April 27, 2024, 01:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 557088 times)
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/MattMorganESQ
Matt Morgan @MattMorganESQ
Just filed a motion requiring Defense Counsel to Provide Plaintiff's Counsel with #Caseyanthony 's Address or Accept Service of Process.

Does this mean snotrages counsel has to accept the motion?
I'm clueless, sorry....

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

I would do the same for my kid.... I hope the kid learned his lesson! If in the future there is a second DUI i believe that jeff will not help him...

I honestly think that most of us would...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Casey-Anthony-s-secret-address-may-be-released-on-a-subpoena/-/1637132/8799274/-/qa4cc0/-/
Casey Anthony's secret address may be released on a subpoena
Zenaida Gonzalez's team offering to let Anthony's lawyers accept it for her
Published On: Feb 17 2012 11:30:16 AM EST

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, filed a motion asking for Anthony's secret home address for a trial witness subpoena.  Gonzalez is suing Anthony, 25, for defamation, claiming her life was ruined after Anthony linked her to Caylee Anthony's disappearance in 2008.  Attorney Matt Morgan said they are also offering Anthony's lawyers the option to agree to accept a trial witness subpoena on her behalf.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/MattMorganESQ
Matt Morgan @MattMorganESQ
Just filed a motion requiring Defense Counsel to Provide Plaintiff's Counsel with #Caseyanthony 's Address or Accept Service of Process.

Does this mean snotrages counsel has to accept the motion?
I'm clueless, sorry....
Here we go. 
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-address-hearing-20120217,0,4639074.story
Casey Anthony home-address hearing set
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
12:55 p.m. EST, February 17, 2012

A hearing date has beenset in late March to discuss the request by Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys to get Casey Anthony's home address.

The hearing is set at 1:30 p.m. March 23. It will cover the Gonzalez motion to require Anthony's defense to provide her address for a subpoena or, in the alternative, to accept the subpoena on her behalf.

But the hearing also will cover other outstanding issues including Gonzalez's motion for partial summary judgment and Anthony's motion to compel discovery.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »

Everyone may have differing opinions about Mr. Ashton defending his son.  To criticize his doing so is not unfair, IMO.  It is difficult for me to understand  anyone seeing the video of Alexander Ashton attempting to walk a straight line and believing he might be sober.  But we all have different perceptions.  Mr. Ashton has never been my hero nor have I said he is.  On the day of the not guilty verdict, I sent flowers to Linda with a note that I believed she did a good job.  I did not send any message to Jeff Ashton.  I did pre-order his book and I believe he had every right to write it and I hope it was successful. I have yet to read it and I doubt I will.  In fact, it is headed for the trash.

I was somewhat neutral about Mr. Ashton until his publicity tour, a tour which all authors take to talk about their books. Nothing wrong with that, but I saw a man increasing impressed with himself.  Others might have seen something different.  But the deciding factor for me was when he was accused of having revealed psychological information about Casey Anthony which was under seal.  It was explained, at least to my satisfaction and apparently the judge was satisfied; At least nothing further came of it to my knowledge.  But when Ashton said, "It was above reproach, as is everything I do," or something to that effect.  No one, not even Jeff Ashton, is always above reproach, no matter what his opinion of himself might be. 

I don't recall who posted that Alexander Ashton, had he killed someone by his drunk driving, would live with it the rest of his life.  I don't have time to find it now, but will if anyone objects to my referencing it without atttribution.  IMO, If Alexander Ashton had killed someone, and from what I saw of his condition in the video he might well have done so, and if he would live with the knowledge of it, consider that the victim would not be living at all.  That, to me is the most serious consequence, not Alexander Ashton's regrets.  And the victim's family would certainly have to live the rest of their lives with the knowledge that a drunk driver killed their loved one. Needlessly.  Carelessly.  Thoughtlessly.  IMO, the others travelling on that road the night Alexander Ashton was stopped and arrested for dui were lucky indeed.

And, IMO, with that single needless, careless and thoughtless act, Alexander Ashton destroyed his father's hopes for election.  And Jeff Ashton, by defending Alexander Ashton's actions, revealed something more about his character which I don't consider becoming.  Perhaps others do. 

After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yep they sure are & thank goodness my only true judge will be after my time here is over.  Id sure be sunk if i had to be forgiven for my mistakes by you. That was my post u referenced & it wasnt hard to find.
 i also never said that alexander ashton was innocent. Hopefully he learned his lesson & if so deserves a 2nd chance. I truly respect most monkeys that post here but there are some who are ALWAYS abrasive & bitter. No differing opinions allowed.I will pray for u. My apologies to those i think sound like great caring people. Those who r here to pray for victims & innocent children. I will continue to read but wont post again. I hope you find some happiness in your life babybear. U need to not live your life so bitterly & oppositional.i will always believe people deserve to redeem themselves. I would even feel that way about casey anthony if she had admitted to her wrongdoing & felt remorse. God forgives those who ask for forgiveness.

you should continue to post. this is a discussion forum and we all have the right to post how we feel...sometimes we disagree, sometimes we don't ...all part of being on a forum..besides, there are other threads here to post on. I enjoy your posts and hope that you continue with them..I like reading most everyone's thoughts and opinions..I skip over the ones that I don't want to read...xoxoxox

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »

geez..haven't gotten in a quote box in a long time...sorry..

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

Everyone may have differing opinions about Mr. Ashton defending his son.  To criticize his doing so is not unfair, IMO.  It is difficult for me to understand  anyone seeing the video of Alexander Ashton attempting to walk a straight line and believing he might be sober.  But we all have different perceptions.  Mr. Ashton has never been my hero nor have I said he is.  On the day of the not guilty verdict, I sent flowers to Linda with a note that I believed she did a good job.  I did not send any message to Jeff Ashton.  I did pre-order his book and I believe he had every right to write it and I hope it was successful. I have yet to read it and I doubt I will.  In fact, it is headed for the trash.

I was somewhat neutral about Mr. Ashton until his publicity tour, a tour which all authors take to talk about their books. Nothing wrong with that, but I saw a man increasing impressed with himself.  Others might have seen something different.  But the deciding factor for me was when he was accused of having revealed psychological information about Casey Anthony which was under seal.  It was explained, at least to my satisfaction and apparently the judge was satisfied; At least nothing further came of it to my knowledge.  But when Ashton said, "It was above reproach, as is everything I do," or something to that effect.  No one, not even Jeff Ashton, is always above reproach, no matter what his opinion of himself might be. 

I don't recall who posted that Alexander Ashton, had he killed someone by his drunk driving, would live with it the rest of his life.  I don't have time to find it now, but will if anyone objects to my referencing it without atttribution.  IMO, If Alexander Ashton had killed someone, and from what I saw of his condition in the video he might well have done so, and if he would live with the knowledge of it, consider that the victim would not be living at all.  That, to me is the most serious consequence, not Alexander Ashton's regrets.  And the victim's family would certainly have to live the rest of their lives with the knowledge that a drunk driver killed their loved one. Needlessly.  Carelessly.  Thoughtlessly.  IMO, the others travelling on that road the night Alexander Ashton was stopped and arrested for dui were lucky indeed.

And, IMO, with that single needless, careless and thoughtless act, Alexander Ashton destroyed his father's hopes for election.  And Jeff Ashton, by defending Alexander Ashton's actions, revealed something more about his character which I don't consider becoming.  Perhaps others do. 

Yep they sure are & thank goodness my only true judge will be after my time here is over.  Id sure be sunk if i had to be forgiven for my mistakes by you. That was my post u referenced & it wasnt hard to find.
 i also never said that alexander ashton was innocent. Hopefully he learned his lesson & if so deserves a 2nd chance. I truly respect most monkeys that post here but there are some who are ALWAYS abrasive & bitter. No differing opinions allowed.I will pray for u. My apologies to those i think sound like great caring people. Those who r here to pray for victims & innocent children. I will continue to read but wont post again. I hope you find some happiness in your life babybear. U need to not live your life so bitterly & oppositional.i will always believe people deserve to redeem themselves. I would even feel that way about casey anthony if she had admitted to her wrongdoing & felt remorse. God forgives those who ask for forgiveness.
Wow.  I really don't see the need to be so ugly to another poster.  She didn't personally attack anyone.  It is my understanding that this board provides a platform for differing opinions.  I've certainly never read anything that suggested that those that only thought a certain way were welcome.  I would hope we're beyond that.  With all due respect, the bit about praying for someone...that's not nice at all.  We're adults that should be able to express ourselves in a mature manner without getting angry, taking our ball, and going home.  Or at least be controlled enough to do it without posting about it.

On to my thoughts about JA.  His attitude toward his son's case is exactly what is wrong in America now.  Parents want to get their kids out of trouble no matter what.  That he would stand in front of a jury watching the dashcam and say that the perceptions of the arresting officer were wrong is outrageous.  He, of all people, have stood with LE for 30 yrs prosecuting people who made stupid, irresponsible, negligent, and sometimes deliberate decisions.  He has been an advocate for victims.  IMO, what he did just shut the door on his election bid and frankly showed a side of him that I'd have rather not seen.

I was raised to be responsible for my actions.  I was raised to respect law and law enforcement.  If I did something wrong, I was expected to face the consequences.  I've raised my own kids that way.  Everyone makes stupid choices.  There are consequences to those choices.  Either the person that commits the crime accepts the consequences or the victim alone does.  Our justice system is in jeopardy because no one wants to draw a line and say 'don't cross' or else.  IMO, teaching your children that you will stand by them while they face consequences will build their character in ways that teaching them to use loop-holes and an attitude of victimization will not.  People need to 'man-up' already. 

Again, this is simply my opinion, and, from what I'm seeing, in a minority.  I'm sadden, but okay with that.  Why can't everyone else be?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

I double checked to make sure I wasn't invading a quote and did anyway.  

Sorry!

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »

Not taking a chance on the quote box absorber, lol.

Calgary- you are correct.  That is Jeff's daughter, and he is representing her.  Your dry humor, if it was intended, cracked me up in a much needed moment.

Busy day indeed.

Not her first citation for this.    Should our take away be the kids do not want Jeff to run for office?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »

Not taking a chance on the quote box absorber, lol.

Calgary- you are correct.  That is Jeff's daughter, and he is representing her.  Your dry humor, if it was intended, cracked me up in a much needed moment.

Busy day indeed.

Not her first citation for this.    Should our take away be the kids do not want Jeff to run for office?

BBM. Seems so. They are not helping him, for sure.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Jeff Ashton's son found guilty of DUI

ORLANDO -- A Seminole County jury has found Alexander Ashton guilty of driving drunk.

<snipped>

Judge Herr revoked Alexander’s license for six months and gave him a year of probation. He will also have to pay court costs and take court-ordered classes.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2012/february/383126?cmpid=breaking
As it should be.

look like Alexander will face punishment for his actions..is this a fair and just punishment that any one would receive? seems like it to me...hopefully he will have learned from this and move on to be a productive citizen. He is young and made a really really bad judgement..as a lot of people have and will do.. jmo...

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »

you should continue to post. this is a discussion forum and we all have the right to post how we feel...sometimes we disagree, sometimes we don't ...all part of being on a forum..besides, there are other threads here to post on. I enjoy your posts and hope that you continue with them..I like reading most everyone's thoughts and opinions..I skip over the ones that I don't want to read...xoxoxox
thank u cookie, i appreciate your kindness. Its posters like u who are so obviously caring & kind that will always keep me reading here. So many posters on here blow my mind with their amazing insight, compassion & love for people they did not even know. I get a good laugh most days despite all of the sadness here because so many monkeys have such a great sense of humor. U are included Smile i am sorry if my praying for someone who cant show some forgiveness is ugly & taken as an attack. Sometimes people need those prayers. Anyway i do understand making your children accountable for their actions as i do have children that i try to raise that way, but i do forgive my children for mistakes & will always do so. I will always stand by them & be there to defend them while making them suffer those consequences. I believe it is possible to do both.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2012, 09:40:11 PM »

thank u cookie, i appreciate your kindness. Its posters like u who are so obviously caring & kind that will always keep me reading here. So many posters on here blow my mind with their amazing insight, compassion & love for people they did not even know. I get a good laugh most days despite all of the sadness here because so many monkeys have such a great sense of humor. U are included Smile i am sorry if my praying for someone who cant show some forgiveness is ugly & taken as an attack. Sometimes people need those prayers. Anyway i do understand making your children accountable for their actions as i do have children that i try to raise that way, but i do forgive my children for mistakes & will always do so. I will always stand by them & be there to defend them while making them suffer those consequences. I believe it is possible to do both.

thank you.I am sure that you are a wonderful parent...we have a really good crowd here.. everyone has a lot to add and offer to the discussion..we need everyone here..we can learn from each other and lean on each other...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »

what the heck is the quote thing??
I am messing up..keep going beyond the 'quote' and it is still happening...'
it is getting rather stacked anyways so I will stop for now lol...

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »

When someone makes a mistake in a stack, all the others after that will be messed up also. You are not doing anything wrong Wink

There was a mistake before you quoted it. But I think we all followed who said what. Smile

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »

When someone makes a mistake in a stack, all the others after that will be messed up also. You are not doing anything wrong Wink

There was a mistake before you quoted it. But I think we all followed who said what. Smile

oh thanks honey! I was wondering what the heck...thank you for explaining that to us..

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:04 AM »

Just jumping in to say that when my underage brother plowed down someone's fence drunk driving (first offense), my parents read him the riot act.  Then, they told him they loved him  and they'd be in court with him. When he was mouthy to the judge and got additional jail time, they told him they loved him, he was wrong, and they'd visit him in jail.  When he got out of jail, he was taken to buy the supplies (with his own money) to rebuild the fence.  After an apology was issued, he spent his "free time" rebuilding the man's fence. Tough love at work. He's never had another DUI in the past 27 years.

I agree with BabyBear- In choosing to attack the officer, rather than have his son admit to his crime, Jeff did indeed reveal a character flaw. It's a little like my teenage brother-in-law blaming the Trooper for his speeding ticket. Because the Trooper was parked in the median and not readily visible, that was supposed to somehow negate the fact that he was going 84 in a 65 mile zone.  It was "entrapment" because my BIL couldn't see him in time to drop back to 65. My father-in-law vigorously defended him with reports detailing the inaccuracies of radar guns. The underlying messages: my child can do no wrong; the rules don't apply to my child; and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my child off...enabling...the same thing Cindy Anthony did. My BIL lost, by the way, and still thinks the rules shouldn't apply to him and bends/breaks them to suit him. The Bible calls it spoiling the child (i.e. to make the child unfit for service, useless) and it's true. Drunk driving is a choice-one that can permanently affect someone else's life.  We're not talking about a child stealing a candy bar. Jeff should have counseled his son to be a man and admit it or he should have retained another lawyer who would have done so. Instead, he played smoke and mirrors, trying to get his son off.  Where is the honor in that?

Personally speaking, if a man's house isn't in order, I don't want him leading my government or me. If he's trained his children up right, they may mistakes, but they're usually not biggies and they'll own them. He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing.  Yes, I look at the local sheriff's son to see how well he obeys the law before I vote for that sheriff.  I research before I vote because when evil men rule, the people groan. The people will be the ones paying for the lack of wisdom and integrity. 

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »

Apparently, there have a history of contention that I'm not aware of.  I do not see anything in Babybear's post that points to her being unforgiving. 

I do hope that my post did not read in such a way as to imply that I don't forgive my children and am stern and unloving toward them.  I love my children dearly.  I've tried to teach them to walk in the way of Jesus.  Thankfully, they have always come to me when they've done wrong.   Sometimes it takes a few days, but I've never been surprised with misdeeds.  They know that the first thing they get is a hug and affirmation of my love for them and my pride in their ability to recognize they've made a mistake.  What kind of Christ-follower would I be if I could not forgive?  What kind of parent would I be if I could not love and yet discipline? 

We'll have differing ideas.  That doesn't make one person right and one person wrong.  In fact, we may well learn from each other if we're willing to be open to discussion without taking things personally.  I find lots of times I get some insight that has me thinking well after I step away from the computer.  That's just one of the perks of discussing cases with a group of people.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »

dag-gum it!  There goes that quote box again.  Sorry.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

[quote autho
r=KittyMom link=topic=12597.msg1509735#msg1509735 date=1329575191]
dag-gum it!  There goes that quote box again.  Sorry.
[/quote]

We have to leave that quote stack A's Brandi explained, once a quote box gets messed up, it will continue to keep messing up..
I agree with you, we can all learn with and from each other..we are a great bunch here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.