March 18, 2024, 08:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 707286 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »

I had to go over to my neighbor's house last night and take Bart out, he wouldn't go for her.  Please pray for him.  He has lymphoma.  He is such a good and sweet doggie.  We are so sad.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2012, 10:19:38 AM »

I zo love Friday the 13th.  Sitting in the ER right now with middle child who got assulted at school today. Probably a broken nose. The kix that hit him has no idea what he has brought down on himself. Mommy bear is pizzed

How is your sons injury today?  Hope he's not in too much pain.
 an angelic monkey

He actually does not look too bad - a little swollen and a little bruised but not as bad as I feared. Talked to the cop late last night and the kid admits what he did and admits that it was an overreaction to a small disagreement over a mute earlier in band class. So we will see.

glad it not as bad as you thought it would be.  
hopefully this boy is remorseful and that it will bring to an end his bullying ways.
perhaps the school guidance counsellor will take a look at the situation and see if the bully requires some help.
How does your son feel about going back to school Monday?  Is he fearful of this boy and what does he need to have happen to see this situation resolved?

We do not have school on Monday here so the Principal is going to look at it then and call me to let me know what happened. Adam is not afraid of going back to school - many of the older kids that are friends of his older brother have let him know they will protect him if need be. 

(quote box)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:02:52 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »

Taking Dad for a haircut.  Wish me luck!

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »

God luck.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »

The Anthonys and this is too much.......   
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/processed-meat-pancreatic-cancer-bacon-sausage_n_1204620.html
Processed Meat Could Raise Pancreatic Cancer Risk
Some possible bad news for all the bacon lovers out there.

A new review in the British Journal of Cancer suggests a link between processed meats -- like bacon and sausages -- and an increased pancreatic cancer risk.

In particular, eating an extra 50 grams a day of processed meat -- or about a sausage -- is enough to raise pancreatic cancer risk by 19 percent, BBC News reported, while an extra 100 grams of processed meat a day could raise the cancer risk by 38 percent.

JSM,what now? 

Everything in moderation, Cutie.  We'll have a bacon fest the day Joran is brought to Alabama.

That's right! 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »

Just talked to my Granddaughter,and she told me she has been baptized.I am so happy for her..worry about her all the time.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »

Bearly I'm glad to hear you got your schedule worked out and that everyone is happy with it.
Sorry to hear you can't stand well right now and hope that improves soon.

Bearly, for some years I tended to my father.  While he was still in his apartment and later when he went to a nursing home.  Thank goodness my husband was supportive as the time I gave, my choice, almost swallowed me up.  In fact it was my husband that encouraged me to get in touch with him after being estranged for many years.  My husband had never met him and failed to comprehend how a man could be so distant from his family...his grandchildren...
I summoned up my courage, phoned him and he sounded very ill.  I visited him the next day and he could barely breathe.  I packed him and his walker into my vehicle and took him to the hospital emergency where he was admitted.  The doctor said his blood sats were so low she didn't know how he managed to walk into the hospital.
The beginning of a long saga, almost daily trips to nursing home.  Transporting to outside doctors when required, many hospital stays. 

I guess I just want to say, I understand how one can get caught up in caregiving, almost to the exclusion of anything else.  I have never once regretted it despite the fact my children were unsupportive in my endeavors and my Mom was unable to understand how I could have anything at all to do with him.  She detests him to this day.
My father lived out his last years knowing he had someone to advocate for him and he refused to allow any procedure without having the medical staff, 'speak to my daughter'   I think it must have been a great comfort to him.  He met and liked my husband who was with me holding his hand on his death bed.

I hope I have not been to forward in my comments to you Bearly.
God bless.
can xo an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey Can, what a wonderful story of forgiveness and love. Brought tears to my eye reading that.

All you monkeys that take care of your family are so selfless and kind. I pray that if ever I have to be a caregiver, I do it as well as you all do.

Hugs, love and Prayers .... JSM

Just wanted bearly to know I understand the emotions and output required when we choose to 'be there' for our loved ones.

an angelic monkey

Thank you so much, Can.  I really appreciate your kindness.  Understanding and prayers is what I need.  I am so happy to have my Parents and my Son. 

Love you!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

I zo love Friday the 13th.  Sitting in the ER right now with middle child who got assulted at school today. Probably a broken nose. The kix that hit him has no idea what he has brought down on himself. Mommy bear is pizzed

How is your sons injury today?  Hope he's not in too much pain.
 an angelic monkey

He actually does not look too bad - a little swollen and a little bruised but not as bad as I feared. Talked to the cop late last night and the kid admits what he did and admits that it was an overreaction to a small disagreement over a mute earlier in band class. So we will see.

He really held onto that grudge.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »

Bearly I'm glad to hear you got your schedule worked out and that everyone is happy with it.
Sorry to hear you can't stand well right now and hope that improves soon.

Bearly, for some years I tended to my father.  While he was still in his apartment and later when he went to a nursing home.  Thank goodness my husband was supportive as the time I gave, my choice, almost swallowed me up.  In fact it was my husband that encouraged me to get in touch with him after being estranged for many years.  My husband had never met him and failed to comprehend how a man could be so distant from his family...his grandchildren...
I summoned up my courage, phoned him and he sounded very ill.  I visited him the next day and he could barely breathe.  I packed him and his walker into my vehicle and took him to the hospital emergency where he was admitted.  The doctor said his blood sats were so low she didn't know how he managed to walk into the hospital.
The beginning of a long saga, almost daily trips to nursing home.  Transporting to outside doctors when required, many hospital stays. 

I guess I just want to say, I understand how one can get caught up in caregiving, almost to the exclusion of anything else.  I have never once regretted it despite the fact my children were unsupportive in my endeavors and my Mom was unable to understand how I could have anything at all to do with him.  She detests him to this day.
My father lived out his last years knowing he had someone to advocate for him and he refused to allow any procedure without having the medical staff, 'speak to my daughter'   I think it must have been a great comfort to him.  He met and liked my husband who was with me holding his hand on his death bed.

I hope I have not been to forward in my comments to you Bearly.
God bless.
can xo an angelic monkey

What a wonderful story, Can.  He could have died all alone the very day you called, but his angel was looking out for him--that was you.  Thank you for sharing that.  It helps a lot.

an angelic monkey

Yes, he always said I saved his life.  It was an ironic coincidence.  I'm no angel, to be sure.  Truth is, he was not the only benefactor.  The experience was very helpful to me.

Angels come in all shapes and sizes.  I am glad you got something out of the reunion, so sorry your Mom did not, it is hard to go around with sadness in your heart.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

Just added this to helpful hints.  I know many are now using the iPad:

HOW TO COPY AND PASTE ON AN IPAD:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5948054_copy-paste-ipad.html

Also this video:

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »

My sister opened her bakery today. She is selling cookies, cupcakes, cakes, trinkets and gifts. Thanks for all you monkeys for your prayers for her. I pray she has success. Going there tomorrow and buying   some cookies for my sick neighbor.

Going to go lay down. Patton has an appointment tomorrow for his second canine influenza tomorrow. His vet is on vacation, so the vet that is doing his next heartworm treatment is doing the shot. I will be able to talk to her about the treatment since I will be coming back with CC from Chicago when he has the treatment. I'm not worried one bit about Patton as long as he is in her care and I will make it known that I don't want Alice the Goon having anything to do with him during the treatment. Please pray that I can have the strength to use the MADAM voice.  an angelic monkey

Hugs, prayers and love

JSM and Patton

Prayers for all.

One day I will come to your sister's bakery.  Maybe I'll order my wedding cake from there.

That would be glorious!     an angelic monkey

(oops)

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »

I agree with the passive until struck. I have always told my kids that if someone hits you take them out. Unfortunately, this kid got the best of him. I have always said even an amoeba protects itself from harm - humans should do no less!

The really sad thing is, sometimes BOTH kids are automatically suspended for fighting.  I've seen some of that in schools.  They have what they call "zero tolerance" for fighting.  It doesn't matter who started what or if one had tried to walk off or tried to simply defend himself, they just suspend both.  So that's the answer school's have?  It's really unfair, because some students just don't care nor do their parents.  What a bout the student that wasn't doing anything, and just minding their own business?  Suddenly, they're suspended and it's all zero's in those classes, and that student is being unfairly punished.  What message is the school sending?  If a student is being bullied or pushed or hit, they will hide it to avoid being accused of "fighting" imo.  The bullying stuff needs to stop. 

Years ago, I found that my youngest son was being bullied at school.  I went in to speak with the principal about this, and he sent me over to the counselor's office.   She said to bring my son in so she could talk with him and counsel him about how to handle being bullied.  Um...  I asked her why she didn't bring the BULLY in and counsel him?  Get his parents in there too, and find out why this kid was bullying others?  Fortunately, it was taken care of because I have another older son that had a "talk" with this bully's older brother and it came to a halt. 

First your child gets bullied by the bully, then by the district.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »

it's  -22o fah.today...brrrr   soup's on!  and I'm off to brave the cold.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »

God luck.  an angelic monkey

Thanks!  What a mess!  This barber had clippers older than my Dad and could not cut through his thick hair.  It was a nightmare!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »

Just talked to my Granddaughter,and she told me she has been baptized.I am so happy for her..worry about her all the time.  an angelic monkey

How wonderful!  I am happy she is happy for herself!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

Just added this to helpful hints.  I know many are now using the iPad:

HOW TO COPY AND PASTE ON AN IPAD:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5948054_copy-paste-ipad.html

Also this video:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6LUv4t12pCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Klaas, you are the best!

I believe in miracles!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »

Here is hoping you don't have to even use the MADAM voice, JSM. Tell her "the monkeys" don't want to make a visit.

If I was close to you sister's bakery I would be there in the morning! That is my weakness.  Does she ship?
  an angelic monkey I didn't have to use my MADAM voice Caddy. She said she will take extra special care of him. I just love her, she hugs me like I am family.

I don't know if she ships, since she just opened. I will look into it for you. I will tell you, her chocolate chip cookies are the best I have ever had. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »

My step dad just brought me chicken spaghetti my mom made last night before he went to surgery.   

I would have gone and ate last night but I was clearing out stuff in CC's new closet.

I hope your SD is okay.

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey Thanks Bearly, I guess I worded it wrong, he wasn't having surgery himself. He was going to do surgery.

I like that monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2012, 05:47:29 PM »

Patton will melt that ice-woman's heart, just wait and see.

Hasn't happened yet Bearly. She still is cold as ice 

::MonkeyMad    She has no business working in a field that requires empathy and compassion.  The animals and their concerned owners require it.
Is management wearing blinders?! 

I don't know if they are wearing blinders or if she is just not a people person. But this morning Patton didn't want to go back into the hospital with her.

That's not good.  Have you talked to management about this?  I am sure Patton is not the only animal that senses something about her, unless he is picking up on your concerns.  This is a sad situation.  What are you thinking about doing next?

Bearly, he has an appointment to get his 2nd flu shot on Saturday, so I may say something then. It has been really a mess because they are remodeling the hospital. So I haven't been able to talk to the person I need to so hopefully I can on Saturday. I am scared if I say anything right now, how she will treat him when he has his next treatment while I am in Chicago. It is kinda of a should I wait or say something now. I really don't know what to do. 

I can sympathize, my Mom feels the same way about saying things about my Dad and his treatment.

I'm sorry Bearly your mom feels the same way. Sometimes we just don't know what to do or say.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

Thank you so much, Can.  She is doing well.  I am staying with her now.

an angelic monkey

Good to hear your Mom is doing well Bearly.  She is so blesed to have a daughter like you.

You made me cry!

Truth is, I don't think about it, I just do it.  I was going from my Mom's room to my Dad's last night (about 2-3 blocks away if it were outside) and the nurse said, your parents really keep you hopping.  Until that very second, I had not thought about what I do, but what I could not do.  (My son is off Friday and Monday and I wanted to spend time with him, even if it is only jammie time, and my Mom has to go to a follow up appointment and then wanted to go to the dentist on the same day, she was upset with me, but I really need to spend time with Cubby).  I had been feeling so guilty, your comment came right when I needed it the most.  Thank you, it means more than you will ever know.

Bless you Bearly. 
I am so very sorry your Mom is upset with you and wasn't able to understand (at least in that moment in time) how important her Grandsons' needs are, or yours.  Mom and son time is essential and endearing.    Somehow that speaks to me of how much you do for your Mom and how reliant she has become upon your help. How much lovelier for you if she had thanked you for all you do and said, 'That's alright dear, I understand... we can go to the dentist another time'
Bearly, you deserve to be appreciated.  Please don't stretch yourself too thin.  You matter!
Remember your own words - Think of what you DO - and not what you can't do.

Believe you me, if you were my daughter, my heart would swell with pride!
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Thank you, Can.  I am taking her tomorrow to her doctor, so I don't need to take her on Friday.  She now does not want to go to the dentist on Friday.  I think it is all catching up to her.  I think it all caught up to us at the same time.  Saturday, I am taking my Dad for a haircut.  Originally, I was going to do it, but I don't think I can stand that long right now.  My Mom is used to my Dad taking her everywhere she wants to go, and I know she is in a panic about the ulcers on her feet which are not, thank God, getting bigger.  They are not infected.

I just don't think she realizes how much work goes on when she is not there, that she just does not see.  I have to remember, this is about her and not about me.  I don't want to let her down, but sometimes her wants are more than a person is capable of doing.

Love you, Can.  Thanks for the support.  That is all I need to set me right.

an angelic monkey Oh Bearly, you are doing your best for the both of them. My prayers are with you all.

It's the three of them.  Today I am taking my Dad for a haircut.

::snipping2::

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.