April 23, 2024, 08:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #647 6/25 - 6/26/2007  (Read 164011 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
OT...just heard on Fox that Benoit killed his son with a choke hold....young son had needle marks and it is said he was small and dad wanted him to be bigger...perhaps conjecture, but sickening.

That is truly sickening.  What a nut.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: June 27, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Out of boredom I slipped over to FOB to see who they are bashing today and noticed this post made by MF about knowing Tim Miller.

He did have some black-sodas at Hooters, Choose-a-name, bahia, carlos and charlies and at the hotel bars with me though.

Is she a tour guide, concierge, barfly, or a personal assistant that works at night?  Razz

I think there was a post where someone asked MF her property was searched by Tim Miller. Laughing
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »

By the way I was speaking to my friend and she said the name of the restaurant in Aruba that charged that tax on her bill was Don Carlos.  She said tell people not to go there.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: June 27, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »

O/T - Liz Claiborne, whose styles became a cornerstone of career women's wardrobes in the 1970s and 1980s, has died, the company she founded said Wednesday. She was 78. (Associated Press)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: June 27, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Out of boredom I slipped over to FOB to see who they are bashing today and noticed this post made by MF about knowing Tim Miller.

He did have some black-sodas at Hooters, Choose-a-name, bahia, carlos and charlies and at the hotel bars with me though.

Is she a tour guide, concierge, barfly, or a personal assistant that works at night?  Razz

I think there was a post where someone asked MF her property was searched by Tim Miller. Laughing

If we could believe anything she said, then we might get the impression that she spends a lot of time going from one bar to the next!  No wonder she is so cranky during daylight hours. lol
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: June 27, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »

Here is what Carla Baron's show is going to be about tonight. This is Tim Miller's daughter - right?
"Women of Calder Field"

Premieres Wednesday, 6/27 at 10pm E/P

When 16-year-old Laura Miller vanishes in League City, TX, it isn't the
 first time terror had struck this neighborhood. A year earlier,
 23-year old Heidi Fye vanished from the exact same location. Fye's remains were discovered in a nearby field. With no leads and reaching a dead end, police in the Miller case return to the field, hoping for even a shred of information. But it would hold much more than that. Investigators unearth Laura Miller's body, plus two additional graves. Four dead bodies discovered in the same eerie field leaves police wondering if the killer is too clever to be caught? Watch as our team of paranormal
 investigators attempts to find new clues in this decades-old cold case. Can the unconventional team help bring a serial killer to justice? TV-PGV
  (NEW)

I Stand With The Girl
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: June 27, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »

By the way I was speaking to my friend and she said the name of the restaurant in Aruba that charged that tax on her bill was Don Carlos.  She said tell people not to go there.

do you know if it was noted on menu that there was extra gratuity fee charged

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: June 27, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »

Quote from: "Sue"

do you know if it was noted on menu that there was extra gratuity fee charged

I don't know.  She said she wouldn't even have noticed it but her hubby decided to look at the bill and that is when he questioned it.

She said none of the other restaurants charged her that tax.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #728 on: June 27, 2007, 04:16:28 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Here is what Carla Baron's show is going to be about tonight. This is Tim Miller's daughter - right?
"Women of Calder Field"

Premieres Wednesday, 6/27 at 10pm E/P

When 16-year-old Laura Miller vanishes in League City, TX, it isn't the
 first time terror had struck this neighborhood. A year earlier,
 23-year old Heidi Fye vanished from the exact same location. Fye's remains were discovered in a nearby field. With no leads and reaching a dead end, police in the Miller case return to the field, hoping for even a shred of information. But it would hold much more than that. Investigators unearth Laura Miller's body, plus two additional graves. Four dead bodies discovered in the same eerie field leaves police wondering if the killer is too clever to be caught? Watch as our team of paranormal
 investigators attempts to find new clues in this decades-old cold case. Can the unconventional team help bring a serial killer to justice? TV-PGV
  (NEW)

I don't think I can sit through another one of those. lol
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: June 27, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »

O/T - NYC SUBWAY SYSTEM SUFFERS MASSIVE POWER OUTAGE AS RUSH HOUR BEGINS

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com

In case anyone else here is from New York.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: June 27, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »

If we could believe anything she said, then we might get the impression that she spends a lot of time going from one bar to the next!  No wonder she is so cranky during daylight hours. lol

Laughing What was she drinking?  And how many?  And whom did she leave with?  Did she do any searching through Aruban trash -- in or out of the landfill?   Mad

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: June 27, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »

Power Outage Shuts Trains, Traffic Lights in NYC Neighborhood
Wednesday, June 27, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
NEW YORK —  A power outage in the city's Upper East Side neighborhood cut traffic lights and some train service this afternoon. The extent of the outage isn't clear.

Residents said traffic lights were out for 20 blocks on Lexington Avenue between the 60s and the 80s, while others said that the East Side subway lines weren't operating.

Con Edison couldn't say how many customers had lost power. The city was in the second day of temperatures well over 90 degrees.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: June 27, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Laughing What was she drinking?  And how many?  And whom did she leave with?  Did she do any searching through Aruban trash -- in or out of the landfill?   Mad

Isn't she the one always complaining about unpaid bar bills?  Maybe she had to pay her own bar tab and has been miffed ever since. lol
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: June 27, 2007, 04:39:21 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Power Outage Shuts Trains, Traffic Lights in NYC Neighborhood
Wednesday, June 27, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
NEW YORK —  A power outage in the city's Upper East Side neighborhood cut traffic lights and some train service this afternoon. The extent of the outage isn't clear.

Residents said traffic lights were out for 20 blocks on Lexington Avenue between the 60s and the 80s, while others said that the East Side subway lines weren't operating.

Con Edison couldn't say how many customers had lost power. The city was in the second day of temperatures well over 90 degrees.

If I was going home from work right now I would be livid.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

Hello monkeys.....OT story....
this is too sad...another child killed...this time because the two boys that she knew did not like her....she fought for her life and ended up in the desert...dead.

Two Arizona Teens Arrested After 17-Year-Old Girl's Body Found in Desert

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286981,00.html

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: June 27, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Hello monkeys.....OT story....
this is too sad...another child killed...this time because the two boys that she knew did not like her....she fought for her life and ended up in the desert...dead.

Two Arizona Teens Arrested After 17-Year-Old Girl's Body Found in Desert

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286981,00.html

Isn't this heartbreaking.  These kids are demented.  This little girl fought for her life.  I still don't understand how the parents left this little girl home alone.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: June 27, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »

O/T

Apparently, Dayhiker has been spotted in Michigan.

Shocked

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286879,00.html

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: June 27, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »

Howdy Monkeys. I am reading backward, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Some restaurants in Aruba charge between 10-15% for service. Most of this charge goes to the staff, but not all. Sometimes the restaurant applies some of it toward operating costs. If you go to a restaurant that charges this type of service charge (which is totally legal there-and clear on the bill) you usually leave the waitress/waiter a few doallars in addition. If this charge is not applied by the restaurant, then you would tip the usual 15-20%. I don't know why some restaurants use this and others don't.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: June 27, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
O/T

Apparently, Dayhiker has been spotted in Michigan.

Shocked

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286879,00.html

Damn, gotta move again! And my field peas won't be ready for picking for another week.

Good afternoon Anna and fellow Monks!

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: June 27, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

Howdy Monkeys. I am reading backward, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Some restaurants in Aruba charge between 10-15% for service. Most of this charge goes to the staff, but not all. Sometimes the restaurant applies some of it toward operating costs. If you go to a restaurant that charges this type of service charge (which is totally legal there-and clear on the bill) you usually leave the waitress/waiter a few doallars in addition. If this charge is not applied by the restaurant, then you would tip the usual 15-20%. I don't know why some restaurants use this and others don't.

There are a lot of horror tales at resorts all over concerning towel fees and all sorts of hidden add-ons that consumers aren't told about up front. Would rather rent a beach house and bring my own.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.