March 28, 2024, 10:31:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspect out on bond kidnaps wife again  (Read 1621 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

http://bentoncourier.com/content/suspect-out-bond-kidnaps-wife-again

Suspect out on bond kidnaps wife again

January 3, 2012

BY MATT BURKS
mburks@bentoncourier.com

A Benton man who was out on bond after allegedly using a Taser to kidnap his ex-wife back in October is accused of kidnapping her again on New Year's Eve.

Benton police arrested 52-year-old Gerald Schmidt Jr., who, as of press time, remained incarcerated at the Saline County jail.

Lt. Kevin Russell, public information officer for the Benton Police Department, said officers were called to the 1100 block of English Oak Drive for a disturbance, when they learned that Yin Yan Schmidt, 34, had been taken from the home at gunpoint by her former husband.

As Benton officers searched the area for Gerald Schmidt, Bryant police received a call of a woman asking for help near Bishop Park. However, when Bryant officers arrived at the area, no one was found. Later, authorities determined that the woman calling for help was Yin Yan Schmidt.

Russell said that early Sunday, Benton officers found both Gerald and Yin Yan Schmidt at the Econo Lodge off Interstate 30 in Benton, and Gerald Schmidt was taken into custody without incident. Gerald Schmidt was charged with aggravated residential burglary, kidnapping and stalking. Bryant police also charged Schmidt with rape.

Gerald Schmidt was already out on a $50,000 sheriff's bond for allegedly kidnapping Yin Yan Schmidt on Oct. 30, 2011, and is scheduled to appear before Benton District Judge Mike Robinson on Jan. 24 in conjunction with that charge.

Yin Yan Schmidt, 34, told police that after her ex-husband drove her to a store in Benton on Oct. 31, he Tased her multiple times, put her in the back-seat floorboard of his SUV and handcuffed her to the base of the vehicle seats. He then drove the vehicle to Galveston, Texas, where they stayed for the night, and then began driving back to Arkansas.

Gerald Schmidt allegedly made remarks about his wife's death along the way, according to information Yin-Yin Schmidt gave to officers.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »

Wonder what his bond will be this time, your honor?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.