March 28, 2024, 10:09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 554184 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »

lawyers should not defend their own family members as doctors should not do surgery on their family members...he would probably be better off to let his son hire his own attorney...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »

Just found this...

How is this defensible?   

Thank you, God, for protecting those he passed on the road. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

lawyers should not defend their own family members as doctors should not do surgery on their family members...he would probably be better off to let his son hire his own attorney...

Agreed cookie, but my great disappointment and disagreement with Jeff does not lie with the fact it's his family member, but in the fact that he's defending an obviously drunk driver, son or not. I expected his respect for the law would prevail. He should have told his son, you did it, you pay the price, tough love type thing. I'm so disappointed and keep trying to find an excuse for Jeff to make such a stupid decision in defending this action, which will no doubt affect his own future ambitions. It would be different if his son was not so obviously guilty.
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »

Further to above, has Mr. Ashton's belief in our judicial system been so desecrated after losing Caylee's case that he believes "imperfect justice" will be beneficial and prevail again to his side in his son's case? And if so, does he really deserve the most prestigious position he is campaigning for?
  If the answer to the first question is yes, then the answer to the second question must be no. I love what Jeff tried to do for Caylee, but unfortunately I think this latest decision has sealed his future endeavors. I'm afraid the evil of CA is far reaching and still affecting us all.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »

From The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page:

I know many of you have commented on the report about my representation of my son. I think it is sad that his relationship to me has caused what would normal be an everyday case, as embarrassing as that is to him personally, to become fodder for the media hounds . I am proud to be representing him no matter the outcome. Anyone who cannot respect my decision is entitled to their opinion and is welcome to server their connection with this page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Jeffrey-Ashton-Page/167094923356300

He doesn't get it.

Nope, never did.  He is running for office and does not understand fodder for media hounds.

He has an agent for Pete's sake, who the hell is he kidding?

The irony is rich indeed.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2012, 01:54:29 PM »

It's a conflict, period.

Know many surgeons operating on family members?  There is a reason for professional distance.

To be honest, I would be more inclined to think his criticism of the DA's office, and his new notoriety might make him a terrible choice for his own son.

What DA is going to want to make a deal vs. setting an example when given this sizable opportunity to do so?

Moreover,  I notice this was hushed until after the book drop.

This irks me to no end.  I knew Jeff was volatile, and in a way many did not speak of publicly,  but I felt he had integrity.

Sigh.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »

It's a conflict, period.

Know many surgeons operating on family members?  There is a reason for professional distance.

To be honest, I would be more inclined to think his criticism of the DA's office, and his new notoriety might make him a terrible choice for his own son.

What DA is going to want to make a deal vs. setting an example when given this sizable opportunity to do so?

Moreover,  I notice this was hushed until after the book drop.

This irks me to no end.  I knew Jeff was volatile, and in a way many did not speak of publicly,  but I felt he had integrity.

Sigh.
Double sigh...... been shaking my head since your experiment post.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »

Just found this...

How is this defensible?   

As a mother who's son was mowed down by a drunk driver last fall and is watching his slow recovery of a broken back as well as other injuries I feel it is disgusting. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »

Just found this...

How is this defensible?   

As a mother who's son was mowed down by a drunk driver last fall and is watching his slow recovery of a broken back as well as other injuries I feel it is disgusting. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »

Just found this...

How is this defensible?   

Northern Rose, I had no idea, my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery for your son.  I remember you being missing in action for a while, but I never knew why.

My Blink Jr.'s middle name is that of a family member who was killed by a drunk driver at age 19.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »

I always felt that Cindy Anthony should have told Casey that she had to admit what she had done and pay the consequences for her actions.  And that Cindy would support her in that.  I can never be sure, but I think that's what I would have done in similar circumstances. 

Alexander Aston could have wiped out an entire family that night.  He obviously was impaired in that video.  He was lucky he didn't  but it could so easily have gone the other way.  Many of us said that the Anthony jury wouldn't have convicted her if they had a video of the crime.  Well, the jury will have this video and it is foolish to think they will not understand what they are seeing.

If Jeff Ashton were asking for advice, which obviously he isn't since he has become overly impressed with himself, IMO the best advice would be that he should tell his son to face up to what he had done and suffer the consequences.  And that he would support Alexander in that.

If Jeff Ashton did that, he might be preventing the death of his son and/or innocent people in the future.  Alexander needs that lesson, harsh though it seems. It would not indicate a lack of love for Alexander, but quite the reverse, preventing a horrible experience in the future.  Perhaps saving Alexander's life.

I have never been to Jeff Ashton's Facebook page and don't intend to so I don't have to "server" anything.  After seeing several of his interviews, I no longer am his fan. And this just confirms that it was a good choice.

Northern Rose, I remember when your son was hit by a drunk driver and it was touch and go for a while and then the question of whether he would be able to walk. I never say much of a personal nature, but I was praying for him.  Thank God he is coming along, but whoever hit him could just as well have been Alexander Ashton.  This lesson hits very close to home for you.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

http://www.gpb.org/news/2012/02/15/georgia-lawmakers-introduce-caylees-law
Wed., February 15, 2012 3:11pm (EST)
Georgia Lawmakers Introduce Caylee's Law
By Sasha Horne
Updated: 4 minutes ago

::snipping2::
Reporting a child's disappearance in a timely manner is the goal of what authors are calling "Caylee's Law".

The measure introduced in the House Wednesday would require parents and legal guardians to report a child missing within 18 hours. In cases of accidental death, the reporting window would be 12 hours.

Republican Representative BJ Pak of Lilburn introduced the measure after what he calls an outcry from constituents last year when a jury found Casey Anthony “not-guilty" in her daughter’s death.

“If they refuse to cooperate in locating the child or the body if they fail to report within 18 hours the whereabouts of the child the prosecutors would have an additional tool if the evidence is insufficient to charge them with murder to hold them accountable under this statute,” said Pak.

14 other states including Alabama and Tennessee have introduced similar legislation. Violators could face up to ten years in prison.

~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »

I know many of you have commented on the report about my representation of my son. I think it is sad that his relationship to me has caused what would normal be an everyday case, as embarrassing as that is to him personally, to become fodder for the media hounds . I am proud to be representing him no matter the outcome. Anyone who cannot respect my decision is entitled to their opinion and is welcome to server their connection with this page

He doesn't get it.

Nope, never did.  He is running for office and does not understand fodder for media hounds.

He has an agent for Pete's sake, who the hell is he kidding?

The irony is rich indeed.

Kind of like Jose Baez.  He used the media for his own purposes but that was then, this is now.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

This is what disappoints me most...
http://www.electjeffashton.com/page.asp?PageId=8

About Jeff
Jeff began work as a prosecutor with the State Attorney's Office in Orlando after graduation and was assigned to the Traffic Division. It was during that time, prosecuting drunk driving cases, that he had his first taste of scientific evidence handling hearings on the admissibility of breathalyzer machines.

He started out prosecuting DUI cases.  Cases where someone made a stupid decision and many times, someone else was hurt or killed.  He knows the faces of the those impacted by someone's self-centered decision to drive home after drinking.  He's seen the tears and pain.  And he still chooses to defend his obviously impaired son so that he can argue the science.   

Were I the prosecutor in this case, I'd research some of his former DUI cases and use them against him. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/02/casey-anthony-judge-o-h-eatons-ruling-reflects-his-analysis.html
Casey Anthony: Judge O.H. Eaton’s ruling reflects his analysis
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on February, 15 2012 4:27 PM

Unflappable Judge O.H. Eaton Jr., who provided analysis during the Casey Anthony trial for WESH-Channel 2, was back in the news in a big way today.

What he did today reflected what he had been saying during the Anthony trial.

Judge Eaton granted an acquittal in the murder trial of teacher Delores Laster. She had been accused of fatally shooting her husband, Clarence, in 1988.

“You charge somebody with first-degree murder, you’ve got to prove it,” Eaton said.

It was a comment to make viewers think back to what Eaton said during the Anthony coverage. In July, during the trial, Eaton reiterated a defense point that the state didn’t answer how Caylee died, when she died, where she died or who was with her. “[Prosecutor] Jeff Ashton didn’t answer those questions,” Eaton said then. There was no hard evidence of the defense theory that the toddler was chloroformed and suffocated, Eaton added. Anthony was later acquitted of Caylee’s murder.
 ::snipping2::

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2012, 05:09:37 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/jackiefell
JACQUELINE @jackiefell
From Zenaida Gonzalez' attorneys RT @MattMorganESQ: Just filed our motion for partial summary judgment in our case against #caseyanthony .

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1450829
Case No. 2008-CA-024573-O
FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA vs. ANTHONY, CASEY
02/15/2012           Motion for Summary Judgment
(PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT)
02/15/2012           Notice of Hearing
NOTICE OF HEARING

~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »

I have not said much on the Ashton defense case because I have mixed feelings. I understand that as a parent he wants to protect his son. I understand that his son was obviously intoxicated at the time of the stop. I also know that our justice system allows a defense for anyone. I think his son deserves an attorney even if his is guilty. The part the defense plays is that of making sure that the punishment is fair and equitable. I have not heard any reports that Jeff is going to try to get him out of the penalty. I do not think Jeff should be representing his son.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »

He doesn't get it.

Nope, he doesn't.

MonkeyFlower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »

Read, rarely post, much appreciation for all your efforts

I pray that regardless of what Jeff A. does in court, that his son does get a chance to go through treatment. I am one of those providers who have treated hundreds of the DUII people. The purposed is to save lives by providing education and assessing for more severe problems (like all our famous people who are dying, hello...) So many people (who may have started out grumpy) are so grateful when they finish. There are WAY too many repeat DUIIs and people need to wake up and they can, but enabling them and preventing them from learning is very cruel. Addiction is a deadly disease and around 17,000 people are killed every year in USA because of impaired driving, way more than 9-11. (drunk is not really the correct term these days) And how many are injured? A LOT more.
If you are over the limit, you are guilty. Period, no ifs ands or buts. So many people waste so much money on lawyers, which they later refret. They can do little, except sometimes negotiate better deals for the license and provide support. However, it is a good living for them. And the fines (low in FL!) and jail time, etc. make an impression, and they need to to combat the alcohol/addiction culture which ravages USA.
.17 is very high
btw, since many people don't know, you can be convicted for any blood alcohol content if you have made driving mistakes AND at least in my State now (and it will go nationwide soon) there are MANY DUIIs for other drugs and combos of drugs, most notably prescription drugs.
Don't drink and drive means really "NO ALCOHOL" and be REAL careful about those prescription meds and combining, but everyone doesn't want to think it is them. Unfortunately due to the alcohol lobby, MADD cannot do all out public education.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.