March 28, 2024, 10:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 708396 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2280 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

good morning everyone!
Molly gets to come home with us tomorrow...excited...

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2281 on: March 01, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »

good morning everyone!
Oh how fun!!  I can't wait to hear the Molly shenanigans.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2282 on: March 01, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

good morning everyone!

Hide all shoes...buy lots of chew toys...sit back and enjoy.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2283 on: March 01, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »

good morning everyone!

Hide all shoes...buy lots of chew toys...sit back and enjoy.

Pick up a gallon of Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle and a plastic spray bottle.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2284 on: March 01, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

all of the above is covered...shoes are put up, got the chews and the Natures Miracle....
I am going to try to get a good nights sleep tonight cause I don't think that I will be getting much sleep tomorrow night..her first night away from her mom and siblings...she will be whining all night..I have to tough it out though and keep her in her crate..after awhile she will be used to it...

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2285 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

good morning everyone!

How exciting! Make sure you give us pictures of all the cute things you guys will be doing!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2286 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »

Good morning my friends!  Hope everyone has a blessed day!  I get to see my son tomorrow- he has been gone for two months!

Your son will be home by now.    Enjoy!  Enjoy!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2287 on: March 02, 2012, 06:18:12 AM »

For Bearly- you rant on, that is what we are here for.  I feel your pain of being in a rock and a hard place with your parents.  As for the laundry, is it really about you coming to do the laundry or is it she just wants to give someone directives?  I don't know in your situation but I have found often times it is not the task at hand but control of one another.

4donks is right- take care of yourself first.

We just found out that Mom is going to be moved from the memory care over to Assisted Living maybe this week. That is one of the first things she asked me was who was going to do her laundry.  (I wanted to say maybe she didn't need to be moving then if she can't take care of it herself?)

Good point Cadi!

What is memory care?  Hear what you wanted to say, but what did you say?

Well, to the best of my knowledge it is the care of those who suffer from memory issues like dementia or Alzheimer's - in my opinion, a gentle name for the facility in lieu of "Alzheimer's" care.  Although she was diagnosed with dementia- not Alzheimer's.  I was told the difference but could not tell you.

She went to the memory care straight from the hospital with the understanding if she adapted well she could potentially move over into the assisted living. She has been there about eight weeks and they will assess her again this week to see if they think she functions well enough to move.  All signs , so far, point to a move.

One thing I have learned - did y'all know that confusion in the elderly can be as a result of infections, like urinary tract infections? Infections affect the brain.  When infections clear in the elderly, the confusion can lessen.

fixed quote

Thanks for the explanation Cadi.  Generally speaking I imagine it is more likely one would move from assisted living to memory care so it sounds like your Mom is making progress.

No, I didn't know urinary tract infections affect the brain and improve confusion when the infection clears.  Interesting.  Thank you.
You are so correct that one would logically move from AL to the memory care.  She was in a bad state of mind, over the Christmas holidays so the suggestion was made by her doctors at that time to move her in the memory care section and see how she did there.  Actually, she is functioning better than most of the residents there.  With an assessment, she can move into the AL if the staff and doctors approve.  I questioned the doctor when he recommended the memory care back then, and he said that if a resident shows improvement,  a move happens frequently.  (I didn't know that either.)

She is missing peer interaction right now.  I hope she takes advantage of meeting new faces, if she is approved to move.  She tends to stay to herself these days.

Maybe your Mom will be more social in a new setting. 
It was my experience with my father that staff and social workers do all they can to encourage participation in their social programmes. 
They also told me that women are more adaptable to social activities in these settings
than men.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2288 on: March 02, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »

GE - You must be so frustrated with Hughes!  Too bad they are your only option at this time.

Good morning Monkeys!

Morning Can  It does get frustrating. I am always so glad to be able to get back on line when it's all done. 

always good to see you GE.  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2289 on: March 02, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/02/28/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-announced/

New ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Cast Announced

Here are the 11 stars and their professional partners:

Former child star Melissa Gilbert, Partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

“Family Matters” star Jaleel White, Partner: Kym Johnson

Tennis Legend Martina Navratilova, Partner: Tony Dovolani

Soap star Jack Wagner, Partner: Anna Trebunskaya

NFL star Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers, Partner: Peta Murgatroyd

“View” co-host Sherri Shepherd, Partner: Val Chmerkovskiy

Singer Gavin DeGraw, Partner: Karina Smirnoff

The Disney Channel’s Roshon Fegan, Partner: Chelsie Hightower

“Extra” co-host Maria Menounos, Partner: Derek Hough

Music legend Gladys Knight, Partner: Tristan MacManus

Singer Katherine Jenkins, Partner: Mark Ballas

Cuban actor and model William Levy, Partner: Cheryl Burke

Thanks Bearly.  As a fan of tennis, I'll be watching Martina.  She has a lot of spunk and had a fantastic, lengthy career in tennis.

Oh, I didn't know you were a tennis fan.  One of my SILs loves tennis.  My son played tennis in Middle School.  I enjoyed watching him.

Martina is such a great sport (no pun intended).  I remember her being on Sesame Street and interacting with the Muppets.  I was enchanted with her interactions with the children's characters.

oh, I'm mad about tennis!  Have seen some of my fav's play @ our roger's tournament in August. Saw Monica Selles (the grunter) a few years back and Justine Henin ret'd,
Sam Stosur, among others and my all time fav player, Roger Federer!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2290 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:31 AM »

an angelic monkey
I was wondering if everyone could say a little prayer for me. I am sure it is nothing but my sister has been wanting to have this big pow wow - I am not sure what about but she said it is serious and she needs to talk to me. We talk all the time by email and phone but she wants to do this one in private face to face! Like I said, I am sure it is nothing but I am a bit scared - she has not been feeling great lately and I am afraid something is wrong with her. I am so nervous - which is unlike me. So a little extra strength would be appreciated!

an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2291 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »

My dad passed away almost 2 years ago from a form of Dementia known as Frontotemporal Dementia.  It was so devastating he went from a very kind and caring daddy to a mean, confused & nasty person within a couple of years.  It got so bad I couldn't be alone with him, he would become physical and we never knew when he would turn on me.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/frontotemporal-dementia/DS00874

Frontotemporal dementia (frontotemporal lobar degeneration) is an umbrella term for a diverse group of uncommon disorders that primarily affect the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain — the areas generally associated with personality, behavior and language.

In frontotemporal dementia, portions of these lobes atrophy or shrink. Signs and symptoms vary, depending upon the portion of the brain affected. Some people with frontotemporal dementia undergo dramatic changes in their personality and become socially inappropriate, impulsive or emotionally indifferent, while others lose the ability to use and understand language.

Frontotemporal dementia is often misdiagnosed as a psychiatric problem or as Alzheimer's disease. But frontotemporal dementia tends to occur at a younger age than does Alzheimer's disease, typically between the ages of 40 and 70.

Frontotemporal dementia involve extreme changes in behavior and personality. These include:

Increasingly inappropriate actions
Loss of empathy and other interpersonal skills
Lack of judgment and inhibition
Apathy
Repetitive compulsive behavior
A decline in personal hygiene
Changes in eating habits, predominantly overeating
Lack of awareness of thinking or behavioral changes

How awful for you and your Dad, Babs!  I'm sorry for the pain and dismay your Dad's illness must have caused you.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2292 on: March 02, 2012, 07:03:02 AM »

Hi Monkeys!!! I haven't been able to post, work is driving me mad. Prayers for you all. I am cooking a meatloaf and potatoes for supper tonight. Gonna get to work and catch up in the morning.

I have been praying for you all and hope and pray you all are well.

Love and hugs.

JSM, Patton, Ruby and CC.   an angelic monkey

Hope you are well too.  Take care of yourself.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2293 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!  Happy Friday!

Cookie - Today is the day!     Welcome to sm Molly!

Trim -  Hope we hear from you soon!

Sister - Sorry to hear your Aunt Mable died.  Your plate is full as you say.  an angelic monkey 

Bearly - how are you?  Feeling any better?   an angelic monkey 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2294 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:43 AM »

Going out of town today to see my Mom.  Take her to lunch and have some girly time.
She had the first meeting with the intake person yesterday who made a home visit.
Such a stressful time for her and so much information for her to process. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2295 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »

an angelic monkey Morning Monkeys... sorry I have been away, but I am back now. Work has been crazy and I am whopped when I get home. My prayers have been with you all. Going to catch up little by little today when I get some down time. Missed you ALL!!!!  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2296 on: March 02, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »

Hi Monkeys  I am back on line. I really hate being without my computer. Lets hope this time they got it fixed. Hughes has terrible customer service. Went out Thursday and the tech didn't get here until this afternoon. He didn't even get the work order until late yesterday.

I sure pray Trimm is okay. And it's internet problems and nothing more.

4Donks lovely picture. Noticed today that all the wild flowers along to highway are starting to bloom.

Bearly I am so sorry you aren't feeling well and trying to do it all for everybody. All the Monkeys gave good advice. But like Can said it's easy to give advice when we aren't walking in your shoes. Prayers and Hugs for you and the family. an angelic monkey

Thanks, Cutie.  I went to my family doctor today.  I have blood clots on the back of my leg where you bend it, I have bronchitis, and a vitamin deficiency.  No wonder I feel grumpy!

Oh Bearly.  My goodness!  You are sick!  Please follow your doctors orders.  Has he given you a blood thinner?
Love and prayers.
can.   

I got a second opinion and love this man, he is now my family doctor.  My blood pressure was through the roof, which it was on Tuesday when I saw the other doctor and he didn't do anything about it.  I have bronchitis, yadda yadda, had a fever, he is checking for a vitamin deficiency to make sure (my tongue is burning like crazy), but the biggest news--it is now blood clots, but a Baker's Cyst, he said you can see it sticking out of my leg without even touching it and it is swollen and aggravated.  What a breath of fresh air.  I cannot say enough about him and he was a breath of fresh air.  I know I am in good hands. 

Thanks, everyone, for your concern and your prayers.

Today I am going to the funeral of a woman who was my next door neighbor all during my childhood.  With as much as my Mom was in the hospital, she often had to check up on us and make sure we went to school on time.  My son took the day off to honor her also.

Have a blessed and peaceful day (but don't forget to have fun yourself and put a smile on someone's face if you can).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2297 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »

Hi Monkeys  I am back on line. I really hate being without my computer. Lets hope this time they got it fixed. Hughes has terrible customer service. Went out Thursday and the tech didn't get here until this afternoon. He didn't even get the work order until late yesterday.

I sure pray Trimm is okay. And it's internet problems and nothing more.

4Donks lovely picture. Noticed today that all the wild flowers along to highway are starting to bloom.

Bearly I am so sorry you aren't feeling well and trying to do it all for everybody. All the Monkeys gave good advice. But like Can said it's easy to give advice when we aren't walking in your shoes. Prayers and Hugs for you and the family. an angelic monkey

Thanks, Cutie.  I went to my family doctor today.  I have blood clots on the back of my leg where you bend it, I have bronchitis, and a vitamin deficiency.  No wonder I feel grumpy!

Oh Bearly.  My goodness!  You are sick!  Please follow your doctors orders.  Has he given you a blood thinner?
Love and prayers.
can.   

I got a second opinion and love this man, he is now my family doctor.  My blood pressure was through the roof, which it was on Tuesday when I saw the other doctor and he didn't do anything about it.  I have bronchitis, yadda yadda, had a fever, he is checking for a vitamin deficiency to make sure (my tongue is burning like crazy), but the biggest news--it is now blood clots, but a Baker's Cyst, he said you can see it sticking out of my leg without even touching it and it is swollen and aggravated.  What a breath of fresh air.  I cannot say enough about him and he was a breath of fresh air.  I know I am in good hands. 

Thanks, everyone, for your concern and your prayers.

Today I am going to the funeral of a woman who was my next door neighbor all during my childhood.  With as much as my Mom was in the hospital, she often had to check up on us and make sure we went to school on time.  My son took the day off to honor her also.

Have a blessed and peaceful day (but don't forget to have fun yourself and put a smile on someone's face if you can).

I am so glad that you found your doctor - he sounds like a gem!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2298 on: March 02, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »

Praying for all those in the path of the tornados!!!! Please stay safe!!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2299 on: March 02, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »

Morning Monkeys 

Can have a good time with your mom. Prayers for her and the family. It's so hard to make changes even little ones when we get older let a lone big ones.  an angelic monkey

Bearly  So happy you got a second opinion. That there are no blood clots. an angelic monkey

Caddy hope you are enjoying your visit with your son. 

TBM  Prayers things are working out well with the family. an angelic monkey

JSM & CC miss you both

4Donks and all our Monkeys that are in the path of all these tornado's prayers you are all safe.  an angelic monkey

Trimm prayers you are okay.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.