, with a four-day trial to have started today.

Previously, a pre-trial hearing had been set for last Feb. 9, then for June 1, with a jury trial to start the next day.

The murder charge carries a possible prison sentence of 10 to 40 years, or life imprisonment.

Duck has been held by the state Department of Correction since Feb. 25, 2014, when his probation on a Hot Spring County aggravated assault charge was revoked. Serving a six year term, he became eligible for parole on that charge in March.

The latest delay, similar to a delay granted in May, is related to Duck’s status as an indigent inmate.

Last May, Wright approved a defense motion declaring Duck an indigent for costs other than attorney fees.

The state Supreme Court in 2010 ruled that the state must pay reasonable expenses for defense of indigent defendants, even those with retained counsel.

Duck’s attorney Clay Janske told Wright the defendant’s mother is paying for the attorney, but Duck lacks funds for hiring an expert witness. Janske’s motion said obtaining a cellular telephone expert is essential to Duck’s defense.

Duck’s attorneys, Janske and Brian Johnson, initially asked for a delay because the state Public Defenders Commission had not approved Wright’s order for funds to assist in Duck’s defense.

Before Wright acted on the motion, the commission approved the funds.

But the attorneys amended their request, as the defendant is required to sign the commission’s paperwork, and the defense counsel had not received the paperwork back. Then the papers would have to be returned to the commission to receive the assistance.

Hot Spring County Circuit Court Judge Chris Williams on Feb. 25, 2014, ruled Duck had violated three conditions of probation, including allegedly committing the crime of murder, failing to report an address change and working out of state without proper authorization.

Duck was on probation for a November 2009 conviction of aggravated assault, a class-D felony.

He was convicted that year of brandishing a weapon on a man in the Bismarck area, in Hot Spring County.

Williams told the court that receiving a criminal indictment is sufficient grounds to revoke probation. Some people have the mistaken idea that one must be convicted of a crime to violate probation’s first condition, he said.

“It is interpreted wrong even by some judges,” Williams said. “Receiving a criminal charge alone is a violation of probation.”

The intent of the law is for probationers to avoid associating with people who are liable to commit crimes, the judge told Duck.

Williams said while a criminal defendant carries the presumption of innocence until conviction, a judge’s determination of sufficient “probable cause” to file a criminal charge is enough to revoke probation.

Thus, the murder charge alone was sufficient cause to revoke probation, Williams said.

Duck’s 2009 probation order allowed him to work out of state, as long as he obtained permission each time he traveled to work and provided a valid address.

He is currently serving in the Wrightsville Unit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.