March 28, 2024, 10:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 554241 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

We love you Caylee.

I remember you, Caylee.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »

We love you Caylee.

we sure do...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »

NHRC Fundraiser Events

"After experiencing the abduction and murder of my son, I know the incredible pain that a loss like this brings, and so I commend Beth for channeling her pain into something positive and creating this foundation in conjunction with the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. It is my sincere hope that Beth and her family will get justice in Natalee's case. I always say that one person can make a difference. This foundation, in Natalee's memory and honor, will help protect other young adults from danger." - John Walsh

Running For Justice, Hosted by Maggie and Amanda

Come to Augusta Preparatory Day School, located in August, Georgia, for a 5k run. 100% of the proceeds go to the NHRC!

When: Saturday, February 25th
Donation: Entrance fee of $20 includes a t-shirt!
Registration Deadline: Saturday, February 11th.

*Beth Holloway will be speaking on Friday, February 24th at 2:30pm

REGISTER NOW as space is limited!

If you can't attend the run, but would still like to donate:

Read More:
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC_events

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

Just jumping in to say that when my underage brother plowed down someone's fence drunk driving (first offense), my parents read him the riot act.  Then, they told him they loved him  and they'd be in court with him. When he was mouthy to the judge and got additional jail time, they told him they loved him, he was wrong, and they'd visit him in jail.  When he got out of jail, he was taken to buy the supplies (with his own money) to rebuild the fence.  After an apology was issued, he spent his "free time" rebuilding the man's fence. Tough love at work. He's never had another DUI in the past 27 years.

I agree with BabyBear- In choosing to attack the officer, rather than have his son admit to his crime, Jeff did indeed reveal a character flaw. It's a little like my teenage brother-in-law blaming the Trooper for his speeding ticket. Because the Trooper was parked in the median and not readily visible, that was supposed to somehow negate the fact that he was going 84 in a 65 mile zone.  It was "entrapment" because my BIL couldn't see him in time to drop back to 65. My father-in-law vigorously defended him with reports detailing the inaccuracies of radar guns. The underlying messages: my child can do no wrong; the rules don't apply to my child; and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my child off...enabling...the same thing Cindy Anthony did. My BIL lost, by the way, and still thinks the rules shouldn't apply to him and bends/breaks them to suit him. The Bible calls it spoiling the child (i.e. to make the child unfit for service, useless) and it's true. Drunk driving is a choice-one that can permanently affect someone else's life.  We're not talking about a child stealing a candy bar. Jeff should have counseled his son to be a man and admit it or he should have retained another lawyer who would have done so. Instead, he played smoke and mirrors, trying to get his son off.  Where is the honor in that?

Personally speaking, if a man's house isn't in order, I don't want him leading my government or me. If he's trained his children up right, they may mistakes, but they're usually not biggies and they'll own them. He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing.  Yes, I look at the local sheriff's son to see how well he obeys the law before I vote for that sheriff.  I research before I vote because when evil men rule, the people groan. The people will be the ones paying for the lack of wisdom and integrity. 

I Spy--I enjoy your posts and read them all.  I am always disappointed when I find someone I might have otherwise admired is not who I thought they were, especially someone in a position of authority or someone who wishes to be. 

I believe that if a person fails at raising their children, their life is a failure, no matter what else they might have done.  This is not original with me, of course.  This is a prerequisite of civilization.  This is why God made parents.

"Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs, 22.6.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »

Just jumping in to say that when my underage brother plowed down someone's fence drunk driving (first offense), my parents read him the riot act.  Then, they told him they loved him  and they'd be in court with him. When he was mouthy to the judge and got additional jail time, they told him they loved him, he was wrong, and they'd visit him in jail.  When he got out of jail, he was taken to buy the supplies (with his own money) to rebuild the fence.  After an apology was issued, he spent his "free time" rebuilding the man's fence. Tough love at work. He's never had another DUI in the past 27 years.

I agree with BabyBear- In choosing to attack the officer, rather than have his son admit to his crime, Jeff did indeed reveal a character flaw. It's a little like my teenage brother-in-law blaming the Trooper for his speeding ticket. Because the Trooper was parked in the median and not readily visible, that was supposed to somehow negate the fact that he was going 84 in a 65 mile zone.  It was "entrapment" because my BIL couldn't see him in time to drop back to 65. My father-in-law vigorously defended him with reports detailing the inaccuracies of radar guns. The underlying messages: my child can do no wrong; the rules don't apply to my child; and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my child off...enabling...the same thing Cindy Anthony did. My BIL lost, by the way, and still thinks the rules shouldn't apply to him and bends/breaks them to suit him. The Bible calls it spoiling the child (i.e. to make the child unfit for service, useless) and it's true. Drunk driving is a choice-one that can permanently affect someone else's life.  We're not talking about a child stealing a candy bar. Jeff should have counseled his son to be a man and admit it or he should have retained another lawyer who would have done so. Instead, he played smoke and mirrors, trying to get his son off.  Where is the honor in that?

Personally speaking, if a man's house isn't in order, I don't want him leading my government or me. If he's trained his children up right, they may mistakes, but they're usually not biggies and they'll own them. He who has nothing to hide, hides nothing.  Yes, I look at the local sheriff's son to see how well he obeys the law before I vote for that sheriff.  I research before I vote because when evil men rule, the people groan. The people will be the ones paying for the lack of wisdom and integrity. 

I Spy--I enjoy your posts and read them all.  I am always disappointed when I find someone I might have otherwise admired is not who I thought they were, especially someone in a position of authority or someone who wishes to be. 

I believe that if a person fails at raising their children, their life is a failure, no matter what else they might have done.  This is not original with me, of course.  This is a prerequisite of civilization.  This is why God made parents.

"Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs, 22.6.

I agree with all of you.  Teaching a child to take responsibility for their actions is a must, IMO, and when that is not done, the results can be horrific.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/02/casey-anthony-jose-baez-to-speak-at-two-meetings.html
Casey Anthony: Jose Baez to speak at two meetings
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez — posted by halboedeker on February, 20 2012 2:59 PM

We don’t hear a lot about Jose Baez these days, especially since Cheney Mason said that Baez is no longer involved in the Casey Anthony case.

But we could soon hear from Baez.

He is scheduled to address the American Academy of Forensic Sciences’ annual meeting in Atlanta, which starts today.

Baez was listed as a speaker at three sessions. A breakfast session on Friday is called “Fantasy of Forensics: How Junk Science Failed to Persuade the Jury in the Casey Anthony Case.” A session on Tuesday is titled “Flawed Forensics: Recognizing and Challenging Misleading Forensic Evidence and Disingenuous Expert Testimony.”
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/02/casey-anthony-jose-baez-to-speak-at-two-meetings.html
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez — posted by halboedeker on February, 20 2012 2:59 PM

We don’t hear a lot about Jose Baez these days, especially since Cheney Mason said that Baez is no longer involved in the Casey Anthony case.

He is scheduled to address the American Academy of Forensic Sciences’ annual meeting in Atlanta, which starts today.

Baez was listed as a speaker at three sessions. A breakfast session on Friday is called “Fantasy of Forensics: How Junk Science Failed to Persuade the Jury in the Casey Anthony Case.” A session on Tuesday is titled “Flawed Forensics: Recognizing and Challenging Misleading Forensic Evidence and Disingenuous Expert Testimony.”

It astounds me that "professionals" want to hear anything this POS has to say -- my guess it's more curiosity than anything else.  At least I hope so.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/02/20/michigan-officials-not-amused-by-casey-anthony-vs-kate-upton-gameday-sign/
Michigan Usher Not Amused By Casey Anthony Vs. Kate Upton Gameday Sign
February 20, 2012     Posted in Basketball

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/30471668/detail.html

Ashton To Represent Son In DUI Case Today

Court records show that Jeff Ashton successfully challenged the Breathalyzer results, saying the software used in the test is unreliable.

Breathalyzer be damned, the man can't stand upright.  He had no business driving and Jeff has no business defending his son's behavior and then condemning ANY other parent. 

When I was made aware of this incident, I agreed to represent my son in this case because he is my son, I love him and I believe in his right to have his day in court like any other citizen, as would any parent.

Lawyer-speak.  Such a shame.  I really thought that Jeff Ashton was a different kind of lawyer.  The way he brushed off losing the case, the new job with a defense firm, and now this, tell me that I was wrong to think so highly of him.  If he truly cared about his son, he wouldn't be trying to get him less of a punishment but would be more focused on teaching him to be a man of integrity.  One dui arrest is not going to result in Alexander Ashton being sentenced to years in prison.  Unless this isn't AA's first dui????

KittyMom--Sometimes people we admire disappoint us.  Sometimes parents mistake enabling for love.  IMO Loving one's children means teaching them to live as moral, truthful human beings and to face the consequences for misdeeds, not assisting them in trying to get away with it. 

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »

I was away for the weekend and didn't read  about Mr. Ashton's daughter's arrest until today.  I see that this young woman has pled "Not Guilty" and that her father is her attorney and was present for the arraignment.  Driving without a license is relatively cut and dried.  It either is or isn't.  If you have one, produce it.  If you don't, then say so.  It isn't a matter of opinion.
I was stopped for speeding once and I just told the officer that yes, I was speeding.  I didn't realize the speed limit was lower in that area and I was exceeding it. It was on a Sunday morning and there was road construction in the area although no work at that time.  I produced my license, my registration and my insurance card.  He went back to his car and checked to see if I were wanted anywhere. He came back to me, told me to hold it down on the way home, returned the documents and told me I was free to go.  My experience in life has been that things go much better if, when you make a mistake, you admit it and move on.  It's very simple.  Of course if daddy has taught you he will get you out of trouble no matter the circumstances, it becomes much less simple.

Since Mr. Ashton is running against with Mr. Lamar and these two incidents are sure to be brought up during the campaign, I wonder if Ashton's children have no respect for their father at all.  Respect. That's another thing which children must be taught.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:23 AM »

Several years ago, I was distracted and rear-ended another driver.  My first words to the responding officer were, "I hit her. I was distracted...". When I went to court, I walked to the front of the packed courtroom when my name was called. The judge asked me how I was pleading. Knowing I will stand before God one day, I made myself look him in the eye and said loudly and clearly, "Guilty, your Honor."-because it was the truth.  It felt good saying it too.  I had no problem paying the fine because I had caused the accident.

Last year, we somehow missed getting our vehicle inspected.  We were pulled over after passing through a busy intersection. We knew we were not speeding. We got our registration and license out and as we waited for the officer to approach, we saw the inspection sticker. When he got to the car, we gave him the documents and told him that we had failed to get the vehicle inspected. Apparently expecting an argument, he was speechless for a few seconds.  He wrote our ticket, advised us to get the vehicle inspected immediately, and informed us that if we did, the judge would likely drop the charges. We got it inspected the next day (a Monday).  When we went to court, we took our family (a good learning experience-court in action). Again, it was a packed house in Traffic Court. When my spouse's name was called, admitting guilt was not even an issue-we had failed to get our vehicle inspected. Hearing the officer's report and seeing our inspection slip, the Judge dismissed the charges. To blame the officer would have been a lie.

I expect no less honesty from those in authority, attorneys, and otherwise. As we say in our family, "It's black or white, dark or light, salt or pepper.".  When you start mixing the salt and pepper, it's nearly impossible to separate the two.  It's the same way with the truth and lies/deception. You're either telling the whole truth or you're not. "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." Proverbs 22:1  Integrity counts. Once it's gone, you can rarely get it back.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »

Back to Caylee... we still have our handmade Justice For Caylee sign on our vehicle window...it's not going anywhere anytime soon.  Today, we wondered if children can fly in Heaven. Wouldn't that be fun? While we don't believe it was God's best that Caylee was murdered, we are grateful that she is no longer subject to Casey's whims/temper tantrums/narcissism/neglect/rage or Cindy's sick power plays.  We also believe each of the Anthonys have been exposed for what they really are.

Just last week, I was talking to some parents at a children's event.  We were discussing the overall decline of common sense and logic in society. I was surprised when they began talking about Casey and Caylee. I was glad to discover two more in Caylee's corner.  It was interesting to me that a little girl we had never met could unite so many people nationwide; how many lives Caylee Anthony had affected.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2012, 02:04:09 AM »

you know I keep checking in her to see if the murderer is back in jail -    I have a birthday coming up and my hubby asked me what I wanted.  One thing - that wretched person to go back to jail where she belongs!!!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2012, 07:29:30 AM »

http://notesfromaninsider.com/2012/02/20/what-whitney-houston-and-casey-anthony-have-in-common/
February 20, 2012 · 8:31 PM
What Whitney Houston and Casey Anthony Have in Common?

The lives of Whitney Houston and Casey Anthony have one thing in common only- opportunities to shine the light of awareness.

The recent death of Whitney Houston has brought out the very best and of course the very worst in media and humanity. Let’s get the worst out of the way first. Whitney Houston, even with all of her issues and demons, was not a woman of ill character. So, those in media who are USING Ms. Houston’s name solely to get press are way off the mark. She certainly should not even be thought of in the same sentence as the likes of a Casey Anthony. It is clear that many media mavens miss the ratings bonanza that Casey Anthony brought them.

But, we can use both stories as teachable moments and to shine the light on serious issues. As you all know, I am primarily known as a true crime insider and commentator on all things criminal justice, prison and most importantly re-entry into society. My goal with the Casey Anthony case is to highlight how our court system works and what needs to change. Further, I think the Casey Anthony case must be used to shine the light on America’s dirty little secret, child abuse and neglect. The fact is that FIVE children die every day in this country from abuse or neglect. So, while I empathize with Caylee Anthony I try to keep the conversation going by talking about all of the other abused children we must take care of.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »

you know I keep checking in her to see if the murderer is back in jail -    I have a birthday coming up and my hubby asked me what I wanted.  One thing - that wretched person to go back to jail where she belongs!!!
I hope you get your wish.

~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »

Several years ago, I was distracted and rear-ended another driver.  My first words to the responding officer were, "I hit her. I was distracted...". When I went to court, I walked to the front of the packed courtroom when my name was called. The judge asked me how I was pleading. Knowing I will stand before God one day, I made myself look him in the eye and said loudly and clearly, "Guilty, your Honor."-because it was the truth.  It felt good saying it too.  I had no problem paying the fine because I had caused the accident.

Last year, we somehow missed getting our vehicle inspected.  We were pulled over after passing through a busy intersection. We knew we were not speeding. We got our registration and license out and as we waited for the officer to approach, we saw the inspection sticker. When he got to the car, we gave him the documents and told him that we had failed to get the vehicle inspected. Apparently expecting an argument, he was speechless for a few seconds.  He wrote our ticket, advised us to get the vehicle inspected immediately, and informed us that if we did, the judge would likely drop the charges. We got it inspected the next day (a Monday).  When we went to court, we took our family (a good learning experience-court in action). Again, it was a packed house in Traffic Court. When my spouse's name was called, admitting guilt was not even an issue-we had failed to get our vehicle inspected. Hearing the officer's report and seeing our inspection slip, the Judge dismissed the charges. To blame the officer would have been a lie.

I expect no less honesty from those in authority, attorneys, and otherwise. As we say in our family, "It's black or white, dark or light, salt or pepper.".  When you start mixing the salt and pepper, it's nearly impossible to separate the two.  It's the same way with the truth and lies/deception. You're either telling the whole truth or you're not. "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." Proverbs 22:1  Integrity counts. Once it's gone, you can rarely get it back.

Good morning, Monkeys--I Spy, probably you, as did I, had parents who stressed that we were responsible for our own actions and while they would always love us, they would not try to help us evade responsibility.  I think I'm learning, to my dismay, that many people did not.  It's a pity.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2012, 09:11:52 AM »

It astounds me that "professionals" want to hear anything this POS has to say -- my guess it's more curiosity than anything else.  At least I hope so.
I'm thinking they just want some entertainment.  Sort of like the Bearded Lady show at the circus.   Monkey Devil!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »

I'm thinking they just want some entertainment.  Sort of like the Bearded Lady show at the circus.   Monkey Devil!
Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »

I hope you get it. 
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »

im sorry! I started the whole mess up by jumping in a box.  I agree with u as well. I am disheartened & sickened that that little angel got no justice & is now nothing more than a big fat paycheck in the wallet of all of the anthonys. God will have the final say on it though. I just have to remember that. I honestly dont care how jeff ashton raises his children, what office he runs for or how full of himself he has gotten. I respect the fight he fought for caylee & always will. I truly believed he, linda & frank fell in love with her & wanted to punish those responsible for discarding her like trash, both literally & figuratively. I find him to be a brilliant attorney & thats enough for me to respect him on a professional level. Its not my placeb to judge his personal ethics. I got the point loud & clear that many disagree with my postings on this issue. I will not bring it up again. I dont post much anyway. Just like to read, waiting for the day the karma train rolls into orlando. There are alot of people that will get smacked with that train when it gets there.

I hope you'll post more often kcrn. 

kcrn
I agree .. I too enjoyed your posts. especialy this one.

thx guys. U guys are a great group. Smart, funny & understanding. Wish the whole world was that way!!

I also have that wish.

I'm glad to see you are still posting. It is a great group and like Alagary says, sometimes we strongly disagree... but it's rare. Religion, politics, child rearing, etc.... those are some touchy subjects anyway...and they do come up time to time. I myself try to stay away from those but only because I'm too old and worn out for debates. Someone else always says what I'm thinking anyway.

Glad to have you with us in support for justice to be given to sweet Caylee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.