March 18, 2024, 09:18:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 707316 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2180 on: February 27, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »

For Bearly- you rant on, that is what we are here for.  I feel your pain of being in a rock and a hard place with your parents.  As for the laundry, is it really about you coming to do the laundry or is it she just wants to give someone directives?  I don't know in your situation but I have found often times it is not the task at hand but control of one another.

4donks is right- take care of yourself first.

We just found out that Mom is going to be moved from the memory care over to Assisted Living maybe this week. That is one of the first things she asked me was who was going to do her laundry.  (I wanted to say maybe she didn't need to be moving then if she can't take care of it herself?)

Good point Cadi!

What is memory care?  Hear what you wanted to say, but what did you say?

I am not Bearly but memory care is specialized care for people with various stages of Alzheimer. They work hard to keep the people up to the most potential in memory areas that they can be at. They also are specialized in dealing with the symptoms of Alzheimer - the paranoia, need to go do "something" and the reversion to previous habits. For example, my mother in laws facility has a "nursery" with dolls and all the equipment so they can be mothers again. Also they have a full kitchen (with the stove locked out so they can not really turn it on!) so the women can "cook" dinner for their families. Often people with Alzheimer go back in time and want to do what they did as younger people. My mother in law is forever taking care of the "kids" - her youngest is almost 50! but it gives them comfort. They often know in an emotional way that something is wrong but they do not know what it is - so they revert to comfortable habits.

Boyzmom--Thank you for this information. I am the Conservator for my sister-in-law who is in a nursing home.  She has not yet exhibited the behaviour which you describe, just severe short-term memory loss and has lost the ability to walk.  She is wheelchair bound.  I never know what to expect each time I visit her.  The information you posted is most helpful.  Thanks again.

an angelic monkey

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2181 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »

For Bearly- you rant on, that is what we are here for.  I feel your pain of being in a rock and a hard place with your parents.  As for the laundry, is it really about you coming to do the laundry or is it she just wants to give someone directives?  I don't know in your situation but I have found often times it is not the task at hand but control of one another.

We just found out that Mom is going to be moved from the memory care over to Assisted Living maybe this week. That is one of the first things she asked me was who was going to do her laundry.  (I wanted to say maybe she didn't need to be moving then if she can't take care of it herself?)

Good point Cadi!

I am not Bearly but memory care is specialized care for people with various stages of Alzheimer. They work hard to keep the people up to the most potential in memory areas that they can be at. They also are specialized in dealing with the symptoms of Alzheimer - the paranoia, need to go do "something" and the reversion to previous habits. For example, my mother in laws facility has a "nursery" with dolls and all the equipment so they can be mothers again. Also they have a full kitchen (with the stove locked out so they can not really turn it on!) so the women can "cook" dinner for their families. Often people with Alzheimer go back in time and want to do what they did as younger people. My mother in law is forever taking care of the "kids" - her youngest is almost 50! but it gives them comfort. They often know in an emotional way that something is wrong but they do not know what it is - so they revert to comfortable habits.

Thank you.  I wondered why Cadi's Mom was being moved from memory care to assisted listed.  Perhaps she was there on a temporary basis while waiting for an opening in assisted living.

It sounds like your MIL is in an outstanding facility!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #2182 on: February 27, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »

Angelina Jolee at last night's Oscars

Do No Evil 
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2183 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:41 PM »

Good one CC...........
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2184 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »

Good point Cadi!

Thank you.  I wondered why Cadi's Mom was being moved from memory care to assisted listed.  Perhaps she was there on a temporary basis while waiting for an opening in assisted living.

She is - we are so lucky to have found them.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2185 on: February 27, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »

too funny!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2186 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »

roflmao
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2187 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

Where's Trimm?  Her last post was 6 days ago, February 21, 2012, 07:53:17 PM .....

She had been complaining of a sore throat, sure hope it was nothing more serious.

Wasn't there some pretty bad weather last week in or around her area  also?

Trimm come home, you are soooooo missed!       

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2188 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »

I was going thru Trimm's recent posts.  She posted alot of 2/21/12 and I don't see where she mentioned any troubles or anything:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=3446;sa=showPosts
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2189 on: February 27, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »

I was going thru Trimm's recent posts.  She posted alot of 2/21/12 and I don't see where she mentioned any troubles or anything:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=3446;sa=showPosts

She had mentioned a couple of days prior about her throat being sore is why I mentioned it.   

Just always concerned when they get those tornados rolling through the area is all.  Rarely a lot of news unless a bunch of destruction or loss of life......Hate it that it has to be sensational or there is no reporting.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2190 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:34 AM »

Trimm hasn't posted for 3 days!

I sure hope everything is okay with her.

We miss you Trimm!

an angelic monkey

Concerned about you Trimm.

Hope you can come out and play soon!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2191 on: February 28, 2012, 07:41:43 AM »

OK  Trimm come on out of hiding or I'll have to get Caddy and go on a search mission. We don't cotton to no missing monkeys in Alabama........

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2192 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »

Good morning   
George is being discharged today so will head out in just a bit.  Thank you everyone for keeping him in your prayers.
Praying everything is ok with Trimm -- starting to get concerned.
Blessings.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2193 on: February 28, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »

Good morning   
George is being discharged today so will head out in just a bit.  Thank you everyone for keeping him in your prayers.
Praying everything is ok with Trimm -- starting to get concerned.
Blessings.

Good news about George!.  Blessings to you Sister.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2194 on: February 28, 2012, 08:48:01 AM »

Prayers for my monkey friends.
Need prayers for George, my ex, who I take care of -- he just had a seizure and is being taken to the hospital.  He has a long history of them -- just need my monkey prayers.
Blessings.

You got it!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2195 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »

Good morning monkeys!

Wishing everyone a lovely day!   sunny flower sunny
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2196 on: February 28, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »

Good Morning Can!  How is everything?  How is your brother and all of your family?

Good Morning Monkeys!   

Thanks for asking Bearly. 
Spent the day with Mom on Friday.  She has an appointment with the doctor today to request he send the recommendation for her husbands long term care.
She has gone from not being ready to put him in long term care yet, to being prepared to have it happen sooner rather than later.  So, I'm happy to see my Mom feeling more comfortable about it.  We keep reassuring her she has done all that she can and more than most would be willing or capable of.  The fact that his son supports her decision has helped I think.

My brother has had his second treatment.  Not sure how that went, will know today.

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.  Please keep us posted.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2197 on: February 28, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »

I hear you, I hope things get straightened out for you.  Thanks for permission to rant.  I know all about the control thing, unfortunately, my Dad was the one who helped my son and I with his autism, he went to therapy sessions with us and meetings and knew everyone working with him, and he is the one that would suffer in all of this.

Does the facility offer laundry services? I know it would cost money but better that then either he be neglected or you be worn to a frazzle!

I decided I will put the wash in and lay down in my Mom's room.  I have a bed there.  That should take care of us all.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2198 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »

Bearly!  How are you and yours? 

Hanging in.  I have a bit of a cold and my Mom can't use the washer and dryer on her floor this week.  For some reason that means I have to go and do the wash there.  I sometimes do it anyway, but this week I have to.

Look after your cold. 
Does that mean you have to take the laundry to another floor and do it?

Yes.  My Mom has an elevator right outside her room, there is only 2 floors, the laundry room is across from the elevator on both floors, and she has an electric wheelchair and the wash fits on it upstairs where she is.   The floor is being tiled this week, Monday to Friday.  She didn't do the wash this weekend because she said my Dad was in a bad mood Saturday so she didn't visit him on Sunday and didn't take his wash either Saturday or Sunday (I have a feeling she did not see him on Saturday either).  He is in the medical part of the facility.  My Mom is a nurse and visits her friends no matter what mood they are in.  I don't like being taken advantage of, especially when I have my own doctor upset with the amount I have been doing for her.  She manages to do a lot of social activities and she volunteers for others, but not my Dad.

Sorry to complain, but I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She wants me to come every day and take the wash home with me, but there is no reason to do that.  I also have my Son and his appointments to go to and my eye doctor appointment.  My car got hit almost a month ago and I have not had time to take it to get fixed.

Rant over.

Hey, ranting is not a bad thing every now and again.
My dear bearly, you try so hard to please.  Bless you!  an angelic monkey  It must hurt so much to do so much and feel you're being taking advantage of.   Please, please, do not allow yourself to be treated in this fashion.
You are not super human, though you are a super human being!
Listen to your doctor, apply your common sense. 
Sorry your Daddy seems to be taking a back seat. 
I know Bearly, it is easy for me to say.  I am not living it or feeling the deep emotions
around this family dilemma.
Is it possible for the facility to do your Dad's laundry?

Sorry I'm just getting back to you now . . . my computer froze when I was here earlier.
I had a little lie down and fell asleep.

Sorry to hear about your car.  Time to get it fixed and keep your eye appointment.

Does Cubby have lots of appointments on a regular basis?

In short, look after yourself and Cubby and do what you reasonably can for others.

:

He has OT once a week.  Our speech therapist comes to the house or we meet her out in the community.  Thanks so much for listening.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2199 on: February 28, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »

Good point Cadi!

She is - we are so lucky to have found them.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.