March 28, 2024, 11:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 708424 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2240 on: February 29, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

Bearly...take care of your self! what were your symptoms of the blood clots ?
lately when I sit a long time..duh..on the computer....the back of my leg hurts really bad...it starts having pain from my butt to the back of my thigh, down to my calf...only on my right side...if only hurts when I sit...when I lay down or walk around I am just fine, no pain...does that sound anything like what you were experiencing? thanks..oh, and how did the doctor determine blood clots? X-rays?
Cookie have you ever had problem with your Sciatic nerve?  Thats sometimes  symptoms of that nasty little nerve!
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2241 on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »

Good morning my friends!  Hope everyone has a blessed day!  I get to see my son tomorrow- he has been gone for two months!

Have fun visiting with you son Caddy.    Is he coming there or are you going there?
He is coming home for a long weekend.  He is away doing an internship and just taking a break.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2242 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys  I am back on line. I really hate being without my computer. Lets hope this time they got it fixed. Hughes has terrible customer service. Went out Thursday and the tech didn't get here until this afternoon. He didn't even get the work order until late yesterday.

I sure pray Trimm is okay. And it's internet problems and nothing more.

4Donks lovely picture. Noticed today that all the wild flowers along to highway are starting to bloom.

Bearly I am so sorry you aren't feeling well and trying to do it all for everybody. All the Monkeys gave good advice. But like Can said it's easy to give advice when we aren't walking in your shoes. Prayers and Hugs for you and the family. an angelic monkey

Thanks, Cutie.  I went to my family doctor today.  I have blood clots on the back of my leg where you bend it, I have bronchitis, and a vitamin deficiency.  No wonder I feel grumpy!

Oh no Bearly no wonder you are feeling grumpy. Antibodies and some vitamins will take care of the last two things. But the blood clots needs to be addressed right away. I sure wish you lived closer to is North Texas Monkeys so we could help you.

Thanks!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2243 on: February 29, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »

Good morning my friends!  Hope everyone has a blessed day!  I get to see my son tomorrow- he has been gone for two months!

Have fun visiting with you son Caddy.    Is he coming there or are you going there?
He is coming home for a long weekend.  He is away doing an internship and just taking a break.

I remember reading about your trip taking him.

Have a wonderful weekend!

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2244 on: February 29, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »

I remember reading about your trip taking him.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Brandi - What a good memory you have!!  But - ha ha - he came home from that internship and is now on another one!  He is learning alot - but at some point he has to bite the bullet and get a job!!  He will I know.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2245 on: February 29, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »

For Bearly- you rant on, that is what we are here for.  I feel your pain of being in a rock and a hard place with your parents.  As for the laundry, is it really about you coming to do the laundry or is it she just wants to give someone directives?  I don't know in your situation but I have found often times it is not the task at hand but control of one another.

4donks is right- take care of yourself first.

We just found out that Mom is going to be moved from the memory care over to Assisted Living maybe this week. That is one of the first things she asked me was who was going to do her laundry.  (I wanted to say maybe she didn't need to be moving then if she can't take care of it herself?)

Good point Cadi!

What is memory care?  Hear what you wanted to say, but what did you say?

Well, to the best of my knowledge it is the care of those who suffer from memory issues like dementia or Alzheimer's - in my opinion, a gentle name for the facility in lieu of "Alzheimer's" care.  Although she was diagnosed with dementia- not Alzheimer's.  I was told the difference but could not tell you.

She went to the memory care straight from the hospital with the understanding if she adapted well she could potentially move over into the assisted living. She has been there about eight weeks and they will assess her again this week to see if they think she functions well enough to move.  All signs , so far, point to a move.

One thing I have learned - did y'all know that confusion in the elderly can be as a result of infections, like urinary tract infections? Infections affect the brain.  When infections clear in the elderly, the confusion can lessen.

fixed quote

Thanks for the explanation Cadi.  Generally speaking I imagine it is more likely one would move from assisted living to memory care so it sounds like your Mom is making progress.

No, I didn't know urinary tract infections affect the brain and improve confusion when the infection clears.  Interesting.  Thank you.
You are so correct that one would logically move from AL to the memory care.  She was in a bad state of mind, over the Christmas holidays so the suggestion was made by her doctors at that time to move her in the memory care section and see how she did there.  Actually, she is functioning better than most of the residents there.  With an assessment, she can move into the AL if the staff and doctors approve.  I questioned the doctor when he recommended the memory care back then, and he said that if a resident shows improvement,  a move happens frequently.  (I didn't know that either.)

She is missing peer interaction right now.  I hope she takes advantage of meeting new faces, if she is approved to move.  She tends to stay to herself these days.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2246 on: February 29, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »

For Bearly- you rant on, that is what we are here for.  I feel your pain of being in a rock and a hard place with your parents.  As for the laundry, is it really about you coming to do the laundry or is it she just wants to give someone directives?  I don't know in your situation but I have found often times it is not the task at hand but control of one another.

We just found out that Mom is going to be moved from the memory care over to Assisted Living maybe this week. That is one of the first things she asked me was who was going to do her laundry.  (I wanted to say maybe she didn't need to be moving then if she can't take care of it herself?)

Good point Cadi!

Well, to the best of my knowledge it is the care of those who suffer from memory issues like dementia or Alzheimer's - in my opinion, a gentle name for the facility in lieu of "Alzheimer's" care.  Although she was diagnosed with dementia- not Alzheimer's.  I was told the difference but could not tell you.

She went to the memory care straight from the hospital with the understanding if she adapted well she could potentially move over into the assisted living. She has been there about eight weeks and they will assess her again this week to see if they think she functions well enough to move.  All signs , so far, point to a move.

One thing I have learned - did y'all know that confusion in the elderly can be as a result of infections, like urinary tract infections? Infections affect the brain.  When infections clear in the elderly, the confusion can lessen.

fixed quote

Thanks for the explanation Cadi.  Generally speaking I imagine it is more likely one would move from assisted living to memory care so it sounds like your Mom is making progress.

No, I didn't know urinary tract infections affect the brain and improve confusion when the infection clears.  Interesting.  Thank you.

One other thing, if the person has had anesthesia in the last year.  Apparently it takes a year to recover memory after that.

I believe in miracles!
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2247 on: February 29, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

Thanks Bearly, I did not know that about the anesthesia! 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2248 on: February 29, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/02/29/147650943/davy-jones-of-the-monkees-has-died

Davy Jones Of The Monkees Has Died.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2249 on: February 29, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/02/28/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-announced/

New ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Cast Announced

Here are the 11 stars and their professional partners:

Former child star Melissa Gilbert, Partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

“Family Matters” star Jaleel White, Partner: Kym Johnson

Tennis Legend Martina Navratilova, Partner: Tony Dovolani

Soap star Jack Wagner, Partner: Anna Trebunskaya

NFL star Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers, Partner: Peta Murgatroyd

“View” co-host Sherri Shepherd, Partner: Val Chmerkovskiy

Singer Gavin DeGraw, Partner: Karina Smirnoff

The Disney Channel’s Roshon Fegan, Partner: Chelsie Hightower

“Extra” co-host Maria Menounos, Partner: Derek Hough

Music legend Gladys Knight, Partner: Tristan MacManus

Singer Katherine Jenkins, Partner: Mark Ballas

Cuban actor and model William Levy, Partner: Cheryl Burke

Thanks Bearly.  As a fan of tennis, I'll be watching Martina.  She has a lot of spunk and had a fantastic, lengthy career in tennis.

Oh, I didn't know you were a tennis fan.  One of my SILs loves tennis.  My son played tennis in Middle School.  I enjoyed watching him.

Martina is such a great sport (no pun intended).  I remember her being on Sesame Street and interacting with the Muppets.  I was enchanted with her interactions with the children's characters.

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2250 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »

How exciting - amazing how much we can miss them when they are not home. Enjoy!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2251 on: February 29, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

I was wondering if everyone could say a little prayer for me. I am sure it is nothing but my sister has been wanting to have this big pow wow - I am not sure what about but she said it is serious and she needs to talk to me. We talk all the time by email and phone but she wants to do this one in private face to face! Like I said, I am sure it is nothing but I am a bit scared - she has not been feeling great lately and I am afraid something is wrong with her. I am so nervous - which is unlike me. So a little extra strength would be appreciated!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2252 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »

Good point Cadi!

fixed quote

One other thing, if the person has had anesthesia in the last year.  Apparently it takes a year to recover memory after that.

The simplest explanation of the difference is that Alzheimer's is a form of dementia but there are many causes including Alzheimer for dementia. Sort of like cancer and breast cancer - one is a subset of the other.

I have heard about the anesthesia issue - I know that any surgery or injury can rapidly accelerate the Alzheimer and that acceleration may or may not return closer to the before state.

- George Bernard Shaw
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2253 on: February 29, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »

I was wondering if everyone could say a little prayer for me. I am sure it is nothing but my sister has been wanting to have this big pow wow - I am not sure what about but she said it is serious and she needs to talk to me. We talk all the time by email and phone but she wants to do this one in private face to face! Like I said, I am sure it is nothing but I am a bit scared - she has not been feeling great lately and I am afraid something is wrong with her. I am so nervous - which is unlike me. So a little extra strength would be appreciated!
How about a BIG prayer instead of a little prayer!!??  Be strong!

Thanks for all your insights into the aging issues - you are so helpful, really!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2254 on: February 29, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »

TBM Prayers & Hugs headed your way.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2255 on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

My dad passed away almost 2 years ago from a form of Dementia known as Frontotemporal Dementia.  It was so devastating he went from a very kind and caring daddy to a mean, confused & nasty person within a couple of years.  It got so bad I couldn't be alone with him, he would become physical and we never knew when he would turn on me.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/frontotemporal-dementia/DS00874

Frontotemporal dementia (frontotemporal lobar degeneration) is an umbrella term for a diverse group of uncommon disorders that primarily affect the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain — the areas generally associated with personality, behavior and language.

In frontotemporal dementia, portions of these lobes atrophy or shrink. Signs and symptoms vary, depending upon the portion of the brain affected. Some people with frontotemporal dementia undergo dramatic changes in their personality and become socially inappropriate, impulsive or emotionally indifferent, while others lose the ability to use and understand language.

Frontotemporal dementia is often misdiagnosed as a psychiatric problem or as Alzheimer's disease. But frontotemporal dementia tends to occur at a younger age than does Alzheimer's disease, typically between the ages of 40 and 70.

Frontotemporal dementia involve extreme changes in behavior and personality. These include:

Increasingly inappropriate actions
Loss of empathy and other interpersonal skills
Lack of judgment and inhibition
Apathy
Repetitive compulsive behavior
A decline in personal hygiene
Changes in eating habits, predominantly overeating
Lack of awareness of thinking or behavioral changes

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2256 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »

That was such a hard time Babs. Not knowing what was really going on. Until almost at the end. Dementia and Alzheimer's are as hard on those around the loved ones as the loved ones themselves.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2257 on: February 29, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »

That was such a hard time Babs. Not knowing what was really going on. Until almost at the end. Dementia and Alzheimer's are as hard on those around the loved ones as the loved ones themselves.  an angelic monkey

Oh it was GE, thankgoodness we were finally able to talk to the psychiatrist otherwise we may never have known his true diagnosis.

I'll never be able to thankyou enough for all the trips you made with me to the home standing in as "my bodyguard" during those trying times.     
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2258 on: February 29, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »

Bearly...take care of your self! what were your symptoms of the blood clots ?
lately when I sit a long time..duh..on the computer....the back of my leg hurts really bad...it starts having pain from my butt to the back of my thigh, down to my calf...only on my right side...if only hurts when I sit...when I lay down or walk around I am just fine, no pain...does that sound anything like what you were experiencing? thanks..oh, and how did the doctor determine blood clots? X-rays?
Cookie have you ever had problem with your Sciatic nerve?  Thats sometimes  symptoms of that nasty little nerve!

Babs..not that I know of. But looking up my symptoms online, it sounds exactly sciatic nerve! is there anything that can be done about it? thank you for replying...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2259 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »

you betcha!  consider it done!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.