March 28, 2024, 02:40:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #14 1/28/12 - 5/17/12  (Read 554208 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #720 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

Green is on InSession...he says the defendant discovered that what she actually said to her mom on the jailhouse video is.....that they never showed her a picture of that Kississimee woman when they went to go see her.      This, according to Green, will end this case.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »

If anyone deserves an award for Casey Anthony case coverage, it is WFTV, Kathi Belich, and Mr. Sheaffer.  What does Kealing mean by "continuing coverage" ?
IDK....there is nothing about this on the WESH news site, that I could find.  Kinda strange....

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: April 13, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »

In her judgment Thursday, Circuit Judge Lisa Munyon ruled that the critical issue of whether or not Anthony -- in her statements to police and in a recorded jailhouse conversation with her parents -- fingered Gonzalez, the plaintiff, or effectively exonerated her in her daughter's disappearance "must be decided by a jury."

"Both parties agree that the defendant did not implicate (Gonzalez) in the disappearance of the child in the July 16, 2008, statements to law enforcement," Munyon wrote in her ruling. "However, the inferences to be drawn from the July 25, 2008, statement (to her parents) are disputed matters for jury determination."

Moreover, Gonzalez's assertion that Casey's mother Cindy Anthony was "acting as (an) agent of" her daughter is likewise "a disputed matter for jury determination."

Munyon's ruling followed a March 23 hearing in Orlando, Florida, in which Gonzalez's lawyers called for a "summary judgment" in their client's favor and Anthony's defense team argued for the lawsuit to be dismissed.

The defamation trial is scheduled to begin January 2, 2013.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/250519/250/Casey-Anthony-lawsuit-to-proceed

shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #723 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17407982/casey-anthony-civil-case-hearing-friday
Casey Anthony civil case hearing to be held Friday

ORLANDO, FL (CNN) - Casey Anthony's lawyer is doing everything he can to make sure a defamation lawsuit against his client won't go to trial.

This afternoon, a Florida judge will hear Anthony's defense attorney argue for dismissal of the lawsuit.

Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: April 13, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17407982/casey-anthony-civil-case-hearing-friday
Casey Anthony civil case hearing to be held Friday

ORLANDO, FL (CNN) - Casey Anthony's lawyer is doing everything he can to make sure a defamation lawsuit against his client won't go to trial.

This afternoon, a Florida judge will hear Anthony's defense attorney argue for dismissal of the lawsuit.

Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation.

Huh?

Wasn't that ruled on yesterday by Judge Munyon?

shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »

Yes, I thought so, I rechecked the date that article posted and it's today, I'm soooo confused, are they able to appeal Judge Munyon's decision to proceed so quickly????
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

So I think that TV station has it wrong, I can't find any other coverage of a hearing today, and they use CNN, which had that headline back in March which resulted in the Ruling to proceed I posted. I've emailed them to point out their error.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: April 13, 2012, 11:09:07 PM »

If anyone deserves an award for Casey Anthony case coverage, it is WFTV, Kathi Belich, and Mr. Sheaffer.  What does Kealing mean by "continuing coverage" ?
IDK....there is nothing about this on the WESH news site, that I could find.  Kinda strange....

I thought it strange too.  It was WFTV who really took the bull by the horns and did an all out splendid job, all the time.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: April 14, 2012, 12:22:33 AM »

Thank you very much Tupelo!  I knew this civil law suit question had been asked and answered a while back but I just didn't know where.  I hope I didn't cause you to dig too hard.  Maybe I was just wishing something/anything could be done to the witch to punish her now for what she has done.  I have to travel from N. fl to Tampa/Orlando area every 3-4 mos. and I would just love for Casey to be wandering about...don't know what I would do but I'd love to get a chance to "talk" to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe I could invite her to ride in my trunk?  I can get skanky neon leopard print duct tape to wrap around her head "just to hold her hair back" if she needed it?!  We could figure something out I'm sure!  ALL JMHO and made up silly little wish list!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #729 on: April 14, 2012, 05:47:59 AM »

PRICELESS! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #730 on: April 14, 2012, 05:53:20 AM »

Took a while to find it on WESH .............  http://www.wesh.com/r/30882057/detail.html  snip

Judge Denies Request To Cancel Casey Anthony's Civil Trial

POSTED: 2:25 pm EDT April 12, 2012

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:57:13 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: April 14, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »

Took a while to find it on WESH .............  http://www.wesh.com/r/30882057/detail.html  snip

Judge Denies Request To Cancel Casey Anthony's Civil Trial

POSTED: 2:25 pm EDT April 12, 2012

Thank you!!

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/30881901/detail.html

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »

The site is back up....    http://www.cayleesfund.org/

Check out the purpose page, they have changed it ,I believe.  Didn't it used to say that the killer was acquitted?

And on the Donate page.....    Charitable Donations:
Your Kindness and Support Will Continue To Light The Way For Caylee      HUH???   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/04/casey-anthony-jeff-ashtons-fans-donate-to-political-run.html

Casey Anthony: Jeff Ashton’s fans donate to political run
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Frontline, PBS, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on April, 16 2012 6:38 PM

Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton’s many fans will get to see him on national television when PBS’ “Frontline” airs “The Real CSI” at 10 p.m. Tuesday. Ashton talks about the Casey Anthony trial, of course.

He may have lost when Anthony was acquitted of murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee. Yet Ashton is winning in another way while running for state attorney, and that “Frontline” appearance probably will help.

WFTV-Channel 9 Drew Petrimoulx reported that Ashton collected more than $32,000 in the first quarter of this year and that 60 percent of the 401 donors were from outside Orange and Osceola counties.

WFTV quoted an Ashton foe who said that Ashton was “exploiting his loss in the Casey Anthony trial.”  Ashton faced similar complaints about writing the best-selling “Imperfect Justice,” which won him more fans.

Ashton acknowledged to WFTV that donors liked what they saw him do during the trial, but dismissed criticism from State Attorney Lawson Lamar’s camp about the Anthony acquittal. Ashton noted that Lamar wanted to seek the death penalty in the Anthony case.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: April 17, 2012, 11:10:49 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/04/bill-sheaffer-former-wftv-analyst-bows-out-of-judicial-race.html

Bill Sheaffer, former WFTV analyst, bows out of judicial race
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Orlando, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on April, 17 2012 1:12 PM

Orlando attorney Bill Sheaffer, who was a legal analyst for WFTV-Channel 9, bowed out of a judicial race today, citing family obligations.

“I’ve halted the campaign and I have to devote time and resources to my family,” Sheaffer said. He cited his brother and niece, who have both fallen ill.

Sheaffer said he realized he couldn’t balance those family needs and the rigors of a campaign or the requirements of office. He had been running for Ninth Judicial Circuit Court Judge (Group 7) in Orange and Osceola counties.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” Sheaffer said. “I don’t know if I’ll practice law or try to get back with Channel 9.”
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/04/bill-sheaffer-former-wftv-analyst-bows-out-of-judicial-race.html

Caylee and Casey Anthony, Orlando, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on April, 17 2012 1:12 PM

Orlando attorney Bill Sheaffer, who was a legal analyst for WFTV-Channel 9, bowed out of a judicial race today, citing family obligations.

“I’ve halted the campaign and I have to devote time and resources to my family,” Sheaffer said. He cited his brother and niece, who have both fallen ill.

Sheaffer said he realized he couldn’t balance those family needs and the rigors of a campaign or the requirements of office. He had been running for Ninth Judicial Circuit Court Judge (Group 7) in Orange and Osceola counties.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” Sheaffer said. “I don’t know if I’ll practice law or try to get back with Channel 9.”

Dang it!  Bill would have brought some common sense to the courts.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:30 PM »

Sandy!  It's good to "see" you!!  MuffyBee, sandy leiva and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: April 18, 2012, 12:02:37 AM »

Trial delayed for Windermere child-sex suspect Scott Bush

Bush appeared in court before Circuit Judge Julie O'Kane on Monday morning for a status hearing, alongside attorneys Cheney Mason and Whitney Boan.

Mason told the judge that he had numerous depositions to complete before trial, and needed more time. The case had previously been set to go to trial in June

Mason, who was co-counsel for Casey Anthony during her murder trial, referenced his former client in describing difficulties he's had arranging depositions.

"It's not as bad as Casey, where everybody in the world had a lawyer," Mason quipped. O'Kane and the state agreed to delay the Bush trial at least until August.

Meanwhile, Boan withdrew from the case, citing "irreconcilable differences" with both Bush and Mason. She declined to explain the withdrawal in open court.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-scott-bush-hearing-child-sex-trial-delay-20120416,0,2516140.story
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: April 18, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »

So sorry to hear about his family's illnesses.

Sorry to hear he had to bow out.

I really appreciate his legal analyses, not just on the Caylee case.

Whatever he chooses to do in the future, I wish him well.

MAca
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: April 18, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.