March 29, 2024, 02:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #30 1/01/12 -  (Read 708712 times)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2820 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »

Cc.  Super duper good luck on Thursday..good comparison Brandi on the cost of living Chicago vs Texas....even if you have to reduce your pay, you will have a job and you can look for something else while employed...

Sister...thinking of you and Connie! Good news it seems?

Brandi...sorry that you and son are not feeling the best...darn it..
Donks...glad that you were not injured..

I don't like my puppy at all! Sad but true...no enjoyable time with her...obedience class better help..

Oh Cookie - I can relate to a "bad" puppy - as in the Criminal we have.  She is /was so not a "pet"- and she is still like that.  But it will get better with Molly - she is of a breed that is active. 

Obedience will help but also with age/maturity it will get better.

I cried so many times over the Criminal that I was ready to give her back to the humane society - from where she came - she has adapted to our home - but so NOT  a pet!!

Hang in there - she is trainable - I am sure of that!

My daughter has a British lab - we ran her  3 miles yesterday - and threw a ball for hours after the run (and I mean hours) - and she never got tired.  She is about 15 months old.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2821 on: March 19, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

Cc.  Super duper good luck on Thursday..good comparison Brandi on the cost of living Chicago vs Texas....even if you have to reduce your pay, you will have a job and you can look for something else while employed...

I don't like my puppy at all! Sad but true...no enjoyable time with her...obedience class better help..

Oh Cookie - I can relate to a "bad" puppy - as in the Criminal we have.  She is /was so not a "pet"- and she is still like that.  But it will get better with Molly - she is of a breed that is active. 

Obedience will help but also with age/maturity it will get better.

I cried so many times over the Criminal that I was ready to give her back to the humane society - from where she came - she has adapted to our home - but so NOT  a pet!!

Hang in there - she is trainable - I am sure of that!

My daughter has a British lab - we ran her  3 miles yesterday - and threw a ball for hours after the run (and I mean hours) - and she never got tired.  She is about 15 months old.

Yikes caddy she sounds like my granddaughters Blue Healer. He is so hyper. The vet told them they had to keep teaching him new tricks to keep him occupied. He is 6 months old. He can't be still. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2822 on: March 19, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

thanks all for the encouragement...I have to put her in her bed/crate a few times a day just to have some quiet time away from her. I feel bad for that but I think that she gets herself so wound up that she doesn't know how to settle herself down unless I do that..she goes right in and falls asleep for a couple of hours..thank goodness! between her being an active pup, she gets up like 3 times a night to go potty..at least she tells me and doesn't go in her crate...lack of sleep with her hyperness is doing me in! than hubs sends me some photos of her that he took of her this weekend and she really is a pretty girl...sigh...
anyways, thanks again...I need the hope that she will get better...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2823 on: March 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »

thanks all for the encouragement...I have to put her in her bed/crate a few times a day just to have some quiet time away from her. I feel bad for that but I think that she gets herself so wound up that she doesn't know how to settle herself down unless I do that..she goes right in and falls asleep for a couple of hours..thank goodness! between her being an active pup, she gets up like 3 times a night to go potty..at least she tells me and doesn't go in her crate...lack of sleep with her hyperness is doing me in! than hubs sends me some photos of her that he took of her this weekend and she really is a pretty girl...sigh...

Cookie it will get better. Once she grows up a little you will adore her. They are such loving dogs.  an angelic monkey She needs her little down times as much as you do.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2824 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »

Thanks...I hope I can last lol...
We have in ground fencing for Benji. The guy is coming out next Monday to fit Molly with her collar ...she won't stay in our yard now...just started wandering today....ssssoooooo she will have to learn to stay in her boundaries...I don't want her to get hit by a car or get
Lost....

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2825 on: March 19, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

Thanks...I hope I can last lol...
We have in ground fencing for Benji. The guy is coming out next Monday to fit Molly with her collar ...she won't stay in our yard now...just started wandering today....ssssoooooo she will have to learn to stay in her boundaries...I don't want her to get hit by a car or get
Lost....

I have an Invisible Fence and it is WONDERFUL!  I don't know what we would do without it.  Molly is a smart breed, and she will get the gist of it really fast.

We put the Criminal in it (fence training) - early - before they recommended it ( I don;t  remember what the age was) and she has done great!!

I even bought the portable inside "shocker" and trained them in doorways.  They stay in certain rooms now - where I trained them with the shocker not to cross threshholds.  Chubs doesn't even wear the "necklace" anymore - because she minds without it.  I would never take it off Cad the Criminal - but she stays in the yard - she won't even chase the neighbors cat!!

And don't forget to have her micro chipped.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2826 on: March 19, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »

Cadi...yes the in ground fencing is fab...I also have the indoor system too. Benji doesn't wear his collar either cause he stays in he yard..I wish he guy could om out sooner with Molly's collar and training but he is booked till next week..it is gonna be a long week.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2827 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »

Cookie,

So sorry you are having a rough time with Molly right now.

Here are some of my thoughts, for what they are worth:

The way I see it, you have a baby dog and you are not a Momma dog. It's going to take some time to bond and know what to do for Molly and for Molly to know what you expect from her.

Her personality has not developed yet. She's a baby and doing what comes instinctively, and can't yet know what you'd like from her. Puppies are little balls of energy, as you are seeing. As for the biting and sharp teeth, whenever she bites you, tell her NO and give her something to chew on. Do the same for anything she should not be chewing on. Just substitute the chew toy. Those sharp teeth will fall out and be replaced with adult teeth, and right now, she wants to chew everything she sees. Like a teething baby.

Labs are great dogs and aim to please their owner and surrounding members of the family. She'll want to do this when she gets a little older.

As everyone said, give it time. It's not easy to raise a dog from a puppy. It's hard work, and constant work. The training classes are a great idea, and in time, they will also pay off.

I am sure in a while you two will bond and your personalities will work well with each other and you'll be best friends.

Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing. It's just plain hard work!

an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2828 on: March 20, 2012, 08:27:04 AM »

Thank u Brandi...you have put things in perspective..I guess that I am looking for the easy way out, to avoid the unpleasantness of having the puppy, skipping onto the good dog, best friend stage lol...xoxoxo

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2829 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »

Sounds like Texas is getting some bad weather now...
Stay safe!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2830 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Yikes not much sleep for this Texas Monkey. We didn't have any of the Tornado's around here that the southern and western areas had. It has not stopped raining since yesterday afternoon. But after about 7 last night it started lightening and thundering. And didn't stop until around 7 this morning. It seemed like it was continuous all night. I love thunder and lightening. But it was so loud and would rumble one and one until the next one would hit.  Each time I would just about get to sleep another strike of lightning would hit and then the boom would come. The whole house would vibrate from them. I know we need the rain. But 3 to 6 inches and some areas got up to 7 inches in less than 24 hours is bit to much to fast. 

I don't know how the other Texas Monkeys did. But I am ready for some sleep. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2831 on: March 20, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Yikes not much sleep for this Texas Monkey. We didn't have any of the Tornado's around here that the southern and western areas had. It has not stopped raining since yesterday afternoon. But after about 7 last night it started lightening and thundering. And didn't stop until around 7 this morning. It seemed like it was continuous all night. I love thunder and lightening. But it was so loud and would rumble one and one until the next one would hit.  Each time I would just about get to sleep another strike of lightning would hit and then the boom would come. The whole house would vibrate from them. I know we need the rain. But 3 to 6 inches and some areas got up to 7 inches in less than 24 hours is bit to much to fast. 

I don't know how the other Texas Monkeys did. But I am ready for some sleep. 
Sure know what you mean GE about the Ka-boomers, that thunder was un-relenting all night.  The dogs were so terrified we couldn't hold them down, thankgoodness the cats slept through most of it.

Showing 4 inches of rain in my gauge but it sure felt like more!

Guess CC finally got his first good Texas storm under his belt!  You can come out from under the bed now CC, its just about over........
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2832 on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »

Good morning Monkeys--Good morning Cookie--  I haven't been around much lately and likely won't in the future because of some great things happening in my life, but I did want to tell you about my experience when I first got Charlie. Charlie was a big older than Molly when I got him, but still a young dog.  He was losing his baby teeth and so he must have been about six months old.  He loved to crunch down on my hand or any part of me he could reach.  I also had the blind Yorkie.  I hired Dawn, the young woman who has a show on the Animal Planet and lives in the town I do to come over to help me with Charlie and also advise me about Tuppence.  She told me that male dogs rarely attack female dogs and my Yorkie would be fine.  She was.  But what I butted in here for was to tell you about Charlie's biting.  She told me that when Charlie bit me that I should scream as loud as I could.  I did it maybe two times and never had the problem with Charlie again.  He sometimes plays with me and acts as if he is going to bite but it's a very gentle bite and he knows not to hurt me because I'll scream. In ten minutes she had him walking by my side on the leash and sitting on command. 

I sometimes see her at the Vet with her dogs.  (She has a performing dog show at a theatre here,) and her dogs are so well behaved she can take four or five in at a time and they just sit and wait their turn.  She recently married and I can't think of her last name now but her first name is Dawn.

Having a puppy is frustrating until they learn what is expected of them.  Dogs are usually eager to please and Molly will become so.  But then I never met a dog I didn't like.

Best regards to everyone and I hope everyone is well and happy.  Prayers for those who need them.  Hugs for those who need them too.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #2833 on: March 20, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »

Nice storms last night.  I had to protect JSM and Ruby protected Patton.  I'm on my way to being a Texan

TBM - it was fun taking JSM's measurements last night.

A couple of birds are thinking about making a nest in one or both of our hanging patio planters.  I think it would be tweet if they did

Do No Evil 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2834 on: March 20, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »

Where's this BIG damn Texas storm that I've been waiting for?  Ruby and I are patiently waiting out on the patio for some excitement.   

Won't be long CC, really starting to rumble up here!

No rumbling here.  I only saw one flash of lightening and that was around 11:00.

Dallas County Audit Office interview on Thursady at 2:00.  May have to swallow my pride and take a more than 50% paycut.

Oh  my.  Good luck!  I hope you make the choice that's right for you.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2835 on: March 20, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »

Hope the storms miss all the monkeys.
Sister keeping fingers crossed for Connie.
Brandi how's your son doing? (you too)
Today I wasted most of the day with the insurance company. Yesterday was involved in a six car accident and the truck was carried away on truck. They were suppose to do the estimate today but it didn't happen...so maybe tomorrow. The guy that caused the accident had no drivers licence, car registration or insurance and spoke no English. The State Trooper didn't ticket or arrest him. His car was totaled and he just disappeared from the scene.....very aggravating.
JSM I hope playing golf won't aggravate your shoulder.

Everyone have a safe day and I'm off to do the donks.

I am so glad  you are not hurt.  Sorry about the truck.  That stinks!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2836 on: March 20, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »

We got 1 1/2" of rain in about half an hour was coming down pretty good, along with the wind and temp drop down to the low 50's, was near 80 at noon.  Guess thats good that its cooler less chance of twisters, so hold on CC its a comin!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2837 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:29 PM »

Sad

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2838 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

Hope the storms miss all the monkeys.
Sister keeping fingers crossed for Connie.
Brandi how's your son doing? (you too)
Today I wasted most of the day with the insurance company. Yesterday was involved in a six car accident and the truck was carried away on truck. They were suppose to do the estimate today but it didn't happen...so maybe tomorrow. The guy that caused the accident had no drivers licence, car registration or insurance and spoke no English. The State Trooper didn't ticket or arrest him. His car was totaled and he just disappeared from the scene.....very aggravating.
JSM I hope playing golf won't aggravate your shoulder.

Everyone have a safe day and I'm off to do the donks.

Good grief, 4 Donks!

Why on earth did they let that guy get away!?

So glad you were not hurt in the accident!

Thanks for asking about son and me. I thought I was all better, having had almost 3 whole days pain-free. Then yesterday, I was in pain. Took way too many Ibuprofen, some aspirin and Aleve. Finally got to lie down and get some sleep at 8 this morning.

Son is still on his pain meds, trying to go as long as possible without them. He went 19 hours without a dose, and the pain was returning, so he took another round and now is resting. So aggravating not knowing for sure what is causing the pain and how to get him well.

Brandi sorry to hear your sinus pain is back. Prayers your son starts getting better soon. Just a thought. How long does it take to pass kidneys stones? I know when my nephew had one it was to big to pass so they had to remove it.  I worry about you both. Please take care an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2839 on: March 20, 2012, 07:11:30 PM »

Cookie it will get better. Once she grows up a little you will adore her. They are such loving dogs.  an angelic monkey She needs her little down times as much as you do.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.