March 28, 2024, 07:05:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos of 2 Duct Taped and Bound Children Posted on Facebook - Arizona Case  (Read 3649 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/facebook-photo-of-duct-taped-kids-prompts-couples-arrest/1
Facebook photo of duct-taped kids prompts couples arrest
By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY
December 30, 2011

A northern Arizona couple have been arrested on suspicion of child abuse after allegedly posting pictures on Facebook of their children bound with duct tape, KPNX reports.

The Coconino County Sheriff's Office says the 2-year-old and 10-month-old children were bound around their wrists and ankles and had their mouths closed with tape.  

The sheriff's office says one child was hung upside down on an exercise machine, the Phoenix TV station reports.

KSAZ TV reports that Frankie and Kayla Almuina were arrested at their home in Williams, Ariz., after an anonymous tipster saw the photos on the mother's Facebook page and called the Arizona Child Abuse Hotline.
 ::snipping2::
"Clearly you can't tape another person's hands and mouth shut. Especially small children. It is clearly child abuse and they were charged appropriately."

The children were placed in the custody of relatives while the investigation continues, KSAZ reports.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:16:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »

Geesh!  Not only was the 2 year old child bound and her mouth duct taped, so was an infant!!  And according to this article, they even hung at least one of these children upside down    

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/facebook-photo-of-duct-taped-kids-prompts-couples-arrest/1
Facebook photo of duct-taped kids prompts couples arrest
December 30, 2011

A northern Arizona couple have been arrested on suspicion of child abuse after allegedly posting pictures on Facebook of their children bound with duct tape, KPNX reports.

The Coconino County Sheriff's Office says the 2-year-old and 10-month-old children were bound around their wrists and ankles and had their mouths closed with tape.  

The sheriff's office says one child was hung upside down on an exercise machine, the Phoenix TV station reports.

KSAZ TV reports that Frankie and Kayla Almuina were arrested at their home in Williams, Ariz., after an anonymous tipster saw the photos on the mother's Facebook page and called the Arizona Child Abuse Hotline.
"Clearly you can't tape another person's hands and mouth shut. Especially small children. It is clearly child abuse and they were charged appropriately."

The children were placed in the custody of relatives while the investigation continues, KSAZ reports.

I swear I don't understand where common sense went . . .    
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:13:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

This is the second case posted in our forum about a child or children with their faces duct taped and wrists & ankles bound and posted on FB.   The first case was in Chicago and the link is:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/parents-arrested-after-kids-bound-photos-posted-12-29-2011
Parents Arrested After Kids Bound, Photos Posted

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - Two northern Arizona parents have been arrested after photos of their children allegedly being abused were posted on Facebook.

Wednesday night, a Facebook viewer anonymously called the AZ Child Abuse Hotline.

The caller reported seeing two young children, ages 2 years and 10 months, in Facebook photos. The children had been bound with duct tape around their wrists and ankles.

Their mouths were taped shut, and one of the children was hung upside down by some exercise equipment, according to the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

"I am shocked and horrified and I will tell you that in 30 years in law enforcement in Arizona this is one of the most horrendous things I have ever seen," says Commander Rex Gilliland from CCSO.

Deputies responded to the Williams, Ariz. home. Frankie and Kayla Almuina were arrested and charged with two counts of child abuse each.
The children are being taken care of by family members while the investigation continues.

Authorities are not releasing the photos.

If this sounds familiar, it is. A similar incident happened last week in Chicago.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »

Link to case thread first posted, involving one child and occurring in Arizona:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12545.msg1497892#msg1497892   
Duct Taped Child on Facebook - Chicago Case

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/12/facebook-photo-of-duct-taped-kids-prompts-couples-arrest/1?csp=34news
Facebook photo of duct-taped kids prompts couple's arrest
December 30, 2011

By Coconino County Sheriff's Office

"They did indicate that they were simply joking, however it is apparent through the photographs that this was not a joke. The photos depicted the children's faces in sheer terror," Commander Rex Gilliland of the sheriff's office tells KSZA. "Clearly you can't tape another person's hands and mouth shut. Especially small children. It is clearly child abuse and they were charged appropriately."

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »

Sick,sick parents.........
Hope none of them get there kids back.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.