April 26, 2024, 05:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #647 6/25 - 6/26/2007  (Read 164049 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 08:07:12 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Several years ago I did some research on salt water aquariums, bought a tank, was looking at filtration systems, built a cabinet for the tank and then something in me said WTH!  Sold the tank at a loss and got as far away from that idea as I could!!!!!! lol

this is EXACTLY what I see happening in my near future  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Dang screwed up the quote.

Blah are you starting  a tank?

i might be, reluctantly.  We will see after she starts seeing all what is involved.

the old lady has high blood pressure/alot of stress and is thinks looking at the fishes will help.  

Hell if it keeps her busy and helps with the stress, i'll put one in every room in the house   Laughing

Blah - the tanks do help with stress. I have a friend who is a doctor, and she has a huge saltwater tank in her waiting room because it calms her patients.

I Stand With The Girl
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Several years ago I did some research on salt water aquariums, bought a tank, was looking at filtration systems, built a cabinet for the tank and then something in me said WTH!  Sold the tank at a loss and got as far away from that idea as I could!!!!!! lol

LOL I think that probably happens to a bunch of people. Then there are those that fall through the cracks like me. It all started when my daughter bought a puffer fish and a 3 gallon aquarium.  I really loved that puffer fish.The guy at the fish store said , "Ya know puffers are really brackish water fish".
I said, "Brackish water?" .....and i was on my way............

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
O/T

I don't know who this is but this sounds like yet another horror story!  Pro Wrestler Chris Benoit and wife and child found dead in their home.  Don't think cause given as yet.  Is on AJC news.

http://my.ajc.com/W5RH029B1C74608F0F47A31A9FA780

How horrible.  Wonder how they died?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »

Blah- I used to have a herd of these...

these are cowfish..

Klaas has my email and I'll help you out if I can.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 08:21:13 PM »

Thanks BT, Rob, everyone.

We will see how she feels about it after she starts reading up on it  Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2007, 08:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I'm going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  off topic here but I know theres a lot folks in here that have a wealth of knowledge with animals and pets and such.

I need a good resource to obtain as much information as I can about salt water fish, tanks, filters, pumps, stands, rocks, correls, whatever, etc

The whole kit and kaboodle.

Any one know much about this stuff?

I have a saltwater tank.

can you recommend any good books or websites for reference?

Blah

What llittle I know (based upon one son's attempts at Salt Water fish & TG he was living on his own)  It stake a lot of work & not cheap...
But like I said.. that was him telling me.. His story  Wink

Good Luck

Oh Hi. Monkeys...
Just peeking in... (Fighting a problem at work all week-end)  Sad  but TG for Remote Office connections  Laughing  Very Happy  Laughing
It sounds like Mishy's Dad is doing better(?)
Tell her to check the CCU or any waiting areas for Internet Connections  Exclamation  Exclamation

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
O/T

I don't know who this is but this sounds like yet another horror story!  Pro Wrestler Chris Benoit and wife and child found dead in their home.  Don't think cause given as yet.  Is on AJC news.

A lot of these wrestlers are on drugs.  Not that it's a big surprise.  Just like how the wrestler the British Bulldog died.

EDITED:  I didn't realize he family I thought it was just him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

Quote from: "San"
O/T

A lot of these wrestlers are on drugs.  Not that it's a big surprise.  Just like how the wrestler the British Bulldog died.

Right, but that wouldn't answer his family being found dead too.

Edited:   Laughing
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »

I'm going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  off topic here but I know theres a lot folks in here that have a wealth of knowledge with animals and pets and such.

I need a good resource to obtain as much information as I can about salt water fish, tanks, filters, pumps, stands, rocks, correls, whatever, etc

I know it takes $$$$$! And I know it is very tricky to raise salt-water fish because there are so many variables in the water temp, salinity, pH, etc. that can easily kill a VERY expensive specimen. Get LOTS of info before you take that plunge...  (I would LOVE to have one myself but I am scared of them)

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:46 PM »

O/T

Right, but that wouldn't answer his family being found dead too.

Right Klaas. I read it fast and didn't realize it was his whole family.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »

Blah
Mr Dr. office use to have a small tank...
had some live fish in it  & some fakes from "Finding Nemo"

About 2 months ago ... I noticed that it had been replaced with a small TV playing DVDS..  of different fish tanks  Shocked About 30min per tank.
Even had the sound of filter bubbling away & one trying to jump out of the tank  Laughing

Just a thought Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

Back to work

See Ya Gang...

SeeeeYaByeeeeeeeeeee

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »

O/T

EDITED:  I didn't realize he family I thought it was just him.

Hey!  Not fair!  I want an edit button too!  Wink  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 08:31:40 PM »

Quote from: "sb"

I know it takes $$$$$! And I know it is very tricky to raise salt-water fish because there are so many variables in the water temp, salinity, pH, etc. that can easily kill a VERY expensive specimen. Get LOTS of info before you take that plunge...  (I would LOVE to have one myself but I am scared of them)

I used to love the house my inlaws lived in. It sat on a hill that looked out over the Irish Sea. My late father-in-law had a glassed-in balcony built off the living room so that he could watch sunsets over the sea. Just inside the living room, near the balcony, was a gigantic salt water fish tank. A person could either watch the sea or watch the fish. It was sooooooo relaxing.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2007, 08:33:19 PM »

I am back.Any News from Aruba and Tim
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
I am back.Any News from Aruba and Tim

Howdy Tiger. Good wedding?

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »

Fresh water tanks are much easier to maintain... just a thought... I know they don't have quite the visual impact of a reef tank but it's all SOOO much easier. Just keeping a reef tank clean and preventing corrosion is a monumental task.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Blah
Mr Dr. office use to have a small tank...
had some live fish in it  & some fakes from "Finding Nemo"

About 2 months ago ... I noticed that it had been replaced with a small TV playing DVDS..  of different fish tanks  Shocked About 30min per tank.
Even had the sound of filter bubbling away & one trying to jump out of the tank  Laughing

Just a thought Wink

this is probably ALOT cheaper from what I'm see'ing  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.