April 27, 2024, 01:05:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 556777 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2012, 02:41:38 AM »

I always felt that Cindy Anthony should have told Casey that she had to admit what she had done and pay the consequences for her actions.  And that Cindy would support her in that.  I can never be sure, but I think that's what I would have done in similar circumstances. 

Alexander Aston could have wiped out an entire family that night.  He obviously was impaired in that video.  He was lucky he didn't  but it could so easily have gone the other way.  Many of us said that the Anthony jury wouldn't have convicted her if they had a video of the crime.  Well, the jury will have this video and it is foolish to think they will not understand what they are seeing.

If Jeff Ashton were asking for advice, which obviously he isn't since he has become overly impressed with himself, IMO the best advice would be that he should tell his son to face up to what he had done and suffer the consequences.  And that he would support Alexander ien that.

If Jeff Ashton did that, he might be preventing the death of his son and/or innocent people in the future.  Alexander needs that lesson, harsh though it seems. It would not indicate a lack of love for Alexander, but quite the reverse, preventing a horrible experience in the future.  Perhaps saving Alexander's life.

I have never been to Jeff Ashton's Facebook page and don't intend to so I don't have to "server" anything.  After seeing several of his interviews, I no longer am his fan. And this just confirms that it was a good choice.

Northern Rose, I remember when your son was hit by a drunk driver and it was touch and go for a while and then the question of whether he would be able to walk. I never say much of a personal nature, but I was praying for him.  Thank God he is coming along, but whoever hit him could just as well have been Alexander Ashton.  This lesson hits very close to home for you.

while i dont necessarily agree with jeff being the attorney for his own son, i still believe that he fought the good fight for caylee & truly wanted nothing more in that circus of a trial than justice for a murdered baby who was thrown away like garbage by her entire family.  I still respect him immensely for trying so hard for caylee. There is a difference between covering for, enabling or straight out lying for your child & wanting to help them while they learn from a mistake. I havent watched him discuss his sons case but i will reserve judgement until i know he is condoning his behavior. I am a grown christian woman but i have made mistakes in my past that i am truly sorry for including being a stupid kid that drank at a party & drove myself home. Hindsight is 20/20 & immaturity can sometimes make you do stupid things. If he had caused harm to someone else he would have lived the rest of his life with that. Lets be thankful that that didnt happen, hope he receives a proper punishment & learns from his mistake. Jmo, but i cant turn on a man who we all just 6 months ago thought was caylees hero.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/30471668/detail.html

Ashton To Represent Son In DUI Case Today

Court records show that Jeff Ashton successfully challenged the Breathalyzer results, saying the software used in the test is unreliable.

Breathalyzer be damned, the man can't stand upright.  He had no business driving and Jeff has no business defending his son's behavior and then condemning ANY other parent. 

When I was made aware of this incident, I agreed to represent my son in this case because he is my son, I love him and I believe in his right to have his day in court like any other citizen, as would any parent.

Lawyer-speak.  Such a shame.  I really thought that Jeff Ashton was a different kind of lawyer.  The way he brushed off losing the case, the new job with a defense firm, and now this, tell me that I was wrong to think so highly of him.  If he truly cared about his son, he wouldn't be trying to get him less of a punishment but would be more focused on teaching him to be a man of integrity.  One dui arrest is not going to result in Alexander Ashton being sentenced to years in prison.  Unless this isn't AA's first dui????

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-jeff-ashton-son-dui-trial-20120216,0,7453937.story
Jeff Ashton back in court today in son's drunken driving case

He failed a series of field sobriety tests, the deputy wrote on his arrest report, so he handcuffed Alexander Ashton, took him to the Seminole County Jail and had him take a breath-alcohol test. He failed that, too, according to his arrest report, with a measurement of 0.174.

Jurors, however, won't hear about that. Jeff Ashton filed a motion to have those results excluded, saying the machine that produced them was unreliable, and prosecutors agreed on Monday not to use them.

If Lawton Lamar is smart, he'll use this against JA in the election. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »

I always felt that Cindy Anthony should have told Casey that she had to admit what she had done and pay the consequences for her actions.  And that Cindy would support her in that.  I can never be sure, but I think that's what I would have done in similar circumstances. 

Alexander Aston could have wiped out an entire family that night.  He obviously was impaired in that video.  He was lucky he didn't  but it could so easily have gone the other way.  Many of us said that the Anthony jury wouldn't have convicted her if they had a video of the crime.  Well, the jury will have this video and it is foolish to think they will not understand what they are seeing.

If Jeff Ashton were asking for advice, which obviously he isn't since he has become overly impressed with himself, IMO the best advice would be that he should tell his son to face up to what he had done and suffer the consequences.  And that he would support Alexander ien that.

If Jeff Ashton did that, he might be preventing the death of his son and/or innocent people in the future.  Alexander needs that lesson, harsh though it seems. It would not indicate a lack of love for Alexander, but quite the reverse, preventing a horrible experience in the future.  Perhaps saving Alexander's life.

I have never been to Jeff Ashton's Facebook page and don't intend to so I don't have to "server" anything.  After seeing several of his interviews, I no longer am his fan. And this just confirms that it was a good choice.

Northern Rose, I remember when your son was hit by a drunk driver and it was touch and go for a while and then the question of whether he would be able to walk. I never say much of a personal nature, but I was praying for him.  Thank God he is coming along, but whoever hit him could just as well have been Alexander Ashton.  This lesson hits very close to home for you.

while i dont necessarily agree with jeff being the attorney for his own son, i still believe that he fought the good fight for caylee & truly wanted nothing more in that circus of a trial than justice for a murdered baby who was thrown away like garbage by her entire family.  I still respect him immensely for trying so hard for caylee. There is a difference between covering for, enabling or straight out lying for your child & wanting to help them while they learn from a mistake. I havent watched him discuss his sons case but i will reserve judgement until i know he is condoning his behavior. I am a grown christian woman but i have made mistakes in my past that i am truly sorry for including being a stupid kid that drank at a party & drove myself home. Hindsight is 20/20 & immaturity can sometimes make you do stupid things. If he had caused harm to someone else he would have lived the rest of his life with that. Lets be thankful that that didnt happen, hope he receives a proper punishment & learns from his mistake. Jmo, but i cant turn on a man who we all just 6 months ago thought was caylees hero.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/unembarrassed-casey-anthony-prosecutor-to-defend-son-in-2175016.html
Unembarrassed Casey Anthony prosecutor to defend son in Seminole County DUI
When asked if he was embarrassed by the incident, Jeff Ashton said, "No, not at all. I wouldn't be talking to you about this if I was. I would not be representing him in that courtroom, representing him right now."

Deputy: "Do you really think you should be driving right now?"

Alexander Ashton: "I don't think I'm um a danger...maybe."

Deputy: "Sixty-eight miles an hour, isn't a danger?"

"He is accused of driving under the influence of alcohol," Jeff Ashton said. "To the fact his faculties were impaired, he pled not guilty. We believe he is not guilty and we will argue it's not guilty to the jury and ultimately the jury will decide or not."

He faces up to two months in jail and a fine. The trial is set for Thursday.

He's watched the video and he's not embarrassed and doesn't think his son was impaired driving 68 in a 45? 

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »

Court records show that Jeff Ashton successfully challenged the Breathalyzer results, saying the software used in the test is unreliable.

Breathalyzer be damned, the man can't stand upright.  He had no business driving and Jeff has no business defending his son's behavior and then condemning ANY other parent. 

When I was made aware of this incident, I agreed to represent my son in this case because he is my son, I love him and I believe in his right to have his day in court like any other citizen, as would any parent.

Lawyer-speak.  Such a shame.  I really thought that Jeff Ashton was a different kind of lawyer.  The way he brushed off losing the case, the new job with a defense firm, and now this, tell me that I was wrong to think so highly of him.  If he truly cared about his son, he wouldn't be trying to get him less of a punishment but would be more focused on teaching him to be a man of integrity.  One dui arrest is not going to result in Alexander Ashton being sentenced to years in prison.  Unless this isn't AA's first dui????
im sorry but the implication that jeff is ANYTHING like cindy anthony is just too much. Would u have more respect for jeff if he wasnt representing his son? Or would he need to prosecute him personally to prove that he doesnt condone or excuse what he did? What makes u question whether or not this is his son's first dui? Wow we are quick to persecute people for making mistakes. How do u know that he is not truly sorry & he hasnt learned from his mistake? How do u know he isnt seeking some treatment for a problem with alcohol since this episode? How do u know whether or not he is someone who drinks on a rare occasion & used bad judgement? There are people flying down our highways every day doing 80 miles an hour that havent had a drop to drink. People make poor choices everyday & hopefully learn from them without harming others. I have made poor choices in my life & try not to sit in judgement of others without knowing more. Bash away, but some are so quick to jump ship. Everyone was so excited & waitrd eagerly for ja's book & now want to criticize & imply that he was out to line his pockets. The man worked in a low paying position in comparison to what he couldve made to fight for justice for most of his career. Now all of a sudden we think hes a money oriented scumbag attorney?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-logistics-20120216,0,7696301.story
Casey Anthony: Hearing will focus on civil-trial logistics
Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony for defamation

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

7:46 a.m. EST, February 16, 2012
A hearing is set for this morning to discuss trial logistics in the civil trial involving Casey Anthony and Zenaida Gonzalez.

The civil defamation case involving Anthony is set to go to trial in April.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »

Jeff Ashton's son found guilty of DUI

ORLANDO -- A Seminole County jury has found Alexander Ashton guilty of driving drunk.

<snipped>

Judge Herr revoked Alexander’s license for six months and gave him a year of probation. He will also have to pay court costs and take court-ordered classes.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2012/february/383126?cmpid=breaking

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »

ORLANDO -- A Seminole County jury has found Alexander Ashton guilty of driving drunk.

<snipped>

Judge Herr revoked Alexander’s license for six months and gave him a year of probation. He will also have to pay court costs and take court-ordered classes.

As it should be.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »

im sorry but the implication that jeff is ANYTHING like cindy anthony is just too much. Would u have more respect for jeff if he wasnt representing his son? Or would he need to prosecute him personally to prove that he doesnt condone or excuse what he did? What makes u question whether or not this is his son's first dui? Wow we are quick to persecute people for making mistakes. How do u know that he is not truly sorry & he hasnt learned from his mistake? How do u know he isnt seeking some treatment for a problem with alcohol since this episode? How do u know whether or not he is someone who drinks on a rare occasion & used bad judgement? There are people flying down our highways every day doing 80 miles an hour that havent had a drop to drink. People make poor choices everyday & hopefully learn from them without harming others. I have made poor choices in my life & try not to sit in judgement of others without knowing more. Bash away, but some are so quick to jump ship. Everyone was so excited & waitrd eagerly for ja's book & now want to criticize & imply that he was out to line his pockets. The man worked in a low paying position in comparison to what he couldve made to fight for justice for most of his career. Now all of a sudden we think hes a money oriented scumbag attorney?
No bashing here.  You are as entitled to your opinion as I.  Although, I haven't mentioned anything about his writing a book.  I've certainly NEVER said he was lining his pockets.  He can write whatever he wants.  I could care less about that.  What bothers me is that he has been an advocate for victims (he started out prosecuting DUI cases).  He knows what happens when people drink and drive.  As for AA being 'sorry', if he were truly repentant, he would face the charges like a man and take the appropriate punishment.  Trying to get out of the two month jail sentence tells me he is more sorry he was caught than the drinking and driving.  And you are correct, I don't know that he makes a habit of drinking and driving or if this were his first time doing such.  It really doesn't matter.  He broke the law and deserves the same punishment as any other person.  Deputies don't give warnings for DUI's for a reason.  Ask someone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver how they feel about this.  It only takes one time driving drunk to end someone's life. 

And, JA's denial of being embarrassed by his son's actions and his attitude that LE hasn't proved his son guilty strike me as very much the attitude that Cindy Anthony has had about KC. 

That is my opinion.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »

No bashing here.  You are as entitled to your opinion as I.  Although, I haven't mentioned anything about his writing a book.  I've certainly NEVER said he was lining his pockets.  He can write whatever he wants.  I could care less about that.  What bothers me is that he has been an advocate for victims (he started out prosecuting DUI cases).  He knows what happens when people drink and drive.  As for AA being 'sorry', if he were truly repentant, he would face the charges like a man and take the appropriate punishment.  Trying to get out of the two month jail sentence tells me he is more sorry he was caught than the drinking and driving.  And you are correct, I don't know that he makes a habit of drinking and driving or if this were his first time doing such.  It really doesn't matter.  He broke the law and deserves the same punishment as any other person.  Deputies don't give warnings for DUI's for a reason.  Ask someone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver how they feel about this.  It only takes one time driving drunk to end someone's life. 

And, JA's denial of being embarrassed by his son's actions and his attitude that LE hasn't proved his son guilty strike me as very much the attitude that Cindy Anthony has had about KC. 

That is my opinion.

cindy anthony lied about an obvious murder & showed no love, respect or loyalty to caylee. I have been close to those who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers & i am in NO way excusing. I just think people are being a little hard on jeff. I still respect the way he fought for caylee. Not trying to be argumentative.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2012, 11:23:44 PM »

I would do the same for my kid.... I hope the kid learned his lesson! If in the future there is a second DUI i believe that jeff will not help him...
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2012, 05:45:32 AM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/casey-anthony-civil-trial-on-track-for-april-2180112.html
Casey Anthony civil trial on track for April start date
Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Casey Anthony for defamation
By Anthony Colarossi
Orlando Sentinel
Posted: 12:43 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012

The civil defamation case against Casey Anthony appears to be headed toward trial in April.

Attorneys for Anthony and Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman suing her for defamation, met with Circuit Judge Lisa T. Munyon this morning and signaled the go-ahead for jury selection in April -- followed by six days of witness testimony.

The civil case would begin less than a year after Anthony's murder trial ended with her acquittal on the most serious criminal counts in July. It surrounds the question of whether Gonzalez was defamed because her name was similar to the individual Anthony identified in 2008 as abducting her daughter.

This morning's hearing was meant to discuss trial logistics in the civil trial.

Munyon said if either side wants a continuance for the trial, they must file and have a hearing before the end of the month. But both sides indicated they're prepared for trial about two months from now.

"We're ready to go," Gonzalez attorney Keith Mitnik told Munyon.

Mitnik also said he wants to subpoena Anthony for the trial and needs her address to do that.

Anthony's attorney Charles Greene said he needs time to respond to the request. Anthony is not now required to appear at the civil trial as she was during her criminal trial.

Although Anthony is not expected to testify about much at the trial because she is appealing her criminal convictions for lying to law enforcement and has invoked her right against self-incrimination, Mitnik said he still wants her in court.

"I don't want just an empty chair there," he said. "I want a human being there that did this to another human being."

As for calling her to the stand and questioning her, he said, "Whether she answers or not is up to her, but I'm planning to put her on the stand if permitted."

Asked if this might be viewed as beating up on Anthony, Mitnik said, "My intent is to seek justice, not to beat up on her. I'm so tired of hearing about poor, poor Casey Anthony."

While the civil trial seems ready to go in April, several other major issues could change things between now and then. The Gonzalez team yesterday filed a motion asking Munyon for partial summary judgment.

Meanwhile, Greene today said he also expects to file a request for summary judgment on his client's behalf.

After today's hearing, Greene said, "Casey has never accused Zenaida Gonzalez of anything. The person identified by Casey Anthony in her statements was Zenaida Fernandez, not Zenaida Gonzalez."

"You will find that neither the police nor anyone else ever believed that this plaintiff is the person that was identified by Casey Anthony," Greene continued. "The police charged her [Anthony] the same day with making a false statement about a fictitious nanny. No one has ever called the plaintiff the nanny, except for the plaintiff."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/239158/19/Casey-Anthony-civil-trial-on-track-for-April-start-date
Casey Anthony civil trial on track for April start date
6:00 AM, Feb 17, 2012   |

ORLANDO, Fla. (WKMG) - Judge Lisa Munyon on Thursday set a tentative trial period date of April 9 for the civil lawsuit filed by Zenaida Gonzalez against Casey Anthony.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony, 25, for defamation, claiming her life was ruined after Anthony linked her to Caylee Anthony's disappearance in 2008.

The exact start date of the trial is uncertain, but Munyon said she hopes to begin around the week of April 9. She said she plans to start jury selection on a Tuesday or Wednesday, possibly the prior week, with the six-day trial beginning on a Monday.

~ Peter Frampton
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

I would do the same for my kid.... I hope the kid learned his lesson! If in the future there is a second DUI i believe that jeff will not help him...

i agree completely 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »

While I appreciate all JA did in the quest for justice for Caylee ... I believe his son should face the consequences for his actions. If he is guilty, he should admit it and accept the consequences. Just like Casey should have faced the consequences all those times over the years leading up to her murdering Caylee. Maybe, just maybe, it would have saved a life if Casey would have been held accountable long ago.

I remember you, Caylee.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »

<snipped>

Whether or not one is personally offended by Jeff's recent actions , imo, this was a gross error on his part.

His son was a first offender, and this should have pled down ( again, not making a judgement on that issue, just saying as a practical legal matter).  The breathalizer was faulty for some reason and all they had was the video- in front of a jury the only real decision on their part then became whether he APPEARED impaired or not, and he clearly was.

Instead,  he likely angered a jury by attacking the arresting officer,  ( moments of intensity, lol, we have all seen them) by accusing him of having more DUI arrests than any other officer in Seminole county?  The deputy works the graveyard weekend shift- of course he does, and Jeff knows that better than anyone.

I am dumbfounded at the ego displayed here.  He is running for district attorney, accuses Lamar's office of poor prosecutions and poor decisions in determining prosecutable cases and defends his own son in an unnecessary jury trial for a first time DUI.

I understand helping your child, I do.  I would as well, by first attempting to see what plea options were available, and then if necessary hiring an appropriate criminal attorney they would pay for themselves.  Jeff had a great deal of favor since the Anthony trial, I truly believe he would have gotten more consideration for his son's plight than anyone.

So the aftermath of the Cword continues.  Ashton has absolutely ruined any bid for office and his kid got the book thrown at him for a first time DUI with a suppressed breathalizer result that was double the legal limit both readings.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »

Everyone may have differing opinions about Mr. Ashton defending his son.  To criticize his doing so is not unfair, IMO.  It is difficult for me to understand  anyone seeing the video of Alexander Ashton attempting to walk a straight line and believing he might be sober.  But we all have different perceptions.  Mr. Ashton has never been my hero nor have I said he is.  On the day of the not guilty verdict, I sent flowers to Linda with a note that I believed she did a good job.  I did not send any message to Jeff Ashton.  I did pre-order his book and I believe he had every right to write it and I hope it was successful. I have yet to read it and I doubt I will.  In fact, it is headed for the trash.

I was somewhat neutral about Mr. Ashton until his publicity tour, a tour which all authors take to talk about their books. Nothing wrong with that, but I saw a man increasing impressed with himself.  Others might have seen something different.  But the deciding factor for me was when he was accused of having revealed psychological information about Casey Anthony which was under seal.  It was explained, at least to my satisfaction and apparently the judge was satisfied; At least nothing further came of it to my knowledge.  But when Ashton said, "It was above reproach, as is everything I do," or something to that effect.  No one, not even Jeff Ashton, is always above reproach, no matter what his opinion of himself might be. 

I don't recall who posted that Alexander Ashton, had he killed someone by his drunk driving, would live with it the rest of his life.  I don't have time to find it now, but will if anyone objects to my referencing it without atttribution.  IMO, If Alexander Ashton had killed someone, and from what I saw of his condition in the video he might well have done so, and if he would live with the knowledge of it, consider that the victim would not be living at all.  That, to me is the most serious consequence, not Alexander Ashton's regrets.  And the victim's family would certainly have to live the rest of their lives with the knowledge that a drunk driver killed their loved one. Needlessly.  Carelessly.  Thoughtlessly.  IMO, the others travelling on that road the night Alexander Ashton was stopped and arrested for dui were lucky indeed.

And, IMO, with that single needless, careless and thoughtless act, Alexander Ashton destroyed his father's hopes for election.  And Jeff Ashton, by defending Alexander Ashton's actions, revealed something more about his character which I don't consider becoming.  Perhaps others do. 

After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »

Pretty sure this is Jeffs daughter. Busy day yesterday.
http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592011MM012372A
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/MattMorganESQ
Matt Morgan @MattMorganESQ
Just filed a motion requiring Defense Counsel to Provide Plaintiff's Counsel with #Caseyanthony 's Address or Accept Service of Process.

~ Peter Frampton
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »

Everyone may have differing opinions about Mr. Ashton defending his son.  To criticize his doing so is not unfair, IMO.  It is difficult for me to understand  anyone seeing the video of Alexander Ashton attempting to walk a straight line and believing he might be sober.  But we all have different perceptions.  Mr. Ashton has never been my hero nor have I said he is.  On the day of the not guilty verdict, I sent flowers to Linda with a note that I believed she did a good job.  I did not send any message to Jeff Ashton.  I did pre-order his book and I believe he had every right to write it and I hope it was successful. I have yet to read it and I doubt I will.  In fact, it is headed for the trash.

I was somewhat neutral about Mr. Ashton until his publicity tour, a tour which all authors take to talk about their books. Nothing wrong with that, but I saw a man increasing impressed with himself.  Others might have seen something different.  But the deciding factor for me was when he was accused of having revealed psychological information about Casey Anthony which was under seal.  It was explained, at least to my satisfaction and apparently the judge was satisfied; At least nothing further came of it to my knowledge.  But when Ashton said, "It was above reproach, as is everything I do," or something to that effect.  No one, not even Jeff Ashton, is always above reproach, no matter what his opinion of himself might be. 

I don't recall who posted that Alexander Ashton, had he killed someone by his drunk driving, would live with it the rest of his life.  I don't have time to find it now, but will if anyone objects to my referencing it without atttribution.  IMO, If Alexander Ashton had killed someone, and from what I saw of his condition in the video he might well have done so, and if he would live with the knowledge of it, consider that the victim would not be living at all.  That, to me is the most serious consequence, not Alexander Ashton's regrets.  And the victim's family would certainly have to live the rest of their lives with the knowledge that a drunk driver killed their loved one. Needlessly.  Carelessly.  Thoughtlessly.  IMO, the others travelling on that road the night Alexander Ashton was stopped and arrested for dui were lucky indeed.

And, IMO, with that single needless, careless and thoughtless act, Alexander Ashton destroyed his father's hopes for election.  And Jeff Ashton, by defending Alexander Ashton's actions, revealed something more about his character which I don't consider becoming.  Perhaps others do. 

After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yep they sure are & thank goodness my only true judge will be after my time here is over.  Id sure be sunk if i had to be forgiven for my mistakes by you. That was my post u referenced & it wasnt hard to find.
 i also never said that alexander ashton was innocent. Hopefully he learned his lesson & if so deserves a 2nd chance. I truly respect most monkeys that post here but there are some who are ALWAYS abrasive & bitter. No differing opinions allowed.I will pray for u. My apologies to those i think sound like great caring people. Those who r here to pray for victims & innocent children. I will continue to read but wont post again. I hope you find some happiness in your life babybear. U need to not live your life so bitterly & oppositional.i will always believe people deserve to redeem themselves. I would even feel that way about casey anthony if she had admitted to her wrongdoing & felt remorse. God forgives those who ask for forgiveness.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.