March 28, 2024, 10:50:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 554185 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »

A lot of interesting links ... thanks!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: March 16, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »

http://www.durantdemocrat.com/view/full_story/17908939/article-Senate-approves-Caylee%E2%80%99s-Law?instance=popular
Senate approves Caylee’s Law
March 16, 2012

OKLAHOMA CITY – The state Senate has approved Caylee’s Law, a measure requiring parents or guardians to report that a child has gone missing within a 48-hour period.

Sen. Ralph Shortey, author of Senate Bill 1721, said the bill was motivated by the 2011 trial of Casey Anthony, who was convicted of lying to police regarding the disappearance of her daughter. SB 1721 creates a felony for failure to report a missing child within 48 hours.
 ::snipping2::
Senate Bill 1721 now advances to the House for consideration.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: March 16, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

http://citizensvoice.com/news/caylee-s-law-advances-in-harrisburg-1.1286401
Caylee's Law advances in Harrisburg
March 16, 2012

Pennsylvania's version of Caylee's Law, sponsored by the Hazleton area's state representative, won unanimous approval in the House on Tuesday.

House Bill 1841 would make it a third-degree felony for a parent or person responsible for a child's welfare to intentionally give false information to law enforcement officials investigating a crime against a child.

A companion bill sponsored by Rep. Justin Simmons, R-131, that makes concealing the death of a child a third-degree felony also won unanimous approval in the house.
Toohil said laws such as those proposed by HB 1841 and 1842 would strengthen the legal accountability of parents and those responsible for the well-being of children.

Her legislation, she said, was crafted to accomplish three objectives: expand the definition of responsible parties to include not only the parent but also people who live with the parent, such as a boyfriend, girlfriend or guardian; protect children by requiring the truth from the people involved in a criminal investigation, and elevate violations of the laws from misdemeanor to felony.

"This bill protects our children by requiring that the people involved tell the truth in these investigations," Toohil said. "In the case of Xavier Simmons, false reports were made to emergency responders and law enforcement. The doctors at the hospital lost vital time listening to the boyfriend's lies."

Both bills will now move to the Senate for consideration.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: March 16, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »

It's a very difficult law to get passed. I can see the opposition points. It needs to be ironclad
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120318/APC0101/203180487/-Caylee-s-Law-praised-panned
Bill targets parents who fail to report missing kids
March 18, 2012

Eight months after Casey Anthony was found not guilty in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, the public outrage over the explosive case is still resonating in the Wisconsin Legislature.

The Assembly and Senate have passed Caylee's Law, which requires parents and other guardians to report the death or disappearance of a child within certain time limits. It now awaits Gov. Scott Walker's signature.
More...
(3 Pg. article)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »

In the article below are listed bills that passed or failed this session. (2012 Florida Legislature)  Read lists at link.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/mar/19/lawmakers-address-fake-pot-caylee-anthony-during-s-ar-382376/
Lawmakers address fake pot, Caylee Anthony during session
March 19, 2012

Outrage over the death of Anthony permeated the session. Legislators approved a bill that makes it a third-degree felony for parents or guardians to lie to law enforcement when a child under 16 is missing, dies or is seriously injured. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, was acquitted of murder but was convicted on four misdemeanor counts of misleading law enforcement officers after her daughter's 2008 disappearance.
WINNERS (Bills that passed)
CRIME
HB 37, making it a felony to lie to police when a child goes missing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:48:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: March 20, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Caylees-Law-passes-Kansas-legislature/NUt6fnN9rEStJE8zS2FQ0Q.cspx

"Caylee's Law" passes Kansas legislature
Published: 3/19 9:24 pm
Updated: 3/19 10:13 pm

WICHITA, Kansas -- Kansas is one of multiple states that took action after the Casey Anthony trial to strengthen laws on when missing children should be reported.

A bill is close to becoming law that make it a crime to not report children missing in a timely manner. 
The bill passed in the House and Senate with no opposition.  Now it will go to a conference committee.   Failure to report the disappearance of a child will be a  severity level 8, nonperson felony.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: March 21, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »

http://www.wgmd.com/?p=51308

Mar 20, 2012 posted by: Mari Lou-WGMD News
Bill to strengthen missing child reporting laws in DE passes the state House

Delaware’s version of Caylee’s Law was approved unanimously in the state House.  House Bill 256 would tighten Delaware’s missing child laws and was created after constituents called their state representatives in the wake of the national trial of Casey Anthony.  Delaware’s measure does not create a new section of code, but tweaks the existing code to include ‘failing to report a missing child’ to the crime of endangering the welfare of a child.  The bill now goes to the state Senate for consideration.
HB 256 adds “including failing to report a missing child” to the crime of endangering the welfare of a child, clearing up any ambiguity about whether a parent must report a missing child as soon as possible. Under Delaware law, endangering the welfare of a child ranges from a misdemeanor to a Class E felony, punishable by up to five years in prison, depending on whether the child is harmed or dies as a result of the neglect.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: March 21, 2012, 12:42:44 AM »

http://www.ctbulletin.com/articles/2012/03/20/news/doc4f692044327d8990305651.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Testimony to be heard Friday at Connecticut legislature on missing child bill
Published: Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HARTFORD — Called “Caylee’s Law” by some, the legislature’s Judiciary Committee will be hearing public testimony Friday on a bill that would make it a crime for a parent to neglect to report a missing child within 24 hours.
Under the bill, however, after an investigation shows that a parent or caregiver knowingly waited 24 hours before reporting a missing child 12 or under, they could be sent to jail for up to one year and be levied a fine of up to $1,000.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: March 21, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

http://www.ctbulletin.com/articles/2012/03/20/news/doc4f692044327d8990305651.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Testimony to be heard Friday at Connecticut legislature on missing child bill
Published: Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HARTFORD — Called “Caylee’s Law” by some, the legislature’s Judiciary Committee will be hearing public testimony Friday on a bill that would make it a crime for a parent to neglect to report a missing child within 24 hours.
Under the bill, however, after an investigation shows that a parent or caregiver knowingly waited 24 hours before reporting a missing child 12 or under, they could be sent to jail for up to one year and be levied a fine of up to $1,000.

Thanks grace-land for all the updates.  It should be obvious by now that so many people believed the momster was guilty, except of course the jurors who had IMO another agenda.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »

I'm speechless.  It's still all about her. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/208508/casey-anthony-being-baptized-looks-forward-to-new-beginning/

Casey Anthony Being Baptized, Looks Forward To New Beginning
Posted: March 21, 2012

Casey Anthony is getting baptized and according to an insider the 26-year-old hopes it will be “a new beginning” for a life that turned upside down after the death and disappearance of daughter Caylee Anthony.

An insider source this week spoke with RadarOnline.com and announced:

“Casey has planned to get baptized sometime this month.”

After being found not guilty last July in the death of her daughter Caylee Anthony she went into hiding, eventually a few YouTube videos surfaced in which she talked about mundane parts of her life while showing off a new haircut, nose ring and a puppy. It was believed at that time that she was staying on the grounds of a Florida church.

That same source tells Radar:

“Casey believes that Caylee is with God now and wants to ensure her own salvation so that she’ll see her daughter again someday.”

Casey revealed in one of her videos that she was “really starting to feel good about a lot of things. It’s about time.” She also notced “I’m really starting to like the way things going and where they’re going.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/208508/casey-anthony-being-baptized-looks-forward-to-new-beginning/#gpy2KeSDYvMHlSL8.99
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: March 21, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »

I don't know how dependable this source is, but here's the article FWIW:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/03/casey-anthony-baptized-new-beginning
Casey Anthony Is Getting Baptized: 'It's A New Beginning'
March 21, 2012

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: March 21, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/03/casey-anthony-baptized-new-beginning
March 21, 2012

Would the church not burst into flames if this is true?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: March 21, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

March 21, 2012

From the above link:

"I'm just really starting to feel good about a lot of things. It's about time," Casey said in one clip. "I'm really starting to like the way things are going and where they're are going.

"I'm just happy. I'm really happy."

She makes me sick.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »

Something like this? 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: March 21, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »

March 21, 2012

From the above link:

"I'm just really starting to feel good about a lot of things. It's about time," Casey said in one clip. "I'm really starting to like the way things are going and where they're are going.

"I'm just happy. I'm really happy."

She makes me sick.
Me too. She can go through the motions, just like she has done all her life......but this time, she can't/won't fool the Man upstairs.  Enough said.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-21/news/os-casey-anthony-zenaida-trial-delay-20120321_1_gonzalez-attorney-matt-morgan-zenaida-fernandez-gonzalez-casey-anthony

Casey Anthony: Will Zenaida Gonzalez suit go to trial?
5:18 p.m. EST, March 21, 2012

But a possible barrier looms on the road to a second Casey Anthony trial: On Friday, a judge in the case will hear arguments about whether Gonzalez's claim has the legal standing to proceed.
Casey Anthony's defense is seeking to have the suit tossed, based on similar logic: Anthony never identified which Zenaida Gonzalez she was referring to when she made her claim, they say.

The defense also argues that Anthony's statements to law enforcement should be considered privileged.

That motion for summary judgment in Anthony's favor will be heard at Friday's hearing. And Hornsby thinks the defense's argument — that Anthony never sufficiently identified Gonzalez — has merit.

"My take is that they've got a pretty decent shot at having this dismissed," Hornsby said.

Gonzalez's attorneys disagree, and have filed their own motion also set to be heard Friday, that asks the judge to rule that Casey's mother was acting on her daughter's behalf when she told reporters in 2008 that Gonzalez hadn't been ruled out as a suspect.

"We're very confident that our case has merit," said Gonzalez attorney Matt Morgan.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-21/news/os-state-attorney-candidate-forum-20120321_1_jeff-ashton-law-enforcement-state-attorney

State Attorney hopefuls meet for Orlando roundtable
4:15 p.m. EST, March 21, 2012|
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

Candidates seeking to replace Lawson Lamar as State Attorney for the Ninth Judicial Circuit met in downtown Orlando for a roundtable discussion Wednesday, but the incumbent didn't attend.

In a forum organized by the Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association, Ryan Williams, Jeff Ashton and Joerg Jaeger laid out differing views of the role of the state attorney, the importance of conviction rates and Lamar's job performance.

Ashton, who gained national attention as a prosecutor in the Casey Anthony murder trial, stressed the importance of being more selective in determining which cases merit going to before a jury.

"A lot of these cases are being tried and lost that never should have been tried at all," Ashton. He and Williams, also a former assistant state attorney, both said they'd take on a more hands-on role in individual cases if elected.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »

Hopefully Casey will accidentally drown during the baptism and no one will report her dead for 31 days

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #559 on: March 21, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »

March 21, 2012

I think so Northern. I was just telling hubbs that it would be worth flying down to see it.  But he said he would be afraid to let me since God will strike the place down.  Monkey Devil!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.