April 26, 2024, 02:19:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJ Asst Principle Patrick Lott Secretly Videod Boys in Shower at Catholic School  (Read 11199 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 29, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »

Patrick Lott was an asst principle at a public middle school and volunteered for three years at a Catholic  high school.   And it looks to me like they've got him, since they searched his home and found evidence to lead them to the "secret camera" in the locker room at the Catholic school.  What I'd like to know is if he's allowed to even set foot on the campus of the middle school again?  

http://news.yahoo.com/police-nj-educator-videotaped-boys-shower-230856470.html
Police: NJ educator videotaped boys in shower
December 29, 2011

SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) — An educator using a secretly installed camera videotaped teenage boys in the shower at a Catholic high school for nearly three years, authorities said.

Patrick J. Lott, who was arrested last week, was arraigned Wednesday on charges he videotaped students in a communal shower area at Immaculata High School in Somerville starting in January 2008. He did not enter a plea.

The prosecutor's office said that there were at least 22 victims and that nine boys identified in the videos are currently under the age of 16. To protect the boys' identities, they were referred to only by their initials in court filings.

Lott, 54, is an assistant principal at a public middle school who volunteered at the Catholic high school.
Authorities declined to provide further details about his volunteer position.

Immaculata officials alerted prosecutors when they received allegations of inappropriate conduct by Lott and later removed him from any involvement at the school, diocesan officials said.

Videos of boys showering together were recovered as a result of searches of Lott's home on Dec. 13 and 16, Somerset County prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano said. Detectives later located an area at the school where a camera had been installed surreptitiously, his office said.
 ::snipping2::
Lott is a longtime area educator who was active in local and county politics, and he served as chairman of the Somerville Republican Committee.

Bail for Lott was set at $500,000, with the condition he have no contact with any child under the age of 16, any of the boys in the videos or any member of the staff or faculty at Immaculata.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »

The article I've posted below is a total of four pages, and explains a lot about the case.  It should be read in full.  It appears this dirt bag that was a trusted educator and volunteer has retained a dirt bag high profile lawyer that is already trying to get the bail lessened, likening it to those of a murderer.  He wants a reduced bail like Jerry Sandusky got, which was a very low $250,000, (considering 10 victims and 52 counts).  I have a feeling even if Pat Lott's bail is lowered and he can make bail, it will all be renegotiated again because I believe there will be more charges forthcoming as the investigations continue.  JMHO

http://www.app.com/article/20111228/NJNEWS10/312280033/Somerville-man-charged-videotaping-boys-Immaculata-High-School-showers
Somerset County educator charged with videotaping boys in high school showers
Popular educator charged with filming boys in shower

Written by
Mark Spivey | Staff Writer
December 29, 2011

SOMERVILLE — Patrick Lott’s career as a popular, upbeat educator and youth athletics coach has spanned more than 25 years and covered at least five Somerset County communities, areas ranging from the hills of Bernardsville in the north to the suburbs of Montgomery in the south and several stops in between.

It’s precisely why Wednesday’s news that the 54-year-old borough resident is facing dozens of criminal charges after allegedly videotaping boys showering at one school in the county seat — Immaculata High School in Somerville, where he has served as a dedicated volunteer for years — is generating so many unanswered questions from local parents, schools officials and past and present students alike.
Lott is facing more than 50 charges in all, including multiple counts of second-, third- and fourth-degree endangering the welfare of a child, plus fourth-degree invasion of privacy, according to court filings obtained Wednesday by the Courier News. The allegations are connected to activity taking place between Jan. 1, 2008, and Dec. 13 of this year.

Members of the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit on Dec. 13 and Dec. 16 executed state Superior Court search warrants at Lott’s home on Eastern Avenue in Somerville, reviewing and seizing video recordings of nude boys showering together, the court filings indicated. Detectives subsequently located an area in the high school where a video camera had been installed surreptitiously for recording, according to the filings
Bail was continued at $500,000, cash or bond, and a handcuffed Lott was led out of the courtroom by a court officer following the brief appearance. A woman who answered the phone at Lott’s home Wednesday morning referred questions to Lott’s lawyer, prominent Somerville-based attorney James Wronko.
“The amount of the bail appears excessive, at first glance,” Wronko said. “Bail like that is usually tied to my murder defendants.”

Wronko added that he may petition the court to have his client’s bail reduced.
As for Lott’s post at Bernardsville Middle School, Somerset Hills School District attorney Philip Stern said Wednesday that a reporter’s inquiries marked the first he had heard of the charges. On Dec. 12 Lott informed district officials that he would not be at work for a week or more, according to a Friday report in The Bernardsville News. The report listed Lott as an assistant principal at Bernardsville Middle School since July 2009, when he switched positions after serving in the same capacity at Bernards High School since 2003.

Stern said Somerset Hills officials will continue to cooperate with the county’s investigation and will “take all necessary actions as developments occur,” noting that none of the allegations are known to involve Bernardsville students or any of Lott’s actions in his capacity as assistant principal there. The board is not taking any immediate action regarding Lott’s employment with the district, Stern added, but it plans to meet soon and review its options.

Speaking generally, Stern said a tenured district employee such as Lott can be suspended without pay for one of three reasons: an employee’s indictment on criminal charges, tenure charges being filed by a local board of education or mutual agreement. If Lott posts bail and is freed pending the case against him being presented to a grand jury for a possible indictment, he still would be barred from coming to work due to the court’s ruling that he avoid contact with anyone younger than 16, Stern said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Officials-Educator-videotaped-students-in-showers-2429070.php
Police: NJ educator videotaped boys in shower
December 28, 2011

This photo provided by the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office shows Patrick J. Lott, of Somerville, N.J. Prosecutors say Lott, 54, an assistant principal at a public middle school, secretly videotaped teenage boys in the shower at Immaculata High School in Somerville for nearly three years. Lott faces numerous charges, including child endangerment and invasion of privacy. Photo: Somerset County Prosecutor's Office / AP

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »

As I was reading and posting the below article, I wonder how many times in the past Pat Lott has been involved in appropriate behavior because of his proximity to youths through his work and volunteer capacities?  I can see how difficult it might be for a youngster to report wrongdoing by Pat Lott.  Who would believe (in the past) such a stellar and upstanding teacher, coach and volunteer would do something against a child?  I think so many times that's how these dirt bags get away with what they do.   

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20111228/NJNEWS/312280024/Patrick-Lott-s-career-as-educator-public-servant-rocked-by-charges
Patrick Lott's career as educator, public servant rocked by charges
Written by
Sergio Bichao | Staff Writer
December 28, 2011

Winning coach. Beloved school administrator. Politician. Civil Air Patrol veteran. A father of two stepsons and a daughter.

These are accomplishments and accolades on Patrick Lott’s resume.

So it came as a shock to those who knew him that Lott — who for so many years had been entrusted with students and athletes — had been arrested and charged with videotaping naked teenage boys showering at Immaculata High School in Somerville.
Lott has been the assistant principal at Bernardsville Middle School since 2009. Before that he was assistant principal of Bernards High School since 2003. He also was a teacher in Montgomery High School, where he coached the wrestling and basketball teams for about a decade.

As wrestling coach, his teams won the Skyland Conference’s Raritan Division title in 2000 and 2001. He was the Courier News Boys Basketball Coach of the Year in 1998, when the program won 20 games for the first time.
Among Lott’s honors are his nomination for Disney’s Teacher of the Year in 2002, NJSIAA-NJCA head coach of the South All-Star Team in 2001, Montgomery PTSA Founders Award in 1999 and the Bedminster Education Association Honored Teacher in 1997.

He was on the state Council on Physical Fitness in 2001-02.

Lott holds a master’s degree in education leadership from Seton Hall University.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »

Really?!  Really!? "No one is perfect."  This isn't about living a perfect life, this is more about living a decent life imo.  Plus, I feel educators are to be held to an even higher standard.  This man was educated, he KNEW better.  This wasn't a one off somewhere one time incident. What he did was planned and committed over a long period of time.  He was a  child predator, plain and simple.  He hid behind his reputation, he used his position of power to prey on innocent boys.     And the investigations have just begun.  He tried to be a "great role model"?  Are you kidding me?!  A role model for a predator more like it, imo.  I'm seeing a pattern here, with the likes of Jerry Sandusky and Dwain Pellebon.  Pat Lott has finally gotten caught up in the web he wove.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/nj_boys_shower_videotape.html
Respected N.J. vice principal accused of videotaping boys in school shower: 'No one is perfect'
December 28, 2011

SOMERVILLE — When Patrick Lott, an admired public figure, school official and civic leader in Somerville, made a cryptic Facebook post earlier this month, those who know him knew something ominous was coming.

"I have always given my best and tried to be a great role model," Lott posted on Dec. 9. "No one is perfect. Thanks for the memories."
Lott, 54, was arrested last week, after videos of nude teenagers showering were found in his home, Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano said. According to the prosecutor, the videos showed teenagers in a boys’ communal shower area. Nine of the teenagers identified are under the age of 16.

Detectives later found an area near the shower where a camera had been covertly installed, authorities said.

According to a police affidavit, the recordings were made between January 2008 and Dec. 13 of this year.

Jack Bennett, a spokesman for the prosecutor, described Lott was a volunteer coach with the high school’s athletic department. "He had a camera hidden and he videotaped students who went to that school in the shower," Bennett said.
In a statement, the Diocese of Metuchen said it was "greatly disturbed" to learn of the charges that led to Lott’s arrest, describing Lott as a former part-time football coach and volunteer at Immaculata.

The diocese said the school learned of the allegations of inappropriate conduct and notified Somerville Police and the prosecutor’s office. Lott was immediately removed from all involvement with the high school, the statement said.

The Star-Ledger obtained a letter from Sister Regina Havens, the Immaculata principal, to parents of students at the school. In the letter, Havens said an investigation has been under way for "several weeks."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/?first=patrick&last=lott&search=Search

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »

Video tapes were recovered from Pat Lott's home that showed over a period of three years, he had been taping boys in the shower via hidden camera at the school.  The camera location was discovered and the camera removed.  This to me sounds like more than just "allegations".  Perhaps Msr. Brennan is trying to say Pat Lott is innocent until proven guilty, but I would also like to add that it sounds like LE had the goods on him, by way of the video tapes found in his home.  Link below:
http://www.app.com/article/20111228/NJNEWS10/312280033/Somerville-man-charged-videotaping-boys-Immaculata-High-School-showers
Somerset County educator charged with videotaping boys in high school showers
Members of the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit on Dec. 13 and Dec. 16 executed state Superior Court search warrants at Lott’s home on Eastern Avenue in Somerville, reviewing and seizing video recordings of nude boys showering together, the court filings indicated. Detectives subsequently located an area in the high school where a video camera had been installed surreptitiously for recording, according to the filings

http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2011/12/di_ionno_monsignor_to_tell_ima.html
Di Ionno: Monsignor says Immaculata community won't 'run and hide' from sex crime allegations
December 31, 2011

SOMERVILLE — Last Sunday, Msgr. Seamus Brennan celebrated the birth of Christ from the pulpit at Immaculate Conception Church in Somerville.

This Sunday, he will speak to a congregation now "wounded" by allegations a volunteer football coach, who doubles as a team videographer, secretly taped players showering in the locker room at Immaculata High School, which Brennan oversees.
It has been three days since Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano announced Patrick Lott had been charged with 22 counts of invasion of privacy and nine counts of endangering the welfare of child, for allegedly videotaping boys while they showered in the locker room at Immaculata.

"I will also remind ourselves these are just allegations, and we should refrain from jumping to conclusions, or listening to rumors.
"

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20111231/NJNEWS/312310012/Man-charged-with-videotaping-boys-at-Immaculata-HS-had-mandatory-showers-policy-as-coach-former-players-say
Somerville man charged with videotaping boys showering at Immaculata HS had 'mandatory showers' policy as coach, former players say
Past students, colleagues sound off on accusations against a well-liked, highly respected educator

Written by
Mark Spivey
December 30, 2011

(5 pg. article, mostly citing what a nice guy, good coach & educator he was and how surprised people were at the charges against Pat Lott)

A former athlete who played on that team under Lott and asked not to be identified by name echoed Osterhoudt’s comments that some team rules that at the time only seemed mildly odd now are taking on a more sinister tone in retrospect.

“He would always make players shower together, and he would shower with us. A lot of us thought it was creepy, but he was such a nice guy that we just dismissed it,” the player said. “He would call showering together ‘team bonding.’ After talking to current football players at the school, they say the same thing, that he always tried to get them to shower together and called it ‘bonding.’”

“I wouldn’t be shocked if this was going on for a while,” he added.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

The investigation isn't over yet.  Pat Lott doesn't have to have touched any of the boys nor shared the tapes for this to be a crime against each and every victim.  Wakey-wakey, eggs and bakey Mr. Brennan!  In one breath you're saying the charges are serious and you don't want to be seen as defensive, but you're doing just that.    Don't attempt to minimize what went on for three years in your school. 
What's this mean?:  If it hasn't been "alleged" why the devil are we to keep it in mind?!

"Likewise, I think it’s very important to keep in mind that at this point there is no evidence that the accused ever touched anyone inappropriately.
That has not been alleged,” “he added. “I think those are important to keep in mind, while not denying the seriousness of the allegations that are standing."

And what, pray tell is this about? I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage, and what I have seen appears to stick to the facts at this point.  I've posted the articles I could find. How does Brennan know they are "inaccurate"?  and what's "incendiary" coverage?  I haven't see anything. 

What about this part?:
" Brennan slammed the media for what he considered, “inaccurate … rather sensational” and “incendiary” coverage of the scandal, although he did not point to any specific examples."

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20120101/NJNEWS/301010014/Immaculata-pastor-No-evidence-coach-molested-teen-boys
Immaculata pastor: No evidence coach molested teen boys
Written by
Sergio Bichao

Lott was arrested Dec. 23 and is facing more than 50 charges of videotaping 15 boys, all 15 or 16 years old, showering together at the high school. He remains in the Somerset County Jail in Somerville in lieu of $500,000 bail.

While Lott has held daily jobs at public schools, the scandal thus far has been contained to Immaculata.

Investigators with the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office said they did not find any evidence of recording devices at either Bernards High School, where Lott was principal from 2003 to 2009, or at Bernardsville Middle School, according to a statement from Somerset Hills superintendent Peter Miller.

Brennan said the allegations were “serious” and that he did not want to be understood as being “defensive.”

“At this point there is no evidence that any pictures were ever shared with others,” Brennan said, recounting a conversation he had last week with investigators.

Likewise, I think it’s very important to keep in mind that at this point there is no evidence that the accused ever touched anyone inappropriately.
That has not been alleged,” “he added. “I think those are important to keep in mind, while not denying the seriousness of the allegations that are standing.”

Officials, however, said the investigation is not over.
In his nine-minute remarks, which followed a homily about how a new year calls people to reflect on their lives, Brennan slammed the media for what he considered, “inaccurate … rather sensational” and “incendiary” coverage of the scandal, although he did not point to any specific examples.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »

Looks like the demonstrations in front of both schools throws a wrench in Brennan's  attempt to minimize Patrick Lott's acts against his victims.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20120102/NJNEWS/301020037/Sex-abuse-victim-group-protest-two-area-schools-wake-shower-video-scandal?odyssey=nav|head
Sex abuse victim group to protest at two area schools in wake of shower video scandal
Sex abuse victim group to protest at schools

Written by
Cheryl Makin
January 2, 2012

SOMERVILLE — In response to the recent arrest of Patrick Lott, assistant principal of Bernardsville Middle School and a volunteer coach at Immaculata High School, an organization for victims of sexual abuse plans to demonstrate in front of both schools today as they reopen after the winter break.

Lott was arrested and charged with videotaping naked teenage boys showering at the Immaculata High School in Somerville.
The group planning the protests, Road to Recovery Inc., is a nonprofit organization that assists sexual abuse victims and their families and friends. According to co-founder and president Hoatson, the intention of the demonstrations is to keep the issue fresh in the minds of those involved.

“We want to catch the parents as they bring their students back-to-school,” Hoatson said. “We want to keep this issue on the forefront.”

In addition, Hoatson said that recent statements by Monsignor Seamus F. Brennan, pastor of the Church of the Immaculate Conception, that Lott may not have ever abused any student physically seem to make light of the seriousness of the situation.

“When the pastor said that there is no evidence that he ever touched any child, that seems to minimize what (he) ,” Hoatson said. “We don’t know what he did at home or in the school. Many more could have been affected — more than what we are being told now. ”

Noting that Lott had access to thousands of children and potentially could have more victims, Hoatson said that bringing the situation to the attention of the parents will place the focus where it should be — on the children who have been victimized. Hoatson and his organization are seeking support of changes to current New Jersey laws.
Specifically, Hoatson and his organization are seeking support for two pieces of legislation before the Legislature — Assembly Bill 3622 and Senate Bill 2405. They are intended to lift the statute of limitations in civil cases concerning childhood sexual abuse and expand the definition of those who are liable in these cases.

A flyer that Hoatson said he intends to hand out at both demonstrations is not a condemnation of the act that Lott is accused of, but an explanation of what is viewed as laws that are not partial to child abuse victims. Noting many abusers never go through the court system or face charges for one reason or another, Hoatson said in the flyer that this is because current law mandates that children who were sexually abused must come forward by the time they are 21 years old

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/no_request_to_lower_500k_bail.html
No request to lower $500K bail for N.J. vice principal accused of videotaping boys in shower
By Eugene Paik/The Star-Ledger
January 3, 2012

SOMERVILLE — There will not be a request to lower the $500,000 bail for Patrick Lott, who remained in the Somerset County jail today on charges that he secretly recorded boys in a high school shower for three years, according to Lott’s attorney.

James Wronko said this morning that although he believed the bail amount was “excessive,” there were no legal reasons to file the motion for his client, an assistant principal at Bernardsville Middle School.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20120105/NJNEWS/301050029/Patrick-Lott-case-Montgomery-Somerset-Hills-school-districts-email-parents-about-Immaculata-videotaping-charges
Patrick Lott case: Montgomery, Somerset Hills school districts email parents about Immaculata videotaping charges
Written by
Mark Spivey/Staff Writer
January 5, 2012

(3 pg article)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »

http://www.centraljersey.com/articles/2012/01/09/the_princeton_packet/news/doc4f0b63a4456e4537627968.txt
MONTGOMERY: Former teacher charged with sex crime
By Charley Falkenburg, Staff Writer
January 9, 2012

MONTGOMERY — Former Montgomery High School television production teacher Patrick Lott remains in the Somerset County jail at a $500,000 bail on charges that he secretly videotaped boys in the shower of Immaculata High School for three years in Somerville.

The 54-year-old assistant principal of Bernardsville Middle School was arrested on Dec. 23, a week after investigators found videos of nude teenage boys showering in the Immaculata High School in Mr. Lott’s Somerville home. The hidden camera was found shortly after in the showering area of the school. Out of the 22 boys that were filmed, nine of them were under the age of 16, according to Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano.
The Diocese of Metuchen, which manages Immaculata High School, tipped off authorities when they got wind of “inappropriate behavior.” Mr. Lott, who often voluntarily videotaped football and basketball games at the school, also faces more than 50 charges that include second, third and fourth degree endangering the welfare of a child and fourth degree invasion of privacy.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20120111/NJNEWS14/301110031/Somerset-Hills-School-District-places-embattled-assistant-principal-unpaid-leave?odyssey=nav|head
Somerset Hills School District places embattled assistant principal on unpaid leave
Schools officials hold Q&A with parents

January 11, 2012

BERNARDSVILLE — The Bernardsville Middle School assistant principal accused of secretly videotaping boys showering together at the local parochial school where he once volunteered has been suspended without pay while local officials continue to field a wave of questions raised by parents.

Patrick J. Lott, 54, of Eastern Avenue in Somerville remained lodged in Somerset County Jail Wednesday in lieu of $500,000 bail, charged with more than 50 offenses for what authorities have described as criminal activity that may have spanned a period of nearly three years at Immaculata High School in Somerville.

Somerset Hills Schools Superintendent Peter Miller said Wednesday that the local Board of Education convened Monday and voted to place Lott on an “indefinite unpaid leave of absence,” effective immediately. The district, which last week held an informational session for parents and staff hosted by Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center staff, this week made another move reflecting what Miller described as a policy of transparency regarding the matter, compiling a comprehensive list of questions and answers and distributing the list to the public.

“Please be reminded that the investigation regarding Mr. Lott’s alleged actions at Immaculata High School is ongoing,” the document’s introduction read. “The purpose of this question-and-answer document is for the Somerset Hills Board of Education and administration to provide factual information to members of the Somerset Hills School District community.”

Lott’s last day in the district was Dec. 9, 2011, or four days before Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office detectives executed a search warrant at his home. On Dec. 12, 2011 the district was informed that Lott “would be absent until after the holiday break,” officials said, and that same day representatives with the prosecutor’s office first reached out to the district and notified them about their investigation. The district didn’t find out about the charges eventually filed against Lott until Dec. 28, five days after his arrest, the document indicated.

The questions and answers also reiterated previous statements that no Somerset Hills students or facilities were involved among any of the charges against Lott, nor did a sweep of school facilities turn up any hidden recording devices of any kind. “All information” about the matter shared with the district already has been disseminated to the public, the document added, with one exception: in response to a query about Lott’s health, officials said state and federal confidentiality laws precluded them from sharing any information about the status of any employee’s health.
Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office spokesman Jack Bennett said Wednesday that no new information about the case was available, but he added that the county’s investigation is continuing. When asked about his client’s leave of absence, Lott’s attorney James Wronko said he was unaware of it.
The case remains scheduled to advance to a grand jury for possible indictment.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/02/04/nj-educator-quits-amid-accusations-he-secretely-recorded-teens-in-shower/
NJ Educator Quits Amid Accusations He Secretely Recorded Teens In Shower
February 4, 2012

BERNARDSVILLE, N.J. (AP) — A northern New Jersey educator accused of secretly videotaping teenage boys in the shower at a Catholic high school has quit his administrative job with a public school district.

Somerset Hills Regional School District Superintendent Peter Miller says Patrick Lott’s resignation was accepted Thursday during a special board of education meeting.

The 54-year-old Lott was an assistant principal at the Bernardsville Middle School. But he had been placed on an unpaid leave of absence after being arrested last December.

His resignation took effect on Jan. 27.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20120204/NJNEWS/302040023/Patrick-Lott-quits-amid-charges-taping-boys?odyssey=nav|head
NJ educator resigns amid charges he videotaped boys
February 4, 2012

BERNARDSVILLE — A northern New Jersey educator accused of secretly videotaping teenage boys in the shower at a Catholic high school for nearly three years has quit his administrative job with a public school district.
Somerset County prosecutors say Lott videotaped students in a communal shower area at Immaculata High School in Somerville, starting in January 2008. He had been a longtime volunteer and coach at the school and also was active in local and county politics, serving for a time as chairman of the Somerville Republican Committee.

Authorities said there were 22 victims, including nine boys who are under the age of 16. Immaculata officials alerted prosecutors when they received allegations of inappropriate conduct by Lott and later removed him from any involvement at the school. Prosecutors say the video recordings were recovered at Lott’s home in December.

Authorities have not commented on how Lott was allegedly able to install the cameras.

Lott remains jailed on $500,000 bail. He’s charged with 22 counts of invasion of privacy, one for each victim, and more than two dozen counts of various degrees of child endangerment.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/immaculata_high_school_starts.html
Immaculata starts committee to evaluate policies after volunteer allegedly videotaped students in shower
By Bob Considine/The Star-Ledger
February 23, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/nj_school_official_accused_of_1.html
N.J. school official accused of secretly videotaping teens in school shower indicted on 91 counts
By Eugene Paik/The Star-Ledger
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 4:36 PM     Updated: Friday, June 29, 2012, 6:11 AM

Tony Kurdzuk/The Star-LedgerA copy photo from a 2010 Bernardsville Middle School yearbook of Assistant Principal Patrick Lott. Lott is accused of secretly videotaping boys showering in the locker room at Immaculata High School in Somerville.

Former Bernardsville Middle School assistant principal Patrick Lott secretly recorded 29 boys as they showered at Immaculata High School, authorities said today as they announced an indictment that increases the number of his alleged victims.

Lott, 55, faces a 91-count indictment in the alleged filming of the boys, which authorities believe took place between January 2008 and December 2011.

When Lott was arrested in December, prosecutors said he had filmed 22 boys, including nine who were under the age of 16. In the Superior Court indictment filed in Somerville, authorities now allege he recorded 29 boys, with 15 being underage.

According to Capt. Jack Bennett, spokesman for Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano, all of the victims seen in the recordings have been identified.

"They’re still basically the same allegations," defense attorney James Wronko said. "There have been no bombshells."

Lott’s charges include 29 counts of third-degree invasion of privacy, 30 counts of second-degree child endangerment, 17 counts of third-degree child endangerment and 15 counts of fourth-degree child endangerment, Soriano said in a statement.

Lott remains in Somerset County jail in lieu of $500,000 bail, Soriano said.
Authorities began investigating Lott after the Diocese of Metuchen, which oversees Immaculata High School, was informed of "inappropriate behavior" by Lott, a popular educator and volunteer sports coach at the Catholic co-educational school. Detectives later found a camera that had been secretly installed in the boys’ shower room.

Prosecutors have declined to reveal exactly where the camera was.
Authorities descended on Lott’s home during raids on Dec. 13 and 16 and seized computer files and digital recordings. Lott was arrested Dec. 23.

Just weeks earlier, Lott had left a cryptic post on his Facebook page that he "tried to be a role model" and that "no one is perfect." On Dec. 13, he notified the middle school that he wouldn’t be returning for several days.

The Somerset Hills Regional School District later placed Lott on an unpaid leave of absence from Bernardsville Middle School. He resigned from his $120,000 job in February.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »

The 'no one is perfect' comment is just shocking!  It doesn't take a perfect person to know that videotaping little boys showering is wrong.  In fact, it doesn't even take a smart person to know that.  It just takes one that willing to have morals and decency. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »

The 'no one is perfect' comment is just shocking!  It doesn't take a perfect person to know that videotaping little boys showering is wrong.  In fact, it doesn't even take a smart person to know that.  It just takes one that willing to have morals and decency. 
KittyMom, I hear what you are saying.  Basic sense of right and wrong . . . for the love of all that is good, why can't we find an island somewhere in this world and drop all these pedos and murderers and let them fend for themselves?  Course, sad to say, it would take a very big island.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.