April 26, 2024, 05:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amir Jennings, 18mo Last Seen Thanksgiving weekend 2011, Columbia, SC PRESUMED DEAD  (Read 23311 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120905/WIRE/120909879
Defense set to begin in case of missing Columbia boy
September 5, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »

Missing black toddler case gets little attention
Originally published: September 9, 2012 7:35 PM

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Despite detectives' pleas to national media, the disappearance of an 18-month-old black child with a wide smile has yet to grab the widespread attention given to other missing children's cases. Some advocates say the reason may be as simple as the toddler's gender -- and his race.

Amir Jennings, who hasn't been reported seen since he was on surveillance video in November with his mother in South Carolina, nearly a year ago, has registered as scarcely a blip on the nation's consciousness.

"Media has always leaned toward the cute little kids," said Monica Caison of the Wilmington, N.C.-based CUE Center for Missing Persons. "And unfortunately, a lot of times they think cute little kids are white."

Amir's mother, Zinah Jennings, was convicted Friday on a charge related to his disappearance and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

::snipping2::

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/missing-black-toddler-case-gets-little-attention-1.3986440
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »

S.C. mom gets 10 years for missing son
Published: Sept. 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

COLUMBIA, S.C., Sept. 9 (UPI) -- A judge sentenced a South Carolina woman to 10 years in prison for her role in the disappearance of her 18-month-old child in December.

A jury found Zinah Jennings guilty of unlawful conduct toward a child Friday, The (Columbia) State reported.

Jennings has refused to reveal the location of her son, Amir Jennings, who would now be 2 years old. She has only said he is in a safe place.

::snipping2::

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/09/09/SC-mom-gets-10-years-for-missing-son/UPI-63201347200170/
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »

10 yrs for a child's life.  And the mother, no less.  What has this world come to?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »

10 yrs for a child's life.  And the mother, no less.  What has this world come to?

It's more than sad.  And I wonder how many years of the ten she'll spend behind bars?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2018, 08:12:03 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article112769883.html

Mother of missing toddler released from prison after 4 years of 10-year sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated November 05, 2016 02:50 PM

COLUMBIA, SC

The mother of a Columbia child who went missing in 2011, and whose body has never been found, was recently released from prison after serving about four years of a 10-year sentence.

Zinah Jennings, 27, was convicted of unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person in 2012 in connection with the disappearance of her toddler son, Amir.

On Sept. 30, Jennings was released to the supervised re-entry program, according to the S.C. Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services. Jennings will remain under supervision until March 30, 2017.

During his mother’s 2012 trial concerning his disappearance, witnesses said they saw Zinah Jennings kick Amir, squeeze him until he cried, leave him unrestrained in a car seat and allow him to wander unsupervised out of a bank’s door. Other testimony indicated that Zinah Jennings had history of drug abuse and excessive drinking.

Jennings and her son first were reported missing in early December 2011 by her mother. On Christmas Eve, Jennings was found when she was involved in a single-car accident in downtown Columbia, but Amir was not with her.

Jennings told law enforcement various stories about the boy being with relatives and friends in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. None checked out.

Prosecutors believed Amir was dead but were unable to produce his body or any evidence that he was no longer living. Amir’s blood was found on a baby blanket in the trunk of Jennings’ car.

Jennings gave birth to a second child, a daughter, in the middle of her 2012 trial.

Jennings was denied parole in May 2014.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article112769883.html#storylink=cpy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:55:53 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2018, 08:13:22 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.