March 28, 2024, 09:19:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 708378 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2740 on: March 16, 2012, 10:10:12 PM »

Be safe everyone!
We just had thunderstorms and a wonder smelling shower.
Have a funeral tomorrow for a 95-year old -- was playing bridge with 80 year olds, didn't feel well, went home and died.  Just imagine all the changes she has seen in 95 years.  Bless her heart.
See you sometime tomorrow folks.
Blessings.

Hope things go well for all today.

an angelic monkey

Thanks for asking Bearly.  It was a good day and a great send off for the 95 year old "feisty" lady.
Just going to chill tonight and watch an old movie or something.
Hope everyone is ok.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2741 on: March 17, 2012, 12:13:53 AM »

We need a 'golfing monkey' now.  I am so glad you both have something you can do together.  Even if you have to give it up for a year, you can still cheer him on for that year, it will go by quickly, you'll see.

Did you forget this one?

Just made you this one also:

Thanks, Brandi for hearing my plea for a monkey to represent our golf enthusiasts.  He is one big monkey, and cute, too.

It's the same size I use for all my monkey guys, but here's a smaller one if you like it better.

Not been around much since we had to take son to the ER the other night. Took him to the doctor's first, and he was diagnosed with a kidney stone, and they sent us to the ER without treating him because their bloodwork showed high elevations of white cells. The ER said no kidney stone, although the doc's XRays showed one. (The ER CT did not show a kidney stone and their bloodwork did not show a problem with white cells.) We are very confused, but he is getting some relief from the pain with meds they prescribed. I hope he is feeling better when the meds run out. Poor guy was in excruciating pain for 7 hours during all this process at the doc's and the ER until the ER finally gave him a shot of morphine. Unfortunately, it wore off in a few hours and we had to wait for the drug stores to open the next morning to get his prescriptions filled. Been a tough row for all of us to hoe the past few days. I am a wreck.

Thank you for the little golf guy, he is a cutie. 

I am so sorry you and your family have been through such a rough time.  It is beyond traumatic when your child is suffering, especially when you don't know why.  You have positive thoughts coming your way, hope you don't mind some prayers, too.

Pain is only a symptom, not a cause.  What do they think is the cause, or are they not thinking?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2742 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »

My poor hubs says he is never signing on to facebook again! Two weeks ago the sign blew down and he found out on facebook - today he gets up to a note from a neighbor about being woke up by explosions:

Apparently an employee decided that 70 was very cold so they used their remote starter - when it would not start he went out and tried with the key. As it was smoking he wanted to stay in the car. Our night manager and a waitress went out and pulled him out just before the explosion. Lucky guy.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2743 on: March 17, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »

My poor hubs says he is never signing on to facebook again! Two weeks ago the sign blew down and he found out on facebook - today he gets up to a note from a neighbor about being woke up by explosions:

Apparently an employee decided that 70 was very cold so they used their remote starter - when it would not start he went out and tried with the key. As it was smoking he wanted to stay in the car. Our night manager and a waitress went out and pulled him out just before the explosion. Lucky guy.

Now that is really frightening..

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2744 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »

TBM, I saw this and thought of you.  Hope it helps in some way.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2011/06/the_accused.html

My husband and I live next door to a nice man who is a single father of two: a 6-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy. We have a boy and a girl around the same ages. We get along well with the neighbor, and our children all played together until recently. My children alerted me about a month ago that Child Protective Services came and talked to them at school. Following that, we got a call from CPS explaining that the little girl next door told her therapist that she and my daughter willingly participated in inappropriate sexual behavior with each other. Thankfully, the CPS investigation found no evidence to support the allegation. Now that the case is closed, my neighbor wants things to go back to how they were, except more closely monitoring his daughter when she plays with our children. Recently I discovered the neighbor was aware of the allegation before we were, and he never had the courtesy to come and talk to us about it. I'm furious, hurt, and concerned about my children's reputation. I don't want either of my children to be around this little girl. My husband wants me to "drop it" and "put it behind us," but I can't. What should I do?

—Wish I Wasn't Your Neighbor

Dear Wish,
There are so many things that could have prompted the little girl's accusation. She could have  recently received a lecture about "inappropriate touching" then misinterpreted a tickling session between herself and your daughter. She could have a therapist who sees everyone as a potential molester. She could have someone in her life who is doing sexual things to her, and in fear and confusion she deflected her accusation onto your daughter. The problem is that now she is the grenade next door—you don't know whether she'll go off again or what the consequences will be if she does.

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2745 on: March 17, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »

My husband and I live next door to a nice man who is a single father of two: a 6-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy. We have a boy and a girl around the same ages. We get along well with the neighbor, and our children all played together until recently. My children alerted me about a month ago that Child Protective Services came and talked to them at school. Following that, we got a call from CPS explaining that the little girl next door told her therapist that she and my daughter willingly participated in inappropriate sexual behavior with each other. Thankfully, the CPS investigation found no evidence to support the allegation. Now that the case is closed, my neighbor wants things to go back to how they were, except more closely monitoring his daughter when she plays with our children. Recently I discovered the neighbor was aware of the allegation before we were, and he never had the courtesy to come and talk to us about it. I'm furious, hurt, and concerned about my children's reputation. I don't want either of my children to be around this little girl. My husband wants me to "drop it" and "put it behind us," but I can't. What should I do?

Dear Wish,
There are so many things that could have prompted the little girl's accusation. She could have  recently received a lecture about "inappropriate touching" then misinterpreted a tickling session between herself and your daughter. She could have a therapist who sees everyone as a potential molester. She could have someone in her life who is doing sexual things to her, and in fear and confusion she deflected her accusation onto your daughter. The problem is that now she is the grenade next door—you don't know whether she'll go off again or what the consequences will be if she does.

THanks. That echos my thoughts exactly.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2746 on: March 17, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »

Thank goodness no one was killed!
As 4Donks said, very frightening.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2747 on: March 17, 2012, 11:14:18 AM »

Dear Wish,

Thanks for sharing this Bearly.  I know TBM will benefit from the thoughts . . . it's an open opener.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2748 on: March 17, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2749 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »

You too Sister! We are off for corned beef and cabbage in a few then to see Fiddler on the Roof!

- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2750 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

He must be Irish and St. Patty must be his guardian angel!

I can't believe it!  Thank God for the employees who had the presence of mind to take him from the car!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2751 on: March 17, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »

Thanks!

Top of the mornin' to ya all!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2752 on: March 17, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

You too Sister! We are off for corned beef and cabbage in a few then to see Fiddler on the Roof!

I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2753 on: March 17, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2754 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

We need a 'golfing monkey' now.  I am so glad you both have something you can do together.  Even if you have to give it up for a year, you can still cheer him on for that year, it will go by quickly, you'll see.

Did you forget this one?

Thanks, Brandi for hearing my plea for a monkey to represent our golf enthusiasts.  He is one big monkey, and cute, too.

It's the same size I use for all my monkey guys, but here's a smaller one if you like it better.

Not been around much since we had to take son to the ER the other night. Took him to the doctor's first, and he was diagnosed with a kidney stone, and they sent us to the ER without treating him because their bloodwork showed high elevations of white cells. The ER said no kidney stone, although the doc's XRays showed one. (The ER CT did not show a kidney stone and their bloodwork did not show a problem with white cells.) We are very confused, but he is getting some relief from the pain with meds they prescribed. I hope he is feeling better when the meds run out. Poor guy was in excruciating pain for 7 hours during all this process at the doc's and the ER until the ER finally gave him a shot of morphine. Unfortunately, it wore off in a few hours and we had to wait for the drug stores to open the next morning to get his prescriptions filled. Been a tough row for all of us to hoe the past few days. I am a wreck.

I am so sorry you and your family have been through such a rough time.  It is beyond traumatic when your child is suffering, especially when you don't know why.  You have positive thoughts coming your way, hope you don't mind some prayers, too.

Pain is only a symptom, not a cause.  What do they think is the cause, or are they not thinking?

Thanks, Bearly.

After the doctor's office diagnosed a kidney stone (with XRays) and sent us to the hospital ER, the ER said he had no kidney stones and merely said he "had back pain and vomiting in an adult." They gave him a shot of morphine and several pain prescriptions and an anti-nausea prescription and sent him home, saying if it got worse, come back. The ER also LOST son's XRays and paperwork we brought in from the doctor's visit.

I still think he has a kidney stone. I am worried about when his meds are gone and that he'll be right back where he was again, in pain.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. He needs them.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2755 on: March 17, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »

Happy St. Pats day.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2756 on: March 17, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »

Did you forget this one?

Thanks, Bearly.

After the doctor's office diagnosed a kidney stone (with XRays) and sent us to the hospital ER, the ER said he had no kidney stones and merely said he "had back pain and vomiting in an adult." They gave him a shot of morphine and several pain prescriptions and an anti-nausea prescription and sent him home, saying if it got worse, come back. The ER also LOST son's XRays and paperwork we brought in from the doctor's visit.

I still think he has a kidney stone. I am worried about when his meds are gone and that he'll be right back where he was again, in pain.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. He needs them.

You got 'em.

an angelic monkey

Is there another doctor or ER you can go for another opinion?  Does your doctor have the original X-ray?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2757 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »

Happy St. Pats day.

I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2758 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »

I posted Easter/Spring avatars in my section today. I posted for Babs, Cadillac, Cookie, JSM, labubske, pharlap, Sister, TBM and Tupelo. So go check them out please!

If you would like one and I have not pre-made yours, just leave a post for me.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #2759 on: March 17, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »

Happy St. Patton's Day!!!!

Prayers to all monkeys in need.  JSM says Hi, but were both still trying to get over our colds.  JSM was a busy housewife today - vacuumed, and did most of the stuff inside cleaning while I did the patio patio sliding doors and empties the ole flower/plant pots.  JSM is delirious now.

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.